So what did you do in ARK today?

9 hours ago, Aushegun said:

But once again my character was stuck in the weird walk bug, and I was even unable to fast travel between beds, so I just logged off and called it a night.

when i get stuck in the walk bug, i lay down prone, crawl for a ways then crouch and move forward abit more, go prone then back to walking, usually breaks me out of it.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I logged in and lagged out for about 5 minutes, then rubber-banded all over the place so I quit and went to work where it's less stressful.

I always find this one of the most interesting posts to read. What did you do on *ARK* today? I for one tamed a few scorpions, filled my troughs full of berries and meat and then decided to look

PS4 - Private Server - Ragnarok   No new color mutations on the ravagers last night, so all those babies got killed. I then was flying around, and I saw a whole group of high level even

Posted Images

PVE-Official-TheIsland

Spent most my day gathering resources and raising babies.  One of my friends bases got griefed by a chinese player, they tossed a bunch of unconscious bronto's all around his base blocking all the doorways, even on the roof.  Helped him get a support ticket sent in to resolve the issue, come to find out that same tribe that griefed him was trying to sell dinos on the server for real money, defiantly a no no. so hopefully the support staff will get it resolved quickly.

After helping my friend with the info he needed and what to do to get a ticket submitted, i headed back to base and continued gathering resources and raising the babies.  Got enough together to make the last of the ceilings that I need over at valguero to finish off the pen, and some extra to start working on a connecting pathway between the two buildings for safe foot travel.

While raising the babies one of my other friends popped in, I asked them if they got a giga egg sense they had been looking for one, nope not yet, so i bred my two gigas and told them to come get the egg sense they had helped me out before.  "for free?" "yep".  They asked me to turn on my teleporter so I did and they popped right over, As i was in my inventory to toss out the egg I noticed they dropped a bag in front of me,  They grabbed the egg, said thanks, and quickly teleported away.  I looked in the bag, and there were several cryopods with babies, so I picked them up and headed into my baby pen and tossed the little guys out:
EEE37E5DA93D14EE1A3631662CB7AFB2F5631391

twin Megalania, Black with red stripes :D I love black n' red dinos, that made my day.  I decided to hatch one of my dieno eggs today as well that I had gotten during the last event,  I was pleasantly surprised with what came out:

635F520CBF2228BCA4355911974AAC4EC00BBF72

hopefully some of the other Dieno eggs i grabbed up during the event give me some more beauties like this one :) If we get a halloween event I am soooo raiding dieno nests and wyvern nests lol.

got the dieno up to 10.1% maturity, the two little lizards up to 5%, and my rexs up to 58-62% (had 5 rexs out all day, you can see some of the feet in the screenshots lol). put all the babies away after waiting for two of them to finish off with their want timer, and crafted a tek geny to take over to valguero to start working on the baby raising area over there.  Another tribe showed me a nifty trick for it and im gonna incorporate that in the center of the new pen i've been working on.

Future Plans:

Get the ceilings crafted tomorrow, and the extra walls/foundations to take over to valguero, finish the roof of the dino pen, get the tek geny placed, and the pieces setup around it for the troughs.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

PVE-Official-TheIsland

Spent most my day gathering resources and raising babies.  One of my friends bases got griefed by a chinese player, they tossed a bunch of unconscious bronto's all around his base blocking all the doorways, even on the roof.  Helped him get a support ticket sent in to resolve the issue, come to find out that same tribe that griefed him was trying to sell dinos on the server for real money, defiantly a no no. so hopefully the support staff will get it resolved quickly.

After helping my friend with the info he needed and what to do to get a ticket submitted, i headed back to base and continued gathering resources and raising the babies.  Got enough together to make the last of the ceilings that I need over at valguero to finish off the pen, and some extra to start working on a connecting pathway between the two buildings for safe foot travel.

