So what did you do in ARK today?

Today I joined a Ragnarok server that was at almost maximum players. I spawned in the NW jungle - or at least, what was left of it. The server had been running for 12,000 in-game days, so what had once been the frequently visited, blooming NW jungle was now nothing more than a massive prairie dotted with small metal structures. You could see the giant ruined mountain bridge from the SHORE it was so decimated. Despite this, there were STILL people running around, mingling. All the players A) were naked, and B) had contracted swamp fever and were spreading it to each other. While I was taking note of this, I encountered one of the most strange yet amusing things I've seen in ARK in a while.

There was what sounded like a 10 year old boy talking to another, older player about how he had swamp fever. Only instead of saying "swamp fever", he used the words " *ss cancer". The kid then went on to point out how the other player also had " *ss cancer", and how the two were " *ss cancer buddies". For what felt like 5 minutes, the kid followed the other player around the jungle - turned prairie, talking about their " *ss cancer". The funny thing was, the player he was talking to was Spanish and didn't know any English. So while this kid was droning on about their *ss cancer, the only thing the guy could say in response was something along the lines of "I speak no English".

After getting bored I stopped eavesdropping on them and tried to make some basic tools. TRIED to make some. Over the course of 30 minutes, I died to lvl 45 and 100 therizinosauruses, then decided to start spawning in the Viking bay. After dying 3 or 4 times to Eurytepids - which for some reason were using their swimming animations on land - I gave up and quit the game.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I logged in and lagged out for about 5 minutes, then rubber-banded all over the place so I quit and went to work where it's less stressful.

I always find this one of the most interesting posts to read. What did you do on *ARK* today? I for one tamed a few scorpions, filled my troughs full of berries and meat and then decided to look

PS4 - Private Server - Ragnarok   No new color mutations on the ravagers last night, so all those babies got killed. I then was flying around, and I saw a whole group of high level even

Posted Images

Unofficial cluster-rag ,center and a bit of ABB 

I was happy about the update until it screwed me ! Thought I was getting s+ but instead I got my character disappear into the matrix....awesome best part is my Admins are busy for a few days so I'm on my own for a bit

Buuuut I tribed up with the roomates on center and I had a few tames there so I'm not fooked at least , lost my Griffin that I use for the scar and my favourite ice wyvern into the matrix (r.i.p sandra Bullock) so I started up ABB cause I'm mad at rag , I forgot how much I love this map,  and lots of center grinding , got my tek suit back and worked on my base , Bred a mana to breed with my killer mana , tamed a lvl 520 tek rex , a few wooly rhinos a lvl 300 rex and a 300 yuty explored the caves and got some siiiick loot , killed a alpha megalodon with a sword and shield that was fun , poached a mating pair of abb Raptors,  now I need to get a breeding line of abb spinos and make a tek replicator 

I'll be gettin my tribe back tomorrow or tonight hopefully,  it's like I got a mind wipe with extra steps lol and ashylarry is dead , rick ross lives now lmao

• Like 1

Official EU Island, SE, AB, EX

Jumped SE for some milk, my poison ivy xmas wyvern is nearly adult but it still need some milk. After transfer i back to IS. :D

Day start like always, unfreezed all babies, imprint other, cooking some eggs and making new for hatching. After that i called my allys to my pyramid where they got one Velo per person. Full of hope we flew to green obi to try fight with pitiful beast, The Dragon. We realized we should first do gamma to see what can go wrong... That was strange adventure full of smoke, needles, fire and blood. We lose but now we know Velos deal to low dps or we did something bad. :/

We start preparations for another beast, beta this time. In meantime hatched new quetz eggs and farmed some pearls with angler and after couple of minutes i back to base with something like 10k shiny pearls. :)

Immediately i crafted nearly 5k electronics but 4k is reserved for trade.
Grabbed all necessary tribute for beta dragon and went from base to meeting area which is localized couple of meters from my bridge to base. :D
We regrouped our rexes squad and call the light from sky. Everyone rdy, again we were full of hope... One of our players crashed before tp so 4 free victims without commander :/ . That was slaughter, everything was good, dragon lose 50% of hp and after that our rexes one by one become roasted, we lose again...

