X2 Taming? You are kidding!

16 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

According to Dododex, this is the correct amount. They've updated their default settings to follow the current rates.

10% - 10 rock drake eggs was X1 - BEFORE WC decided to change rates to X2 permanent.
Previously, when there was X2 evo event - 5 drake eggs was enough to tame 150 lvl basilisk.

So once again - theres NO X2 taming if it comes to taming Basilisk.

1 minute ago, slejo said:

10% - 10 rock drake eggs was X1 - BEFORE WC decided to change rates to X2 permanent.
Previously, when there was X2 evo event - 5 drake eggs was enough to tame 150 lvl basilisk.

So once again - theres NO X2 taming if it comes to taming Basilisk.

Well now I am a little confused. ARK wikia says that a 150 takes 21 eggs (assuming they haven't updated yet), Dododex says 9 eggs for a 150 and takes the rate update into account.

Did a 150 take 9 eggs before the rate update? If so, are you sure you played on 1x?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, LEDminer said:

ARK wikia says that a 150 takes 21 eggs (assuming they haven't updated yet)

According to "cached" pages from May 2020 the Wiki showed it as 42 Drake eggs for a 150.

Suggesting that the Wiki now showing 21 is the updated rates. So I would not trust the Wiki at all.

1 hour ago, LEDminer said:

Did a 150 take 9 eggs before the rate update? If so, are you sure you played on 1x?

Man. Put the outdated knowledge off. I see you are taking part in a discussion that you have no idea about.

I have tamed MANY basilisks 140+. And all of them i tamed during X2 evo events.
There was ALWAYS 5 drake eggs needed to tame 150 lvl basilisk when the rates were X2.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, slejo said:

Man. Put the outdated knowledge off. I see you are taking part in a discussion that you have no idea about.

This is a public forums. Therefore everyone is welcome to participate to any discussion. He simply asked a question in an effort to understand and be helpful. Why being so hostile?

9 minutes ago, slejo said:

I have tamed MANY basilisks 140+. And all of them i tamed during X2 evo events.
There was ALWAYS 5 drake eggs needed to tame 150 lvl basilisk when the rates were X2.

Maybe check other passives. Bloodstalker still takes a crazy amount. I don't remember all passive counts but a 150 Mantis would take 7 horns on 2x before so if it still takes 14 then maybe the rates never hit passives.

Just now, slejo said:

Because he just trolls me without any experience of taming.

BTW: https://www.dododex.com/taming/basilisk/150?taming=2

Well, I'm once again going to troll you, but there's something you should notice:

Dodo.PNG.61fe4a2a571d10670d33e0bf4dd1f978.PNG

Dododex has been updated to account for the permanent rate increase. Therefore, the values shown by default are the same as current official. (1x, or the old 2x)

In your link, you set the taming speed to 2, which doubles the current rate. (In other words, the taming rates shown below correspond to the old 4x)

dodo2.thumb.PNG.eaeef5170537bf1f89a9be51b5a7ba03.PNG

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, slejo said:

Because he just trolls me without any experience of taming.

BTW: https://www.dododex.com/taming/basilisk/150?taming=2

Being confused is not trolling.

Asking a valid question is not trolling.

Saying that you're a pompous, self-absorbed knucklehead, that might be trolling if it turns out that you're not actually a pompous, self-absorbed knucklehead. Only time, and your additional posts, will tell whether you actually are or not.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Killeribiza said:

Obviously there are not X2, i don't know why they show the X2 message on ark menú because it's not true. Go and take a Stone from the floor with the hand, you get just one so it's x1. No more discussion needed

Well that's because the single stones are separate from the gather rates.

Edited by LEDminer
20 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Perhaps basilisk taming is decoupled from the base rate as hand stone harvesting is.

If someone remembers how many eggs it takes to tame a titanoboa, they could test and see how many eggs it takes now. If it's the same as before, then there might be something between the rate increase and egg feed tames.

I saw the dododex guy on another thread about bloodstalkers saying that it seems passive tames havent gotten the x2 rates as bloodstalkers are taking the same amount of bloodpacks as before. Most likely the same for all passives.

But I think he did say that he adjusted dododex to show the correct blood packs, not sure if he mentioned changing the numbers for all passives as they all arent confirmed.

Edited by Piffguru
11 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

if he mentioned changing the numbers for all passives as they all arent confirmed.

16 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

there might be something between the rate increase and egg feed tames.

Look at Roll Rat - according to Dododex (that is based on devkit) now roll rat needs 34 honeys.
Previously 150 rat wanted 17 honeys to be tamed at x2 Evo

rat2020-09-17_18-41-58.jpg

On 9/7/2020 at 8:00 AM, Garick said:

Blood Stalker Taming. How is it now?

So how is the blood stalker taming now? dododex is saying 1300+ blood bags for a 150ish. Is that right? That seems insane.

On 9/7/2020 at 8:16 PM, danleveille said:

That is correct. I recently tested and updated Dododex's bloodstalker rates. They are very high because they were not impacted by the 2x changes. They're basically still at 1x.

If you want more clarity on the dododex part of things maybe tag him ^ as he is the one who operates dododex. As for the rates I think its pretty obvious based on what you are experiencing that many if not all the passive tames are still being considered 1x taming.

Edited by invincibleqc