While raising the babies one of my other friends popped in, I asked them if they got a giga egg sense they had been looking for one, nope not yet, so i bred my two gigas and told them to come get the egg sense they had helped me out before.  "for free?" "yep".  They asked me to turn on my teleporter so I did and they popped right over, As i was in my inventory to toss out the egg I noticed they dropped a bag in front of me,  They grabbed the egg, said thanks, and quickly teleported away.  I looked in the bag, and there were several cryopods with babies, so I picked them up and headed into my baby pen and tossed the little guys out:
EEE37E5DA93D14EE1A3631662CB7AFB2F5631391

twin Megalania, Black with red stripes :D I love black n' red dinos, that made my day.  I decided to hatch one of my dieno eggs today as well that I had gotten during the last event,  I was pleasantly surprised with what came out:

635F520CBF2228BCA4355911974AAC4EC00BBF72

hopefully some of the other Dieno eggs i grabbed up during the event give me some more beauties like this one :) If we get a halloween event I am soooo raiding dieno nests and wyvern nests lol.

got the dieno up to 10.1% maturity, the two little lizards up to 5%, and my rexs up to 58-62% (had 5 rexs out all day, you can see some of the feet in the screenshots lol). put all the babies away after waiting for two of them to finish off with their want timer, and crafted a tek geny to take over to valguero to start working on the baby raising area over there.  Another tribe showed me a nifty trick for it and im gonna incorporate that in the center of the new pen i've been working on.

Future Plans:

Get the ceilings crafted tomorrow, and the extra walls/foundations to take over to valguero, finish the roof of the dino pen, get the tek geny placed, and the pieces setup around it for the troughs.

i find chinese ark players seem to greif alot from my experience, not saying chinese people are bad just saying what i have experienced. my freinds who play official have had the same prob, they just lead carnivors over and make them eat the brontos. it works.

3 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

i find chinese ark players seem to greif alot from my experience, not saying chinese people are bad just saying what i have experienced. my freinds who play official have had the same prob, they just lead carnivors over and make them eat the brontos. it works.

I've seen both good and bad,  the biggest issue we have on our main server is the ones that come in to park a ton of dino's on the server, we've hit dino cap a few times just because of that, but other then those ones, i've seen a pretty even ballance between good and bad chinese players.  The hard part is reporting them, as most of their names show up as [][][][] in game and finding the right one in the player list can be pretty hard to supply a link to their steam profile.  knowing where their base is helps though because at least that way you can give a position of the offending tribe even though you cant read their name.

Edited by caleb68
5 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

my friends  who play on official have ways to anti-greif people on pve servers. and also ways to prevent dino caps. if they find dinos that have been left out in about, they lead creatures over and make them kill the tame. if u wish i can ask them to give me a list of anti-greifing tips

I don't need them, but others might.  Support seems to be working pretty good for me to get the griefers taken care of, so it takes a few minutes of my time, but its easier that way and I don't have to worry that my actions may end up getting me in trouble.

1 hour ago, caleb68 said:

I don't need them, but others might.  Support seems to be working pretty good for me to get the griefers taken care of, so it takes a few minutes of my time, but its easier that way and I don't have to worry that my actions may end up getting me in trouble.

the tricks dont break the rules. i have seen some of them myself. they just smart ways of anti-greiving. 

I really like this topic, Im new to the forums and I like the idea of sharing your daily projects, so I decided to make a post too:

Im playing on legacy servers and since I already have a pretty big base and a lot of dinos, breeding is my daily cup of tea. Today I decided to take out of cryo some owls and argies with nice colors together with a gigantopithecus that got a green face and a 324 base lvl clean tek stego. Still got half of the fridge filled with random babies, but I decided to have a chill day. As I head out with my giga to farm some meat, I notice a pair of orange glowing eyes right in front of my door. I spyglassed that little devil and its lvl 145. Quite high for an island creature, so I decided to tame it. Finished meatrun and returned to base, grabbed shield, stimulants and opened dododex to read something about troodon taming. Suggestion: Build a pen - alright, so I made a stone 2x2 pen with a ramp, waited till next night, lured the spawn of devil inside and tossed a poor lvl 150 poison wyvern baby out. The troodon started panicking, running into walls and refused to eat me or the baby. Frustrated, I punched it. Twice. Tried feeding the baby rare flowers and ate bunch of them myself. All I got was a really pissed trike wandering around and a troodon that ignored me more than a 16y old teenager. With the sunrise I demolished the pen, cryoed the wyvern and unleashed the devil into the wild. Now I remember why I hate passive taming, it seems so random. Next night I noticed the troodon was back on the horse, chasing dodos around, so I uncryoed the baby wyvern, cryoed it back and tossed it out with the cryosickness. That 145 minion of hell noticed our presence, made that victory "rau-rau" shout and jumped into my face. I got surprised and chugged down so many stimulants, my always drunk uncle would be proud of me. Positioned myself at the unconscious wyvern and kept chugging my stimulants while holding the shield. It took 3 bites for the little life-wrecker to kill the wyvern, and a pop-up name table showed up (kinda annoying). Black and blue 217 female dream eater was mine, and this "yolo" process took me less than 2 minutes. Note for myself - dont bother with a taming pen, troodons are klaustrophobic. Now I want to wait for colored event and get another high lvl one with red stripes to make a black/red killing machine.

I have a floor with "mini-dinos", each of them having their own enclosure like a mini petting zoo. Got oviraptors, penguins, hespes, microraptors, vultures, lystros, archaeos, ichtys, dilos, dimos, pegos, compies, dodos and bats, with a troodon finally joining my collection.

Satisfied with my catch, I got back into my breeding house, cryoed babies and called it a night.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

Yeah it wasn't the crouch bug, but rather the one were your character acts like it is walking in cement.

ah the weight bug, i see it more commonly on my dinos then my character. keep a couple thatch on you, wait for the lag session to end, toss one of the thatch out onto the ground.  My dino's will have next to no weight on them, just my weight (which even when full is like 1/4th the lowest travel dinos max) and they'll move like they have all but 100 lbs filled.   It does eventually clear on its own, but its really annoying expecially if your trying to get away from something horrible, i donno, like nameless? alpha rex?

5 hours ago, Erinn said:

Note for myself - dont bother with a taming pen, troodons are klaustrophobic.

make the pen with fence foundations rather then using foundations, same is true if you want to tame a hyena and a couple of the other passives (forget which ones), they need to be on the ground.   Best food i know to toss to them that is low cost - high level adult dodo's, make sure the dino is on passive as well, can't have it harming the Troodon.

Edited by caleb68

So after building up levels in the awful area I'm in (at least awful to me. Not very many trees and barely any rocks and almost no metal) I decided that I needed to abandon my base for the moment and try and go to a better area to level up more and finally tame some more dinos and not get my face bitten off constantly. Got myself some decent traveling gear and a parachute (I made my base when the only dino I had was a Pteranadon and made up fairly high thinking it would all workout and then it died lol) and when I log in again I'm gonna go jump off the cliff and try and make up a temp base around the beach area/chalk cliffs and see if I can build up there. 

• Like 3

Finally! I think I am finished with the theri breeding, finally ! Must have spent a better part of a week battling against the RNG and hitting my head against a brick wall, but I got there. Must have hatched a few hundred eggs and even got a good number of mutations none of which I kept. Condensing the stats was easy but implementing my preference of colours added a few more generations of breeding. I'll let the final breeders grow up before taking my lightning wyvern to the countless theris I have accumulated over the breeding project(Theris, theris everywhere !), the wall of red text and the tribe log shall be glorious. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

so we took care of that troll. we just blew everything of his up. and we locked him in a metal box with ac on and a deadon on healing. also food and water dont drain on the server. so now i am free to expand my base on the mountain. i was out on my raptor i tamed. i was down on the plains near the volcano looking for something to tame and i was ambushed by a horde of sabers. managed to kill off the low levels. i knocked out a 300, 300, 190 and 180. gave them the mutton and let them tame. once tamed i bred them to get the stats. when i used dododex to compare stats the health was really high, stam was high, weight was average. melee was off the roof. i ended up with a purple coloured saber. i called her kyber (star wars reference). i also got a male purple one which i called mace windu (also star wars). i took kyber out. she was a beast. i got 20k chitin killing bugs on the volcano. on my way back i came across a pack of high lvl raptors. so knocked them out and tamed them. so did not do much aside from tame some sabers and raptors.