After that horrible mistake i went for meat run, need to feed all those babies. On next day i start raising new rex squad. We did one hard ape run (friend got ~15 rexes as backup so we still able to do bosses :) ) and start collecting resources for next dragon. xd

Now we are riched of new experience and next time we win!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So I probably played more ARK this weekend than any in 2019 so far, probably an unhealthy amount but that is what happens when you are breeding, hatching, breed hatching, killing, feeding etc.

It was fairly decent though. I now have a male and female clean 312 Pteras, and I finally got all my colours onto a decent 317 (slightly muted) bird but the colours were perfect. I am basically creating 4 clean lines, which will go for mutation stacking... just need a few more birds to integrate.

Allos are coming along and I think tonight, Ill have 3 breeding pairs to try and move stats over. Very similar story with the Tappys but they are definitely taking longer.

As it stands, the Gigas are almost done, the Yuty's are just starting and managed to get one with 10k hp base with 2k stamina, which seems ok as noone on the server seems to have any better.

We did an Alpha run on Center for a guy on our server who needed the engrams, and other than getting artifacts... I just bred and bred. Tribemate then laid down the new Rex baby they got.... Black body with White scaled back and underbelly... seriously cool.

Tonight will just be getting timers down and imprint when I can, will probably take a day or two off so I can relax a bit more.

• Like 1

PS4 with mates – Killed the dragon and then did the tek cave. Uploaded a few bits to keep and then switched maps to aberration. None of us have played Ab before. We’re not downloading any gear or dinos, we’re having a full play through from scratch, other than our characters. Spent a couple of hours there last night. Set us a small temporary base, got a fabricator on the go, tamed a steg and an otter. That was as far as we got. Need to get some dino protection tonight and have an explore.

PC with daughter – Tamed about 5 rexes between 130 and 145. Best so far is 8140 health and 325 melee. That will be enough for gamma Brood and Monkey. Doubt I’ll be trying to run Alpha with her. We’ll see. There is a 168 Tek Rex on the map. Will probably tame that tonight and keep for later. Much prefer the normal rexes though. Childhood dreams come true and all. Tamed male/female 150 Theris as well. There’s many hours of my life I’lll never get back, wish I’d had kibble. Could have waited for the kibble rework but there is a 150 Basil on the map and I want that for her for the underwater caves, so I need the Theris for kibble, just need to go and get some Angler Gel. Zino stats ok, will do for gamma Dragon and the Tek Cave. Imprinted a Tappy and fed it a lot of new born Pteras for levelling so we can finally go and tame a quetz tonight. Also got the Sabers to the point where I’m happy for caves, just want a body colour to go with the bright blue head I got. So I had 25 female lined up all weekend with the one lucky male doing what he does best. About 150 young so far and not a mutated colour in sight. Think he’s deliberately taking his time..

Also got a nice BP for an Asc Thylo saddle, where was that when I was searching high and low on the PS4? Wasn’t going to tame thylos until we got to Rag but thought I’d have a quick scout of the Redwoods. Got half way over the river on my Argy and not one, but 3 Thylos jumped me at the same time. 2 attacking me and one trying to drown my argy. Managed to take then all out. One being a 145, but had no choice. As soon as I killed them a Kapro jumped me. Fun times so far. Another 2 thylos on the ground in the same place, so killed them as well, then spotted a 150 walking nearby. Thought it was time to leave and plan a tame for him later. As I was flying away another Thylo jumped been, and I was practically on the other side of the river. Never seen one jump so far. Repaired my armour..

• Like 1

Yesterday started off on Extinction, was mucking around the base and did a small trade with Salty, some of our boss theriz eggs for some of his boss rex eggs. Incubated the eggs and accidently let two hatch, male and female. I let em raise without prints for a breeding pair.

