Why not merge legacy and official servers?

CarpeDiemIn

On 4/18/2018 at 3:35 AM, Klakky said:

All bps are limited anyway

Duping and exploit still a prob on new servs too I recently saw  a rex 30khp 1400% melee...

Also a month ago they fixed a huge bug with the map( guess under meshing but its still nit fixed) a bug abused for 3 years, even on new servers..... I would be mad because of everything I left on legacy but damn I do need better rex stats than 14khp 461% melee hehe

how is it 3 years old if it was made july 1 2015 ? (its not even 3 years old yet including early access)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2018 at 9:54 AM, HiImZech said:

you don't change the code. the save file is breaking the code.

and no the codes are not the same. we don't get no-build zone on mountains like how official have.

its not vastly different its some bits here and there that are different, but even those bits is enough to cause a lot of damage

The save files is a code and would need to be replaced with another save file which would be another code. Thus the code needs to be replaced

Why not merge legacy and official servers?

I dont know man.  After us being told to migrate, and some of us gave up our bases and dinos on Legacy, and now some legacy servers are being closed down and prepurposed, the idea of merging Legacy and Official is like opening our wounds and spitting salt in it.

What do you think?

I think alot of people forget when it's all said and done this is just a game.  If your stuff gets wiped and you have to start over honestly what's wrong with that?  I've always felt the best part of Ark is the journey, and the best part of the journey is the very beginning when things are really hard!!! Maybe it's just me but I know I've started over so many times, mostly on dedi servers and I build up, and something happens and I move, and I start over.  Currently playing on one of the CrossArk servers where some other tribes are at war.  We were just told last night that if the tribe we are allied with is defeated then our entire server is going to get wiped.  It might happen and it might not. If it does?  Well we've always wanted to check out those 6 member servers so maybe we'll head there next...

The reality is only one, in the beginning it was necessary to give the opportunity for new players to have the chance to have space without suffering competition with the great tribes. Another fact that encouraged the Ark team to take this initiative was to try to stop the tribes from acting in bad faith by duplicating items that exploit gaming failures. Let's be practical, enough time has passed for the novice to have room, the second motivation has not been successful (so far, at least), so there is no logical reason to still have this water divider. I believe that this matter is already being discussed among them, they are sensible people and this should happen soon, thus restoring the trust with the older players.

Guest DJRone89

This thread should have died with Jat’s comment stating a merge wasn’t possible anyway, as much as the self-hard done by wanted it.

At the end of the day, legacy players chose to stay instead of starting over on official because they couldn’t let go. Migrating each time a server cull happens is becoming too much for them, so they propose a merge.

I conclude; this is the thought process of legacy to official players: “Oh you left to start on the official cluster 10 months ago? Well I stayed on my own accord, but it would be unfair for me to start over when you’ve had such a head start.”

3 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

(- Snip because it's right above my reply -)

I play legacy (pve), I chose to stay here, I'm still happy and have fun, I don't regret my decision and I do not want to have legacy and officials merged. 

The migrations are not becoming "too much for me". My servers either stay or get deleted, and when they are deleted I'm done with officials. Don't act like all legacy players complain about their own decision all the time. Most of "us" are still happy, we all play the same game after all.

2 hours ago, Weiss said:

I plail legacy (pve), I cs imose to stay here, I'm still happy and have fun, I don't regret my decision and I do not want to have legacy and officials merged. 

The migrations are not becoming "too much for me". My servers either stay or get deleted, and when they are deleted I'm done with officials. Don't act like all legacy players complain about their own decision all the time. Most of "us" are still happy, we all play the same game after all.

I also Chose to stay on legacy ps4 PVE as a solo player Its took Me 18 Months  to get where I am so IM here till the end I dont want them merged because Im having a great x3 event breeding No tame cap here lol

So since the admin support on legacy servers has stopped and server amounts getting lower, the chaos and use of expliots/glitches/bugs has esculated to total extreme, Under meshing of bases is a regular thing,  its got the point where players have to get under the mesh under there own bases to build defences to try and stop it, any bug/glitch/exploit thats out and open to the ark community is in use without policing, with server amounts getting lower and lower and with more closures, complete chaos has been formed, huge mega alliances have been formed and huge wars spill out into entire server wipes/meshing, the small guys hit first and easy, the GOD animals (Rexs born with 47k health, 1300melee) are king, once leveled hitting the cap of 449 (450 they get deleted) they finish with health 100k+ 2000melee, dropping of rexs from quetz has become a thing, with such high health and melee, they can chew through dinos and soak bullets like they the terminator, it can take up to 7 other gods to stop it before to much damage is done, Legacy is slowly becoming a KING OF THE HILL Situation, and an option needs to be made to allow player only data transfer from legacy to official possible, to help the loyal continue on with their characters and finally end lagacy pain

