ASA Maps Size

Juddt23

13 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

This is, at most, worthy of being a $10-$15 DLC, no one should fall for the scam of calling it a new game, that's just marketing lies.

They did? When? Where do you get that idea?

As far as we know they're all going to be the exact same size in ASA as they are in ASE.

First of all, it's not, cause IT'S A NEW GAME. It has unique content coming on release. Therefore, IT'S A NEW GAME.  So just call it what it is. Also if this was true, then HALO, JWE, SMASH BROS, some Nintendo game, and plenty of other should be $10-$15 DLCs, but then you deal with major overloading issues and crashes and lag to the point of being unplayable, your argument of being a scam or only worth $10-$15 DLC is flawed.

Second, thank you for correcting my bad writing, I forgot to put probably down in my comment. And I did after you brought it up, thank you.

Edited by OverRannus
  • Facepalm 3

On 5/9/2023 at 6:18 PM, OverRannus said:

First of all, it's not, cause IT'S A NEW GAME.

Except it's not a new game, no matter how many times WC says it is, they're just telling a bald faced lie and hoping people will fall for it. It's nothing more than a little bit of new content slapped on top of the existing game, that's not by any stretch of the imagination a "new game".

It's going to be 95% the original game with, at most, if we're being really generous, 5% new content. Just because WC says it's new doesn't mean that's true, you need to stop believing their marketing lies.

It has unique content coming on release. Therefore, IT'S A NEW GAME.

Sorry but no, that's a bad argument. Unique content doesn't automatically make something a new game. Every DLC WC has published has had some unique content, just like this will, and none of them have been new games, they've all been DLC for the existing game. Adding a little bit of new content to a game does not make it a new game.

So just call it what it is.

I am calling it what it is, and that is a scam, a con, a money grab, a grift to get money from suckers.

Calling it a $10-$15 DLC is already being generous, in reality it's a good, old fashioned rip off.

Also if this was true, then HALO, JWE, SMASH BROS, some Nintendo game, and plenty of other should be $10-$15 DLCs

Well yeah, that's true, there have been plenty of "new games" that are just a lie, they're not new games at all. If people are dumb enough to pay full price for a fake-new game that's their own fault.

but then you deal with major overloading issues and crashes and lag to the point of being unplayable, your argument of being a scam or only worth $10-$15 DLC is flawed.

That doesn't even make sense. If it's unplayable then it would be worth $0, even paying $10-$15 would be too much.

Second, thank you for correcting my bad writing, I forgot probably down in the comment. And I did, thank you.

You're welcome.

Edited by Pipinghot

1 hour ago, Pipinghot said:

Except it's not a new game, no matter how many times WC says that it is, they're just telling a bad faced lie and hoping people fall for it. It's nothing more than a little bit of new content slapped on top of the existing game, that's not by any stretch of the imagination a "new game".

It's going to be 95% the original game with, at most, if we're being really generous, 5% new content. Just because WC says it's new doesn't mean that's true, you need to stop believing their marketing lies.

Sorry but no, that's a bad argument. Unique content doesn't automatically make something a new game. Every DLC WC has published has had some unique content, just like this will, and none of them have been new games, they've all been DLC for the existing game. Adding a little bit of new content to a game does not make it a new game.

I am calling it what it is, and that is a scam, a con, a money grab, a grift to get money from suckers.

Calling it a $10-$15 DLC is already being generous, in reality it's a good, old fashioned rip off.

Well yeah, that's true, there have been plenty of "new games" that are just a lie, they're not new games at all. If people are dumb enough to pay full price for a fake-new game that's their own fault.

That doesn't even make sense. If it's unplayable then it would be worth $0, even paying $10-$15 would be too much.

You're welcome.

JWE2 is basically the exact same as JWE, but it's a great sequel/not sequel game, even though it there's little difference to either when it released. It was the little bit of new content at the beginning that made it exceed the original in popularity. Even though ASE sequel ASA might not have much data and might not have a lot of difference from the original right now, but the little bit of content might make this game worth it for every penny. JWE2 was for sure and definitely wasn't a lie, I've played both so I know. You're calling it a scam right now from the little we know of it. But if it turns out to be better than the original. Would it have then been a scam?

Your right that it wouldn't be worth more than $0, that's why they make new games that are kind-of-remakes. So they don't kill devices that their customers are using and at the same time, make more, better content so the players can enjoy it. And to take a game like Ark (very big, has a lot bug of bugs and barely fit a new creature and not have it explode) and fix errors, redesign everything and add new content and creatures all the while making the game smaller isn't easy or cheap. So they have put a price on it as if its a new game, because that is what it is. 

Finally, If you knew other companies did this and you looked at Ark and said nah, wildcard has to be different and would never try to remake the game and you bought it, than why did you buy this game only to know in a later time that they would do something very similar to these other major companies. From official release, it already had a literal remake off the game and changed called ATLAS, even the cheat codes from Ark work on ATLAS exactly the same.

My point is, don't judge a book by its cover. ASA might have more changes than your giving it credit for. Wait until it releases to see if its scam, if it is, it is. But if isn't... You might've dug your own grave by calling it a "scam".