Hopped over to the island and did a metal run, hide run and a few mat runs crafted two of our rex saddle bps and transferred back to Ext to raise some rexs. Messed up the imprints and got 88% on each. While I was printing Saltire logged on and we had it in us to find a red drop or something. He was scouting while I was finisjing.up my imprints. Yellow osd? Vanished. 50k vein? Naw.. 10k vein? Eff that. We ended up going for the 50k vein

Went pretty well besides Saltire getting stuck on his giga, luckily he was able to cryo and redeploy it. We smashed it out, easier than I thought for just 2 gigas. Right after the node became harvestable I went to get one of the outter nodes.. kicked from the game, I was in water so I died. Saltire made a bed and i hoppdd back got my stuff. We got about 700 element .. jesus!

Filled up some tek gens around the map then hopped over to the island.

Edit: Had to jump off mid story, I always type these up at work on my smoke break, the boss came and gave me "the look" so had to go.

On the island I started mass farming poly and did a few ingot runs. Im saving up to make a new personal Extinction base, something nice looking and functional.. made another tek genny, teleport, cryobed and a few cryofridges for the Ext. Breeding base. Made up 75 stone foundations, 150 walls and 100 ceilings transferred all to Extinction. My original plan was to make a house way up in the extinction city skyscrappers but couldnt find a spot that was away from others and fit my criteria.. flew around for houuurs. Went to check desert biome for some spots and spotted a yellow OSD. Went back to main base grabbed two gigas and teleported to deswrt to hit the drop. Got there, threw out first giga and started it. Went smooth. I threw my 2nd giga out literally 1 second left on cryp clock and it came out KO'd.. i protected it best I could hoping for it to wake up (this is mid OSD) but a gaggle of spinos got onto it.. hitting over 600 dmg a hit!! It died. Didnt mourn my loss (was a 92% imrpinted giga) hopped off between waves and grabbed the saddle. Got a whole bunch of junk from the OSD, my giga died for 7 cryoballs and a journeyman chitin legs..

Went back home, did one more fly for a base spot and decided to sleep on it. Ill check tonight but not entirely sold on the idea anymore. We will see!

Edited by d1nk
  • Sad 3

1562275105_AlphaTitan.thumb.jpg.53d76a56f5be2b6f2e2b88dffc7be395.jpg

We finally took on and beat the Alpha King Titan bringing to an end the story of Ark. It was a great fight and moment and tough too. I have a 50k hp Mek I used and it was down to 200 hp at the end of the fight. 

We brought a large squad. Ice and Forest Titan, 7 Meks, Mega Mek, 4 Giga's (650+ melee), 6 Mana's. A few Giga's and Mana's died. I think 2 Meks died but at the end the King was dead and the final Ascension took place.

1801959481_AlphaArk.thumb.jpg.4bd6153881726f2c17311cf2f79e753e.jpg

So now it's on to the final phase of official Ark for me. I want to finish out my Argy line, sell my base off for tek structures to help out my friends who will be staying, and then move on to a great unofficial I found. Good people and fun events and a more relaxed atmosphere. It's a server going on for a year and half and already paid for another year. It's got every map (2 of Extinction and Rag) and it's got a sister PvP cluster. Great admins/moderators and it's actually ignited my passion for Ark again. 

Current Argy line;

4453 hp, 1600 st, 960 wt, 455 melee. I haven't begun to combine all of those yet but the 960 wt line is hatching level 345 with 4161 hp, 1560 st, 1005 oxy, 13000 food, 960 wt, and 431 melee. 

Until next time. 

• Like 6

Xbox - Unofficial Server - Island

Didnt get uo to much. Grabbed some eggs from the new rex breeders d1nk bred up from his trade yesterday. Hatched up a male and raised it up. Bred that with my blue female to get the colours in with the good new stats. Luckily got all the stats and the desired colours into a male out of the first batch of eggs. Also got one with my blue colour plus the new blue belly from the new line, keeping it for now but I am not totally sold on the pure blue

Did my usual metal run up blue ob and obsidian mountain. Went on a cemeting paste run in the hard swamp cave. Finished off the night by looking for a high level tapejara I spotted a few nights ago, but never saw it. Definatly going to be a trip to Extinction to find a high level male I need for breeding.

