Jump to content

  • Community Crunch 292: New Sponsored Mod, Community Corner, and More!

    We're still winding down from an amazing ExtraLife fundraising event and preparing for an exciting end of the year for ARK content.  In case you missed our 24-hour ExtraLife stream, we announced the free DLC map Lost Island is coming to all platforms December 14th!  In addition to Lost Island, we're still preparing for the community events you have come to know and love.

    Check out all the new content we're working on:

     


     

    evo.png

    Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

    There will be no EVO event this week.

     


    sponsoredmodupdate.png

    maxresdefault.jpg

    We would like to present a new sponsored mod project for players (and mod authors) to consider!

    The ARK Sponsored mod program has entered into its winter break period, but is planned to resume accepting applications on January 1st 2022. Once applications open again you may submit your projects at https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/modding/apply-for-sponsorship/.

    newsponsored.png

    ARK Nucleus
    large.Nucleus_1920x1080.png

    ARK Nucleus is less about adding new content to ARK and more about making the content from your favorite mods more user friendly.
    You'll find features for mods such as searchable registries of creatures and items, additional localization tools, and custom server UI support to add that extra splash of personality for your personal server.

    Check out ARK Nucleus


    communitycorner.png

    clipsvideos.png

    Creator: Finn Reinhardt

    Take a look at this fun video by Fin showing what ARK could look like in real life

     

    fanart_2.png

     

    DodoRex by supercanada

    deu00rk-ebb8453e-85de-4695-9d49-9097e4f00cdf.jpg

    Inktober 2021 - 24- Extinct by Whitesekhmet

    inktober_2021___24__extinct_by_whitesekhmet_detbq5f-fullview.jpg

    Nyctoraptor ARK Mod Concept by Davesrightmind

    nyctoraptor_by_davesrightmind_detys5q-fullview.jpg

    Yuturannus Blizzard by Firefly

    download (5).jpg

    Dodoraptor 2021 by Robinson Vronti

    download (6).jpg

    Rockwell and Helena by ArtofEliza

    download (7).jpg

    Trick or Treating by Kravenfoxy

    download (8).jpg

     

    screen.png

    Tali_Whacker_64#3535

    F038CA24-6103-4555-BC70-F8127D10B4C3 copy.jpg

    30ae8f9b82b3b893f65e2a768e35f3c3af1ff45f.png

    @Alaila83947019

    FDH-7jGXMAECK5P.jpg

    Have a great weekend!
    Studio Wildcard

    Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
    Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
    Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
    Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
    Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
    Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
    Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
    Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

     

     

     

     

     

     

     




    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    I'd expected a mention of the Turkey Trials, since that event should be coming soon...

    • Like 2

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    The art work people are submitting is awesome. I really look forward to the community crunch mostly for the artwork now 

    • Like 2

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    This is asking for quite a lot, but once the submissions have ended, could we get official artwork of all 10 creatures, as well as a few of the creature's ingame abilities, just so we know what we're voting for? Abilities and design can make or break a creature, and I saw a lot of people upset about the Dinopithecus's lack of weapon wielding, so knowing what the creatures have beforehand would be really nice.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    18 minutes ago, Cyberra said:

    I'd expected a mention of the Turkey Trials, since that event should be coming soon...

    I'm sure they'll address it next week. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 minute ago, Joedeadpool said:

    Useless info useless weekend useless devs 

    Didn't we just get a load of info during the ExtraLife stream? You're getting a bit too greedy.

    • Thanks 3
    • Facepalm 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Did you mean Fjordur? booo ignore me. dyslexia's a pita xD

    Totally hyped for the new things. Thanks guys!!

    Edited by JessHawke
    I can read, I swear >_>
    • Haha 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    DILO is with no EVO's, I get during an event, but seriously, why aren't there any out of events right now?!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    aye we can clone space monsters and fly jet packs but still cant use ultra sound ...:(

    Edited by kinomar
    spelling
    • Like 1
    • Thanks 2

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Hey wildcard I was wondering if the top 10 creature submissions for fjordur will be coming a week from the post so next Monday or next community crunch next Friday.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Given the fact that ark 2 is (theoretically) right around the corner I'm curious as to whether Fjordur will see its addition to the official maps in ark 1 or be added as the first map to the sequel should said sequel follow the original formula. Either way I really hope that wildcard doesn't do what it's been deadset on doing in the past and gutting content. The fenrir is still a work in progress and its creator says that it's addition isn't guaranteed so that could go either way, but I'm sick onto death of having rock drakes cut from maps designed to have them.