Edited by OverRannus

15 hours ago, OverRannus said:

Even though ASE sequel ASA

It's not a sequel, it's a copy/paste. You're clearly confused about what "new" means. New is when people sit down and do the work to create it from the beginning, it does not mean that they copy/paste the game into UE5 and then change a few pictures.

If an author writes a book, then copy/pastes that book, changes the title and slaps a new cover on it, that's not a new book. Even if they change the first chapter it's still not a new book.

Many sequels lean heavily on the original, that's normal. It happens in books, movies, games, etc. But no matter how you try to twist things ASA is not new, it cannot be honestly described as a sequel. It's a copy/paste of ARK with a tiny amount of new stuff.

There was more new content in The Center DLC than in ASA.

There was more new content in Scorched than in ASA.

There was more new content in Ragnarok than in ASA.

There was more new content in... hopefully you get the idea.

ASA has less new content than any of the DLC's, even the bad ones. Even if you stretch your imagination as hard as it will go ASA is not a new game. It's a copy/paste of ARK into UE5 with a tiny amount of new content, less than any of the DLC's.

Even though ASE sequel ASA might not have much data and might not have a lot of difference from the original right now, but the little bit of content might make this game worth it for every penny.

Only if you have more money than sense. There is less new content in ASA than in any of the DLC's, which means it's worth less than any of the DLC's. That's what makes ASA a con, it's not new, it's a copy/paste.

JWE2 was for sure and definitely wasn't a lie, I've played both so I know.

That depends on how they created JWE2. If they just copy/pasted JWE into JWE2, with a few tiny changes, and then charged full price then JWE2 was a scam and you fell for it. If they published JWE2 the same way that WC is publishing ASA then it should have had the price tag of a DLC, not a full game.

No matter how much you enjoyed them, and you have every right to enjoy a game as much as you want, I'm not trying to tell you want to enjoy, what we're discussing here is whether they actually created a sequel or just copy/pasted the old game into a new title. Again, if an author copy/pasted a book and then only changes one chapter and the cover, that's not a new book. Likewise copy/pasting a game with tiny changes is not a new game, no matter how many times they try to lie about it.

You're calling it a scam right now from the little we know of it.

Right, because based on what we know, which is everything WC has told us, it's definitely a scam (so far). When something is announced as a scam the only thing to do is call it what it is.

Your right that it wouldn't be worth more than $0, that's why they make new games that are kind-of-remakes. So they don't kill devices that their customers are using and at the same time, make more, better content so the players can enjoy it. And to take a game like Ark (very big, has a lot bug of bugs and barely fit a new creature and not have it explode) and fix errors, redesign everything and add new content and creatures all the while making the game smaller isn't easy or cheap. So they have put a price on it as if its a new game, because that is what it is.

You have clearly misunderstood what's happening, they're not doing any of those things. They are not going to "fix errors", they are not going to "redesign everything" and they are not going to "make the game smaller". None of those things are happening, and that's the point. The only thing on that list that's going to happen is they are going to "add new content and creatures". You know... just like they've done in all of the other DLC's.

On the date when ASA is published it's going to be ASE copy/pasted into UE5. Those things you're talking about might happen in the future but they are not going to happen before ASA is rolled out.

From official release, it already had a literal remake off the game and changed called ATLAS, even the cheat codes from Ark work on ATLAS exactly the same.

Ok, let's talk about that for a minute. Atlas was an attempt to use the code base from ASE and use it to create a new game. Even though the code base was the same and even though the console commands were the same, Atlas qualifies as a "different" or "new" game. Atlas had a different story, Atlas had different lore, Atlas had many differences in the game play from ASE. It was obvious that Atlas was created from the same code base, but it was different enough that it counts as a different or new game.

ASA will have none of these. It will just be a copy/paste that plays exactly the same as ASE.

Atlas is an example of how a company can re-use a code base to create a different game, which is exactly what they are not doing with ASA.

My point is, don't judge a book by its cover.

You have that backwards, you're judging ASA by it's cover. They're slapping new skins on ARK, that doesn't make it a new game.

I'm judging it by the substance, by the game mechanics and the game play. Same story copy/pasted. Same Lore copy/pasted. Same taming copy/pasted. Same maps copy/pasted. Same harvesting copy/pasted. Same armor copy/pasted. Same weapons copy/pasted. Same caves copy/pasted. Same artifacts copy/pasted. Same bosses copy/pasted.

ASA will play the same because it is the same, it's nothing more than a copy/paste of ASE in UE5, that's the truth of what they're doing.

ASA might have more changes than your giving it credit for.

It won't, and no one should believe that it will.

If it was going to have more changes, if they had been doing "a lot" of work on ASA, we would have already seen evidence of it. There would have been months of images and videos from the process, starting with concept art and progressing into examples of real game play. None of that has happened, there is zero evidence of work being done on ASA before a month ago.

ASA will have a pretty new cover, but inside it will be the exact same book.

