I am Jack's Disappointment

CptYarrr

I have played Ark, a great many years. But, about 4 years ago, I called it quits when I found out PlayStation would not be getting Ark 2. But when Sony game store shoved ASA in my face for a crazy low discount, comparatively to any “normal game price”, I gave in. I bought it, loaded it up and dived in. And to be completely honest, I wish I could get my 30 bucks back. I mean, the unreal 5 graphics are amazing. But when I left Ark, I never once thought that the game could get any worse. Holy balls was I wrong. I thoroughly enjoy solo play. But in today’s Ark, it’s simply trash. The charges to cryo usage are profoundly absurd, and what’s worse, neither pod nor fridge tell you you need a powered fridge nearby to use an expel a pod. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Cave drops are significantly worse. Some of the most used building structures are simply gone. You can’t put cryofridges on boats so rip boat houses. The quetzal as well as other Dinos have been rendered 90% obsolete. And you can’t put turrets on platforms anymore!? You get killed by antimesh in the air in several places. And these are the things I have noticed. I’m sure there are plenty more. But, wildcard will always chose money over player happiness. Cuz some things never change. 

18 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

Oh god, I just time travelled to 2017.

^Thats probably the biggest problem with ASA.

It's hard to feel like the franchise is being pushed forward when these bugs from basically the games inception are still around.

We'll see if Scorched can buck the trend but I wouldn't bet my tek rifle on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Hello I submitted a ticket and the reason for it is that my character is stuck on the cloud, my level is 131i have completed all the bosses in alpha I have ascended also I've located all the explorer notes. I have over 1200 hours played I have all the PlayStation 5 trophies. This is the second ticket I made and I got told they couldn't help me. Back in Ark Survival Evolved they would send an arkiteck and he would help you with the character. What happened with that? I need a solution also I have bought the Bob's Tale pack and I haven't enjoyed it because my character is lost in the cloud  this is so frustrating.

I cant believe that most of you paid for this same game as ten years ago. Its just incompetence thats keeping WildCard going as the promote it throughout the dev team.

All ASA is is just ark with a lil bit better graphics with crossplay and mods the same bugs are here also the same meshes! Also one of the first dupe glitches ever is back LMAO!

They also have the balls to try and sell people a mofo paid DLC (if you guys are desperate for money just admit it dont try and rip people off!) Which is the same price almost as a full game.

Where tf is ark 2 that was promised 2 years ago???

Rant over!

Theres dedicated single player for that of all these 999999999 servers all of them but a dozen have 0 players permanently its just dumb

15 minutes ago, VampirisNocturn said:

coz most ppl dont want to play on 1x servers or boosted smalls they want boosted normal servers with mods they want and all the added bonuses of shop stores etc

On 4/9/2024 at 9:18 AM, WCpromoteslaziness said:

What is with you all wanting to make your own unofficial server theres like 999999999 servers with 300 people max across them all DILO is the point??????

None of your business, that's why.

People want private servers because people want private servers, that's all you need to know.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2024 at 7:11 AM, WCpromoteslaziness said:

I cant believe that most of you paid for this same game as ten years ago. Its just incompetence thats keeping WildCard going as the promote it throughout the dev team.

All ASA is is just ark with a lil bit better graphics with crossplay and mods the same bugs are here also the same meshes! Also one of the first dupe glitches ever is back LMAO!

They also have the balls to try and sell people a mofo paid DLC (if you guys are desperate for money just admit it dont try and rip people off!) Which is the same price almost as a full game.

Where tf is ark 2 that was promised 2 years ago???

Rant over!

ASA was always advertised as just ark with a graphical, UI, and QOL update. Being surprised that it is, in fact, what it was advertised to be is a strange complaint.  That is like buying flavored bottled water and complaining it's just water with flavoring. 

Nothing wrong with paid DLC. Workers don't work for free and businesses aren't a charity. They need to show a profit.  Takes money and time in manhours to update all the maps, much less create new content. No one is ripping you off. Bob's Tall Tales amounts to roughly 10 dollars per expansion, which you don't need to buy.  The additions made are pretty good for only 10 dollars. 

As for ARK 2, a lot of people didn't care about it as it was advertised as "not ark as you know it." People wanted ARK, not ArkSouls. 

Edited by Zeldei

5 hours ago, Zeldei said:

ASA was always advertised as just ark with a graphical, UI, and QOL update. Being surprised that it is, in fact, what it was advertised to be is a strange complaint.  That is like buying flavored bottled water and complaining it's just water with flavoring. 

Nothing wrong with paid DLC. Workers don't work for free and businesses aren't a charity. They need to show a profit.  Takes money and time in manhours to update all the maps, much less create new content. No one is ripping you off. Bob's Tall Tales amounts to roughly 10 dollars per expansion, which you don't need to buy.  The additions made are pretty good for only 10 dollars. 

As for ARK 2, a lot of people didn't care about it as it was advertised as "not ark as you know it." People wanted ARK, not ArkSouls. 

Then why not just sell the SE BTT for 10 bucks. Why package it with content for maps that in all likelihood wont be coming until 2025. It's a scummy predatory practice.

8 hours ago, Zeldei said:

Atlas isn't A studio wildcard product. 

Atlas is from the same publisher, and it's the publisher making the poor financial decisions that got us here to begin with.

I was really excited for Bellwright until I noticed it's also published by Snail, so it's going to be put into maintenance mode the instant it launches, just like Atlas.

4 hours ago, Scheneighnay said:

Atlas is from the same publisher, and it's the publisher making the poor financial decisions that got us here to begin with.

I was really excited for Bellwright until I noticed it's also published by Snail, so it's going to be put into maintenance mode the instant it launches, just like Atlas.

Thats correct. 

The only reason ATLAS survived that long is due to a few very persistent serverowners who actually cared about solving issues.

Oh, just a sidenote, its fun to see alot of the same names from employees flying from ASE to ATLAS and now working on ASA.

Prepare for way more ways they going to make money. WildCard/Snail seen how it went the past 7 years for serverowners and this time they going full throttle.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Zeldei said:

Atlas isn't A studio wildcard product.

While that's technically true it misses the point that you're replying too.

1) Atlas was created from the ARK codebase & game engine, which was created by WC.

2) Atlas is owned and published by Snail, but Snail & WC are really one company. On paper they're two different entities but in reality they're one company. No matter what they say on paper, the truth is that WC = Snail.

3) Atlas was heavily cross-promoted by WildCard when it was new. For a long time many people believed it was a WC game, which is why they played it in the first place.

4) No matter who owns which game, and no matter who owns which company, his point is still true.

"The treasure map system was taken from Atlas" - that's a true statement regardless of whether Atlas is a WC product or not.