    • Confused 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    8 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

    Given the fact that ark 2 is (theoretically) right around the corner I'm curious as to whether Fjordur will see its addition to the official maps in ark 1 or be added as the first map to the sequel should said sequel follow the original formula. Either way I really hope that wildcard doesn't do what it's been deadset on doing in the past and gutting content. The fenrir is still a work in progress and its creator says that it's addition isn't guaranteed so that could go either way, but I'm sick onto death of having rock drakes cut from maps designed to have them.

    It will be coming to Ark 1 not Ark 2.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Ive been thinking about this: UpFromTheDepths suggested the dinopithicus could have a bandolier to hold grenades in, from there it could throw grenades. instead, it eats grenades, poops them out, then throws them. why is this? Ive realised, the bandolier would be a saddle, they never wanted to put a saddle on the dinopithicus because then, the saddle would determine the damage each grenade does. does this mean that, either 1. the dinopithicus's melee determines the grenades damage. 2. the grenades will always do a set amount of damage which just makes the... no wait then this would be an extra step making this redundant so... My guess is the dinopithicus is a way to get more damage out of your grenades with out having to make the worlds most expensive tropeo saddle.

    • Haha 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    The artwork is cool and all, but I would really like to see if some stuff is being worked on.  What bugs are being looked into?  What QOL conditions are being considered (the QOL catalog is outdated IMO)?  Just a short list of things that would be nice to see since Ark 2 isn’t coming out until 2023 ( should be longer IMO):

    Some sort of device to read live birth creatures.

    A fix to troughs showing ranges on log ins when they are on hide range setting 

    Allow HLNA to be utilized on other maps or an improved spyglass

    The ability to transfer boss trophies and flags to other maps (but maybe make it so they are display only)

    Allow the transfer of element or shards in PvE

    The ability to start boss fights from transmitter 

    Investigate why Gen 2 servers are crashing during events across platforms(it happened during summer bash, fear evolved and a lot people got shafted on the extra life event)

    Last but not least, fix the hover skiff tractor beam so it’s not so derpy

    Other than that looking forward to Turkey Trials and hoping the servers are somewhat stable and playable.

    • Like 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    21 minutes ago, ccz2887 said:

    The artwork is cool and all, but I would really like to see if some stuff is being worked on.  What bugs are being looked into?  What QOL conditions are being considered (the QOL catalog is outdated IMO)?  Just a short list of things that would be nice to see since Ark 2 isn’t coming out until 2023 ( should be longer IMO):

    Some sort of device to read live birth creatures.

    A fix to troughs showing ranges on log ins when they are on hide range setting 

    Allow HLNA to be utilized on other maps or an improved spyglass

    The ability to transfer boss trophies and flags to other maps (but maybe make it so they are display only)

    Allow the transfer of element or shards in PvE

    The ability to start boss fights from transmitter 

    Investigate why Gen 2 servers are crashing during events across platforms(it happened during summer bash, fear evolved and a lot people got shafted on the extra life event)

    Last but not least, fix the hover skiff tractor beam so it’s not so derpy

    Other than that looking forward to Turkey Trials and hoping the servers are somewhat stable and playable.

    Would you like them to forward their meeting schedules for this week and plans for lunch as well?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    11 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

    Would you like them to forward their meeting schedules for this week and plans for lunch as well?

    Ya know that was a little uncalled for, did I say that?  No.  Are those things I listed things that many have talked about in servers?  Yes!  Where in anything what I posted is justified to receive a response like that?  The point I was trying to make was that the communication out of WC needs to be much better than it is.  How many other people on this forum gripe and complain and hardly get a look at and I get that kind of response?  When I’m just throwing up some things that MAYBE might be a good thing to come to the game that others have expressed as well, in a place where I know WC will see it!  I come here for the same reason everyone else does, information about the game, events and what might be to come.  Not to get a sarcastic, simple minded response that does nothing to intellectually advance constructive discussion from a volunteer moderator on a forum that I had thought was the sole purpose therein, to talk about the game we all love??  Introduce ideas?  Express concerns?  If there was something else bothering you fine, we all have those days but there’s no need to take it out on anyone unprovoked.  The times I have come here and laid out my frustrations has not been towards anyone EXCEPT WILDCARD!  If it’s about the complaints here about the game then my only answer is, maybe those enabling WC to produce mediocre should stop.  Maybe it’s time WE ALL hold WC to a higher standard in which we all know they are capable of.

     

    To Joebl0w13:  I would greatly appreciate it if you refrain from unprovoked responses like that,  I didn’t attack you, don’t attack me.  Thank you.

