As of now, are you planning on playing/buying ASA?

Karadeniz

I am currently watching from the sidelines and I'm not particularly impressed. The map looks amazing I will admit that, and I like that you can track tames (though IMO given that the tracking device you actually had to go out of your way to make and use resources for on ASE never fully worked it really should have been added to ASE) and I recognize a few new noises but I am not particularly impressed, it feels like the same game but with a new look. I am holding off, I may or may not buy it but as is currently I am not planning on it, and if I do I will not play official because its too time consuming/needy as far as dedication goes.

1 hour ago, DemonicRuins said:

to have learned how many of yall purchased ASA

I'm curious, how many people purchased it? Can you also see some how, how many are refunding it?

Somewhat related thing im curious about: Perhaps someone who knows a bit about the graphics cards can speculate what percentage of gamers can even run it?

35 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Somewhat related thing im curious about: Perhaps someone who knows a bit about the graphics cards can speculate what percentage of gamers can even run it?

just looking at graphics cards from steam's hardware survey, roughly 50% of graphics cards on steam meet min spec or higher.  and we're talking some gifts like 3050's being able to run it and 2060's.  probably 40% if you weed out those below min spec but can still play sorta.  recommended settings is going to fall closer to 10ish %.  my best guess is probably 25-30%ish of cards can play the game comfortably without lowering graphics to lowest settings. 

that's all assuming the rest of the system is up to par.  CPU/memory etc.  i'm sure there are some people running a 2080 with a 5th gen i3 or something. 

Edited by Nashiq
adding more info

i bought it and i actually regret it.... i should have waited untill the hype was a gone. I play only on PVE servers. Everything is full of pillars/foundations so the whole beach around the map is not playable. If you happen to have a little place of your own (like me) people bring wild dinos to your base so they can destroy it and claim your space also for pillars and foundations. People are also getting blocked off so they are forced to go away because everyone is placing foundations/pillars so you cannot expand and there are no resources respawning... on my map even carnivour isle was fully blocked with foundations nothing could respawn its a disaster.

On top of that servers are crashing every 30 min with a rollback of 15 min so you lose allot of your stuff for no reason...

Or i am unlucky with the map i choose to play on but the few hours i played on the map i saw people joining general chat asking if there was a pillar free space on this map so im guessing all maps are blocked atm with pillars/foundations.

In my opinion wait a few weeks before buying ASA so the hype has worn off and you can claim a bit of land for your own. 

Hello everything is fine? I'm a fan of the game ark, when I was making the purchase, which was worth R$109.79, the value was instantly changed to R$198. I want the common sense to negotiate this value. This problem occurred on 10/26/2023 at around 11:00 am. Note: I tried to contact Steam and they directed me to you.

15 hours ago, Kerkvlerk said:

i bought it and i actually regret it.... i should have waited untill the hype was a gone. I play only on PVE servers. Everything is full of pillars/foundations so the whole beach around the map is not playable. If you happen to have a little place of your own (like me) people bring wild dinos to your base so they can destroy it and claim your space also for pillars and foundations. People are also getting blocked off so they are forced to go away because everyone is placing foundations/pillars so you cannot expand and there are no resources respawning... on my map even carnivour isle was fully blocked with foundations nothing could respawn its a disaster.

On top of that servers are crashing every 30 min with a rollback of 15 min so you lose allot of your stuff for no reason...

Or i am unlucky with the map i choose to play on but the few hours i played on the map i saw people joining general chat asking if there was a pillar free space on this map so im guessing all maps are blocked atm with pillars/foundations.

In my opinion wait a few weeks before buying ASA so the hype has worn off and you can claim a bit of land for your own. 

So... pve is still exactly the same. Q someone stating pvp is still pvp too? lol

On 10/27/2023 at 10:28 PM, Nashiq said:

I've owned a server cluster for almost as long as ark has been out.  I've used at least 5 different server hosts, including self hosting for a time.  We had Nitrado for 6 months and had nothing but problems with lag, ddos attacks and customer support.  We've been with our current host for 2 years, which includes other games that are not ark.  it took a long time to find one we truly loved that had no issues and had dedicated people at the helm.  Has Nitrado gotten better in the last 3 years?  maybe, but considering they were just bought out by a mega corp that only cares about money, i doubt it.  You do what you want with your money, but you got no say in what others feel.    

I am 100% going to play this game. We decided last week to start Ark again on PS5. It was the first time since we did since the PS5 came out and the frame rate and graphics were kind of a disappointment. Nevertheless also a bit expected for a PS4 game.

when we went on youtube looking for Ark movies we learned that 3 hours before there was a presentation and the remake came out on steam already which was a big surprise. None of us knew there was even a remake in the works.