Guest DJRone89
On 6/23/2018 at 9:33 AM, Weiss said:

I play legacy (pve), I chose to stay here, I'm still happy and have fun, I don't regret my decision and I do not want to have legacy and officials merged. 

Maybe read my comment again. I didn’t say all legacy players, only those who support the merge are the whiners.

At least with your case, your time on Ark will die when you no longer have the drive to continue migrating. I respect that a hell lot more than the people who propose the merge just because they left it too late.

What I do not understand is ... why are legacy servers open to receive new players?

A player who bought Ark today, does not know the difference between legacy and new. Then it will choose any server, or, by ping. Anyway, new players have started on legacy servers, and that's kind of weird.

After all, what is the purpose of the legacies? If it is to isolate old players, no support, no ticket, no correction of cheated items, then why maintain a legacy?

I want to understand that. If it is possible to merge between legacy and new, then do.

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, arrojado1200 said:

What I do not understand is ... why are legacy servers open to receive new players?

A player who bought Ark today, does not know the difference between legacy and new. Then it will choose any server, or, by ping. Anyway, new players have started on legacy servers, and that's kind of weird.

After all, what is the purpose of the legacies? If it is to isolate old players, no support, no ticket, no correction of cheated items, then why maintain a legacy?

I want to understand that. If it is possible to merge between legacy and new, then do.

You’d have to be pretty clueless to a pick legacy server and make a start on them when the default tab filter is on official

4 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

You’d have to be pretty clueless to a pick legacy server and make a start on them when the default tab filter is on official

Yeah ... but it happens. A noob player does not observe this sort of thing. I play on legacy and every week there is a new player starting on the server. We know why they talk in the chat ... "Hello, I just bought the game, someone can help me."

I can not understand why legacy servers allow new players.

On 6/23/2018 at 12:38 AM, DJRone89 said:

This thread should have died with Jat’s comment stating a merge wasn’t possible anyway, as much as the self-hard done by wanted it.

At the end of the day, legacy players chose to stay instead of starting over on official because they couldn’t let go. Migrating each time a server cull happens is becoming too much for them, so they propose a merge.

I conclude; this is the thought process of legacy to official players: “Oh you left to start on the official cluster 10 months ago? Well I stayed on my own accord, but it would be unfair for me to start over when you’ve had such a head start.”

Hrrrmm. Sounds like you are complaining over legacy players making a suggestion to merge. Jat did not state it was impossible he stated it would require some development work (source is in this thread). Either way the thread was created to bring forth a discussion about a merge. Obviously it is far fetched however it at least brought the dialogue to the forums. Thank you for your opinions

Guest DJRone89
3 minutes ago, CarpeDiemIn said:

Hrrrmm. Sounds like you are complaining over legacy players making a suggestion to merge. 

You nailed it. Why should the remaining legacy players get to keep their stuff while those who switched to the official cluster lost everything and had to start over?

I have been thinking about this a lot lately.

No, merge should never happen.

Problem is the way this has gone.

The root of the problem is this, legacy players (supporters of the game since day 1) have build a community. Alone or in a tribe they have all shared their experience and in all made those servers special.

Ofc some servers are toxic and 1 tribe will rule them all (PVE/PVP)

But i would say 80% of those PVE Legacy servers had something special togheter. They worked wogether, they made progresss together. They made real life friendship togehter.

And now thats most of that gone, people get mad, upset, frustrated, and feel the need to leave.

So the community of those players made together is gone, for the most part. And its really sad to be honest.

My main server on legacy is deleted, for me it was not that bad to be honest. But what hit me was that our community was lost. And that was the thing that "hurt" me most.

The way it should be done, since WildCard dont play by the rules is that they should have keept the legacy server, not deleted them but insteed removed people who dupped. Removed "game breaking" high lvl items. And resett it, but keep the server and players alive.