Now, having said that, WC might surprise me and every other critic, they might pull a rabbit out of their hat and publish a miracle and if that miracle happens I'll be happy to change my mind. But based on everything they've said and done so far there's no reason to believe that's going to happen. Everything they've said and done so far is a bunch of marketing lies that informs us ASA is going to be an overpriced scam.

Wait until it releases to see if its scam, if it is, it is. But if isn't... You might've dug your own grave by calling it a "scam".

If WC pulls off a miracle that answer could change. As of today, as of right now, it's a scam.

Edited by Pipinghot
  • Thanks 1

@Pipinghot - ITO "new content" compared to prior DLC releases - I think you have nailed that! It is advertised as the "same game" but with "re-mastered" content. Depending on where you are sat - that may be worth some $. If you on console - yeah - maybe - if you are on "real" Ark = Steam then maybe not? 

The crux is twofold -

One being that nobody (probably including Wildcard at this moment) knows what will actually be released! (so all opinions here are subject to correction)
Two being "will you pay a full release price for a re-mastered game". Because I must agree that ALL of the stuff in ASA seems to point to "re-mastered", with the notable exception of an effort to help console peeps in terms of mods.

The elephant in the room is ASA is no available on steam yet (unlike Ark 2 - which is published, but you can't buy it). And it is like 90 days to stated release date .................. All ways from Friday indicates "trouble down mill", or in plain English a "MessUP" (spelt with an F and a u ....)!

1 hour ago, DirkInSA said:

@Pipinghot - ITO "new content" compared to prior DLC releases - I think you have nailed that! It is advertised as the "same game" but with "re-mastered" content.

Yeah, and if people are being honest this doesn't even count as remastered. The vast majority of ASE will simply be imported (copy/pasted) into UE5, which in no way counts as being remastered. Importing is not remastering.

Some of the graphical assets (like the example of the supply crate that they recently showed in Community Crunch 359) might quality as remastered, but if they're going to launch ASA in 3 months then most graphical assets won't. In addition to the fact that the code that runs the game and the game mechanics will be the existing code, even some or most of the graphical assets won't be new. Having said that, I'm sure they'll be remastering most or all of the graphics in future patches, but not at the time of launch. People will be paying for a game that is barely changed.

One being that nobody (probably including Wildcard at this moment) knows what will actually be released!

Agreed, which is a big part of the point I've been making. If WC had done "a lot" of work on ASA going back 12-18 months then they would know a great deal about what will be released because they would have a lot of work already completed, but they don't know because they haven't been doing that work. The reality is they only started doing serious work on ASA about a month ago when they announced ASA would cost money and now they're scrambling like crazy to try to justify whey they're charging money for a copy/paste into UE5.

(so all opinions here are subject to correction)

Well... sort of. What will change is that as they get closer to release they'll have more graphical assets ready to show off as being new or updated, but that doesn't change the fact that they're scrambling to do some work in an attempt to justify their scam. What is subject to change will be the amount of work product they produce, but what will not be subject to change is how dishonest they were when they announced ASA in the first place.

Two being "will you pay a full release price for a re-mastered game". Because I must agree that ALL of the stuff in ASA seems to point to "re-mastered", with the notable exception of an effort to help console peeps in terms of mods.

Which is something they could do at any time. Adding mod support for consoles has nothing to do with which version of the game people are playing, it has nothing to do with ASA. They're just trying to pretend that it's part of ASA as part of their attempts to justify the price tag. This is especially true when we consider that they're going to be charging for premium mods and taking 50% of what people pay. Gaming platforms like Steam, GoG and Epic charge 30%, but WC wants to charge mod makers 50%.

But regardless of the cost, if WC cared about supporting mods for consoles they could do it at any time, it has nothing to do with ASA. That's one of those marketing lies I've been talking about.

The elephant in the room is ASA is no available on steam yet (unlike Ark 2 - which is published, but you can't buy it).

Sorry, I don't understand that comment. ARK2 has not even been created, much less published. As far as anyone knows ARK2 is vaporware and doesn't exist at all. Have I misunderstanding what you're saying?

And it is like 90 days to stated release date .................. All ways from Friday indicates "trouble down mill", or in plain English a "MessUP" (spelt with an F and a u ....)!

It will be interesting/amusing/horrifying to see what kind of mess they publish. They're desperate for money so they'll probably publish it (and charge people) even if it's a complete pile of garbage.

• Like 1

On Sept 1st. I spend a couple hours downloading 500 gb of ASA, start it up, get to survivor create screen, oh wow! Real Human looking females/males , create Bob.

Bob goes in razzle-dazzle -- pop -  he's on the Island.. cool there is the Red Obelisk, just like before .. turn around to look and BAM! Raptor kills Bob... hmmmm 

Go back in , don't get killed , 'E' some berry's, some fiber, stone.. smack a tree barehanded get some thatch, finally a piece of wood,  hit 'V' , make a pick, boom hit Lvl 2. All at once I see a glowing light in the sky, green, sparkly new lighting effects (thanks UE5), run over and see a wildly new design of a 'supply drop' , try to access inventory, it tells me level is too low... darn... all at once I bounce all around , blood splatters (new realistic looking blood), I'm  dead to a Carno..

