Community Crunch 392: Development Update, Cross-Platform Mod Spotlight, and More!

StudioWildcard

9 hours ago, Tonarinookami said:

Everyone complaining about not getting the Shastasaurus with the Center please remember that they did say they are having problems getting the saddle everyone is wanting for it to work correctly.  I can't remember when they said it, I want to say right before ASA came out or around that time, but they did mention they are working on it and was having problems. 

Yes we can ask but don't get upset about it or start yelling at the overworked devs.

If they knew they needed  more time to get that saddle working, why the F did they push the release of that map instead of sticking to the announced scedule? The whole voting thing never appeared to me as a good idea but if they can't even give people what was voted for it is all just baked air.
Don't want to be a partypooper but it seems to me they are pushing things way too much with too many unsolved issues.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

The unusual trend is the player base is slowly declining while the number of servers is increasing. I'm not sure it's safe to make too many assumptions about ASE since we don't have any numbers on consoles other than those released from Snail's SEC filings. Those simply show more console players than PC (ASE), which makes sense as that's a global trend for the entire industry. I'm always taken aback by the fact that mobile is eclipsing all other platforms (more than 50% and growing). Who are these people? 

well for ASE numbers.. how many official server were for each console vendor and how many on PC? IIRC PC version had far more. Even if on PC unofficial had Steam workshop mods.

• Volunteer Moderator
21 minutes ago, darkradeon said:

well for ASE numbers.. how many official server were for each console vendor and how many on PC? IIRC PC version had far more. Even if on PC unofficial had Steam workshop mods.

That’s the problem. There were no public numbers available for console servers for ASE. Anybody making claims is guessing. 

The downside of the whole team working on bugs, exploits and new content is that nobody takes care of interpersonal issues. There are toxic people on many servers. Soliciting for personal information, offensive language, publishing other people's emails, hacking into their emails etc.

I understand why they go after performance and bugs first. But it is often no fun to play on official server when you see the endless tapestry of spam, false accusations and personal attacks. I wonder whether the server transfers will make this better or worse. I really wish they would have implemented an ignore list for global chat by now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/12/2024 at 9:21 PM, TheTwistedKeeper said:

I get not wanting to rasie baby dinos without maewings & that's from someone who plays solo. But It's still bull, if they can change this one they can change the rest, and tha doesn't exactly make me wanna vote on anymore from here on out. If not having maewings or something like them was such a problem they could've released Ragnarok before The Center, then they wouldn't have needed to change anything.

Don't vote then... Sometimes things need to be switched up. You will still get your Dino you voted for. 

9 minutes ago, Gsage77 said:

Don't vote then... Sometimes things need to be switched up. You will still get your Dino you voted for. 

You are missing the point: We were offered a saying in the future of the game by voting specific creatures for specific maps. People designed these dino's to fit in that one map. What is happening now is making as much sense as giving a basilo-like creature as the new dino for Scorched Earth.
Giving this creature on another map is just a vote wasted and votes were what all the hype to ASA was buil on.

Tl;dr: The current situation is WC doing a "We here you" while giving the finger simultaniously.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KarelBeranek said:

... endless tapestry of spam, false accusations and personal attacks. I wonder whether the server transfers will make this better or worse. I really wish they would have implemented an ignore list for global chat by now.

It will get worse. Toxic players and cheaters hopping from server to server are kind of anonymous. No one can keep track of them so it is easier for them to stay undetected. Official ASE already teached that lesson.

The other thing we will see returning is all the "I got ARKed" posts from people that lost all when transfering.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MMaas said:

You are missing the point: We were offered a saying in the future of the game by voting specific creatures for specific maps. People designed these dino's to fit in that one map. What is happening now is making as much sense as giving a basilo-like creature as the new dino for Scorched Earth.
Giving this creature on another map is just a vote wasted and votes were what all the hype to ASA was buil on.

Tl;dr: The current situation is WC doing a "We here you" while giving the finger simultaniously.

Thank you. If I knew they were just gonna change it I'd have gone with the hermit crab instead, my vote was in part because of the map it was on.

On 1/13/2024 at 5:21 AM, TheTwistedKeeper said:

I get not wanting to rasie baby dinos without maewings & that's from someone who plays solo. But It's still bull, if they can change this one they can change the rest, and tha doesn't exactly make me wanna vote on anymore from here on out. If not having maewings or something like them was such a problem they could've released Ragnarok before The Center, then they wouldn't have needed to change anything.

Ragnarok wasn't the map with the maewing. 

19 hours ago, MMaas said:

You actually believe ur or anyone's vote makes a difference to which creatures are paired with what maps? They will release whichever creatures they want with whatever map they choose. They asked people to vote to gain favour with gullible people who think their having a say in the games development. 

On 1/12/2024 at 10:54 PM, keiran70 said:

All you have to do to save is click exit to main menu wait till you're at the menu then close the game, it will save every time.

This is not the case.  The current "workaround" is to do a wild dino wipe via commands to ensure a save.  But I can attest to this not working every time.  It does however make the game save more often when exiting.