Community Crunch 366: Introducing Fasolasuchus!

StudioWildcard

welcome_crunch2023-1.png

Hear the Deathworms tremble as they will no longer be the only ones dominating the sands of Scorched Earth when Fasolasuchus makes its grand entrance on ARK: Survival Ascended.  This giant sand-dweller will surely change the power dynamic of Scorched Earth.

Speaking of new creatures, don't forget to vote for Ragnarok's Community Creature before the vote closes on June 19th!

ASA_IntroducingFasolasuchus.png

Dossier_Fasolasuchus.jpg

Download in full resolution

ASA_Fasolasuchus.png

Common name: Fasolasuchus
Species: Fasolasuchus sabulonatator
Time: Late Triassic
Diet: Carnivore

Temperament: Aggressive (Ambusher)

wild_dossier.png

This wasteland’s full of surprises, and not exactly the good kind. There’s something out here that looks like Fasolasuchus, if those proto-crocs could swim through sand like water…

These beasts might pop up suddenly to ambush you, or swim around you fast enough to catch you in a sand-whirlpool. I can't stress enough how dangerous this deathtrap can be! Plus their tails are strong enough to whip up sand to blind predators and prey alike.

If you can help it, I recommend staying clear of those spikes. I think they’ve got acid glands at the base of their spiny fins, and in their mouths as well. Their caustic bite seems to melt through the thickest hide.

domesticated_dossier.png

One of these monster sand-swimmers would make a great mount, but good luck slowing down something that can shrug off most narcotics. You could try softening one up with explosives, grabbing a spike, and steering it into a rock… But you’d have to be a bit mental to try.

I imagine the adrenaline junkies able to tame a Fasolasuchus would earn themselves a formidable ride through these scorching sands. They seem to have adapted to fighting larger prey, so I'd advise any faso-rider to steer clear of packs of smaller creatures that can swarm over its defenses.

Community_creature_vote.png

Ragnarok_Community_Creature_Vote.jpg

It's a heated race to close out the Community Creature Vote and determine which entry will be crowned the winner!
You still have the weekend to vote for which creature will be added to Ragnarok for ARK: Survival Ascended!
The second round of voting ends on June 19th at 4 PM Pacific.

The winner* will be announced in the Crunch Friday, June 23rd, 2023.

GUIDELINES.png

• Rank the creatures in order of most preferred to least preferred
  • The vote is limited to 1 submission per person (duplicate entries will be discarded)

finalists.png

Below are the candidates that have made it into the final 10. Find out more information about the creature by clicking on the hyperlink attached to the name.

Overview of all the finalists here.

* Note that once the winner has been determined, we'll be reading through these threads and using them as inspiration for how the creature will be designed; aspects suggested may change.

Not loading? Click here

Powered by RankedVote

evoeventblue.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving an EVO Event! It will be active until Monday, June 19th.
All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

*Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game's standard 1x rates.

Official Servers: 3x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
Conquest: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon

ARKpocalyspe_title.png

ARKpocalyspe_art.jpg

ARKpocalypse and Beginner servers have been wiped today!

What are ARKpocalypse and Beginner Servers?

• ARKpocalypse are monthly-wipe servers with higher than usual rates.
  • Beginner servers are wiped periodically to help provide a fresh beginner experience for new players.

Next wipe:

• ARKpocalypse: July 14th 2023
  • Beginner: August 11th 2023

You can join them by searching in the server browser! Happy Surviving!

COMMUNITY_CORNER.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot Gallery | Artist Feedback Form

clipsandvideosblue.png

Creator: Goji Center

The indominus, rex, and spino are ALL at RISK on the arrival of this new colossal predator: ARK's Giga. Today we will put ARK's giga in both Isla Nublar and Sorna and see which of these two islands can fare better against this Giga. Will these predators be wiped out? or will they join forces to take out a new common foe?

Creator: Haxeu

Haxeu shows us who is fit for survival, even if you are solo. All you truly need is a doe and a bow (and massive skills).

fanartblue.png

Carno Art by Saprom

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_366_Saprom_192

IMMODERATUS by IMMODERATUS

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_366_IMMODERATU

Paleo Ark Carchar by izzybelladragon77

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_366_izzybellad

ARK Allosaurus by @tiknreg

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_366_tiknreg_19

Our stories will be remembered by @WolfTek7

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_366_WolfTek7_1

Ride by Fagua-Art

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_366_Fagua-Art_

Paleo Andrewsarchus by Unbrydled

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_366_Unbrydled_

acreenshotsblue.png

Early Morning Sun Rise by CorvoSnow

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_366_CorvoSnow_

Screenshot by OrcAaa

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_366_OrcAaa_192

Screenshot by サンシ

large.797194717_ARK_CommunityCrunch_366_

Enjoy your weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Official Wiki: ark.wiki.gg

View full article

Just now, RaephClark said:

Really excited for this new creature! It sounds like an amped-up version of Gargua's Concavenator from ARK: Additions!

Also imagine having a swarm of Concavenator guarding your Fasolasuchus as you ride your caravan through the scorching sands. It'll definitely be a force to be reconned with!

25 minutes ago, Vesdied said:

Literally just a beefier concavenator with extra steps lol.