So, am I playing ASE or ASA???

Edited by Frack
spelling
  • Like 4

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Frack said:

On Sept 1st. I spend a couple hours downloading 500 gb of ASA, start it up, get to survivor create screen, oh wow! Real Human looking females/males , create Bob.

Bob goes in razzle-dazzle -- pop -  he's on the Island.. cool there is the Red Obelisk, just like before .. turn around to look and BAM! Raptor kills Bob... hmmmm 

Go back in , don't get killed , 'E' some berry's, some fiber, stone.. smack a tree barehanded get some thatch, finally a piece of wood,  hit 'V' , make a pick, boom hit Lvl 2. All at once I see a glowing light in the sky, green, sparkly new lighting effects (thanks UE5), run over and see a wildly new design of a 'supply drop' , try to access inventory, it tells me level is too low... darn... all at once I bounce all around , blood splatters (new realistic looking blood), I'm  dead to a Carno..

So, am I playing ASE or ASA???

image.jpeg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

image.jpeg

it will definingly be Groundhog Day , maybe even on steroids.  Wonder how long it will take those of us with thousands of hours of being Bob, to put down enough piers to tick the server off   

really want them to move the Taxidermy Tool and the Taxidermy Base to The Island  ....       hate to wait for them

Edited by Frack
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Sorry, I don't understand that comment. ARK2 has not even been created, much less published. As far as anyone knows ARK2 is vaporware and doesn't exist at all. Have I misunderstanding what you're saying?

If you search Ark on Steam there is an entry for "Ark 2". It don't say much - but it is there as a Steam thing .........

6 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

If you search Ark on Steam there is an entry for "Ark 2". It don't say much - but it is there as a Steam thing .........

Ok, I think I see what you're saying now.

WC hasn't even bothered to put up a Steam page for ASA yet even though they're claiming it's going to available in 3 months, which is interesting and amusing when you compare it to ARK2 which doesn't exist and yet they've had a page for it on Steam for a long time.

• Like 2

• Volunteer Moderator
17 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

Ok, I think I see what you're saying now.

WC hasn't even bothered to put up a Steam page for ASA yet even though they're claiming it's going to available in 3 months, which is interesting and amusing when you compare it to ARK2 which doesn't exist and yet they've had a page for it on Steam for a long time.

Maybe ASA isn't on Steam yet because there's no trailer or images to put up on the store page?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, GP said:

Maybe ASA isn't on Steam yet because there's no trailer or images to put up on the store page?

Agreed. Apparently one month isn't enough time to desperately start working on ASA and also prepare PR materials.

Then again, since ASA is basically just a copy/paste of ASE they could do the same thing with the Steam page. Just change the name and *boom* marketing lie achieved.

Edited by Pipinghot
  • Sad 1

On 5/10/2023 at 8:51 AM, Pipinghot said:

It's not a sequel, it's a copy/paste. You're clearly confused about what "new" means. New is when people sit down and do the work to create it from the beginning, it does not mean that they copy/paste the game into UE5 and then change a few pictures.

If an author writes a book, then copy/pastes that book, changes the title and slaps a new cover on it, that's not a new book. Even if they change the first chapter it's still not a new book.

Many sequels lean heavily on the original, that's normal. It happens in books, movies, games, etc. But no matter how you try to twist things ASA is not new, it cannot be honestly described as a sequel. It's a copy/paste of ARK with a tiny amount of new stuff.

There was more new content in The Center DLC than in ASA.

There was more new content in Scorched than in ASA.

There was more new content in Ragnarok than in ASA.

There was more new content in... hopefully you get the idea.

ASA has less new content than any of the DLC's, even the bad ones. Even if you stretch your imagination as hard as it will go ASA is not a new game. It's a copy/paste of ARK into UE5 with a tiny amount of new content, less than any of the DLC's.

Only if you have more money than sense. There is less new content in ASA than in any of the DLC's, which means it's worth less than any of the DLC's. That's what makes ASA a con, it's not new, it's a copy/paste.

That depends on how they created JWE2. If they just copy/pasted JWE into JWE2, with a few tiny changes, and then charged full price then JWE2 was a scam and you fell for it. If they published JWE2 the same way that WC is publishing ASA then it should have had the price tag of a DLC, not a full game.

No matter how much you enjoyed them, and you have every right to enjoy a game as much as you want, I'm not trying to tell you want to enjoy, what we're discussing here is whether they actually created a sequel or just copy/pasted the old game into a new title. Again, if an author copy/pasted a book and then only changes one chapter and the cover, that's not a new book. Likewise copy/pasting a game with tiny changes is not a new game, no matter how many times they try to lie about it.

Right, because based on what we know, which is everything WC has told us, it's definitely a scam (so far). When something is announced as a scam the only thing to do is call it what it is.

You have clearly misunderstood what's happening, they're not doing any of those things. They are not going to "fix errors", they are not going to "redesign everything", they are not going to "add new content and creatures" and they are not going to "make the game smaller". None of those things are happening, and that's the point.

