should we start with tek armor in gen2

CataclysmicWolf

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bobo1234 said:

Which is dumb? It makes everything that exists in the game invalid and just exacerbates the problems that Official has. Who needs dinos or anything when you get free tek gear that lets you fly around.

Well without speed, the flying wouldn't be fast... It's basically an extended jump at that point. Also consider that if it is just a skin, you won't have the armor and weather resistance stats granted by normal Tek armor. I also doubt it would be functional on the other maps, likely only cosmetic when off of Gen2(I hope, it looks pretty cool). 

It may also need fuel, though this likely wouldn't be Element. I'd probably make it randomly spawning "Element Sparks" that you can walk into to recharge your suit a certain amount. That way everyone can access them and they can't be blocked off like Charge Nodes or Obelisks can. 

And if it is somehow better than standard crafted Tek, so what? Tek isn't much of an achievement anymore, and Tek Blueprints will undoubtedly be better anyways. 

9 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Well without speed, the flying wouldn't be fast... It's basically an extended jump at that point. Also consider that if it is just a skin, you won't have the armor and weather resistance stats granted by normal Tek armor. I also doubt it would be functional on the other maps, likely only cosmetic when off of Gen2(I hope, it looks pretty cool). 

It may also need fuel, though this likely wouldn't be Element. I'd probably make it randomly spawning "Element Sparks" that you can walk into to recharge your suit a certain amount. That way everyone can access them and they can't be blocked off like Charge Nodes or Obelisks can. 

And if it is somehow better than standard crafted Tek, so what? Tek isn't much of an achievement anymore, and Tek Blueprints will undoubtedly be better anyways. 

You don't seem to understand game balance at all.

1 hour ago, Bobo1234 said:

You don't seem to understand game balance at all.

Yeah cause everything has to be balanced around the minority game mode, official pvp? This is all speculation, why not wait to see what it entails before getting bent out of shape about it? I get that it may make you mad but @Qwertymine is just speculating aswell. 

Maybe it just works in gen2? Would that make it seem more balanced? It is a flying spaceship in outer space ... we ascendeded and are 'super beings' i don't think the ability to fly starting off is too far fetched honestly.

I don’t really get why we are debating about this, unless WC implements it really poorly, it’s not gonna be super OP. And plus, weather you like it or not, it IS coming to the game. They said it would be, and WC wouldn’t take 5 people’s voice to heart, especially if 5 other people are going agintst them.

53 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Yeah cause everything has to be balanced around the minority game mode, official pvp? This is all speculation, why not wait to see what it entails before getting bent out of shape about it? I get that it may make you mad but @Qwertymine is just speculating aswell. 

Maybe it just works in gen2? Would that make it seem more balanced? It is a flying spaceship in outer space ... we ascendeded and are 'super beings' i don't think the ability to fly starting off is too far fetched honestly.

Yes because it is the OFFICIAL mode of the game. If unofficial wants to balance something they don't like, they are free to do so.

Our play experience is based on Wildcard making halfway intelligent decisions vs yours is an admin configuring an .ini and adding mods. Official PvP isn't a minority lol. PvE prim plus is a minority. So yes, I am worried about their decision making process considering they added knock off gundams and kaijus to sell to China the last 2 years.

28 minutes ago, Bobo1234 said:

Yes because it is the OFFICIAL mode of the game. If unofficial wants to balance something they don't like, they are free to do so.

Our play experience is based on Wildcard making halfway intelligent decisions vs yours is an admin configuring an .ini and adding mods. Official PvP isn't a minority lol. PvE prim plus is a minority. So yes, I am worried about their decision making process considering they added knock off gundams and kaijus to sell to China the last 2 years.

Pvp official is a minority, yes. I wasn't even talking unofficial (which is the majority, for sure) I was talking official PvE which again, is more popular than official pvp.