5 hours ago, d1nk said:

. I threw my 2nd giga out literally 1 second left on cryp clock and it came out KO'd.. i protected it best I could hoping for it to wake up (this is mid OSD) but a gaggle of spinos got onto it.. hitting over 600 dmg a hit!! It died. Didnt mourn my loss (was a 92% imrpinted giga) hopped off between waves and grabbed the saddle.

That explains the tribe log :( Was confused when I saw the giga had been killed by a corrupted raptor in the log and it didnt match up with your post before your edit. RIP.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Island unofficial PS4

Had a gamer friend try out ARK. Spawned into a lightly boosted server named OBLIVION. After the usual "Where are you?"  "I'm by a river. There are dinosaurs here." haha yeah. Oh to be so blissfully ignorant again.

Finally met up and started making the usual 2x2 thatch shack as our first base, killing Dodos and Dilos for meat and hide. Tamed a low lvl Parasaur with bolas and clubs. "ParasHilton" by then it was Late for us and we logged in our little beach shack.

It's amazing how much more fun that was when doing it with a friend.

• Like 2

Last night was a bit of a washout. I think I burnt myself out over the last week. I think I just let my Gigas and Rex mature for a few hrs, bred some of the Allos and readied some eggs for hatching. 

I may play a bit tonight but tomorrow will definitely be the main appearance for this week as I have a good supply of eggs to hatch... which should allow me to kill off some of the parents (I just hope the babies survive).

Currently breeding lines are:

Allos, Pteras, Tappys, Barys, Rexes (but only for adding colours to new stats), Yutys, Rhinos, Gigas, Argies, Troodons, Theris, Quetz's, Spinos, Monkeys and Sabers. Its amazing how I start something, then a few weeks later get distracted and then a few weeks later try coming back to it only to find out that I cant remember where I was.

I have decided that all my main dinos need to hatch a lvl 300+ and for some its a slow burner but we are already there with:

Pteras, Rexes, Thylas, Ankys, Argies and Bears.

Its going to be a long slog, and not all the work for the above has been mine as I play on a really good official server with a great community so we share stats etc but its an ambition that gives me something to do. I think the Allos and Yutys will stop at 250 but the others like the Gigas, Barys, Spinos and Tappys should all get to 275 without too much effort.

What is everyone else working on?

5 hours ago, Anarki said:

Last night was a bit of a washout. I think I burnt myself out over the last week. I think I just let my Gigas and Rex mature for a few hrs, bred some of the Allos and readied some eggs for hatching. 

I may play a bit tonight but tomorrow will definitely be the main appearance for this week as I have a good supply of eggs to hatch... which should allow me to kill off some of the parents (I just hope the babies survive).

Currently breeding lines are:

Allos, Pteras, Tappys, Barys, Rexes (but only for adding colours to new stats), Yutys, Rhinos, Gigas, Argies, Troodons, Theris, Quetz's, Spinos, Monkeys and Sabers. Its amazing how I start something, then a few weeks later get distracted and then a few weeks later try coming back to it only to find out that I cant remember where I was.

I have decided that all my main dinos need to hatch a lvl 300+ and for some its a slow burner but we are already there with:

Pteras, Rexes, Thylas, Ankys, Argies and Bears.

Its going to be a long slog, and not all the work for the above has been mine as I play on a really good official server with a great community so we share stats etc but its an ambition that gives me something to do. I think the Allos and Yutys will stop at 250 but the others like the Gigas, Barys, Spinos and Tappys should all get to 275 without too much effort.

What is everyone else working on?

I always feel the same after a looong weekend on Ark, burnt out. Log in and sit around not wanting to really start anythingn

Didnt do much yesterday, logged on a bit and did a metal run, made some more poly.. the usual. Did a swamp cave run for paste then logged off for a bit. When I got on later I did another routine swamp run.. got cocky and gangbanged by 3 artho and for whatevwr reason.. jumped off my mega and died. Spent the next hour running back in, dying and resetting my bag to try and retrieve it. After 3 deaths finally got it out, went back to base deposited the paste and logged

Island unofficial PvE PS4

Began upgrading base to a 2x3 wood shack with a fence to keep the darned Dilos away from ParasHilton. Farmed the items needed for a forge and a smithy. Upgraded to metal tools, a pike and leather armor. Unfortunately it seems most of the Dodos and Dilos we killed respawned as the cursed Ichtyornis. Damned seagulls.