On the date when ASA is published it's going to be ASE copy/pasted into UE5. Those things you're talking about might happen in the future but they are not going to happen before ASA is rolled out.

Ok, let's talk about that for a minute. Atlas was an attempt to use the code base from ASE and use it to create a new game. Even though the code base was the same and even though the console commands were the same, Atlas qualifies as a "different" or "new" game. Atlas had a different story, Atlas had different lore, Atlas had many differences in the game play from ASE. It was obvious that Atlas was created from the same code base, but it was different enough that it counts as a different or new game.

ASA will have none of these. It will just be a copy/paste that plays exactly the same as ASE.

Atlas is an example of how a company can re-use a code base to create a different game, which is exactly what they are not doing with ASA.

You have that backwards, you're judging ASA by it's cover. They're slapping new skins on ARK, that doesn't make it a new game.

I'm judging it by the substance, by the game mechanics and the game play. Same story copy/pasted. Same Lore copy/pasted. Same taming copy/pasted. Same maps copy/pasted. Same harvesting copy/paste, etcetera

ASA will play the same because it is the same, it's nothing more than a copy/paste of ASE in UE5, that's the truth of what they're doing.

It won't, and no one should believe that it will.

If it was going to have more changes, if they had been doing "a lot" of work on ASA, we would have already seen evidence of it. There would have been months of images and videos from the process, starting with concept art and progressing into examples of real game play. None of that has happened, there is zero evidence of work being done on ASA before a month ago.

ASA will have a pretty new cover, but inside it will be the exact same book.

Now, having said that, WC might surprise me and every other critic, they might pull a rabbit out of their hat and publish a miracle and if that miracle happens I'll be happy to change my mind. But based on everything they've said and done so far there's no reason to believe that's going to happen. Everything they've said and done so far is a bunch of marketing lies that informs us ASA is going to be an overpriced scam.

If WC pulls off a miracle that answer could change. As of today, as of right now, it's a scam.

Charlotte's Web, Superman, Batman, Godzilla, King Kong, Ocean's Eleven, War of the Worlds, The Mummy 1999, Dune and even Lil Shop of Horrors and Homeward Bound

All of these movies had or were remakes that did and for some were better than the original (Homeward Bound was a remake of an older film called the Incredible Journey and Little Shop of Horrors from 1986 was a remake of one from 1960, The Mummy was originally from 1930s before the 1999 one but you never hear of the originals in any of these cases). You also told me also if someone just takes a book and changes a very little amount of the and puts a new cover on and call it a remake it the basically what ASA is, well books have this happen a lot with amazing classics. Every couple decades don't you know.

Also the Center DLC had nothing. Primitive Plus DLC, and new Dinos added in an update, and the Center DLC were all separate things that came at the same time. All the Center Added was the map.

If no one did remakes of these because they would be "scams" we would be stuck with Batman and Superman in cheap tights from the 1950s and 60s and old films that died fast in the world today. Maybe ASA will be the same as ASE in some ways, but it will definitely be better than the original in many other ways.

No, I am not judging it, it's called being optimistic about it, having feeling or hope that this game isn't what your saying it is isn't judging the game, I have hope it isn't a scam and using evidence to try to show it isn't, you on the other hand are judging, calling it a scam with no real proof to your statement at all except the porting of models and keeping some mechanics the same way (and that is still very easily could be disproven for the porting). While what I've said has evidence from the developers and how UE5 works besides my opinion on the maps. Also Atlas is equally as much of scam as ASA would because even though it was a "new" game with later added different lore and story to Ark, it was a Remastered Ark with a new map(now maps as in two), slight changes to the looks of the models and boats, besides that everything else it was the exact same, same plant models from Ark, same rigs for their creatures that first came in and to later ones too as Arks, same abilities for most of the ported creatures too, same harvestings mechanic and and passive taming mechanics, and even same menus as ark (like for real?), you can even (when using cheat code GFI) get The Exact Same resources like flint, stone and wood from Ark's game with Arks resources images on the stacks that are absolutely useless in Atlas. you can't call one new and the other a scam if the "new" game stole 60-80% (that's being soft on Atlas) of their content and mechanics and even data from a game that isn't relevant to it at all in story or otherwise to Ark, you also have been harping on how you hate WC for making ASA what in your eyes, a scam, while on the other hand you defend something that is the exact same thing and closer to what you said the former was than the former. ASA is allowed to port models from the original and change them and keep the same mechanics from ASE because it is a remake/remastering parts/actually new version (as what a remake means) of Ark that is relevant to the Ark and its Universe. To change everything including models and mechanics and make it all from scratch wouldn't make a remake but a sequel which we are already getting. ASA isn't supposed to be a sequel, it is supposed to be a remake/new (new version at least to said) game in the Ark universe. Remastering is also true for ASA as well because remaster means to change sound quality, lighting or pixels for better detail in the type of remastering, not gameplay or graphics, a movie on VHS can be remastered to DVD, but the DVD won't add new thing or change the move from live action to computer animated or paper animated or add new details on something. Remaking means to make anew or in a different form, to Transform, Modify, Recast or Replicate. Remastering and Remaking work hand in hand, not either or. So basically you have arguing about the wrong thing and ASA is truly a Remake of ASE. Said and done with that. ASA isn't a lie, WC was telling the truth. And you were doing was confused about the word they used.

