Summer bash kind of raptors people trying to get going

R3dHawk

9 hours ago, MackTheKnife said:

So then answer this..how can i breed anything if i can’t feasibly tame anything to create said parents for breeding event? 

And ive never missed anything, i probably got wiped somewhere along the way and by the time i built up the event is over ?

I'm out this conversation. You don't deserve to play Ark. 

14 hours ago, MackTheKnife said:

See that kinda thing i would like to join but as you just said, everyone’s at the fibercrapft now. So the good servers die. 

There’s nothing actually wrong with dedicated but I just think it’s kind of cheating for me personally. Don’t wanna wait 5 day to raise something? Ask your new best friend admin to whip up 5 of them at adult stage! lol. I would be that guy who couldn’t wait and bug the admin to death. But on official i’m forced to play my way with no possible cheats to save me.

But seriously though for some reason I just can’t play unofficial. I think i’ve been playing normal for so long it’s just a complacency (right word?) thing and i hate trying new things

Personally I don't like going around and raising other people's babies even my own babies i let them grow up lol im pretty lazy as to are my admins.

I made my server settings just good enough that you got to grind still but its not life consuming. 

You just gotta hop around on unofficial til you find a good one if you go that route.

17 hours ago, MackTheKnife said:

You wanna tame an anky, doed and beaver on x1 at 6 hours apiece? Be my guest. I’ll be waiting to say “i told you so” when you give up for the 3rd time with the beaver. Gotta hand pick berries because herbivore berry gatherers take 6 hours as well. See what i mean? You can’t progress at all. Luckily i hit the jackpot and got like 100 regular AND superior from a pvE tribe a few moments ago ?

Ha two bolas a prim club and a stack of mejo and you can tame a 150 iggy in a couple hours on official 1x, that one tame can do all of your berry gathering in no time. Why do you need a beaver when a chainsaw is so much more effective. An anky it's called a pick and your new high level iggy, together they work great for metal. As for a doed what is its point on pve, not like you need much for spark powder.

So yea you are whining about nothing.  Then again you have admitted to being both a Mesher and a Insider so anything you say on here is more likely BS. 

Only lazy unskilled people complain about 1x taming on officials.

53 minutes ago, ThePryBar said:

As for a doed what is its point on pve, not like you need much for spark powder.

Most people build their bases out of stone so Doed.

Also, PvE does need sparkpowder too. Gunpowder for Tranq Darts (prefer using of arrows), Shotgun Ammo (need for bosses), Jerky (for kibble). 

PvE isn't building small so need the tames because you could use a thousand stone walls for your main building, 20 behemoth gates for your perimeter, 300 ceilings, plus you need 500 pillars to keep people away. Not something you want to gather with a hatchet.

We used to get maturation and hatching events every week when Ragnarok initially came out. Arc is a very ridiculous game the time it takes invested to get anything in this game is way overboard. Don’t get me wrong I’ve always been in a big tribe I’ve always been able to get the things I wanted in ark.   It’s very ridiculous for a beginner player to try to play arc it’s impossible you can’t be a beach Bob you continuously get harassed wiped anything arc is very unfair for the beginning player 

11 minutes ago, Wak said:

We used to get maturation and hatching events every week when Ragnarok initially came out. Arc is a very ridiculous game the time it takes invested to get anything in this game is way overboard. Don’t get me wrong I’ve always been in a big tribe I’ve always been able to get the things I wanted in ark.   It’s very ridiculous for a beginner player to try to play arc it’s impossible you can’t be a beach Bob you continuously get harassed wiped anything arc is very unfair for the beginning player 

For someone who started out on legacy, I just don’t have much sympathy for people that advocate for 2x taming during themed events even though it’s effectively 4x the original legacy rate I started on, back when evo events weren’t a thing.

I think people forget that legacy/Early Access was just that:  Early Access.  I sure didn't enjoy 6 hour low level herbivore tames...  I downed a level 45 Anky, I remember, and it took sooooOOOOOOOOO much time to tame, with no evo events in sight.  It was adjusted as part of shaping the game from the time of Early Access.  The rates now are the real 1x that the developers settled on, not an actual incognito 2x so that when events don't happen, we can roast angry people by saying "1x is -ACTUALLY- 2x."  Early Access was rough...  The current full-release proper 1x is pretty good compared to Early Access rates, though.

That being said, I agree that not having 2x for the time of the Summer Bash hurts new players or ones that are starting over, in a way.  But as pointed out by someone, anyone playing Official ARK properly should still be able to progress through tames just fine, if they have the salt to do so.  You get an Iguanodon, you can do berries.  If you start where you can find Ovis (Rag Highlands, Valg White Cliffs, basically all of Aberration), you can get carnivores.

We get breeding though!  And neat colors, and neat skins.  So take the good with the bad?

1 hour ago, TheDonn said:

I think people forget that legacy/Early Access was just that:  Early Access.  I sure didn't enjoy 6 hour low level herbivore tames...  I downed a level 45 Anky, I remember, and it took sooooOOOOOOOOO much time to tame, with no evo events in sight.  It was adjusted as part of shaping the game from the time of Early Access.  The rates now are the real 1x that the developers settled on, not an actual incognito 2x so that when events don't happen, we can roast angry people by saying "1x is -ACTUALLY- 2x."  Early Access was rough...  The current full-release proper 1x is pretty good compared to Early Access rates, though.

That being said, I agree that not having 2x for the time of the Summer Bash hurts new players or ones that are starting over, in a way.  But as pointed out by someone, anyone playing Official ARK properly should still be able to progress through tames just fine, if they have the salt to do so.  You get an Iguanodon, you can do berries.  If you start where you can find Ovis (Rag Highlands, Valg White Cliffs, basically all of Aberration), you can get carnivores.

We get breeding though!  And neat colors, and neat skins.  So take the good with the bad?

I’ll never show sympathy for entitlement.

Archived