Community Crunch 381: Sunsets on ASE, New Horizons on ASA and FAQ

StudioWildcard

TLDR: Crossplay will be enabled for Xbox Series X/S, Windows PC, and PlayStation 5. 
Crossplay will not work for Steam PC at launch. 

Why? Frankly, when we launch the game, we’ll have to patch a lot because you’re going to find things we missed or break the game in ways we never identified, and we’d prefer to be able to patch the Steam platform very quickly to resolve these issues.

So when there is an exploit, console/windows players get to abuse it for much longer and even get an early warning before it gets fixed. Nice. But overall it seems like some thought went into the problems that come with crossplay, so not all bad i guess.

Rafts will be available on Day One and the Rhyniognatha on The Island

Nerf rhyniognatha. There shouldnt even be a debate about that, it is so obvious this creature shouldnt be in the game as it is in ase. While youre at it, nerf all the other op creatures that came with other maps.

We have done a pass on caves with some balance adjustments to choke points

Good.

We have NOT FIXED getting more than 20 mutations

This is extremely disappointing. It was my most anticipated change for asa. The (nearly) unlimited mutations are ruining the games balance. I made a suggestion here with more details and reasons.

We will still be working with an anti-cheat for ASA. We won’t be sharing any more information about Anti-Cheat as it doesn’t benefit anyone to do so.

Oh you´re still working with an anti cheat? Crazy! But seriously, you couldnt get on top of cheating in the slightest for the past years, i have never seen such rampant cheating in any other game. It takes some more than this little paragraph to convince people that you actually come up with working anti cheat systems. Maybe start with acknowledging how bad it is in ase.

Of course, these examples don't cover everything you can expect to see redesigned in ASA.

Give us more details please. This faq was a surprising and nice change of communication, thanks for that but we need more of that before launch. Including a list of game modes/servers that will be available. I would personally like to see some kind of classical mode (not seasonal and ran by stinky snail games) without all the stupid op maps and without all the stupid op creatures. Furthermore id like to see  orp-clusters again, possibly with improved orp-system like i suggested here.

once the game is out the door, we intend to do a 180 and will become more directly engaged with the community

So you didnt want anything to do with all the ase-related dramas anymore and decided to just stay quiet, and now want to start "fresh" with asa? Kinda puts you under pressure now... And as i said, please dont wait for asa launch to give us more details about the changes you´ve made.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

I'm a little intrigued by what the mutation changes will be like, the speed increase was never modified in my late game, so it doesn't affect me at all. Of course, the fight for the land and the dinos at the beginning is going to be terrible if it can be connected. If there is no cryo, the server will be saturated much faster, no matter if it is a new engine or whatever, they should reconsider this.

So sick of this garbage. You seriously couldn't even be bothered to give a better idea of the date until it was actually October, just to push it back even further? Requested my first time off this year for NOTHING because WC can't be bothered to get their 💩 straight for literally 2 seconds and be a big boy company. I have no doubt release would be a bug filled 💩 fest of rollbacks and downtimes anyway, but it would have been nice to pretend to play. Im really considering not even bothering with ASA now. We all know how it will go - just as bad as ASE except with new exploits, bugs, crashes, and bots. For the record: NORMAL GAME COMPANIES DON'T DO THIS FOR THEIR RELEASES. May as well be honest now and push it back until December with a real date. Makes me sick to think games are so bad lately that even some people are willing to put up with this. 

Edited by Lochsaw

6 minutes ago, VidarFeral said:

Most of this is good news, but I am shocked and disappointed that you're not fixing the mutation cap bug.

Yea i really dont understand why the devs dont cap them properly. Dollie made clear they want to do something about the cave meta, but said it is a hard thing to do in regards to balance. Capping mutations would be one very important part in making that possible balance-wise. On top of that, it would help balance late game vs early game.

• Like 3

Crossplay is a bad thing. people still don't understand this: each console, and windows store version have heir own deploy methods and timing and those are managed by sony and microsoft. yes, on steam they can pushback a new version and wait until upgrade starts on console side.. still deployment issues remains between different platforms, mainly console and windows store.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BruisingPikmin said:

Well, you got one thing right, they did get lucky.

They made one of (if not THE) most successful indie survival games, and they were indeed lucky to do so. It almost died on arrival due to poopty business practices (non-compete clauses) and was brought back from the brink to become the great game it is today. Yeah, they had their missteps, but certainly no more than any of the triple A developers they were aiming to produce a game of similar quality to.

Actually, my apologies, you got two things right. You are a fool as well, as you stated. Good riddance to you too, the franchise will go on just fine without you complaining like it seems you likely do quite often (oh who am I kidding, we both know you'll buy ASA so you can complain there as well 😉.)

Ah i did forget 1 thing also, good riddance to mindless fanboi's like you too 'fool' lol. And i wont be buying asa, trust me, i havnt suggested others shouldnt either but i guarantee i wont be. Main reason is time already spent in game. I couldnt think of anything worse than starting again from scratch especially the way its being delivered. Island only and drip fed dlc, never. Only a 'fool' would. So instead of feble attempts to insult people maybe learn to respect other peoples 'opinions' in a forum for discussions

• Thanks 2

Ottima idea rimuovere il livellamento della velocità così facendo un rex potrà raggiungerti e sarà tutto più terrificante e pauroso e più realistico wow ,grazie wildcard per aver rinnovato il mio gioco preferito ,ci giocherò per tutto il resto della mia vita ,grazie ancora  sono molto entusiasta di provare le nuove telecamere orbitali, di cui io ne ho sempre fatto molto uso per osservare i dino in varie prospettive, grazie ,se non lo hai già fatto potresti aggiornare le braccia di tutti i carnivori? .

