Community Crunch 379: ASA Cross-Platform Mod Preview

StudioWildcard

1 hour ago, DragonHorse said:

THE BEAUTIFUL BOI I FUNDED FOR ARK ADDITIONS LOOKS SO GOOD!!

It truly is. I might cry tears of joy that we've made it this far. Thank you wildcard.

1 hour ago, Saurotter said:

If Gorgonops doesn’t win just add it to the game at this point lol. It’s the most reoccurring creature, there’s obviously a popular base for it, and it’s taking up a slot of something we haven’t potentially seen before. 

I think they should do this for the jumping spider as well.

1 hour ago, kingblades said:

then your not geting to play asa then 

This is funny🤣

• Thanks 3
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Arkquer said:

A screenshot of ASA

Thanks god

Its only remain the animated series 

Look at the picture again. Not only is it not an actual screenshot of ASA, but it isn't even work done by a wildcard employee. It's a mod user's generated image of their modded creature.

1 hour ago, badjuejue said:

Very simple, hopefully WC is learning... maybe next Friday we can get a solid date? Or some actual footage? I'm kind of actually speechless surprised really

If wc was learning then their crunch would be not simple and actually give us some worthwhile information. We've had a solid date for ASA release ever since we learned of sg contract with nitrado. Unlike previous releases, this time sg will pay a high price if they don't release ASA by October 31st. No-one who knows this information expects them to release ASA any earlier and this new revelation of "at the end of October" only cements this. According to their own words, I wouldn't expect to see a gameplay trailer till an hour or so before its released.

1 hour ago, One0nlypaco said:

Alright, that looks gorgeous. This is very good y'all. Exciting to finally see some beautiful screen shots from the game. YEEESSSS

This is not in any way a screenshot from the game. It's a mod user's generated image of their personal modded creature using the devkit. It doesn't even have any background imagery. 

1 hour ago, TyranntX said:

Well its not the peek at ASA I was hoping for, but DAMN does Dienotherium look GREAT in UE5! it really helps paint a picture for what official creatures will look like!

Unfortunately, nowhere on the image do we have a concrete evidence that it is indeed an image from UE5. Personally, to me it doesn't look any better than current Ark on maximum graphics. 

1 hour ago, Caegiganoto said:

WHERE IS SHASTASAURS INTRODUCTING?!!!!

Yes. They have broken their own rhythm now by not showing the Shasta dossier this week. So you can see in this crunch what wc/sg does. When they can't get their own material ready on time, and when the Ark community pleads for ASA reveal content, but they can't even get any of their own ASA reveal content to show, then they just steal the hard work of Ark's community members and says; "Look. We're awesome. Just see how cool this thing is that we didn't even have any part of making, but it has ARK pasted on it so if this is cool then it means we're cool." 50 Percent or more of each crunch has just been videos, screenshots, and artwork done by the community for a long time now. Ark's community members and the work they've done, mainly the modders, have been the driving force of keeping the game alive for a long time now. wc/sg takes partial credit for it and says they're doing something, when in reality they do nothing at all.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

For me, this was the best crunch in connection with ASA we've had so far. First we see a screenshot of a creature in the UE5 engine and second we know that selected modders are already cooking content for ASA, also we can guess a bit about the water physics in ASA because they got the plugin Fluidninja for ASA.

Thanks Wildcard you have more than fueled my excitement for the end of October.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, Arkquer said:

A screenshot of ASA

Thanks god

Its only remain the animated series 

6 hours ago, One0nlypaco said:

Alright, that looks gorgeous. This is very good y'all. Exciting to finally see some beautiful screen shots from the game. YEEESSSS

That isn't a screenshot from the game... it's User Generated, may as well be AI generated.

Edited by Mike585x
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also es wäre interessant wen die mal mitteilen würde wann ASA eigentlich den Starttermin hat im Oktober, ob es dieses Jahr ist oder der Oktober nächstes Jahr? Vielleicht auch mal ein paar Bilder aus dem Spiel zeigen einfach und ein Video? Bilder versteh ich drunter also kein Werkzeug oder Gebäude sondern von der Landschaft Allgemein. Des würde ich mal feiern das man da mehr Infos bekommen, weil was Interessiert mich eine Kreatur in einer Karte wo erst Mitte 2024 Online geht? Ich finde das das einfach nur zeit und Ressourcen Verschwendung ist, mit den Tieren von Karten wo nicht mal gleich Online kommen. 

