Extinction Expectations?

TINYMAN

Hello Ark Community, TINYMAN here

Personally, I have very high hopes for Extinction and what WildCard has sold it as, but how do you guys feel about it? I feel like this game is a great one, even if it does deserve a small bit of hate, and extinction will just add to the gaming footprint that ARK is leaving on the industry. Also, the end of the storyline. I mean I haven't kept up with it a lot, but I vote Helena guys.

Leave your comments and ideas below and have a great day/night guys. :)

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

I think (hope) its going to be a big map with lots of stuff to do. I just wonder how its all going to blend in. I cant imagine living in a stone house with tek cities everywhere..

overgrown, dystophic tek cities*

Earth is literally mutated by quite a lot since Extinction takes place there, rather than in an ARK due to lore reasons after Aberration.

I already know of several things to expect: Craftable tek creatures (including the two drones spawned by overseer as shown in one of their recent teaser... hope they have a name rather than their blunt name), Titans, Element production while fending off against corrupted dinos, etc...

And I wonder what else will appear.

Everyone talks of Extinction being the end of Ark, but I think WildCard will surprise us with new story lines. 

"Extinction" might mean the end of life, but this map might also provide the means for us humanoids to transfer ourselves into pure Tek ?

29 minutes ago, DuoMog said:

Everyone talks of Extinction being the end of Ark, but I think WildCard will surprise us with new story lines. 

"Extinction" might mean the end of life, but this map might also provide the means for us humanoids to transfer ourselves into pure Tek ?

Depends on wether they wanna continue ark 1 or start working on ark 2 imo 

I am really forward to Exctinction. Wasnt looking forward to Aberattion now I love the DLC. Cant wait to see whats in store and see how it all wraps up. Not nessesarily looking forward to thatching it up with all the tek going about lol.

My money too is on Helena but I have reservations about that. She is just another survivor being guided through the Arks by the powerful being right ? Surely there is a higher power in play no ? 

13 hours ago, TINYMAN said:

Hello Ark Community, TINYMAN here

Personally, I have very high hopes for Extinction and what WildCard has sold it as, but how do you guys feel about it? I feel like this game is a great one, even if it does deserve a small bit of hate, and extinction will just add to the gaming footprint that ARK is leaving on the industry. Also, the end of the storyline. I mean I haven't kept up with it a lot, but I vote Helena guys.

Leave your comments and ideas below and have a great day/night guys. :)

I can't wait for it and am getting the tribe ready for when it drops! I look forward to the new map and new mechanics that will hopefully break up the current meta for farming and pvp :)

9 hours ago, DuoMog said:

Don't forget to come back for Ark 2 the search for more money!

13 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

I am really forward to Exctinction. Wasnt looking forward to Aberattion now I love the DLC. Cant wait to see whats in store and see how it all wraps up. Not nessesarily looking forward to thatching it up with all the tek going about lol.

My money too is on Helena but I have reservations about that. She is just another survivor being guided through the Arks by the powerful being right ? Surely there is a higher power in play no ? 

That's very logical, but all the explorer notes have been about the survivors and the new extinction chronicles ones are, pretty much, inferring that Helena wrote them. That's what I see at least. 

Archived