Dino you wish ARK hadn't nerfed

Kaweraklu

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe an unusual answer, but soon after Ark came to Xbox they nerfed dimorphodons, and it was soul-crushing. I had been safeguarding my first flock, letting them get ambient levels to whichever numbers I’d decided on, and I had only just started hunting with them when they got nerfed.

I was absolutely terrified to put them in the air again...it wasn’t until I’d seen several dozen YouTube videos confirming they were still effective and doubling the size of my flock to twenty-five before I went out with them again.

I was absolutely ecstatic when single player, non-dedicated and dedicated got server setting options to let me buff my pets back to my comfort zone...but it was a nerve wracking nightmare until then.

In terms of what I actually personally am disappointed by?  Therizino.   There's no doubt that it was OP but given that they STILL haven't ever made the Therizino a sane dino to breed or even to tame,  and given how relentlessly those things terrorized me as a newbie trying to make a start in the jungle, the OPness always felt warranted.  

In terms of what objectively harmed the game and the community on a wide scale, and is arguably the biggest balance mistake they've ever made?   The flier nerf.

On 4/18/2018 at 9:12 PM, AngryChris73 said:

Especially it sucks on ragnorak where alphas are nonexistent, its been a couple months since i've seen an alpha rex

Most of Ragnarok's alphas... Are concentrated in the Ocean. I can't go more then 5 feet in the ocean without running into an alpha Tuso, Mosa, or shark. Is ridic. Can't level up Rexes on alpha Mosa! ?

The speed of the Quetzal is an absolute travesty for such a huge animal.  If they were buffed to about 1.5x or 2x their current speed I might look at using them again. Right now it takes up too much of a session just in the air waiting.  I'm not pessimistic about the flier nerf in general, just the quetzal, especially on PVE.

37 minutes ago, Und1taker7 said:

The speed of the Quetzal is an absolute travesty for such a huge animal.  If they were buffed to about 1.5x or 2x their current speed I might look at using them again. Right now it takes up too much of a session just in the air waiting.  I'm not pessimistic about the flier nerf in general, just the quetzal, especially on PVE.

It really is bad. At least give us .ini options to change them as we please on unofficial

6 hours ago, Shoosty said:

In terms of what I actually personally am disappointed by?  Therizino.   There's no doubt that it was OP but given that they STILL haven't ever made the Therizino a sane dino to breed or even to tame,  and given how relentlessly those things terrorized me as a newbie trying to make a start in the jungle, the OPness always felt warranted.  

In terms of what objectively harmed the game and the community on a wide scale, and is arguably the biggest balance mistake they've ever made?   The flier nerf.

The theriz is the king of official server boss slaying.  Most peeps start with rexes but switch to theriz once dragon and overseer are on the table.  I for 1 hate theriz because of their completely idiotic AI.  If it wants its personal space why the fruit is it walking up to us and then jumping us?  Then add theriz is the arena king simply because of a cheap trick and the ill feelings get even worse.

18 hours ago, Brayle said:

Pteras by far. With all these other op flyers now, pteras are really garbage. They are just a trash version of a griffin now. I don’t see why you would ever want a ptera over a griffin in any scenario. 

I think thats kind of the hole point, its the 1st flyer, its supposed to be trash compared to the higher end 1s.  Compared to non dlc flyers its still the fastest and the best at hit and run making it tied for best non dlc flyer with the argy(B4 TLC update ptera was hands down the best).

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 6:05 AM, DJRone89 said:

Every dino before the great dino nerf of early 2016. Watching everyone’s reaction blow up in chat was just plain sad, but then again the legacy servers back then had only recently increased the wild dino level cap to 120 from 60.

Looking back, the nerf was definitely needed because everything was insanely OP. For anyone who plays unofficial, that’s the reason the tamed dino’s health and melee is much lower than 1.0.

I remember when Pteradons would 1 hit Alpha raptors with a barrel roll. You could up their melee to over 1000% and yet when the nerf there were people amazingly trying to argue that Pteradons were already balanced... ?

12 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I remember when Pteradons would 1 hit Alpha raptors with a barrel roll. You could up their melee to over 1000% and yet when the nerf there were people amazingly trying to argue that Pteradons were already balanced... ?

Lol when center released we did all meat runs, alpha killing, farming etc on ptera instead. You wpuld find 150 ptera like candy everywhere. We needed the flier nerf

Archived