    • Thanks 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, ccz2887 said:

    Ya know that was a little uncalled for, did I say that?  No.  Are those things I listed things that many have talked about in servers?  Yes!  Where in anything what I posted is justified to receive a response like that?  The point I was trying to make was that the communication out of WC needs to be much better than it is.  How many other people on this forum gripe and complain and hardly get a look at and I get that kind of response?  When I’m just throwing up some things that MAYBE might be a good thing to come to the game that others have expressed as well, in a place where I know WC will see it!  I come here for the same reason everyone else does, information about the game, events and what might be to come.  Not to get a sarcastic, simple minded response that does nothing to intellectually advance constructive discussion from a volunteer moderator on a forum that I had thought was the sole purpose therein, to talk about the game we all love??  Introduce ideas?  Express concerns?  If there was something else bothering you fine, we all have those days but there’s no need to take it out on anyone unprovoked.  The times I have come here and laid out my frustrations has not been towards anyone EXCEPT WILDCARD!  If it’s about the complaints here about the game then my only answer is, maybe those enabling WC to produce mediocre should stop.  Maybe it’s time WE ALL hold WC to a higher standard in which we all know they are capable of.

     

    To Joebl0w13:  I would greatly appreciate it if you refrain from unprovoked responses like that,  I didn’t attack you, don’t attack me.  Thank you.

    People have been complaining about WildCards 'communication' for 6 years. It's a video game. They communicate everything the player needs to know to play it.

    Edited by Joebl0w13

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 11/12/2021 at 8:05 PM, AnkyWithNoBrim said:

    This is asking for quite a lot, but once the submissions have ended, could we get official artwork of all 10 creatures, as well as a few of the creature's ingame abilities, just so we know what we're voting for? Abilities and design can make or break a creature, and I saw a lot of people upset about the Dinopithecus's lack of weapon wielding, so knowing what the creatures have beforehand would be really nice.

    Yea man, you’re right 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    People arguin about this and that, what WildCard should do and doesnt is done yet... Yeah its too much to aASK to WildCard... you are asking to a "small" company to compare to "Huge" companies... i really doesnt expect anything else well done from WildCard, they promises stuff and never they make their promises done... thats why i started to play other games and just come to my servers when i need to refresh... why? Bc the game and devs arent so devoted to the game as a long time ago... they only sellect the "Good Vibes" messages and never give a "thing" to the people that is asking the real stuff been done from a long time ago... they released a non finished game since BETA, for me... FOR ME... its still BETA and tehy make money for new players when they BUY the full game. Im not interested any more in this game neither in trust in this company since more than 6 years playing or so... (i really lost time of playing this game). Old gamers always have the REAL view of the game, not the newies... bc the newbies have the latest view and ii SEEMS to be awesome, cool and whatever... Old Gamers in this game knows better the HISTORY of this game, and really we doesnt have the support that we deserves...

     

    Thank you very much for your reading... but no... we cant do anything to have what we deserves... just excuses...

     

    Good Luck...

     

    Have fun... with other games... of course.

    Edited by BlackScarlatta

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    16 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

    People have been complaining about WildCards 'communication' for 6 years. It's a video game. They communicate everything the player needs to know to play it.

     

    This is honest. So that everyone can read it, it should be included in the header of the forum and as an introduction to the rules.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 11/15/2021 at 4:15 AM, ccz2887 said:

    The artwork is cool and all, but I would really like to see if some stuff is being worked on.  What bugs are being looked into?  What QOL conditions are being considered (the QOL catalog is outdated IMO)?  Just a short list of things that would be nice to see since Ark 2 isn’t coming out until 2023 ( should be longer IMO):

    Some sort of device to read live birth creatures.

    A fix to troughs showing ranges on log ins when they are on hide range setting 

    Allow HLNA to be utilized on other maps or an improved spyglass

    The ability to transfer boss trophies and flags to other maps (but maybe make it so they are display only)

    Allow the transfer of element or shards in PvE

    The ability to start boss fights from transmitter 

    Investigate why Gen 2 servers are crashing during events across platforms(it happened during summer bash, fear evolved and a lot people got shafted on the extra life event)

    Last but not least, fix the hover skiff tractor beam so it’s not so derpy

    Other than that looking forward to Turkey Trials and hoping the servers are somewhat stable and playable.

    there are a few things I would like to point out aswell for us PVE players who want to breed mutations cannot kill the dinos we have to sacrifise them to other creatures or wait for them to starve to death but if we toggle PVP setting we can easily kill them and get the xp but then we have to wait for criosickness if we picked them up to compare stats I know the egg icibator allows us to destroy the eggs but we can't don't the xp from that so atleast let there be a setting where we can still hurt unclaimed dinos for PVE or atleast let the destroy egg option give you xp and all the tames around you.

    Edited by TekGrizz

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...