ASA Cross-Platform Console Premium Mod Launch!

ASA Cross-Platform Console Premium Mod Launch!.png

Download & play new Premium content created by players, including maps, creatures, items, and game modes, now on Xbox and Windows! With nine brand-new mods, ARK: Survival Ascended becomes the first game to bring professionally created Premium Mods to consoles!

These mods, crafted by game studios and talented community modders, add game-changing content like new game modes and expansive maps. With hundreds of development hours poured in, Premium Mods promise high-quality and regular updates to enhance your ARK experience.

PlayStation users, look forward to accessing these Premium Mods later this month

This video features:

Enclave.png

Enclave Survival Skyward.jpg

A once thriving civilization now lies in toxic ruins. The few survivors have sought refuge in the heights of abandoned buildings, far above the lethal gas and savage beasts. But the heights have their own dangers…

Enclave: Survival Skyward (ESS) brings a new aspect to ARK - the skies! The jungle is fuller than ever with dangerous animals and treasure, and bases are now built in tall reclaimed skyscrapers. Explore and climb these towers, build a strong base, and travel to other towers using risky ziplines or even parachute down from above!

ESS brings a greater degree of verticality than ever before. Now, battles and treasures are not just around you, but also above and below. Gather your team, create a sky castle, and protect it from everyone.

Forglar Premium by Snowytrain.png

Forglar.png

Forglar is a new Fantasy map with a lot of new adventures. Currently, the map is still in progress, but it is fully playable. It is 68% completed. (at 17/11/2024, the map will reach 100% completion.)

GAIA Potions Plus by GaiaDanny.png

GAIA.jpg

Unlock a world of personalized alchemy with 52+ consumable potions, all customizable through our in-game admin-settings UI found in the structure radial wheel of the Gaia: Potions Cauldron. This unique feature allows you to tailor every aspect of your potions - effects, durations, strength, speed, and more, to perfectly match your playstyle.

Reverence by Kelthezuad.png

reverence.png

Reverence contains towering mountain peaks. Lush plains. Thick jungles and ruins of the old world that remain dotted on the landscape. Potentially even filled with spoils to be had. This Island was left behind, abandoned. With those ruins, caves, Caverns even there is much for you to explore. Above, and below. Now with what knowledge lies before you. Your treasures await, Survivor.

Survive The Night by Blue Isle Studios.png

STN.JPG

ARK: Survive The Night transforms the ARK gameplay you know and love into a thrilling and terrifying zombie horde survival experience.

Welcome to the Obsidian Isle; a dark and hostile world where survivors are thrust into a relentless battle for survival against hordes of horrific, zombie dinosaurs. Whether joining forces with others or braving the challenges alone, players must scavenge for resources, build fortifications and craft an arsenal of weapons and supplies to withstand the zombie threat.

Ark Omega Ascended.png

ARKOmega_miniboss.jpg

Ark Omega Ascended is a mod like no other, providing procedural edits to creatures, players, items, and more. Well over 1000 versions of every creature exist in this mod, with abilities that range from being able to create black holes that pull in enemies to being able to create a protective bubble that redirects all incoming damage done to allies directly to the spell caster / tank.

GGSkyislands.png

SkyIslands.png

GG SkyIslands Premium Mod offers floating island to use as base of operations. The SkyIslands are themed for different environments and scenic to add an immersive and natural feeling to it's existence. SkyIslands come in various sizes up to Epic variety and with multiple biomes. With each new DLC release multiple new SkyIslands or will be added inspired from the new DLC map.

Svartalfheim by Nekatus.png

Svartalfheim.jpg

Svartalfheim is a dwarven inspired map for ARK developed by Nekatus, the maker of Valguero and Fjordur. 33km² landscape full of mysteries, new enemys like Dwarven Warriors, new Alpha dino variants with a more and better loot. This is a no fly map. Flyers don't even spawn.

