[official beginner] How do I stop auto-decay?

Jemcrystal

I built a foundation with a crop plot on top and pipes with a rain water catcher.  It auto-decayed even tho I pass by it daily and feed the plant species x at least once a week. 

I built a foundation and placed campfires and mortal&pestles on it.  Also a sign saying "unlocked" to show I was sharing my stuff.  It auto-decayed at the same time.

Yet my beach front is littered with at least three abandon rafts and a pile of dead bodies (I collected out of my yard) on the sand next to them.  Those have been there since before I created the foundations that were auto-decayed.

Auto-decay now seems to assault even things with ladders.  So how do I protect my belongings now?  Esp since some of those foundations I own have chests that carry very expensive blue prints for use and trade.  I would be heart broken if they suddenly were taken from me.  Took me over six months to find rare BP's.

It's a known bug unfortunately. Some structure may randomly autodecay and there's nothing you can do about that issue.

6 hours ago, Snipsnip said:

Just check the notes or wiki to see how auto decay works on certain structures. Wildcard changed how it works to stop foundation spam so you may need to place some walls or something on, just check the patch notes from a month or two ago 

They didn't change anything. It was put on shelf until a reasonable change can be ascertain. People still use the same method to spam and it has yet to decay.

If you hold "H" and look at any of your structures it will tell you how long before it will decay. Also, make sure your foundation are clipped to at least 1 other foundation for it to not decay in 12 hours. At the same time though, make sure you aren't throwing foundations everywhere because they will block resource and dino spawns. 

59 minutes ago, auntflo1 said:

If you hold "H" and look at any of your structures it will tell you how long before it will decay. Also, make sure your foundation are clipped to at least 1 other foundation for it to not decay in 12 hours. At the same time though, make sure you aren't throwing foundations everywhere because they will block resource and dino spawns. 

Did you even read his post entirely?

1 hour ago, Vaculity said:

Did you even read his post entirely?

Actually,  yes I did. Did you read your post? You keep mentioning placing "a foundation" with stuff that doesn't make your timers longer.  Your title says you are a beginner and you are wondering about how the auto decay timers work.  I gave you a way to see for yourself how long until your foundations, wall, whatever decays. Honestly, maybe you should read my answer and try some of it out. I tried to help you regardless so maybe you could lose the attitude. 

11 minutes ago, auntflo1 said:

Actually,  yes I did. Did you read your post? You keep mentioning placing "a foundation" with stuff that doesn't make your timers longer.  Your title says you are a beginner and you are wondering about how the auto decay timers work.  I gave you a way to see for yourself how long until your foundations, wall, whatever decays. Honestly, maybe you should read my answer and try some of it out. I tried to help you regardless so maybe you could lose the attitude. 

I am not the thread starter. You make it sound as if I was the one who started this thread.

39 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

No it isn't.? They changed it so pillars and foundations not snapped to anything else despawn.

@op, just clip a wall or something to the foundation and it won't despawn.

What. It has been like that past those mentioned months. They automatically decay if nothing else is attached to it.

This is kinda annoying and makes everything look aweful.  It wasn't a timer issue as I said I passed right by or over the foundation daily.  Walking on it.  So not a timer issue.  Glitch maybe.  But having to attach a ladder or wall to every foundation is silly dumb.  It limits creativity and looks awful.

Also do not see anything in the wiki that covers foundation decay risks.  And I am not about to read thru a thousand patch notes for one subject matter.

3 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

This is kinda annoying and makes everything look aweful.  It wasn't a timer issue as I said I passed right by or over the foundation daily.  Walking on it.  So not a timer issue.  Glitch maybe.  But having to attach a ladder or wall to every foundation is silly dumb.  It limits creativity and looks awful.

Also do not see anything in the wiki that covers foundation decay risks.  And I am not about to read thru a thousand patch notes for one subject matter.

Limit creativity... It's a single foundation... How creative can you be with one foundation... Just build it out of tek and make a boxe. It takes quite a while to decay.

Archived