I did understand you, but I didn't bring it up because that is a bald face lie, they literally just did a vote for a new creature to be added in on the release for the SE map which comes on the ASA release, we get a new map with it. They've shown us what they've changed starting with smaller stuff. UE5 doesn't need as much storage as UE4 did for models and maps and would be able redesign the looks of previously said models and maps and still not need the same amount of storage. And You clearly misunderstood me when I said wouldn't work because if you did you probably would have thought about you on an old gen console owning an ASE that didn't work and you would be unable to play any type of ARK at all for those on old gen consoles. In my opinion right now from everything we talked and heard about, I'd prefer a new remake of Ark with some new content at the start and a little or a lot less glitches and didn't come on old gen consoles and ASE separate to it over an even more broken ASE or one that would be in UE5 with no new creatures but wouldn't get anymore content or changes than that after that update as the developers said would've happened if they did ASA only as an Update or DLC to ASE.

Edited by OverRannus

This topic post as it went from if ASA maps could be larger than the originals to a debate about how everyone is either excited or mad about ASA.

My opinion about the topic is that they probably did but only slightly for story maps. And possibly could be double the size for official community created maps. But there is no evidence to this, so we just don't know.

Edited by OverRannus

12 hours ago, OverRannus said:

Charlotte's Web, Superman, Batman, Godzilla, King Kong, Ocean's Eleven, War of the Worlds, The Mummy 1999, Dune and even Lil Shop of Horrors and Homeward Bound

All of these movies had or were remakes that did and for some were better than the original (Homeward Bound was a remake of an older film called the Incredible Journey and Little Shop of Horrors from 1986 was a remake of one from 1960, The Mummy was originally from 1930s before the 1999 one but you never hear of the originals in any of these cases)

You're proving my point for me. All of your examples are actual remakes, which is not what ASA is going to be.

When someone does a remake they have to, you know, make it. They don't just copy/paste, change the name, change the cover and slap on a few new skins, which is what ASA is going to be.

If no one did remakes of these because they would be "scams" we would be stuck with Batman and Superman in cheap tights from the 1950s and 60s and old films that died fast in the world today. Maybe ASA will be the same as ASE in some ways, but it will definitely be better than the original in many other ways.

They wouldn't be scams, because someone actually made them. If took the original print of Incredible Journey, renamed it Homeward bound, and tried to publish it as a remake then everyone, including you, would all that a scam, and that's what they're doing with ASA.

If you're happy to pay someone for copy/pasting their own game into a new title that's your business, but it's still not a remake, not a sequel, not even a remaster. That's just WC telling marketing lies.

No, I am not judging it, it's called being optimistic about it, you on the other hand are judging

Wow, word twisting much? I'm judging it negatively, you're judging it positively, those are both "judging it". When you try to play word games like this you're not doing yourself any favors.

calling it a scam with no real proof to your statement

The proof is in what WC has announced, it's their own words, their own description of what planning and doing. So unless you want to argue that WildCard's own announcements are untrue they've already announced to the world the evidence of what they're doing. The proof is their own words.

except the porting of models and keeping some mechanics the same way

No, they're keeping all of the "mechanics the same way", not "some" of them, all of them. Any changes to game mechanics they've announced (like improved pathing) are built into UE5, WildCard is not doing any of the work for that improved mechanic other than importing their game into UE5.

(and that is still very easily could be disproven for the porting).

If that's true then go ahead and do it. Looking forward to you "easily" proving it.

While what I've said has evidence from the developers and how UE5 works besides my opinion on the maps.

Thank you for reinforcing one of the points I've been making.

When WildCard imports ARK into UE5 there will be improvements that are created by running the game under UE5. That's not WC doing a lot of work, it's not a remake, it's not a remaster. It's an import into UE5, which, in case you need to be reminded, other companies have done for free and WildCard previously announced they would do for free.

Any improvements that come from UE5 are not anything that WIldCard gets credit for and especially not trying to charge full price for. The work that WC is doing is worth the price of of a minor DLC, nothing more.

Also Atlas is equally as much of scam as ASA would because even though it was a "new" game with later added different lore and story to Ark, it was a Remastered Ark with a new map(now maps as in two), slight changes to the looks of the models and boats, besides that everything else it was the exact same, same rigs for their creatures that first came in and to later ones too as Arks, same abilities for most of the ported creatures too, same harvestings mechanic and and passive taming mechanics, and even same menus as ark (like for real?), you can even (when using cheat code GFI) get The Exact Same resources like flint, stone and wood from Ark's game with Arks resources images on the stacks that are absolutely useless in Atlas. you can't call one new and the other a scam if the "new" game stole 50-60% (that's being soft on Atlas) of their content and mechanics and even data from a game

So you're arguing that Atlas, which "stole 50-60%" from ARK is a scam, but ASA which will be stealing 90%-95% from ARK is not a scam.