Anomalocaris by Garuga123.png

Anomalocaris.jpg

Within the shallows and depths of ARK's Ocean's, Anomalocaris lay in wait for their prey. A master of different hunting tactics, Anomalo utilize many strategies for attacking and debilitating their prey! Whether it's Venom, Mimicry, or Parasitic attacks, Anomalocaris will surely dispose of its' victims with ease! I wonder if there's a way to blend in and approach them?... Tamed Anomalo can invest experience into different hunting tactics. Doing so will boost the nature of these specialties, giving awesome perks and bonuses with higher investment. Increasing any of these perks to their max potential is sure to result in a truly amazing aquatic tame!

View full article

1 hour ago, ilias said:

Most of the Premium mods are too expensive!

I cannot afford 10€ for each mod.

And most of them are incomplete!

If they were up to 2-3€ I would definitely played them!

This is true, but you also have to think about the time they put into making them and the commitment, then I think that if you pay for a mod I think that in the future you can get optimizations if it is incomplete, a sort of investment.

• Facepalm 2

Posted (edited)

Usually, I play a mod for 2-3 weeks, and then I move to the next one.
At least this is what I was doing in ASE.
I can't spend 20€ per month, just to play a game.

From the author's perspective, I think that they would have way more downloads, if the price were lower! So, their profit would be the same, if not more.

Edited by ilias

1 hour ago, ilias said:

From the author's perspective, I think that they would have way more downloads, if the price were lower! So, their profit would be the same, if not more.

I have to agree with you for this, if you want advice if it pays for the mods you would use all the time or more time than 3 weeks, if not you go bankrupt

I don't know about you guys,but it seems to me like ark is drifting away from its original game with all these mods and stuff to the point where im thinking..this is not the ark i fell in love with 7 years ago...don't get me wrong i still love the game but WC should be focusing on fixing bugs and getting the other maps out quicker.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I won't be buying any premium mods, premium maps, and I will not be allowing premium content on my servers because: 

1. Wildcard is prioritizing monetization of ARK:SA over stability, reliability, bugfixing, and performance fixes for both server-side and client-side.
  2. There is no native Linux binary for the server daemon as there was with Evolved.
  3. Relevant logging is nonexistent for server admins, so it's nearly impossible to fix problems that prevent the server from starting or figuring out why it's crashing.
  4. The mod authors are not getting 100% of the proceeds from the sale of the mods. Wildcard should not be taking a cut and they should be compensating Curse out of their own pockets for mod hosting. 

In the extremely unlikely event that Wildcard gets their act together and corrects these problems, I'll consider revisiting the idea of paying for premium mods. Until then, there are plenty of free mods out there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, ilias said:

They don't get the full amount that is charged for a premium mod. Overwolf has to have their cut and I am sure WC will take theirs as well.

I'd only consider Nekatus' premium map because I'm somewhat familiar with him and his work, and he's not even front-loaded on this announcement. The rest, to include Tall Tales, aren't very interesting to me (no name creators, incomplete projects with promises to complete [where the base game's already incomplete and with no apparent prioritization to squash bugs]). I check in from time to time to see what's new but after months of playing the Island, and then trying to make Scorched Earth's over abundant storms interesting, I moved on to Starfield and projects around the house. When the Center launches I plan to return (assuming the game doesn't crash five minutes in) but I'm already of the mindset that'll be delayed. Sooo... that being said I'm 100% sure the developers are doing the best they can with some jerk in management looking more at the numbers than the people that make everything happen. Rant complete.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Brettskii said:

Im liking where this is going! I really love all these modders coming to ark! I dont see that in the big games anywhere else.

...deep breath

prepare for a STICKY situation...

A battle pass that lets you have access to the premium mods or get them at a discounted rate would be the obvious next best step! I like how the eso premium works where you get access to all teh dlc while its active instead of buying them at full price. Once you play and fall in love with the dlc you of course buy it(no brainer) and you have a little bonus points for buying the content so you dont feel like you get it all with the battle pass. Bonus points could accumulate into various deals and discounts, or maybe some in game stuff.

we are still waiting for that in game rmt store / auction house! Who knows, maybe the sun will come out tomorrow.

Yeah, I don't think that's going to work at all.