Great idea to remove the speed leveling so by doing so a rex can reach you and everything will be more terrifying and scary and more realistic wow, thank you wildcard for renewing my favorite game, I will play it for the rest of my life, thanks again I'm very enthusiastic to try the new orbital cameras, which I have always used a lot to observe dinos from various perspectives, thanks, if you haven't already done so, could you update the arms of all the carnivores? .
  • Thanks 1

Well, one teaser that was confirmed is that FluidNinja water dynamics are going to be put into ASA!!!!! Everyone was wondering is Garuga put that in there on purpose or just forgot to remove it before taking a screenshot. Well it was confirmed to be an Easter Egg he put in to show how the water will look in ASA!!!!!

9 hours ago, PaleoGamer said:

Not only PVP. I'm running my breeded Therizinos with 145,2% speed! Yes, it's 20 points less to anything else - but is SO good to rip through the map with them... :D

WHY would someone do this to land Dinos? I can understand the fliers (i don't like it, but understand).
But land ones? Everything will take double the time to accomplish!

Well, maybe that's the idea: to take double the time to accomplish. A rubbish idea, but and idea.

I think it was for mainly PVP, but I think for PVE they just wanted people to use different types of tame for different purposes and not just a speedy Theri, Spino or Allo. I think they just want people to use the travel mounts that Ark has but no one really uses if they leveled up a super fast battle mount or harvesters

Edited by OverRannus
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Vaugsy said:

Looking forward to no longer purchasing the game! I don’t understand what is going through their heads. No cryoes, no movement speed levelling, no steam crossplay on launch, removed mutation cap, like what????!? I’m literally in a discord of 30 people discussing this and all 30 of us aren’t buying the game anymore 💀😂💀😂💀🥸

Great, thanks for not buying lol less idiots involved in the community the better. 

• Like 1

Yo @Jatheish a little bird told me the Switch version solved the event WorldSettingsOverrides splitting all in different folders, so multiple events can be stored. Will you guys being able to do something like that for ASE ? :3 Unofficial admins would love you.

That little bird confirmed me Easter, FearEvolved, Tureky Trial, Vday and WinterWonterland events WorldSettingsOverridesassets are there. Yes we know the files are different (UE 4.5.1 vs 4.27) but the logic... is that hard to finalise on PC too? :3 :3 :3

Edited by darkradeon

goodnight.webp.49d99dda5998c2acbfbf189fe3745dcd.webp

The ARKs were created to establish a perfect, evolving ecosystem where there are no mistakes.

Whenever civilizations become restless or their development stagnates, the ARKs will destroy the existing ecosystem and start their development anew. However, the ARKs had a significant flaw: the goals of the ARKs, to create the perfect ecosystem, were not static and have changed over time. The goals were set so high that the ARK systems can no longer achieve them, and more and more extraordinary new creatures were generated, throwing the ecosystem into chaos.

Instructions were left behind for the next generation of survivors to find and fix this flaw in the ARK systems. Tonight, on many ARKs, this process has begun, and the reset of the ecosystems, which will take about a month, has started.

Did the survivors of these ARKs manage to fix the error, and will we have a stable new ecosystem in about a month, where a new life awaits many?

Rest in peace, survivors of the old world!

Edited by Vakarian
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Odawhing said:
, I will play it for the rest of my life,

I really hope you are not saying the rest of your life is that short, prayers to you my friend I hope you have the greatest experience with the rest of your time here.

58 minutes ago, ST0RM said:

Great, thanks for not buying lol less idiots involved in the community the better. 

So they are an idiot because they don't agree with you/devs decision? Noted.

-----

If I do ever plan on playing ASA, it won't be until all DLC is out, kinks are worked out, and players are "caught up" more with how ASE was (so I can make the slow transition from the now-saved "Unofficial Official", just like I did with Legacy->Official, if I even trust Official ever again).

That said, I sure will miss movement speed lol I'm so spoiled by it that every time I MindWipe to craft I can't tell if I'm major encumbered and stresses me out to no end! 😂

• Facepalm 1

After losing my character and all of my progress for the second time on an official server transfer and being consistently let down by support, I gave up on Ark a year ago.  Yes, I know some of you who went through the same and carried on, but I am a big-baby I guess.

I have been skeptical about ASA but try to be open-minded about the future of Ark. 

There are a couple of nuggets of transparency in this Community Crunch that give me a sense of hope.  I am still in wait-and-see mode, but I have to admit a dash of excitement and yearning.

Edited by maxplanck58

Thankyou Studio Wildcard for bringing us ASA!! I am so pumped, it is everything I wanted and more!

Question for you, And maybe I speak for a lot of people here:

You said that there will be implementation of Nvidia's tech (perhaps DLSS)

What about AMD such as the new FSR3? 

A game of this caliber would benefit greatly from these implementations. Thanks!!

• Like 1

Well..sad about ase gone..all the hours i spent taming and breeding..had a blast thanks for that..asa around the corner sounds good..not looking forward to (server is full ) msg..or the pillars every where again..not worried about no cyro's at start of asa as im an old prim plus player (hate tech stuff)..will miss prim plus though but oh well nvm..im just focus on a new adventure in asa..please WC make asa atleast playable..thank you.