How to survive to titanoboa (snake)

Iguield

Whenever the Titanoboa comes and bite me, I just give up and assume I'm dead, because you get poisoned and then pass out and it goes and kills you. I can't find anyway to run for or survive whenever i encounter it. I think It's really OP, because you can't really see it coming, its really fast and one bite and in a few seconds you're down, but I would like to know if there is any way to survive to it that i dont happen to know.

By the way, I already wasted about 5 levels ranking up fortitude because I kept dying and it didnt do nothing, 

Spears , Stim berries in your hotbar so you can spam when you first get hit

also put some points into fortitude ( 20 fort.) so you can wake up faster if you do go down but if you spam the stimberries you should be able to prevent passing out put some more points on Melee (350 melee) as well typically takes me 3 to 4 pokes with metal pike to kill the snakes

Humans are particularly susceptible to torpor poison because you already pass out at 50 torpor or more. Pretty much all other creatures in the game can tolerate more torpidity than that.

Advice #1: Fight at range. Use a bow, crossbow, or guns. Even a slingshot can do. I am not sure if it's at all possible to outrun a snake, but if it is, you can reliably kill them with a ranged weapon.

Advice #2: Bring stimulant or stim berries. Even though they make you thirsty, you wont die all too soon from that. Put them in your hotbar and spam a few after you've been hit. And don't worry, the thirst will go away, once you reach zero water. After that you can drink something and everything will be fine.

Advice #3: Fight on a mount. If you any combat-capable mount then the torpor-poison is pretty much negligible. As I said, most creatures have vastly more maximum torpor than humans and in addition to that, they don't pass out until that maximum is reached. Humans, on the other hand, already faint at 50 torpor.

I usually don't leave my base without a mount. I play PvE and therefore I have plenty of tamed buddies that allow me to do that.

5 hours ago, PhantomGamer said:

Between walking backwards and stunning it when it gets hit you'll be faster than it.

5 hours ago, Omnifarious said:

Make stimulants, or bring stim berries.

5 hours ago, killasap0 said:

Spears , Stim berries in your hotbar so you can spam when you first get hit

also put some points into fortitude ( 20 fort.) so you can wake up faster if you do go down but if you spam the stimberries you should be able to prevent passing out put some more points on Melee (350 melee) as well typically takes me 3 to 4 pokes with metal pike to kill the snakes

5 hours ago, DepthProbe said:

Yes, their poison and scorpions' cause topor to increase with stimberries and stimulant decreasing it. 

4 hours ago, MajorNr01 said:

Humans are particularly susceptible to torpor poison because you already pass out at 50 torpor or more. Pretty much all other creatures in the game can tolerate more torpidity than that.

Advice #1: Fight at range. Use a bow, crossbow, or guns. Even a slingshot can do. I am not sure if it's at all possible to outrun a snake, but if it is, you can reliably kill them with a ranged weapon.

Advice #2: Bring stimulant or stim berries. Even though they make you thirsty, you wont die all too soon from that. Put them in your hotbar and spam a few after you've been hit. And don't worry, the thirst will go away, once you reach zero water. After that you can drink something and everything will be fine.

Advice #3: Fight on a mount. If you any combat-capable mount then the torpor-poison is pretty much negligible. As I said, most creatures have vastly more maximum torpor than humans and in addition to that, they don't pass out until that maximum is reached. Humans, on the other hand, already faint at 50 torpor.

I usually don't leave my base without a mount. I play PvE and therefore I have plenty of tamed buddies that allow me to do that.

2 hours ago, rpicardi1 said:

Keep some stims on your hunting pet, just in case you tangle with those high level albino ones.

1 hour ago, zoglike said:

Also once you get higher level for whatever reason it takes them much longer to knock you out when you are wearing Flak gear.

Thank you everyone for the help! 

A higher fortitude will increase the amount of hits you can take before passing out, and decrease the time it takes your torpor to go down. You do need quite a few points though, much more than 5 to make a difference.

Best to stay clear of swamps until you're ready to fight those guys, and bring a mount to protect you. :D

• 1 year later...

Ok.    Advice for people about level 20.   At lvl 20 the boas scared the !#"$ out of me.   One hint mentioned above is the sound.   If you build SW island inland they will be regular visitors.   You need to build a base of wood at least 6x6 area with a roof.   Build a bed.  Next if possible build spiked walls.   For gear I would use a spear but your best defense is to add lvl points to speed to run away.   Stim berries are essential.   Next research ranged weapons.     Don't wear armor since at this level against the snakes it is useless.  

Get yourself somewhere around 120% movespeed. At which point it's easy to circle scorpions and snakes. I enjoy hacking snakes and scorpions to death with a sword. It's also very easy to poke them to death with a pike as mentioned above. 

Once you get pretty much any mount they are easy to murder. Happy hunting broski. 

8 hours ago, SuperGenki said:

I'm not seeing it mentioned but after you've spammed your berries and speared down the Boa you should go prone. Laying down helps recover torpor and stamina, so check your surroundings and then take a second to rest. Moving around and sprinting will only cause your torpor to rise.

Really?!? I did not know that laying down increased those rates. Thanks!

Edit: Also great avatar icon, I love that movie.

9 hours ago, Winterblade said:

Ok.    Advice for people about level 20.   At lvl 20 the boas scared the !#"$ out of me.   One hint mentioned above is the sound.   If you build SW island inland they will be regular visitors.   You need to build a base of wood at least 6x6 area with a roof.   Build a bed.  Next if possible build spiked walls.   For gear I would use a spear but your best defense is to add lvl points to speed to run away.   Stim berries are essential.   Next research ranged weapons.     Don't wear armor since at this level against the snakes it is useless.  

Whats with the almost 2 year necro?

Archived