Confirm cryopod functionality in tek cave

law086

Confirm cryopod functionality in tek cave

Hello,

After many searches on this very topic I'm seeing some conflicting information and I was hoping someone can confirm exactly how cryopods work in the tek cave on the island.  

My leading theory based on reading up is that you *can* pop dinos inside the cave, but that ability stops after either distance into the cave or time since you've entered.  

So....

- Can you pop pods once in the cave?

- At what point can you no longer pop pods?  Time based / distance based / never?

I already understand that you cannot pop once you TP to the arena, I understand there's some dinos you can use in the cave that will not TP to the arena (gigas, for example).

Thanks!!

26 minutes ago, law086 said:

So interestingly enough, someone that I play with on the server tried in SP and was unable to pop a pod... at any point, which seems to strongly conflict with information I'm seeing out there (not to mention the wiki)... so I suspect that SP and MP could have different settings / rules.  

Did it 2 weeks ago. You cannot unpod in the cave at all. We tried at all scenarios. Before, inside during enter timer, after, during, before boss, during boss.

You cant bring your giga gotta do it legit man.

edit: The gigas in cave were pretty easy (alpha) - I tanked with my theriz and we decimated the first one. Second one we killed with shotguns (it was stuck)

Archived