That's why I play unofficial for the very reasons you listed. I dont need to be at the mercy of WC's process most of the time. I think you're capable of intellectual conversation if you just take away some of the chip on your shoulder man. We can have civil discussions without getting so hostile.

Edit: This isn't me saying you aren't having an intellectual conversation but I think clearing the hostility will be good for everyone involved.

5 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Pvp official is a minority, yes. I wasn't even talking unofficial (which is the majority, for sure) I was talking official PvE which again, is more popular than official pvp.

That's why I play unofficial for the very reasons you listed. I dont need to be at the mercy of WC's process most of the time. I think you're capable of intellectual conversation if you just take away some of the chip on your shoulder man. We can have civil discussions without getting so hostile.

Edit: This isn't me saying you aren't having an intellectual conversation but I think clearing the hostility will be good for everyone involved.

Are you sure about that? Out of the 19 most populated servers on Official rn, 18 are PvP. 😮

I am not hostile, you just keep trying to make things personal.

Official has a very large player base and yes we have to bitch and moan for Wildcard to fix stuff so leave me be.

3 minutes ago, Bobo1234 said:

Are you sure about that? Out of the 19 most populated servers on Official rn, 18 are PvP. 😮

I am not hostile, you just keep trying to make things personal.

Official has a very large player base and yes we have to bitch and moan for Wildcard to fix stuff so leave me be.

Yes he is correct, pvp in general is in the minority, pve is the majority of the player base. Devs have stated this multiple times.

1 minute ago, Piffguru said:

Yes he is correct, pvp in general is in the minority, pve is the majority of the player base. Devs have stated this multiple times.

The most popular servers in Ark are PvP servers both Official and unOfficial. MTS is slot capped on every server daily. Show me capped unOfficial servers please.

They might have a more consistent playerbase but PvP is more popular by server population.

4 minutes ago, Bobo1234 said:

The most popular servers in Ark are PvP servers both Official and unOfficial. MTS is slot capped on every server daily. Show me capped unOfficial servers please.

They might have a more consistent playerbase but PvP is more popular by server population.

2 minutes ago, Bobo1234 said:

Then why are 19 of 20 of the top servers pop wise PvP rn?

Please explain where you are getting this figure from.

From the devs. simple as that. They have stated it on twitter, in the forums, on discord, even in live streams. its pve thats the majority overall. Maybe you dont understand that people play ark on more than just PC and what you are checking is still just a fraction of the population.

And you keep bringing up unofficial vs official. Im not talking about that im talking about pve vs pvp as a whole.

4 minutes ago, Bobo1234 said:

MTS is unofficial btw... and a terrible place to play on, while at it. Most youtubers there have spectator access and other privilleges from the owner... when the guy is simply not playing his own server with admin on...

Before someone call BS on it, it's well documented by several well-known youtubers.

1 minute ago, Piffguru said:

From the devs. simple as that. They have stated it on twitter, in the forums, on discord, even in live streams. its pve thats the majority overall. Maybe you dont understand that people play ark on more than just PC and what you are checking is still just a fraction of the population.

Well I play PC on Steam so that is what I am referencing. The patches are different for consoles, mobile and switch so it is a different game. I don't care about Xbox or Mobile players.

Just now, Darkholis said:

MTS is unofficial btw... and a terrible place to play on, while at it. Most youtubers there have spectator access and other privilleges from the owner... when the guy is simply not playing his own server with admin on...

Before someone call BS on it, it's well documented by several well-known youtubers.

I don't play MTS, I am aware its poope. I just am saying that it is the most popular cluster on Official by far.

7 minutes ago, Bobo1234 said:

Well I play PC on Steam so that is what I am referencing. The patches are different for consoles, mobile and switch so it is a different game. I don't care about Xbox or Mobile players.

I swear your middle name must be "toxic"     im sorry thats not nice of me, I can be bigger than pvp children.. You dont care about 75% of the population and only care about yourself. Your spouting a bunch of nonsense, go calm down and ponder why your so unnecessarily aggressive.

Archived