Player getting into PVE bases and stealing eggs/killing players

Rkmpapillon

Hello, 

There is a player coming from another server and they somehow get into bases and steal fertilized eggs and/or kill other players and take items on their bodies. I’m assuming they’re glitching in because these bases are secure, doors locked and closed. I caught the player and they kept logging in and out once trapped/caught. Please tell me how this is happening and what can be done to stop it? We just made a tek forcefield, which will be turned on when incubating, but can’t be left on all the time atm (not enough element to support). I just really don’t like logging in to some rando in my secured base. Gives me the creeps. 

• Confused 1

hi, for the incubated eggs you are referring to, do you use the incubator or the classic method of fires and/or Dimetrodon?

I ask you why:

- If the eggs are placed on the ground near a wall their red glow will be seen outside and in some cases it is possible to collect them (for example by throwing something on the ground next to them and doing "collect all"); there are also other weirder but possible ways (I would avoid suggesting them) so if you don't use an Incubator you should check to put the eggs where they can't be approached from the outside (including above and below).

- if you use an Incubator instead: in PVE only the tribemates can access its inventory (tested on mine and others, I have my Incubators outside) so I would make sure it's not someone internally before possibly forwarding an Support ticket with evidence.

PS: Do you play on PC or Console?

6 hours ago, Rkmpapillon said:

There is a player coming from another server and they somehow get into bases and steal fertilized eggs and/or kill other players and take items on their bodies. I’m assuming they’re glitching in because these bases are secure, doors locked and closed. I caught the player and they kept logging in and out once trapped/caught. Please tell me how this is happening and what can be done to stop it? We just made a tek forcefield, which will be turned on when incubating, but can’t be left on all the time atm (not enough element to support). I just really don’t like logging in to some rando in my secured base. Gives me the creeps. 

In addition to the good information Cervantes gave you...

1) How do you know it's someone from another server? Has someone watched them doing it? Does someone in your tribe have video or at least screenshots? I think this might be something reportable to GM's, but if you're going to submit a report you will need more than just an opinion, it will be necessary to document that it's happening.

2) Logging in & out while trapped/caught doesn't make them guilty, they might just be logging in to see if they can escape your base. It's possible to glitch into a base without being able to glitch back out. For example, if a wall tile is attached to a weird snap point. It's happened to me, I've glitched into a base my mistake and couldn't get back out until someone left a door open.

3) Rather than trying a tek forcefield, it would be better to go through your base looking for glitchy snap points, or to see if you can find a way to sneak in through the mesh, IMO.

Obvious question - are you built on a spawn point?

7 hours ago, Rkmpapillon said:

or kill other players and take items on their bodies.

In PVE it should be impossible to kill a player (except by drowning)? Unless things have really changed since I played PVE. Taking things off of a sleeping person is certainly possible in PVP - but I cannot comment if inventory is locked on PVE.

This person you are referring to might be meshing into your base. I'd recommend putting your base on pillars to stop meshing from below (it's pve folks, don't do this in pvp) and double layered walls so if they glitch into the first wall they need to get through the second one. Then add a few turrets to shoot arthros they may bring and that's about all you can do.

46 minutes ago, SarraceniaUser said:

This person you are referring to might be meshing into your base. I'd recommend putting your base on pillars to stop meshing from below (it's pve folks, don't do this in pvp) and double layered walls so if they glitch into the first wall they need to get through the second one. Then add a few turrets to shoot arthros they may bring and that's about all you can do.

The only issue with raised up on pillars is there are ways to mesh into the floor.  Double walled insulation (1 tile spaced)from the floor to the ceiling is the best suggestion.

Edited by GrumpyBear