Community Crunch 381: Sunsets on ASE, New Horizons on ASA and FAQ

StudioWildcard

there are some good things in this, some bad. My main issue (and i hope i'm wrong but...) is this feels like a giant rug pull. Like you are working as hard as you can to cobble something together for some screenshots and a short trailer. then hoping as many people as possible buy it day 1 before all the videos start coming out about what a broken, buggy, god awful mess it is. I might still buy it, but if i do it damn sure won't be on day 1. 

• Like 4

Really glad for the wealth of info in this one! Of course it’s sad to say goodbye to ARK but I’m definitely going to be approaching ASA with a new excitement!

Of course I’m still reasonably apprehensive, but reading through all the information and confirmation of features has me really excited to get my hands on the game 

Excited to hear more as the end of October gets closer!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, darkradeon said:

cryopods are also a matter of performance and not life-destorying game  feature too. Bad decay times (biggest example: power cables) are the most hated feature of official, not having cryopods.. it's even worse, despite this makes breeding really a pain. Huge tribes again destroying performance, gg.

Fr bro it's like they don't even think just do, how do they expect consoles to run UE 5 with massive land bases with tame cap. And the no cryos means once again slaving away for hours constant meat runs just raise 1 baby and for it to die

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I do have to say one thing, I have been watching Ark for eight years and been playing it for six years. I have had a blast on every single map, from playing the first time on the Island to trying out newly released map that we call Aberration (you know, the map everyone said back then officially linked ASE plot to involving aliens. Lol) to playing the last map of the story maps Geneisis part 2 and playing the last map ever to be released on ASE Fjordur! For me, Ark was one of the greatest games ever created, and as the sun sets for ASE, I look forward to see what will be in store for ASA!!! I can’t wait to play it!!! Thank you for creating such an awesome game!!!!

Edited by OverRannus
  • Like 3

Wildcard, you killed the heart of the game when you refused to give us any option to save our tames and progress to single player, instead forcing us to pay through the nose if we want to save years of work. So many players have left in disgust at how you've handled the shutdown. ASA will be the same old bugs and glitches, just with a shiny new coat of paint.

May all your office chairs sprout thumbtacks and the floors turn to Lego, so you can experience a fraction of the pain you've put us through. May all your desks get loose screws and suddenly collapse.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 6
  • Facepalm 3

Wildcard

Do you thank the guys who bought the game last week only to find out tonight the servers were closing? This screenshot was about 2 hours before the servers shut down. You had the means to inform people officially and didn't bother.  

I uncryod all my favorite dino's this evening for a group photo but spent more time informing players on the server what was happening. These poor guys in the pic weren't the only ones who didn't know. 

Although i'm not happy and I feel sad the servers have closed, i understand it, but to make no effort to inform players through official means is totally sleazy.  

The phrase 'Don't bite the hand that feeds you' seems very relevant at this time.

ark9999.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Destinynaga said:

NO CRYOPODS LOL Servers will be tame Capped in the 1st month of people playing, it will be like Gen2 all over again. and the best part........ everyone get ready for the joining server failed messages "server is full" XD

Where you have noobies screaming at the elders to kill tames just so they can get theirs again 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ngl, I'm itchin' for that trailer. Crazy how adamant they are on not spilling a drop of ASA footage. Either it's for the build up and suspense, silly contractual reasons that shouldn't exist or ASA just being too unfinished? I don't think it looks good to be so secretive on it even if it is working for drawing attention. I'd love to see a rex or something just for generating honest hype.

• Like 1

All negatives aside, this was an excellent journey and I’m very excited for Ark’s future. “We Aren’t Meant to Live Forever” was an incredible song, in my eyes, and the Shasta dossier gets me hyped for what this creature has to offer. My prediction for next week’s CC is that we’ll get a chance to submit a creature for Valguero. I’d recommend doing a deep sea submission( not nothosaurus) or a Semi Surface/Aberrant creature and maybe a hint of a flyer or two.

• Like 2

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, IllIIlllIIlIIllI said:

Is it so hard to have an official without PC-console crossplay? All they do is cheat, Jesus Christ why is it so hard for y'all to do. Quit pushing this onto people, it's absurd that you disable soft crossplay because "unfair advantage" then go back and push it onto all official servers.

They just said there will be a cluster where consoles will not be crossplay with PC (and stay that way).

Edited by Joebl0w13
  • Like 2

RIP ASE it was fun till you got executed by your own makers, this is a very sad day to see no Justice for console players mostly PC players are happy about this because they got everything they worked for no cost and the fact they even mentioned in the article with special treatment is very clear and older Gen consoles are not included at all.

You know you have options to include older consoles like making cloud gaming available for all platforms.

So many are disappointed about the fact we have to rent and have no access to any more content so I guess that’s the end for all older gen consoles till this gets addressed.

It would be a good idea for console players to just stop paying first and test with game pass cloud or PS cloud before making purchases because PC players keep getting things free and still have the advantage.

If cloud is not available then it’s time to just move on and put our money to games that care enough to include us.

Wildcard for your information maybe you don’t know this but Cloud gaming only requires fast internet connection and can be accessed from anywhere and any device without the need for any hardware requirements.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1