Alpha Raptor problem

GoofyG

Hey. I was just running around my ark island looking for some tames when I came across a Alpha raptor lvl 11. It killed me along with some trikes. Since then it has come close to my base. (I am lvl 14) I live by the beach and have 3 tamed dilos, 1 para and and otter. I am not sure what should I do? I dont want my tames to get killed, please help! 

Thank you!

5 minutes ago, GoofyG said:

Hey. I was just running around my ark island looking for some tames when I came across a Alpha raptor lvl 11. It killed me along with some trikes. Since then it has come close to my base. (I am lvl 14) I live by the beach and have 3 tamed dilos, 1 para and and otter. I am not sure what should I do? I dont want my tames to get killed, please help! 

Thank you!

Make a bed away from ur base. Run naked and lure it away,die. Do not spawn at base it will follow. Spawn at ur decoy bed, do the same but bring it further. Rinse repeat

8 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Make a bed away from ur base. Run naked and lure it away,die. Do not spawn at base it will follow. Spawn at ur decoy bed, do the same but bring it further. Rinse repeat

Okay, but if it suddenly starts attacking my dinos and my base? should I use the kill command? Im not the one for cheating but I dont want my progress gone. (Im playing singleplayer)

24 minutes ago, GoofyG said:

Okay, but if it suddenly starts attacking my dinos and my base? should I use the kill command? Im not the one for cheating but I dont want my progress gone. (Im playing singleplayer)

You could.... if it does start wiping you and you MUST use an admin command just type in "admincheat destroywilddinos" (remember for future, this command will kill any dinos knocked out and being tamed - only wild dinos)

11 minutes ago, d1nk said:

All the wild, not tamed ones yes. You could walk up.to the raptor and do 'admincheat kill' aswell but you might die or accidently target a structure or tamed dino and kill it by accident

I will do the kill command if needed. I will aim at it with my slingshot and try to be far away from my dinos.if i am in singleplayer do i need to do admincheat before a command?

53 minutes ago, GoofyG said:

I will do the kill command if needed. I will aim at it with my slingshot and try to be far away from my dinos.if i am in singleplayer do i need to do admincheat before a command?

Are you at the metal tier yet? Alphas can't damage metal, so what you could do is build a small metal cage and trap and kill it. It should be about 4 metal foundations, with walls 3-4 high, the lower level being doorways (with no doors) and an exterior ramp leading up into the trap. 

Build a bed nearby and get it it to chase you into the trap. Either quickly run out the doors or just let it kill you. (have nothing in inventory) Respawn at bed, get your ranged weapon and shoot it through the doors till it's dead.

FYI there will be more Alphas, lots more. Cheating it away works but as a long term solution it is not optimal. 

I deal with Alphas (and big stuff) by hiding my dinos; sometimes behind walls sometimes behind walls far away from my dinos (out of their sight distance).

You could also probably somehow turn off alpha spawning. Although there is little difference between being wiped by an alpha and by a theri/giga/rex/sarco/wolf pack/raptor pack/etc.

It's actually easy to kill the smaller alphas with any dino with knockback. Trikes for example, and carnos work well too. Set yourself on a slight grade and get it to attack you coming uphill, and just hit first when it's coming at you. It will get knocked back down the slope and then come rushing straight at you again. Just keep popping it on the nose (for quite a long time) and knocking it straight back, and you will win the fight eventually. 

We discovered this strat (as many others have) a long time ago because alpha raptors and carnos will get under the feet of a rex where it can't be attacked, and can pin the rex in place while it kills it from underneath. We needed a way to not have that happen, and the slope / knockback trick with a rex is how we did it. And then came the revelation that any knockback dino can do it easy, and life has been pretty good ever since :)  

oh also, put your stuff up on a cliff face where an alpha can't get to it. Keep your otter and goods and such there, so you can start over easily if you catch the attention of a big predator. They do wander around.
And don't worry about losing dilos and paras, it's common to lose tames early on, and those don't take long to replace. It's an island full of dangerous dinos, after all, you have to accept that things will happen. (got a story about a 135 rex that wandered onto my hidden thatch base with my first tames in it. Couple good ones too. It happens.) 

On 3/24/2019 at 7:45 PM, TravisMichael said:

Are you at the metal tier yet? Alphas can't damage metal, so what you could do is build a small metal cage and trap and kill it. It should be about 4 metal foundations, with walls 3-4 high, the lower level being doorways (with no doors) and an exterior ramp leading up into the trap. 

Build a bed nearby and get it it to chase you into the trap. Either quickly run out the doors or just let it kill you. (have nothing in inventory) Respawn at bed, get your ranged weapon and shoot it through the doors till it's dead.

He said, he is lvl 14. He doesnt have metal tier. A high lvl Carno would be a cheaper method than the cage. All you need are arrows, meat, fibre, hide and ingots. 

I would second the suggestion about luring it away.

If the Alpha is near your base, go place another bed waaaaay far away from your base. Then try to get the alpha to follow you. When you die, spawn at the 2nd bed, and keep attracting the alpha.  Try to lure it towards an area where it will fall off a cliff, and make it hard to get back to your base area.

If that isn't working for you, then you could build a ramp trap, out of stone, and lure it into that.  You can then safely sit back and shoot it with arrows until it dies.

4 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

I would second the suggestion about luring it away.

If the Alpha is near your base, go place another bed waaaaay far away from your base. Then try to get the alpha to follow you. When you die, spawn at the 2nd bed, and keep attracting the alpha.  Try to lure it towards an area where it will fall off a cliff, and make it hard to get back to your base area.

If that isn't working for you, then you could build a ramp trap, out of stone, and lure it into that.  You can then safely sit back and shoot it with arrows until it dies.

It can destroy stone. Not sure if thats working.

in 2 levels you will have access to a Raft. you can then kite it out to the ocean, let the bastage bob.... by the time you get a raft though you can make a good taming raft. A decent tickle chicken/theri will shred an alpha raptor plus its just a good mount to have for resource gathering reasons but to enjoy that you need higher levels to make a saddle

Bola it with a theri set to attack target, no saddle needed, Maybe have a few campfires ready to cook all that prime meat! (use thatch not wood for fuel, no charcoal generation that way to juggle a space with

Archived