Community Crunch 360: Community Creature Vote Reveal, ASA Comparison, and More!

StudioWildcard

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, keiran70 said:

I knew they were doing the characters, just wasn't sure about the dinos, im glad they are though.

They haven't confirmed they are doing the dinos, it's just that if they are doing it for characters and other assets then it's highly likely it will include the dinos as they'd look rather out of place.

On 5/7/2023 at 10:18 PM, OverRannus said:

Honestly, people have been doing it since Gen 2's release, so it hasn't really been "in a heartbeat". It was that Ark 2 being delayed, ASA being announced as it's own game with its own price instead of an update to ASE (which they teased at), and ASE announced its official servers being shutdown and ending ark 1 broke the camel's back. This is just kinda an outcry to those who are upset that the game is over. Ppl have been doing it on Xbox since Gen 2's release with them leaving bad reviews on the game. I honestly expected this since ppl were mad about ark 2 announcement. Just leave it how it is, they announced it for those who didn't want Ark 2, so be happy with what were getting. Its sad for PVE players who worked so hard making awesome communities and building great bases on those servers but were getting a better, different game with awesome stuff and a fresh start, but if ppl continue fighting against this longer. They might just scrap the game entirely, then ppl will get really mad at those who complained and fought this.

This

I'm all for rebooting ARK in UE5 and I have no problem paying for it. This is way more exciting to me than Souls ARK 2. I just think an August release date might be very ambitious and I also think it might see a few delays. We are only 3 months out and all you feel comfortable showing off right now is a tree and a loot crate. This is not exactly keeping up the hype. At this stage you should be showing us a quick tour of a The Island beach showing us some glorious UE5 Dinos roaming around. I bet next time we get a static rendering of a rock 🤷‍♂️ I think it's best not to show anything until you have actually something to show.

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to this happening, no matter how much time it will take.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, keiran70 said:

Which is why I was asking.

I know that's why you were asking, and that's why I was answering that they haven't confirmed about dinos exactly. You won't get the devs coming to this thread and answering your question, so I just clarified what the current situation is.

Despite the fact the ASA costing money for almost all expansions, I'm still excited for it.  The Fasolasuchus seems like a great new addition to ark other than it being yet another giga counter. I hope this will be the final giga counter that ark will add as gigas will become near useless in PvP situations.  

Edited by YourLocalAlphaJolteon

Meet the Ark's newest carnivore. It's the Devosaurus. It's got a small brain but it can chew thru your base, kill your tames, and devour your money! Scream and run for your life if spotted. Makes the turkey mod look tame.  Sorry but it sounded funny lol.  Anyways does ASA support ray tracing and have you got computer specs yet?

Мышь_20[1].tpn.jpg

What have they said in regards to ark ascended being redone in UE5 for the purpose of tying in ark 1 with ark 2... i mean every time i mentioned a tie-in everyone i said it to replied with "well you cant make them the same client, one is UE4 and one is UE5.. " well now they wont be.. seems to me that if this is WC's plan they might wanna announce that asap because things are looking kinda bleak // greedy // pointless for ark 1 remake

On 5/5/2023 at 10:46 PM, OverRannus said:

I'm SO HAPPY that the Jumper spider didn't win, I'm sad that the Gorgonops or Gigantoraptor didn't win, but Falso was in my top 4 (I chanced the Miap). But this thing looks like a descendent of the magmasaur, I hope this thing is as strong as a magma or has a platform saddle or has a special ability or can bury itself in sand.  Anyway, this creature will be awesome, we need more lizards. The last one we had was the Magmasaur and the one before that was the Megalania that doesn't fly or glide, not counting drakes, wyverns, dinosaurs or synapsids (mammal-like reptiles) as lizards, a new lizard will do us good.

As for ASA, I'm excited!!!! I was mad when it was first announced to be a different game, but I was still gonna buy it(and partially resent it), no resentment now. I am mad at ppl who ditched the game because of servers closing or the game having a price, I understand pve players with all the work you is gonna be destroyed, I've dealt with it in other games. But Ark 1 has ran a good life of 8 years. I've watched since early access in 2015 being played by the Gaming Beaver and Poet Plays and played since official release in 2017. But it is time to wave off ark 1 and tame many Sky Giga and look toward the horizon of ASA and Ark 2. ASA will be a better Ark with all the same stuff but have better detail and new tames. I will buy ASA and play it and learn the new style of ASA survival.