• Like 2

Instead of showing off mods how about you show us game play of the ACTUAL GAME? 

Also, mod photos are nice and all, but if you think people will PAY to use mods, I think you are deluded. It's one thing to choose to support a mod creator privately through Patreon, it's another to be forced to pay for a mod if you want to use it.

Ark is one of my all time favorite games, but I will be waiting until after EA release to see what a mess/cash grab it's going to be. I'm happy to keep playing ASE on single player and my own Nitrado server, which I have done since I've owned the game. Official has always been a cesspool of toxicity and cheaters, no thank you.

• Like 1

Also 15 days left for the official servers and NO notification on steam that you are killing them ... yes unofficial, yes single player but come on only reason i play SP is to test stuff before i waste the mats on official .... and even then sometimes the two completely differ.....

Milking it to the very end ... thank goodness the community that you have burned is informing people .....

PS nice mod - shame ZERO info about the actual game AGAIN

I made this an hour ago as a rough comparison to the community crunch image. The lighting and cloud differences are amazing. (screenshot on The Island UE4, 10am lighting, Max settings on a 4090.) I am hyped for ASA.294784067_Screenshot2023-09-16133908Smallforforums.png.33a32e1b64f0820daa2afceffc8061ab.png

ps. I put a slightly better image, both angle and size, on the official Discord in #fanart-and-screenshots.

Edited by Wildeheart
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, FlorianWind9 said:

Look at the picture again. Not only is it not an actual screenshot of ASA, but it isn't even work done by a wildcard employee. It's a mod user's generated image of their modded creature.

If wc was learning then their crunch would be not simple and actually give us some worthwhile information. We've had a solid date for ASA release ever since we learned of sg contract with nitrado. Unlike previous releases, this time sg will pay a high price if they don't release ASA by October 31st. No-one who knows this information expects them to release ASA any earlier and this new revelation of "at the end of October" only cements this. According to their own words, I wouldn't expect to see a gameplay trailer till an hour or so before its released.

This is not in any way a screenshot from the game. It's a mod user's generated image of their personal modded creature using the devkit. It doesn't even have any background imagery. 

Unfortunately, nowhere on the image do we have a concrete evidence that it is indeed an image from UE5. Personally, to me it doesn't look any better than current Ark on maximum graphics. 

Yes. They have broken their own rhythm now by not showing the Shasta dossier this week. So you can see in this crunch what wc/sg does. When they can't get their own material ready on time, and when the Ark community pleads for ASA reveal content, but they can't even get any of their own ASA reveal content to show, then they just steal the hard work of Ark's community members and says; "Look. We're awesome. Just see how cool this thing is that we didn't even have any part of making, but it has ARK pasted on it so if this is cool then it means we're cool." 50 Percent or more of each crunch has just been videos, screenshots, and artwork done by the community for a long time now. Ark's community members and the work they've done, mainly the modders, have been the driving force of keeping the game alive for a long time now. wc/sg takes partial credit for it and says they're doing something, when in reality they do nothing at all.

Oh stfu. Anyone who has modded on the UE4 Ark devkit knows that the representation in the devkit is using in-game models, textures and lighting. I've taken plenty of screenshots in the devkit for in-game raffles and it's the same? Even if it is just a modded creature, it's still utilizing UE5 ASA assets? Are you saying that the whole devkit image is a generated concept and not real? What makes this Deinotherium really pop is the improved UE5 lighting which should be common across ASA on release and guess what? It'll probably look even better in-game on ultra settings @ 4k.

It's unnecessary droning at this point to fuel your own confirmation bias' as you've all whined about ASA for months, typing long-winded assuming posts. Will ASA have countless bugs and lots of missing features? Yep, but the lazy reskin argument... I'm excited to see you all eat your own words when ASA ends up looking cutting-edge on UE5.

Edited by Thalana
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1