Have you fought the alpha dragon on the island recently?

Recently did Alpha Dragon on official with 9 players and 20 tames... didn't go to well. 

17 Theri's 10k hp 700-800 melee all with 25+ cakes on them and 100+ armor saddles

2 Rhino riders 10k hp 80 armor + saddles

1 yuty 

At the end of it we lost over half of the theri's, 1 rhino, and the yuty. Considering our low stats on our theri's it wasn't surprising. 

Definitely going to be trying it again and looking back would definitely recommend having more players riding rhinos and shotgunning the dragon, and a player who knows what they're doing whistling the theri's off the back of the yuty to avoid tames going into the lava. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/29/2020 at 7:24 PM, reddotjellytot said:

U have to be very careful using Deinos on manticore, its been known and seen that the manticore will fly up so high u loose all agro and it gets stuck in the air until the timer runs out then poof goes ur prized tames

I figured with the manticore, Id stick with wyvrens…….possibly some extreame level argies and good saddles?

On 8/19/2020 at 9:49 PM, Snhazzy said:

Recently did Alpha Dragon on official with 9 players and 20 tames... didn't go to well. 17 Theri's 10k hp 700-800 melee all with 25+ cakes on them and 100+ armor saddles 2 Rhino riders 10k hp 80 armor + saddles 1 yuty At the end of it we lost over half of the theri's, 1 rhino, and the yuty. Considering our low stats on our theri's it wasn't surprising. Definitely going to be trying it again and looking back would definitely recommend having more players riding rhinos and shotgunning the dragon, and a player who knows what they're doing whistling the theri's off the back of the yuty to avoid tames going into the lava. 

Ouch, that one is tough......two questions, why no deadon and why not wait till the theri's had 15k health?

There was a  video done by cantex I think, he pitted level 75 dinos with all points put into health vs dinos with all points put into melee......the ones with the bumps in health allways won

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering... I was talking to a tribe mate the other day, as we are gearing up for the alpha island dragon. And he tells me that there is/was a bug, that when using deinonychus' in the fight, the game crashes. Is this still a thing, as searching online I can't find anything to say it's been fixed and only OLD posts about it.

Cheers

On 9/10/2020 at 1:47 PM, wizard03 said:

Ouch, that one is tough......two questions, why no deadon and why not wait till the theri's had 15k health?

There was a  video done by cantex I think, he pitted level 75 dinos with all points put into health vs dinos with all points put into melee......the ones with the bumps in health allways won

I see, that HP fact is interesting I definitely see how we went wrong on the fight haha

Update...

We kinda screwed the pooch on our first attempt. The rider on the yuty died to about 10 dimorphodons then the yuty followed suite. The dragon managed to push a heap of our deinonychus off the edge and its was downhill from there. Needless to say our strategy could have used some planning lol. But excitement got the better of us and we rode in half-cocked. Ended up just being me running around with a shotgun getting destroyed.

Pretty fun though...

12 hours ago, Benrusty09 said:

Update...

We kinda screwed the pooch on our first attempt. The rider on the yuty died to about 10 dimorphodons then the yuty followed suite. The dragon managed to push a heap of our deinonychus off the edge and its was downhill from there. Needless to say our strategy could have used some planning lol. But excitement got the better of us and we rode in half-cocked. Ended up just being me running around with a shotgun getting destroyed.

Pretty fun though...

U need a Spino to kill the Dimorphs. Why you use a yuti? Whistle the Deinonychos passive and in front of Spino wait and when the Dragon lands an is finish walk over Lava whistle attack my target...easy run