Community Crunch 371: Introducing Gigantoraptor!

StudioWildcard

18 hours ago, Voidtoker said:

The most important change you could make in this game would be allowing the Anky and Doed to swing while being carried until they are overencumbered. This is to me, the biggest nerf to solo players. Flying with two people is more than 2x effective and it’s unbalanced.

this is already the case, Anky and Doed will automatically swing even without a rider when they are in the collection range of the right resource until its weight reaches the % slowdown, this applies both when "transported" by another animal and when they wander alone in "wandering / walking" mode, both PVP and PVE.

PS: actually, this also applies to other gathering creatures like Stego, Theri, Moscop, and a others. The "Wiky.gg" can help you know which resource is automatically collected by a particular Dino, [edit for add-->] and what kind of "resource node" they will react with attack/harvest.

Edited by CervantesMor

Just to do not be confused. YES or NO ? When official PS4 servers will go down, Can we download server data to our PS4 and continue or not? If not, Wild Card are liars to spread info that it will be possible, but not adding info that you cannot do it at the end without additional poops.

So YES or NO?🤫

YES = There is a possibility to continue with what we did for our fun and so everything will be OK. Single player game is acceptable too. Hosting server is acceptable.

NO = Official ARK is dead, WC posted poops again,  lets switch to single or unofficial. ASA to buy in 2026/2028 when they announce that ARK2 will have a delay because they forgot to tell us that they found some bugs in ASA which causing frequent BS to all PS players (e.g. 50 times more than GEN2)

Why there is no info on this? How to do it for PS4 server. How much space needed (especially for PS5 players XD ). How we will download? Impressing me more and more. Seems that WC do not know how to do it at all. 

So Good bye all and send few poops to WC?

On 7/22/2023 at 2:09 AM, Francis27 said:

Hi ark friends. A question. Will ark survival evolved ps4 users be able to save the progress of our base and dinosaurs from the official servers in the host/local mode when the official servers close?? please tell me that it is possible. I don't want to waste all my time and effort   

Time and efford is not wasted if you enjoyed gameplay. But, yeah, you r right. There is no info dedicated for officials PS4 server at all. Its written that it will be possible (for real? how?) but all rumors say, no way, cause you need to do this and this and that. Not just to download to PS4/5 and upload file. 

On 7/22/2023 at 3:08 AM, Kinsky said:

OVIMEME (1).png

Are people still confused about how this isn't a "Better Oviraptor"? Oviraptor STEALS and EATS eggs, it doesn't roost them or raise the hatchlings, furthermore Oviraptor speeds up the process for dinosaurs to ley UNINFIRTILIZED eggs  while Gigantoraptor doesn't apply any breeding affects aside from imprinting. Think of it this way, Oviraptor is used for kibble making for the babies you are trying to raise while Gigantoraptor is for raising said babies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, krupi said:

Time and efford is not wasted if you enjoyed gameplay. But, yeah, you r right. There is no info dedicated for officials PS4 server at all. Its written that it will be possible (for real? how?) but all rumors say, no way, cause you need to do this and this and that. Not just to download to PS4/5 and upload file. 

If you are still in the proces to work your way (work, not buy) to the bossfights and you don't manage to reach your goals before closing servers and you have to start all over again then yes, you wasted your time.
It might have been fun but unfinished things can be frustrating.

On 7/24/2023 at 1:30 AM, CervantesMor said:

this is already the case, Anky and Doed will automatically swing even without a rider when they are in the collection range of the right resource until its weight reaches the % slowdown, this applies both when "transported" by another animal and when they wander alone in "wandering / walking" mode, both PVP and PVE.

PS: actually, this also applies to other gathering creatures like Stego, Theri, Moscop, and aothers. The "Wiky.gg" can help you know which resource is automatically collected by a particular Dino, [edit for add-->] and what kind of "resource node" they will react with attack/harvest.

The current situation is trash. I can walk with my Anky having more than 4 rows. Because of the weight of stone the Anky will stop swinging at 2 rows metal/stone. 

I would also settle for a button that let you access the tame you are carrying without having to leave the Argent.

If you have farmed tons of metal with two people vs one on OFFICIAL rates it should be clear that the advantage is more than 2x. 

Another “fix” it silk nodes on the island. Being able to whip the Anky after it’s maxed out is yet another huge advantage.

1 hour ago, Voidtoker said:

The current situation is trash. I can walk with my Anky having more than 4 rows. Because of the weight of stone the Anky will stop swinging at 2 rows metal/stone. 

I would also settle for a button that let you access the tame you are carrying without having to leave the Argent.

If you use high melee anky it stops when the next hit will get the loaded weight too high when using an argy. It might help to add a few more points in weight instead of melee. This way it needs a few more hits but the end result might be better.

Or just get a stryder if you want to be more efficient.

45 minutes ago, MMaas said:

If you use high melee anky it stops when the next hit will get the loaded weight too high when using an argy. It might help to add a few more points in weight instead of melee. This way it needs a few more hits but the end result might be better.

Or just get a stryder if you want to be more efficient.

There is no set of stats that would make the situation balanced. Even a Anky with 2000lb at and a Argy with 4000 would still be tedious.
The Anky should simply swing until it is encumbered.

Paying for a private server for myself currently so I’m limited to the Island. Im not hurting on Metal either, I’ve just always found this to be very poorly thought out. 

I would be very interested if it is changed so that the structures in Asa are loaded first or at least second. Before the animals.

I find it terrible that structures are partly useless to keep animals, whether own or foreign, from crossing a certain border.

Whoever came up with the idea to load everything else first and then structures, had really not done a brilliant job that day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Voidtoker said:

The Anky should simply swing until it is encumbered.

Paying for a private server for myself currently so I’m limited to the Island. Im not hurting on Metal either, I’ve just always found this to be very poorly thought out. 

I had the same xpectations but accepted it's just not working like that. This game learned me on many occasions that logic and fairness are subjective.

But since you play on a private server you can fiddle with balance as much as you want so I don't see the issue.

I know at one point there was a whole website dedicated to this and it was taken don or stopped working, but where do yall create your custom dossiers? alot of the submissions ahd their own custom dossiers that i really liked and would love to try to make my own

Edited by StrandedAndStoopid

13 hours ago, MMaas said:

I had the same xpectations but accepted it's just not working like that. This game learned me on many occasions that logic and fairness are subjective.

But since you play on a private server you can fiddle with balance as much as you want so I don't see the issue.

I play on official rates. Any tinkering and it isn’t Ark. 

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, Voidtoker said:

You’re missing the point entirely and I bet you play on a boosted server.

I understand your point completely. Solo will never be as productive as a tribe. This game was built for tribes. 

I spent 6 years playing PVP and PVE on officials. Solo. 

Edited by Joebl0w13
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I understand your point completely. Solo will never be as productive as a tribe. This game was built for tribes. 

I spent 6 years playing PVP and PVE on officials. Solo. 

Might have found a solution last night. Perhaps you can lmk if it’s been “fixed yet”.

If I drop an empty vault on a mountain and fill it to the brim with Metal, can I then carry it back with the new Bug? Other sites say the ability works similar to the Exo-Mek but I’ve never used one of those. 

Feels a tad like cheating but I could justify it. 

• Thanks 1