What Do You Have In Your Hotbar?

btb556

Console Peasant here (PS4)

I play PvE, and this is my normal load out. 

(from left to right on HUD)

1) Crossbow

2) Metal Pick

3) Metal Axe

4) Torch

5) Bolas

6) Metal Pike

7) Longneck Rifle

8 ) Spyglass

9) varies ... by situation but usually is either GPS or Metal Sicle. If doing cave runs, then usually is a brew or food option.

10) Mejoberries

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, it depends on what my goal is for each particular venture. If I'm just going exploring, then- 

1. Sword

2.Rifle

3.Crossbow

4.Pike/Torch/Secondary tranq Xbow. (Depends on where I am and where I'm going, and whether I feel like quick-taming something small as a pet.)

5.Pick

6.Hatchet

7.Sickle

8.3 Bola/3 Parachutes/Spyglass (Again, where I am and where I'm going, and what my goal is.)

9.Water Jar/Canteen

10.Cooked meat/Jerky (Also screw pegos, I kill them before they even get near me. Usually.)

But more or less, that's my staple hotbar layout. If I'm building/expanding, then I'll have all the structures lined out and craft/place as I go. If anyone has questions, feel free.

[Haha, it changed the F word into Raptor. Maybe it'll allow 'screw'.]

16 hours ago, MandaBear said:

I've seen quite a few people mess up when trying to pull out a spy glass and proceed to kill themselves by falling off of the bird ?

I used to keep my food or water in the slot. Like you said I made the mistake of pressing buttons to fast for my Xbox and fell out the sky.  Now I use that slot for whatever I’m building or something I won’t need to use while flying. 

15 hours ago, btb556 said:

Six doesn't dismount. E does.

fair enough lol consoles both have that button as the same button to mount and dismount except with the use of the left bumper added for #6. If the controller messes up and doesn't register the button, or you press it too fast -insert whistle falling noise followed by a pop- ?

10 minutes ago, MandaBear said:

fair enough lol consoles both have that button as the same button to mount and dismount except with the use of the left bumper added for #6. If the controller messes up and doesn't register the button, or you press it too fast -insert whistle falling noise followed by a pop- ?

Which is why i love wingsuits! Ill fly above water drops or pearls in pelagornis bay / canyon and jump off the bird to get quickly down to depth. So much fun jumping from above the canyon down below

Being a builder for my tribe and contract for other server tribes to build things.

1. Ascendant Whip.

2. Ascendant Climbing picks.

3. Ascendant Grapple hook crossbow.

4. Glowsticks (gray)*easier to light up area without blinding oneself*.

5. *Structure peice*

6. *Structure peice*

7. *Structure peice*

8. *Structure peice*

9. Ascendant Sword.

10. Tek Rifle.

11. Custom Food item.

12. Custom Drink item.

Just now, arathein said:

@MandaBear What does the spy glass in slot 6 do?  Now I want to try lol

Usual load out

1. Pick
  2. Sword
  3. Hatchet
  4. Custom food
  5. spyglass
  6. custom drink
  7. whip
  8. ranged weapon
  9. GPS
  10. something I don't mind pegos taking.

if you play consoles (apparently its not the same on pc) then at some point when you are flying and decide to whip out your spyglass quickly (will probably take a few times to mess up) you will dismount and go into a nice free fall ?

Archived