Community Crunch 177: Eggcellent Adventure Returns Tomorrow!

StudioWildcard

No DODOREX? Please add this PVE

Also, what’s with you guys complaining about the mana nerf?

This forum was full of people complaining about them being too OP and wanting a nerf, WC just listened to y’all.

I could care less either way they need to just fix it so they don’t go poof on the island if you use them.

Edited by Sikaflex

2 hours ago, Chubchub2020 said:

There is no way to balance a game for both pve and pvp

You said it. 

You are absolutely right, but you still have to admit they’ve done a pretty great job getting close. I really just wish they could separate the settings between PvP and PvE for the mana. Maybe there is even a better way to meet in the middle like increasing turret range instead of reducing the mana’s. Even with the nerf, they are still technically OP when it comes to other players, but as far as PvE goes they are in my cryofridge and have been since the previous nerf. They are basically useless now, for anything other than griefing, and ironically they are still kind of OP for that. There is probably a magic solution, but so far no wizard has come forth with the potion.

• Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

I am so upset. My tribe has been working towards doing the desert titan.  We raised and tamed managarmr's, made good saddles and collected everything necessary for the titan fight.  Tonight was going to be the night.  Then I found out the managarmr got nerfed.  Jumped on the computer to test the distance.  There's no way it could used anymore for the desert titan.  Soooooo disappointed.

23 hours ago, anubis3691 said:

Agreed, and the mana nerf again is really aggravating... it's like the only reason I've been playing was to breed them.. but what's the point lol.. might as well make the mana not even have a breath attack. 

Why don't you people stop complaining 24/7 I've been playing since day 1 and still playing first you bobs complain about manas being OP but now that they get nerfed you wanna complain about them not being good. pick a side.

• Facepalm 1

17 minutes ago, Ligbofma said:

Why don't you people stop complaining 24/7 I've been playing since day 1 and still playing first you bobs complain about manas being OP but now that they get nerfed you wanna complain about them not being good. pick a side.

Lol listen linda... listen... why don't YOU PEOPLE lol, stop complaining 24/7 about people complaining 24/7. I've been playing since day 16 and still play... on weekends, first I haven't nor any of my friends complained ever about mana being OP, and now that they are getting nerfed every other patch you're darn skippy we're complaining about them not being able to kill anything further than 10 feet away without 900+ melee lol.  So to help you out, and understand more clearly what you're talking about here,   I'm picking the side that doesn't want the mana nerfed. K thanks!

• Thanks 2

Aberration should get the Megalania! After all the file for an Aberrant one already exists and it looks super cool, so don’t let that work go to waste! Before you said that you did not want it to steal the limelight from the Rock Drake(which I still don’t think it would do as it is much slower and can’t glide/go invisible) but you have since added the Managarmr to Aberration (which you should undo). The Managarmr of course being OP has been the only thing used on Ab since, I have literally only seen a total of 4 rock drakes used since the launch of Extinction. I found myself fleeing to classic because it lacked Manas and I think Aberration should be that haven, free of Mana spam PVP(although the past nerfs have been a step in the right direction). The Megalania, like the rock drake now, is not used…..I have NEVER seen one tamed in PVP since they are so useless. Aberration would be the Megalania’s time to shine, perfect for solo players who do not have the resources to acquire Rock Drakes and still allowing them the ability to transverse walls. The addition of the Megalania would be like the addition of the rideable moschops, nothing game breaking but just something neat and convenient. Aberration has always been my favorite map due to its extremely hard beginning like Scorched Earth but the allowance of Manas to it has broken that rush of survival the game is all about and the map’s prized Rock Drakes. Add the Megalania to Aberration for a fun twist and remove the Managarmr from Aberration! (PS maybe remove Manas from Scorched Earth too so Wyverns too have a time to shine)

Edited by NnjaChicken

This holiday promo stuff in my opinion is a waste of time when you have foundational issues with the game (meshing) that everyone is aware of and yet has not been solved although I do appreciate that you are being open with your attempts to resolve this issue I will like to make two points that I believe would be beneficial for the further development of this game. The major point I want to make is obvious and as already stated above, although these holiday promotions may be fun and cool for some I think that it is a waste of resources that could be otherwise spent fixing the fundamental issues that are plaguing this game and in some ways these promotions are a slap in the face to the dedicated consumer base that drives this game forward. That being said I wanted to point out a new concern that I have come across and something that could be damning yet I believe easily remedied. I have been coming across the issue of getting stuck in certain locations on the map and if waiting upon death is my only option, and at times it is not even an option. This needs to be fixed ASAP as it makes the server unplayable. Yeah , so I have to once again start over.

So disappointed found nice pink karkinos. Ko 'd it. Then go to make exceptional kibble. Only to find all the eggs I need to make it are not available from aberrant dinos(excluding basilisk). Rex, wurtzel,giga therizino hopefully wildcard is aware these dino are not available. So now I have to get drake eggs tame like 10 basil so I can tame karkinos. Way to break 1 of few in game mechanics that actually worked :(

14 hours ago, iTriceratops said:

it is the bug that when you jump off of a basilisk the textures go all 'stringy' or on ghille where you had to be really close to see the rest of the leaves on it ?

Indeed you are correct. I hope it gets fixed or changed so it only occurs at a much greater distance (where in that case, it is done for performance), i'm a little tired of having my basilisk look partly like a box XD. Things like this are easy to fix in about five minutes (talking about PC, consoles not so much :P). I also mentioned the god-mode bug in my previous post and I'm unsure if that is fixed either.

I also think the range nerf for the Managarmr was a... bit too much. Yes, the inability to freeze at distance is well deserved and needed, but the damage nerf is bad, it should do like 2 damage at what was the max range before the nerf. Though, I strongly recommend that they are not allowed on Aberration, they are too much on there since they have almost no hard counters. You shouldn't just hard nerf them, be more creative with nerfs or counters so they can still be useful (and encourage use of other creatures!)

On 4/15/2019 at 7:52 PM, EazyLee69 said:

Take this event and stick it up your rear ends we wanted a breeding boost like you've given EVERY EASTER typical wildcard disappointing the player base again, not even worth logging in for. Becoming a really boring joke this now all this time and you guys still have server issues meshing issues dinos glitching people falling through floors people losing players and the list goes on! Now you're taking the boosts away we look forward to every year.

Screw you wildcard, i hope you guys are better in the bedroom than you are at developing games, otherwise you may very well still be a virgin because you're doing it all wrong

GIVE US A REASON TO PLAY YOUR DAMN GAME! because my entire library is more appealing than ark at the moment

Not only that they pretty much screwd over extinction players this next makes extinction almost unplayable you got kill the desert Titan and you get knocked off your mana so often it’s not worth it you get killed by the forest because now all it does it root you... which by the way you still haven’t fixed the bug where the roots stay on your screen and dieing doesn’t fix. Base defense is harder now and bases get wiped easier by titans. You go to an ele vein or drop and 3 manas vs one griefer on a wyvern will kill you

Edited by Bproude