That's some impressive logic.

ASA is allowed to port models from the original and change them and keep the same mechanics from ASE because it is a remake/ actually new game

You just described something that is not a new game, and then said it's a new game.

Let's trying looking at this from different perspective. If you and I teamed up to start a game company, we got our hands on the source code for ARK and then we did  exactly what WildCard is doing, do you think anyone would agree that we were publishing a new game? WildCard wouldn't think so, courts wouldn't think so, game journalists wouldn't think so, players wouldn't think so. No one would agree that you & I would be making a new game if we did exactly the same amount of work that WC will be doing on ASA.

Obviously this is just an example, WildCard owns the rights to their code and we don't. But the point I'm making isn't about ownership, it's about what makes a "new" game and what doesn't. WildCard has the legal right to do what they're doing but that doesn't make it a new game.

To change everything including models and mechanics and make it all from scratch wouldn't make a remake but a sequel which we are already getting.

Hehe, maybe, we'll see if that ever happens, so far it's nothing more than vaporware and empty talk. But that's a delightful topic for another day.

ASA isn't supposed to be a sequel, it is supposed to be a remake/new (new version at least to said) game in the Ark universe.

Yes, it's "supposed to be" a remake but it's not. We know it's not because WildCard has publicly described the work they're doing, and the work they're doing is not a remake. Anyone who thinks that importing into UE5 and reskinning some graphics is a "remake" or even a "remaster" is being dishonest or naive.

Either they're doing what they say they're doing (which is neither a remake nor a remaster) or their marketing spin is true and they're doing a remaster instead of what they've said they're doing. The work they're doing is not a remake, not a remaster, no matter what their marketing spin says.

I did understand you, but I didn't bring it up because that is a bald face lie, they literally just did a vote for a new creature to be added in on the release for the SE map which comes on the ASA release.

Agreed, just like they've done for every DLC including the free ones. Adding a few new animals doesn't make it a remake, it means they're adding a little bit of new stuff just like they've done with every DLC.

Like I've said before, ASA should be a $10-15 DLC, that's how much work WildCard is doing when they release it. It's an update, it's not a new game. Anyone who's willing to pay more than $10-$15 is just being a sucker for WC's marketing lies.

UE5 doesn't need as much storage as UE4 did for models and maps and would be able redesign the looks of previously said models and maps and still not need the same amount of storage.

That's the theory, I'll believe it when I see it.

In my opinion right now from everything we talked and heard about, I'd prefer a new remake of Ark with some new content at the start and a little or a lot less glitches

I understand you wanting that, everyone would enjoy that, but sadly that's not going to happen because that's not how it works in the real world.

When you import a game from UE4 to UE5 it does not have "a lot less glitches", it will have more of them. Even if the only work you do is import the game it will automatically have some new glitches from the import process. Glitches & bugs do not go away when you import into a new game engine, that's not how it works. So the reality is that ASA will have more glitches on Day 1 than ASE has right now, and it will take time for WC to fix the new glitches before they can go back to working on old glitches.

and didn't come on old gen consoles and ASE separate to it over an even more broken ASE or one that would be in UE5 with no new creatures but wouldn't get anymore content or changes than that after that update as the developers said would've happened if they did ASA only as an Update or DLC to ASE.

You're badly misunderstanding my point about ASA being a DLC.

In no way am I saying that they should make a new DLC while keeping ARK in UE4. What I'm saying is that the work they're doing...
1) Importing into UE5

2) Changing the title and some graphical assets

3) Adding a few new animals

...is only as much work as a DLC and is only worth the price of a DLC.

They're doing something that they originally promised they would do for free (import ASE into UE5) but now they're trying to charge full price for it and they're slapping on some new skins and using marketing spin to try to justify that price. That's why it's a scam.

Charging $10-$15 for this work would be honest, even though they originally promised to do it for free, what makes it a scam is calling it a "remake" or a "remaster" and trying to charge full price. No one should fall for that.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OverRannus said:

My opinion about the topic is that they probably did but only slightly for story maps. And possibly could be double the size for official community created maps. But there is no evidence to this, so we just don't know.

You still haven't told us why you think that. WildCard has made exactly zero announcements about map sized, not one word. So why on earth are you still saying they "probably did but only slightly for story maps", there's no evidence that there's any truth to this.

• Like 1

You're proving my point for me. All of your examples are actual remakes, which is not what ASA is going to be.

When someone does a remake they have to, you know, make it. They don't just copy/paste, change the name, change the cover and slap on a few new skins, which is what ASA is going to be.

They wouldn't be scams, because someone actually made them. If took the original print of Incredible Journey, renamed it Homeward bound, and tried to publish it as a remake then everyone, including you, would all that a scam, and that's what they're doing with ASA.

If you're happy to pay someone for copy/pasting their own game into a new title that's your business, but it's still not a remake, not a sequel, not even a remaster. That's just WC telling marketing lies.

Wow, word twisting much? I'm judging it negatively, you're judging it positively, those are both "judging it". When you try to play word games like this you're not doing yourself any favors.

