Will colored dino event return?

Jemcrystal

Coloured dinos seem to WC's new way of doing special events these days. Put out unusually coloured dinos and call it an event. We had it last christmas and at easter, aswell as the archaeological event and extinction chronicals. Its almost certain that we'll get one at christmas, itll probably be similiar to last years event with red and green dinos. Not that I am complaining really, I do like these events. Still waiting for that special yellow coloued event so that I can replace my Pikachu jerboa from my previous server lol.

18 minutes ago, Jemcrystal said:

But you have no way of knowing if real dino's were not colorful.

This isnt technically true. I had to quickly do a wee search but scientists have been working on this. From the quick search alot of reds, reddish browns, and browns were common. I would need to read up on it more.

19 minutes ago, Jemcrystal said:

But no love for Thanksgiving Holiday?

I cant even remeber what happened with that event ? Was it colours. As a European it isnt a holiday over here.

21 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

But you have no way of knowing if real dino's were not colorful.

Just like modern birds im sure some of the flying species had brighter colors. But natural selection dictates if it was a land animal it would be colored to somewhat match its environment or be at a massive disadvantage againt predators. Just like angrysaltire said, most would be earthen colors to help blend with their surroundings. 

2 hours ago, ishootpaint said:

Just like modern birds im sure some of the flying species had brighter colors. But natural selection dictates if it was a land animal it would be colored to somewhat match its environment or be at a massive disadvantage againt predators. Just like angrysaltire said, most would be earthen colors to help blend with their surroundings. 

Really depends on what natural selection is selecting for. If it benefits a species to be camoflaged then yes it will select individuals which blend in. Some species 'like to be' conspicuous. I reference alot of seabirds like gulls and gannets which are supposidly white to aid location for food i.e. they can see others finding food. If sexual selection gets involved then goodness knows what a natural selection will select for, basically what the ladies like.....

Archived