The issue for me is not the delay. I am a 43 year old gamer and delays are very common. Since we just learned about the remake we are happy if we can play it within a month. Even if it takes a bit longer you won’t hear me complain. And yes, people cannot tell other how they should feel about the delay. But i have read this forum for the last hour and a poopload of comments are truly shocking and inexcusable. There are either a lot of children on the forums or people that lost a complete sense of reality. Like the developers are loving to postpone…

what i don’t like is Nitrado’s exclusivity. I went from Nitrado to G-Portal a few years ago because of the poopty mobile interface and not so good customer support for a specific issue back then. We used Nitrado and now G-Portal for games like Ark, Conan, Minecraft (FTB) and Farming Simulator. When i read about the exclusivity for Nitrado i was first like, maybe they improved and it is not the end of the world. But what i see now and the way they are monetizing this exclusivity deal kinda sucks. We are with 5 real life friends and if i see i have to rent a server for a minimum of 20 users… well….

i will 100% play this game. I am fine with the €40 price point even though we bought most of the expensions in the past. The €20 pricepoint for server rent per month sucks, mostly because of the abuse of the exclusivity deal. But money isn’t an issue for us.

but aside of this, people really need to behave because many on this forum behave like complete retards. 

Edited by Kenny026
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wont be buying ASA, I feel and know it is a money grab, the updated graphics make the game has such a high requirement that it is almost unplayable people say "turn off the particle effects and clouds." so to get a decent fps we have to turn off all the updated particle effects which seems dumb.

I normally play ASE on our own server using our own computers for our friends, so the current problems with PVP or PVE or nitrado do not affect me, but it still shows me how much the Dev and Studio care for our enjoyment. and I have heard all of the controversy about snail games and the alpha tribes.

but considering this was supposed to be a free update, which was good. Then bundled with a pre order for Ark2, which was ok. Now completely stand alone for 45 euros, which is just a complete turn around from what was originally promised.

the updates that they added are mainly small updates and improved AI tracking, which has already proven to not work as intended by some people. the only feature that I feel I like is the wild baby dinos, but the way that they all spawn does make it feel as if they are cramped into a small box together.

I already know that the Devs do not care for file bloat as the game can get over 400gb, which is a amazing amount of space for a single game. double the next game as normal with the DLC, when that game has 4K textures and all map packs and everything downloaded, kind of shows how lazy the Devs can be when it comes to files size.

I have also seen a post about them endorsing creators and streamers, and while checking ASA online have not come across much negative feedback from the game, even though it is mixed on steam and many people reporting crashes and Day 1 2016 bugs again. it does make me feel that they are being paid to be positive about the game in return for thee rewards offered by Wildcard and SG. 

and considering that the game was supposed to be one build on Console and PC, why did they not just tell people more about the game before and delay it a bit more for a dual release, the game feels like it was being made in the dark to hype people up for a shadow release. Then everyone would be hyped to buy it and realise what little extra it offers and how badly optimised it is again with a much higher price point.

I don't think ASA is worth the price point, considering it is the same game as ASE but with some slight improvements, and the forcing shutdown of official server to move to ASA, the game is not even 10 years old, and the graphics are not too dissimilar, (think FF7 remake and the change in graphics, that is a remake that is actually worth it.) the price is too high, the DLC is said to be free but since they have changed the price and what ASA was so much in the last year does anyone really believe this until we see it?

I love Ark, it is a fun game and good to play, but the Devs have for most spent all of their goodwill and trust, and for some they don't seem to care that the Devs are just non caring for the community. so I don't recommend anyone buying this because why give power to this company, when they will likely do the same thing with Ark 2 when that has come to release and screw a lot of people over again.

Same here in Singapore the price went from 31sgd to 54sgd. Added it to cart and the price changed to 54sgd. Guess we have no choice but to wait for Black Friday or whenever the next sale happens. Not paying 54sgd for a remastered game. If WildCard hadn't include the self-hosted servers disability on launch.. I would have gotten it. They took 1 day to enable server tools. I hope wildcard reverts the prices back for 1 day at least as a form of reimbursement for the messy launch.

I wouldn't have until I found out it's going to be on gamepass for Xbox. I already pay monthly for gamepass so I'm not going to cancel that just because of ark. If it was separate from game pass I probably wouldn't have bought it at least until extinction. So it's a no Brainer for me to just play Asa on gamepass because technically it's free for me since I already pay a subscription. 

https://imgur.com/a/Xn9lOBA    Screen steam User Reviews 

I won't talk about optimization or anything like that, mainly because my PC doesn't meet the minimum requirements, and yet it opened up and I was able to play.

My comment aims to highlight that a reputable company should not do what was done to the public and the players.

The game was set to launch at 4 AM here in Brazil on October 26, 2023, with a advertised price of 121.99 with a 10% discount, bringing it down to 109.79 reais. Out of nowhere, with no prior notice, the company changed the price at 11 AM on the same day to 220.00 with the same 10% discount, making it 198.00 reais.

Those who love the game and were lucky enough to win it as I did should stand up against the company and demand a return to the previous price and keep November 1st as the deadline for the promotion.

It's not fair, and far from just, for those who didn't have the opportunity to buy the game at the promotional price of 109.79 reais. Anyone living in Brazil knows that this price is already a significant barrier to acquiring a game, especially when considering the full price, which is practically 18% of the country's minimum wage.