Still a big fan. I was hoping for more paleo accuracy, but that's wishful thinking when it comes to ARK.

Yeah I would say that accuracy is not really necessary in any of these designs, as it is stated in lore that all the Ark's creatures are different species from the genera we know irl. Tyrannosaurs Dominion, Triceratops Styrak, and Utahraptor Prime are all species that never existed. 

• Like 4

Man I'm so hyped to mess around with Fasola in ASA now, thing looks awesome! Really love seeing how the abilities of community suggestions make the cut with a classic WC twist.

Really hoping to see Gigantoraptor get at least 2nd for the carchar ruling (where it's been 2nd place twice, so people clearly want it and it gets added separately) this vote, feel like it's something that will really improve the breeding experience in the game if mechanics translate. Hopefully it's just as fluffy and feathery in the official version too!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Vesdied said:

Literally just a beefier concavenator with extra steps lol.

Still a big fan. I was hoping for more paleo accuracy, but that's wishful thinking when it comes to ARK.

ark was never a dinosaur game even in 2015. sure, a selling point, but one look at a specimen implant or obelisk would say otherwise

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Facepalm 1

18 minutes ago, Shrekasaurus said:

Yeah I would say that accuracy is not really necessary in any of these designs, as it is stated in lore that all the Ark's creatures are different species from the genera we know irl. Tyrannosaurs Dominion, Triceratops Styrak, and Utahraptor Prime are all species that never existed. 

To be fair, even if they aren't beat for beat the same there's several creatures in game that are at least reasonably similar to their real world counterparts. Utahs (if you ignore the broken wrists), dire wolves, thylas, rhinos, bears, megalodons, sarcs, the list goes on. They'd do about what you'd expect the real things to do. Then they go balls to the wall and make things like araneos who spit silk (yes I know there's a species of spider that does this but at araneo's size they'd realistically just over power their prey and like modern bird spiders the sheer force of the bite and fang size would kill it before the venom had a chance to), deinonychus scaling sheer cliffs, and tropeos with the jaw power to grind hard objects to their base components. Wildcard's jumping the shark so hard it's kissing the stratosphere with some of their creatures.

Edited by CosmicSkeleton
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Wow, I’m really Impressed by this awesome creature like seriously this creature is super cool and is something I’m already loving a ton for sure! I would like to ask how you can submit a creature for the votes? In case if one’s does happen again I would like to submit something. Just hoping to get some help with that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JustCallMeAL said:

Wow, I’m really Impressed by this awesome creature like seriously this creature is super cool and is something I’m already loving a ton for sure! I would like to ask how you can submit a creature for the votes? In case if one’s does happen again I would like to submit something. Just hoping to get some help with that. 

step one: dont be new

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NOU123 said:

this vote has the most useless goobius pve creatures i have ever seen.

about two of them are useful.

yall best put dreadnoughtus and gigantoraptor at the top

Not everything's gotta be pvp geared. Some people just want something to help with QOL after getting the tek disabling baboon, night raid geared bat, and the all terrain dragonfly/reaper monstrosity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

To be fair, even if they aren't beat for beat the same there's several creatures in game that are at least reasonably similar to their real world counterparts. Utahs (if you ignore the broken wrists), dire wolves, thylas, rhinos, bears, megalodons, sarcs, the list goes on. They'd do about what you'd expect the real things to do. Then they go balls to the wall and make things like araneos who spit silk (yes I know there's a species of spider that does this but at araneo's size they'd realistically just over power their prey and like modern bird spiders the sheer force of the bite and fang size would kill it before the venom had a chance to), deinonychus scaling sheer cliffs, and tropeos with the jaw power to grind hard objects to their base components. Wildcard's jumping the shark so hard it's kissing the stratosphere with some of their creatures.

This is so true and so funny at parts.

• Like 1

Was the vote posted somewhere before this community crunch? In the last community crunch it said "voting open immediately" and so all week I kept watching for a new community crunch with the vote within as that's the only place I've ever seen the votes listed. I just saw this (and am not sure my vote is going through, it just seems to be stalling out without any confirmation that it went through?) and thus, if it ends Monday that's only 3 days for me to make sure to get my vote in. Which, I'm trying to vote right away...so long as it's actually taking it. There's some animals I've been dying to vote for in this and so have been ready to pounce to vote...but never saw it anywhere until now. For future reference: IS there somewhere else they are posted besides the community crunch? Should I be checking/voting there first?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LittleSpicyOreos said:

Was the vote posted somewhere before this community crunch? In the last community crunch it said "voting open immediately" and so all week I kept watching for a new community crunch with the vote within as that's the only place I've ever seen the votes listed. I just saw this (and am not sure my vote is going through, it just seems to be stalling out without any confirmation that it went through?) and thus, if it ends Monday that's only 3 days for me to make sure to get my vote in. Which, I'm trying to vote right away...so long as it's actually taking it. There's some animals I've been dying to vote for in this and so have been ready to pounce to vote...but never saw it anywhere until now. For future reference: IS there somewhere else they are posted besides the community crunch? Should I be checking/voting there first?

I was wondering the same thing... It wasn't there in the last crunch so, idk man, I'm just not going to vote, it is useless at this point, the vote seems rigged, #giant bison, or megaraptor. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1