I wanted the prosauropod dude (don’t remember what it’s called). But fasalo was second on my list. The spider was an oddity and I sorta see the appeal but like I feel like we can have something better than a raptor with a word taming method and a big jump. I just really want some more platform saddles, which is probably the only reason fasalo was so high on my list. I didn’t think of it like that, we haven’t had a new lizard since thre magmasaur. I personally wouldn’t say it’s a lizard but it is sorta, but the last one we got before magma being the megalania really puts that into perspective. I’ve been watching people play ark since before rag (that’s how far I can think) and finally got a ps4 a month or so after Val launched. Then built a pc last year with one game in mind. Now we look to a new game. As someone who hadn’t bought all the DLCs (on steam, can’t say the same for PS) I’m glad they are going to be free with ASA. Can’t wait to see new optimizations and everything. You know the maewing is actually unusable on ps4? It moves so fast it can’t render in new places. Gen2 was fun.. They’re only releasing ASA to next gen consoles but hopefully with ur5 optimizations they will be able go a little longer before saturating our consoles capabilities. As of now, ARK2 is coming out at the same time as next-next-gen pc hardware and I really hope that stuff won’t be necessary to run it. Looking forward to the future of ark and optimisations and hope profits *cough* snail *cough* don’t get in the way of making the best game the team at wildcard can make. 

Edited by StrandedAndStoopid

I would be interested to know if ASA supports VR.
Not as a separate game, but where you can choose whether you want to play with mouse/keyboard, controller or VR. (Glasses and/or body movements)

I hope that WC also tells something about it.

I do not know myself with it, would play something like that already very gladly with glasses and if I could then still occasionally zocken with body use that would also be no disadvantage.

I think that I would probably actually get that for Ark.

On 5/7/2023 at 11:33 PM, Frack said:

so 8 years and done? Maybe you should email Ultima Online and tell the to stop updating and selling copies after 20 years...

Ultima Online

Released: 1997 | Latest update: June 27, 2018

Ultima Online has a storied history, beginning with perhaps the greatest moment in PC gaming ever (and a Guinness World Record to boot): the assassination of producer Richard Garriott's avatar, the nigh-invulnerable Lord British, during a beta stress test in 1997. The fantasy MMO with a player-driven economy and a heavy focus on PvP drew in more than 100,000 players by 1998 (another Guinness World Record), and over 20 years later it's still being updated with new content and expansions. There's still a small but active community playing on a daily basis.

Its grand ambitions and complex systems allowed for a lot of exploits and griefing by players, particular when it came to murder and theft, though its expansions added zones where players can't kill one another and did a lot to discourage griefing. There's still great nostalgia for those early, brutal days of back-stabbing and skullduggery, the likes of which have never quite been matched.

Thank you, there are games out there who update and don't do what WC is trying to do. I play a game also called Dino Storm Been around since 2012. They have been around for awhile and is still free. They don't have to do this.

Edited by ladymarina
  • Like 3

On 5/7/2023 at 9:30 AM, Joebl0w13 said:

So... everything. You know their plans for ASE. It's being dropped, you can download the old official maps, all official servers are getting the plug pulled and they will no longer updated the ASE code base. That game is effectively dead. 

You know what ASA is and how much it will cost. You know the old dusty consoles won't be able to play it.

Because it won't be any better. Those 10 year old devices will be left out to pasture. You already know this because they have communicated it.

There's only one thing they haven't given details on and that's how or even if the older consoles will be able to play the old official map saves in single player. Everything else has been covered.

Then vote with your wallet and don't buy anymore of their games. That's all you can do.

Joe WC/SG games can't even fix the game before they just drop it. What makes you think they will be any different with the games they are to sell you now? Those other game companies are not taking a game they  have that is glitchy, broken etc. and leaving there players who spent hours  on there servers to just wipe them and give no concerns whatsoever. Just say we are a minority. They haven't said anything about how they will make these problems rectified. Nothing at all. 

Hmm Buy with my wallet I think 🚫. They need to stop being one-sided. Ok go on to next gen consoles. I don't care. The game shouldn't be 60 dollars. 

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, ladymarina said:

Joe WC/SG games can't even fix the game before they just drop it. What makes you think they will be any different with the games they are to sell you now? Those other game companies are not taking a game they  have that is glitchy, broken etc. and leaving there players who spent hours  on there servers to just wipe them and give no concerns whatsoever. Just say we are a minority. They haven't said anything about how they will make these problems rectified. Nothing at all. 

Hmm Buy with my wallet I think 🚫. They need to stop being one-sided. Ok go on to next gen consoles. I don't care. The game shouldn't be 60 dollars. 

Like I said. If you don’t agree with what they are doing, don’t give them your money. That’s the only option a consumer truly has in the world.

The consumer has all the power. They rarely exercise it. They usually just give up/give in and roll with the punches. It’s the consumer that perpetuates the status quo, not the corporations. 

Edited by Joebl0w13
  • Like 1