The vast majority of the gamer population has outdated hardware due to our tax policy, which has worsened recently. Therefore, I would like to ask everyone who found the company's actions "dishonest" to push for a return to the previously advertised price

https://imgur.com/wShUMvT  Screen steam User Reviews ²

Report the game for 'Violations of Legal Terms' here on the Steam page.

The company launched the game with a promotion for R$ 109.79, valid until November 1st. However, before the date set by the company itself, they changed the price of the game, almost doubling it, which constitutes a violation of Articles 35 and 66 of the Consumer Protection Code here in Brazil.

Constituting false claims about the value and non-compliance with the published promotion.

ART. 35. If the supplier of products or services refuses to fulfill the offer, presentation, or advertisement, the consumer may, alternatively and at their free choice:

I - demand the forced fulfillment of the obligation, according to the terms of the offer, presentation, or advertisement;

ART. 66. Make a false or deceptive statement, or omit relevant information about the nature, characteristics, quality, quantity, safety, performance, durability, price, or warranty of products or services:

They are REQUIRED to fulfill the initial offer until the specified date, as per Brazilian legislation. Any change in price could only be made after November 1st.

Help us in the SA region, we want to play but the game is ridiculously expensive

On 29.10.2023 at 12:52, Ermelious said:

То же самое и здесь, в Сингапуре, цена выросла с 31 до 54 сингапурских долларов. Добавил его в корзину, и цена изменилась до 54 сингапурских долларов. Думаю, у нас нет другого выбора, кроме как ждать Черной пятницы или следующей распродажи. Не платить 54 сингапурских доллара за обновленную игру. Если бы WildCard не включал в себя отключение автономных серверов при запуске… я бы это получил. На включение серверных инструментов ушёл 1 день. Я надеюсь, что wildcard вернет цены назад хотя бы на 1 день в качестве компенсации за беспорядочный запуск.

It's unlikely that they will lower the price on Black Friday after the recent discount, so they will lower the price either during the winter, spring sale or at some kind of holiday event.

I support the return of regional pricing. The prices were adequate when the game was released. Do you want to make money? Better make paid skins for animals or buildings. There is an example of Conan Exiles. In Conan Exiles there is a subscription that gives constantly new skins for humans, animals and buildings and there is a constant flow of money. I like this scheme better than the universal price. 

• Like 1

I bought the game. This is my experience. 

Myself and several friends purchased the game to play together.

2 of us myself included do not have the machines to play this well but we do have Geforce now. 

On geforce now neither of us have been able to sucessfully play for more than an hour, ASE plays perferctly. 

Regardless of this the group clubbed together and rented a server from Nitrado. 

The server was expensive but what we did not realise was the absolute lack of features and settings that the server allowed, there might be ways but we are non technical and all busy working people so did not want to spend the time figuring out settings that are just basic features on our normal server provider (GPortal). 

Further to all this the other non Geforce now players have experienced significant issues with the game in general. One is running a 4080 with 64 GB of ram and a recent  I9 processor, he reportes very poor performance at times. Another player runs a 7900 xtx and he experiences regular crashes, he suggested that  its interface related. 

Current situation. 

We asked for and got a rufund on the nitrado server. We do all want to play Ark again but we are not big pvp players and have pretty much done everything in ASE .. we did want to experience the more immersive world that ASA seemed to offer, but with the issues we have canned our plans for that for now. 

To sum up I think its safe to say that the shambolic launch and the server policy has lost Ark 4 more players, we all feel we wasted our money and would not advise someone browsing this thread to make a decison to spend well earned cash on the product. Whats worse is that for me it brings what Ark 2 might be into serious doubt and significantly damages Wildcards reputation. 

The partnership with Nitrado is beyond me, I must be missing something. 

We have a new version of Satisfactory to explore we will spend our time there for now. 

I'm fairly sure I'll buy it on PS5 assuming I don't see shocking bad graphics when compared to what I've seen on PC. I mostly played single player for yrs though (except a yr or so on a server with friends), so the whole Nitrado controversy isn't of concern. Also, I do have some friends who started playing the Steam version for the first time and they plan on getting a server up, so if crossplay does become a thing it gives me more options. 

Honestly, it's not like I don't expect ASA not to go through the same pains as ASE in terms of bugs, bad performance and frustrations but overall I expect the good aspects to balance the bad ones the same way as ASE did for a casually fun overall gaming experience. 

I was considering buying, but I wanted to see what the initial feedback was like before I pulled the trigger.  If I saw feedback that a cleaned up code base and new engine produced a stable, optimized game, I would put some money down.  But the current state seems to me like a big sign: the future of ASA seems to be following the same path that I went through with the realease of ASE: even having similar bugs and exploits. 

The tradegy of ASE was that you had the potential for greatness: a fantastic idea and developers that seemed like they put a lot of love into the game.  But ASE fell short on execution: unstable, unoptimized, and uncompromized by exploiters and hackers.  Their attachment to a publisher with a tainted reputation did not help either, and they really lived up to it.

So it seems like on all fronts, ASA is following a similar tragectory as ASE.