KEEEE!  SKRAWW! munch munch munch

There goes my stack of cooked meat......

Grrrr...

They seriously need to get knocked out if they eat my whole stack of narcoberries.

Crafted about 20 trank arrows and Tried taming a level 10 trke wanderin the beach. Unfortunately it's nearby companion was lvl 120. One hit death haha.

When I eventually got them separated, I put all 20 arrows into it then had to resort to my club to chase it and knock it out as it ran away.

At one point it ran to the water and began swimming.

I was thinking "Seriously? After all that you are gonna ARK me and drown? or get eaten by a Shark or something?" Luckily it did a 180 and swam back to shore.

After a minute or so of chasing and flailing wildly with my club, I finally knocked it out! Right in front of the 120 trike.

So, after respawning and collecting my corpse I began taming "Trouble" He stood up at an unimpressive lvl 14! Haha He better not die before I can exact compensation for the trouble of taming him.

Edited by Rattasaur
7 hours ago, Anarki said:

Last night was a bit of a washout. I think I burnt myself out over the last week. 

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

I always feel the same after a looong weekend on Ark, burnt out. Log in and sit around not wanting to really start anything

Definatly in this phase at the moment.

I have however been working on my new rex and tapejara breeding projects the last few nights. Havent got far with the rexs, still trying to successfully combine the new stats with my nice colours.

Spent the last few nights also hunting tapejara on Extinction looking for a nice high level male to go with the female I already have. No luck yet, had an unsuccesful taming attempt with a 135 male. Killed a lot of tapejara but nothing yet. Shall probably be on the hunt tonight.

• Like 1

The center small tribes 

Pretty terrible last few nights on ark to tell the truth. I've been mostly playing solo lately as my wife is taking an hiatus which is fair enough, this game is very draining. So couple nights ago I went cross server raiding for the first time on my lonely without support. Chose a rag server because that's where the rich people live. Blew into the first base and was rewarded with over a thousand cp, bout 500 Pearl's and a bunch of weapons, ammo and bp's. Awesome. Should have quit there. Found a base not too far from this one (in the red woods just up from the beaver dams near the cliff to the desert). Looked at the owner "on 24/7" whatever I thought may as well, bit of pvp be fun. I blew in the front door as old mate glides out on his pteranadon. An air battle between myself on an argy and him on a ptera ensues. We both nearly picked eachother multiple times. He finally landed I assume out of stam and instead of pursuing I chose to try and get away to save the loot I had as it would really help me rebuild. He had none of this, chased me down and ended up winning the picking battle. I again for the first time ever did not bring parachutes. I found my body but he already lured my argy away to kill it. Tried to sneak into their base but someone else came on and I ended up dying again. Logged for the night.

I farmed and tamed for the next couple nights but tonight had to raid. We had nearly blown our way into a really nice juicy looking base when my argy decided to stand in a rock and ignore whistles. Wife tried to pick and drop me up there but it was a difficult angle. Suddenly the argie decided to fly up and into the turrets of the enemy. No worries we thought we will just have to craft another grapple. Unfortunately the second argi was on follow from an earlier lagging debacle and when I went for cementing paste it was killed by homicidal beavers. Now flash forward to now and we are stranded in our base with birds but not enough chitin to craft the saddles. Knocked out three quick tame level 20 pteranadons but first was killed by compies while I was off murdering turtles for their skin, second was accidentally picked to death by me while I killed the dilo attacking it and the third was plagued by one of those itchy birds so I murdered it out of frustration. Got to the point where it was a few hours before I had to wake up for work so hid my meager belongings under water and logged for the night. 

• Like 2