Edited by Kodking194
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, Fulton said:

good idea mabey i can try that

i not sure the deadon will work on official. also an owl works. or you could just knock him out and force feed him soups to reduce food and water consumption, also feed him and give him health brews. make sure the genny is out of his sight. also have narco traps set all around the outside of the box and possibbly have a turret or two protecting the prisoner if they are important, say a tribe leader. also keep it hidden but make sure its easy to access or close by your base. dont have it in your base, cause if he brakes out u are giving him a free pass to take your stuff and learn your layout. i made that mistake once.

1 hour ago, Fulton said:

i normally play pve but may go to pvp soon

if the server is pve u cant knock them out unless you are in their tribe and friendly fire is enabled. what u could do is trick them into the box and lock them in their. again u cant be in their tribe otherwise they will just demolish the box. 

Now that I have finished up breeding I have been running around the cave garbbing up the various artifects. I do have one or two artifacts left over so I decided that it would be a good idea to grab the whole set again. I hit up the central cave for the Artifact of the Clever as well as the Carno Island cave for the Artifact of the Devious last night, thankfully nothing bad happened, although I nearly had a heart attack when I spotted a megalania on the wall next to me.

I spent tonight on three other caves with my Baryonyx. I started off on the lava cave, had to get that one out the way first I hate dealing with the lava. Got the Artifact of the Massive without much of an issue. Then swung round to the lower south cave, that cave is an absolute breeze, grabbed the Hunter with no issues. Finished off in the Upper south cave for the Pack. Think this is one of the first times I have done that cave without getting lost. I did have a heart attack when a sarco ambushed me out the water towards the artifact chamber, but apart from that I came out unscathed. 

All I need to get now are the Brute, Skylord and the Strong. I am not looking forward to the Strong, last attempt I made it to the room before the artifact before retreating. Heck even the Skylord I am not looking forward to that, sure its easy but I have a habit of pulling off bad jumps. I Already have the Immune and the Cunning, but I'll do them again for the fun.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Now that I have finished up breeding I have been running around the cave garbbing up the various artifects. I do have one or two artifacts left over so I decided that it would be a good idea to grab the whole set again. I hit up the central cave for the Artifact of the Clever as well as the Carno Island cave for the Artifact of the Devious last night, thankfully nothing bad happened, although I nearly had a heart attack when I spotted a megalania on the wall next to me.

I spent tonight on three other caves with my Baryonyx. I started off on the lava cave, had to get that one out the way first I hate dealing with the lava. Got the Artifact of the Massive without much of an issue. Then swung round to the lower south cave, that cave is an absolute breeze, grabbed the Hunter with no issues. Finished off in the Upper south cave for the Pack. Think this is one of the first times I have done that cave without getting lost. I did have a heart attack when a sarco ambushed me out the water towards the artifact chamber, but apart from that I came out unscathed. 

All I need to get now are the Brute, Skylord and the Strong. I am not looking forward to the Strong, last attempt I made it to the room before the artifact before retreating. Heck even the Skylord I am not looking forward to that, sure its easy but I have a habit of pulling off bad jumps. I Already have the Immune and the Cunning, but I'll do them again for the fun.

do you have a otter? if so they can hold tons of artifacts.

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

You can also get artifacts on other maps and bring them over to the map your playing on, some of those are easy to get on Ragnarok.  I've taken artifacts to other maps just because i was missing one or 2 on them.