Community Crunch 400: Cross-Platform Mod Spotlights, Boosted Rates, and More!

What on earth did you do to female characters?? The new proportions are horrendous! I used the scissors to try to make my character look like an actual female to absolutely no avail. After over an hour of working on it I gave up and haven’t even bothered logging back in. It’s disgusting.   

whoever signed off on this change is not someone who appreciates actual females. Why was there even effort put into this? A change that was completely unnecessary and caused way more harm than good. I’m out till you change it back ✌🏽

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

The PS4 would catch fire trying to play this game. 

Now Joe you leave my poor jet engine noise simulator of a console alone. Sure it sounds like I’m standing on the tarmac at take off when I let it run literally anything for five minutes without dusting it out and chanting in binary to appease its machine spirit for an hour first but by god it’s trying

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Now Joe you leave my poor jet engine noise simulator of a console alone. Sure it sounds like I’m standing on the tarmac at take off when I let it run literally anything for five minutes without dusting it out and chanting in binary to appease its machine spirit for an hour first but by god it’s trying

Don't make it sound worse than it is, when the room is getting vacuum cleaned you hardly notice my Pro. Only while watching fertilised eggs our local airport is getting complaints about the noise.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/9/2024 at 10:30 PM, MeepDaBunny said:

Over 11k hours in ARK. I played 28 maps. And yet, no depth, no height, no width and no length can describe the metric, cubic sheer amount of disappointment that comes with each new Crunch. 

Why not start showcasing ASE Maps and Mods at this point? You might get some interest there. Well, the community members anyway. ASE announcements about old maps being reworked gives me better vibes than nothing on SE or The Center or whatever you guys decide to NOT show off this week.

I would more like to see events to be fixed in PC versions of ASE :V

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, davetherave said:

But you do? It can't be doing very well if you spend your time being a moderator on here,they are not going to offer you a job

I spend time here, as I have for the last almost 9 years, for fun. I’m not looking to work at another software company. I am the director of a large IT department and own my own S Corp.  

Hi, I wont say nobody cares but the people who are saying it are not wrong. that being said. I understand managing a Company is rough. but there is a simple solution in my opinion. ( I Know who TF am I? ) STOP WASTING TIME PUTTING EVENTS TOGETHER. No one NEEDS or NEEDED a Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines or any other Dumb, Time Wasting Events you guys are trying to think up. ALL WE WANT IS MAPS. This Two year road map for a game already late in its release late is ridiculous as is, and then to not be able to commit to these time frames furthers the impression of Zero Team Management or Accountability. I think most of us feel ripped off from the delivered overall quality of the game and its lacking state. Furthermore Nobody Cares About SOTF that was more development time wasted that should have been allocated towards the development of Map Content. Thanks for your time and the Major let down you Have Provided. I'm not Gone forever But I'm certainly gone for now.

On 3/12/2024 at 7:11 AM, YodaBonZelda421 said:

What on earth did you do to female characters?? The new proportions are horrendous! I used the scissors to try to make my character look like an actual female to absolutely no avail. After over an hour of working on it I gave up and haven’t even bothered logging back in. It’s disgusting.   

whoever signed off on this change is not someone who appreciates actual females. Why was there even effort put into this? A change that was completely unnecessary and caused way more harm than good. I’m out till you change it back ✌🏽

^^ This right here, can someone tell us WHY the changes to female character were necessary?

On 3/9/2024 at 3:29 PM, onemoetime said:

No duh. But there are people that work for this company who produce the game and apply the fixes. The problem is that they put half ass effort into an unfinished game that they released. Not to mention the NUMEROUS promises that were 87% all broken. 

Let's get back to the days where developers tested and released a game that was actually finished. But it's an obvious money grab when you copy paste code into a new engine.

it was only finished back then because you couldnt do updates

all those finished games had multiple bugs

15 hours ago, HoganRyan01 said:

it was only finished back then because you couldnt do updates

all those finished games had multiple bugs

This is BS. Some of those games had indeed a few bugs but nothing gamebreaking, most were just finished and tested.
Also, updates were possible on PC or homecomputer.
Sega Megadrive/Genesis or Nintendo were indeed not patchable but I've never seen a bug in those.