Community Crunch 368: ASA Roadmap Update, ASA Comparison, and More!

StudioWildcard

• Volunteer Moderator
12 minutes ago, JESwayze said:

As a CIO of a technology company that works with fortune 100 companies,  YOU GUYS SUCK AT THIS.  Everything from PR to development lifecycle to meeting launch dates, you must be about the worst group I have ever seen.  If you were in regular tech without an addicted user base you would have never made it.   You all need to find another job or get someone who has a business mind to manage you.   Really, Get help.

As Joe Biden.

I think you embellish a bit.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LuckyPed said:

Yes I think they wont. coz they clearly didn't say it, plus it would completely break the point they were mentioned in the last price change.

So I'm 99% sure the 39.99$ include all maps !

Also, The Price of ASA including all Maps was 59.99$ IIRC,  but now it's 44.99$ for Early Access Period (which is 1 whole year or so until all old Maps are remastered and released in ASA)   it's clearly a 15$ reduction.

the 5$ Reduction is an extra Discount for buying the game at launch, it's the usual Steam Launch discount price for most game. its only until 1 week or so after the game launched, then it will change back to 44.99$.

Its not a $15 reduction though is it... We are literally investing in a beta test for the game just like we did with ASE and the fact they havent said that they wouldnt charge extra for the maps doesnt mean anything at this point in time... Hell they said ASA was a free upgrade to those that had ASE look how that turned out. 

Final thing... If you think that ASA will be in early access for only a year then you are deluded. WC has never ever hit a deadline or initial date since the launch of ASE and I dont see that changing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cryha said:

Its not a $15 reduction though is it... We are literally investing in a beta test for the game just like we did with ASE and the fact they havent said that they wouldnt charge extra for the maps doesnt mean anything at this point in time... Hell they said ASA was a free upgrade to those that had ASE look how that turned out. 

Final thing... If you think that ASA will be in early access for only a year then you are deluded. WC has never ever hit a deadline or initial date since the launch of ASE and I dont see that changing.

It is a reduction from what we previous gonna have man... now if u hated the old price, and still hate the new,

Sure. I understand

But I'm just stating the fact that they reduced it further now. whether its "enough" or "not enough" depend on each person's opinion.

Also, I don't care if it's in early access or not and I don't know why anyone should care.

do you think by the time ASE was out of Early access and become full it actually fixed all the bugs or was all that much different from when it was in EA ? xD  it was not.

if it is gonna be buggy, it will be buggy regardless of EA or not.

and if it take 1 year or 2 year, I don't care either,  as long as they regularly release a new map every 2-3 months, which I think they will.   I think it's well worth the 40$ for me.  (ofc I wait for the gameplay and some opinion on it on launch before final decision to make sure the improvement is worth it)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

I'm not surprised by the delay. I would much rather have a functional, more polished product. So I am glad they are taking the time to get it right and not rush it. As we all know, the reason we are so anxious for it, is because no other game out there compares. So remember that and try to have some patience. ;)

I would like to see them respond to the questions regarding the engram list. Are the engrams changing to have access to some of the QOL engrams that were added at some of the later map launches? Or are they going to run the same as original Ark? Ie: cryopods, egg incubator, net projectiles, maewings, etc. Or are you just not sure yet? 

The wait is indeed hard, but I am looking forward to many years of Asa and Ark 2 ganeplay in my future. We just love Ark so much, it is truly hard to be in limbo waiting, with not much more but a sneak peek at what is to come.

• Thanks 1

Early Access? This is the first time wildcard has mentioned that Ark Ascended will be in Early Access until late 2024. Some people have been playing Ark Survival Evolved on official servers since 2015. Wildcard is going to shut down official servers September 30th and only allow people to transfer their save data to private servers. Shouldn't Ark survival evolved official servers be going until Ark Ascended leaves Early Access? When Ark Ascended leaves early Access will it get a full server wipe? If so everyone may aswell just wait till late 2024 before they even bother playing Ark Ascended and by that time won't Ark 2 be out anyway? The way I see wildcard going at the moment Ark 2 won't even be released in 2024 and if it is it will definitely just be early access so everyone can expect to sink thousands of hours into that too just to have all their progress erased and time waisted. This is just my own opinion and if others feel differently voice your opinions. Wildcard needs to know how their player base feels and hopefully take into consideration everyone's opinions. We as a Ark community are very patient and we deserve better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

9 minutes ago, AlanGrant716 said:

While I can’t say I’m thrilled about the delay, I don’t see it as a bad thing. I’d much rather have a delayed, but better game, than a rushed pile of trash. Keep up the good work, Wildcard, and don’t listen to the haters. 

genesis 2 was delayed for a year and a half and is still one of the glitchiest ark dlcs :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Great when ark was originally released had 3 maps. OC had 2 clusters island always full center always full only option was to start on scorch.

Every other map release oc got 2, always maxed to the hilt on day 1 for first couple weeks.

Please 🙏🙏 don't F us over this time! Only 1 map at launch servers will be unplayable. Please plan ahead now.

15 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

Okay, everyone and their grandma knew there would be a delay, but honestly I don't care. We are getting Early Access, and from the looks of it ASA is still arriving in the near future. Oh, and the Revamp of the game's Early Tools, look great. This is all great news, looking forward to what lies ahead.

"the revamp of the tools looks great" lol. They havnt been revamped. They're exactly the same? Wow, some people are so easily pleased, or in ASA's case fooled lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, davetherave said:

it's going to be early access is that a joke? How can it possibly be early access? Is that because you know it's going to be broke as hell

If you read fully it will be out of early access when all the dlcs have been remastered. ASE is a finished product with 12 or 13 maps (I might have missed one). They can't call the remaster "Fully released" until all the current content from ASE is in ASA. It's not going to be like early ASE when the island had a hole in it, and wasn't even done and they announced and made scorched earth before release and everything was a buggier mess than it is even now.

What that does mean though if they follow the current pattern with Island and scorched is that we get a new map every 2-3 months. Pushing ASA fjordur for example all the way to between 24 and 39 months from the release of the island. So about 2-3 years. But hey we get the best story dlcs next year. 

😆 Ark 2 pre-order in 2027 on the Xbox Y and Playstation 6. (Joke)

• Thanks 2