The proof is in what WC has announced, it's their own words, their own description of what planning and doing. So unless you want to argue that WildCard's own announcements are untrue they've already announced to the world the evidence of what they're doing. The proof is their own words.

No, they're keeping all of the "mechanics the same way", not "some" of them, all of them. Any changes to game mechanics they've announced (like improved pathing) are built into UE5, WildCard is not doing any of the work for that improved mechanic other than importing their game into UE5.

If that's true then go ahead and do it. Looking forward to you "easily" proving it.

Thank you for reinforcing one of the points I've been making.

When WildCard imports ARK into UE5 there will be improvements that are created by running the game under UE5. That's not WC doing a lot of work, it's not a remake, it's not a remaster. It's an import into UE5, which, in case you need to be reminded, other companies have done for free and WildCard previously announced they would do for free.

Any improvements that come from UE5 are not anything that WIldCard gets credit for and especially not trying to charge full price for. The work that WC is doing is worth the price of of a minor DLC, nothing more.

So you're arguing that Atlas, which "stole 50-60%" from ARK is a scam, but ASA which will be stealing 90%-95% from ARK is not a scam.

That's some impressive logic.

You just described something that is not a new game, and then said it's a new game.

Let's trying looking at this from different perspective. If you and I teamed up to start a game company, we got our hands on the source code for ARK and then we did  exactly what WildCard is doing, do you think anyone would agree that we were publishing a new game? WildCard wouldn't think so, courts wouldn't think so, game journalists wouldn't think so, players wouldn't think so. No one would agree that you & I would be making a new game if we did exactly the same amount of work that WC will be doing on ASA.

Obviously this is just an example, WildCard owns the rights to their code and we don't. But the point I'm making isn't about ownership, it's about what makes a "new" game and what doesn't. WildCard has the legal right to do what they're doing but that doesn't make it a new game.

Hehe, maybe, we'll see if that ever happens, so far it's nothing more than vaporware and empty talk. But that's a delightful topic for another day.

Yes, it's "supposed to be" a remake but it's not. We know it's not because WildCard has publicly described the work they're doing, and the work they're doing is not a remake. Anyone who thinks that importing into UE5 and reskinning some graphics is a "remake" or even a "remaster" is being dishonest or naive.

Either they're doing what they say they're doing (which is neither a remake nor a remaster) or their marketing spin is true and they're doing a remaster instead of what they've said they're doing. The work they're doing is not a remake, not a remaster, no matter what their marketing spin says.

Agreed, just like they've done for every DLC including the free ones. Adding a few new animals doesn't make it a remake, it means they're adding a little bit of new stuff just like they've done with every DLC.

Like I've said before, ASA should be a $10-15 DLC, that's how much work WildCard is doing when they release it. It's an update, it's not a new game. Anyone who's willing to pay more than $10-$15 is just being a sucker for WC's marketing lies.

That's the theory, I'll believe it when I see it.

I understand you wanting that, everyone would enjoy that, but sadly that's not going to happen because that's not how it works in the real world.

When you import a game from UE4 to UE5 it does not have "a lot less glitches", it will have more of them. Even if the only work you do is import the game it will automatically have some new glitches from the import process. Glitches & bugs do not go away when you import into a new game engine, that's not how it works. So the reality is that ASA will have more glitches on Day 1 than ASE has right now, and it will take time for WC to fix the new glitches before they can go back to working on old glitches.

You're badly misunderstanding my point about ASA being a DLC.

In no way am I saying that they should make a new DLC while keeping ARK in UE4. What I'm saying is that the work they're doing...
1) Importing into UE5

2) Changing the title and some graphical assets

3) Adding a few new animals

...is only as much work as a DLC and is only worth the price of a DLC.

They're doing something that they originally promised they would do for free (import ASE into UE5) but now they're trying to charge full price for it and they're slapping on some new skins and using marketing spin to try to justify that price. That's why it's a scam.

Charging $10-$15 for this work would be honest, even though they originally promised to do it for free, what makes it a scam is calling it a "remake" or a "remaster" and trying to charge full price. No one should fall for that.

Remaster: To change sound quality, lighting or pixels. No Synonyms.

Remake: To make anew (again) or in a different form. Synonyms are Replicate, Revamp, Transform, Modify, or Remodel.

ASA isn't a lie nor a scam. WC told us the truth of what ASA is. They told what it was truthfully, and ppl used remake and remaster wrong and called ASA is a bunch of marketing lies which was false. It's a New Version of the game. That is that.

2 hours ago, OverRannus said:

Remaster: To change sound quality, lighting or pixels. No Synonyms.

Remake: To make anew (again) or in a different form. Synonyms are Replicate, Revamp, Transform, Modify, or Remodel.

ASA isn't a lie nor a scam. WC told us the truth of what ASA is. They told what it was truthfully, and ppl used remake and remaster wrong and called ASA is a bunch of marketing lies which was false. It's a New Version of the game. That is that.

According to this point it should cost way less then since its not an actual remake. They also said it would be free and since its not i`d say that is lying.

Edited by CatInFire
Rephrase a bit