This way, we would have not been in this mess to begin with.

I am a legacy player, i lost it all but i want to keep going on. Rebuild myself back up but in my core. I miss legacy, our community, all we had.

I am now on the `New Official Server` and its pure pain. Tame cap, lag, high ping, tribes that stuff tames in to keep it capped. Structure limit, its all a challenge and not in the good way. Its just a "you cant tame, you cant build limit after limit!" And yea i am talking about PVE Official server.

On Legacy this was not a problem at all. I mean ping was maybe 80 at max even with a lot of going on, now 150-255 at weekday!

They should have keept Legacy server as it was but "nerf" removed OP stuff to resett it a little.

Its a mess now.

Old servers worked, people enjoyed it. Now new people join and cant even play the game. It was and always will be better with the old servers. It worked.

So no, merge is not the answer. Keeping how it was with fixing the stuff that did not work is the answer,

On 6/25/2018 at 2:39 AM, Danielnz00 said:

So since the admin support on legacy servers has stopped and server amounts getting lower, the chaos and use of expliots/glitches/bugs has esculated to total extreme, Under meshing of bases is a regular thing,  its got the point where players have to get under the mesh under there own bases to build defences to try and stop it, any bug/glitch/exploit thats out and open to the ark community is in use without policing, with server amounts getting lower and lower and with more closures, complete chaos has been formed, huge mega alliances have been formed and huge wars spill out into entire server wipes/meshing, the small guys hit first and easy, the GOD animals (Rexs born with 47k health, 1300melee) are king, once leveled hitting the cap of 449 (450 they get deleted) they finish with health 100k+ 2000melee, dropping of rexs from quetz has become a thing, with such high health and melee, they can chew through dinos and soak bullets like they the terminator, it can take up to 7 other gods to stop it before to much damage is done, Legacy is slowly becoming a KING OF THE HILL Situation, and an option needs to be made to allow player only data transfer from legacy to official possible, to help the loyal continue on with their characters and finally end lagacy pain

Support on legacy is still true, some cheaters got banned, if you join the evidence. And imo there is same amout of cheaters than in official. The idea where legacy is only a mega alliance is false. There is alliances yes, but policits is not as big as in officials. Most of alphas have one server or 2 and are medium small tribes. Its has nothing to do with server cap officials mega tribes. 

Despites godrex are a true thing, officials server breeding is way more active and it will be soon equal.

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, Mike518 said:

The Great Migration is a really big problem

Repurposing servers that have dead populations into new servers is a problem?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2018 at 9:05 PM, iStephano said:

I have been thinking about this a lot lately.

No, merge should never happen.

Problem is the way this has gone.

The root of the problem is this, legacy players (supporters of the game since day 1) have build a community. Alone or in a tribe they have all shared their experience and in all made those servers special.

Ofc some servers are toxic and 1 tribe will rule them all (PVE/PVP)

But i would say 80% of those PVE Legacy servers had something special togheter. They worked wogether, they made progresss together. They made real life friendship togehter.

And now thats most of that gone, people get mad, upset, frustrated, and feel the need to leave.

So the community of those players made together is gone, for the most part. And its really sad to be honest.

My main server on legacy is deleted, for me it was not that bad to be honest. But what hit me was that our community was lost. And that was the thing that "hurt" me most.

The way it should be done, since WildCard dont play by the rules is that they should have keept the legacy server, not deleted them but insteed removed people who dupped. Removed "game breaking" high lvl items. And resett it, but keep the server and players alive.

This way, we would have not been in this mess to begin with.

I am a legacy player, i lost it all but i want to keep going on. Rebuild myself back up but in my core. I miss legacy, our community, all we had.

I am now on the `New Official Server` and its pure pain. Tame cap, lag, high ping, tribes that stuff tames in to keep it capped. Structure limit, its all a challenge and not in the good way. Its just a "you cant tame, you cant build limit after limit!" And yea i am talking about PVE Official server.

On Legacy this was not a problem at all. I mean ping was maybe 80 at max even with a lot of going on, now 150-255 at weekday!

They should have keept Legacy server as it was but "nerf" removed OP stuff to resett it a little.

Its a mess now.

Old servers worked, people enjoyed it. Now new people join and cant even play the game. It was and always will be better with the old servers. It worked.

So no, merge is not the answer. Keeping how it was with fixing the stuff that did not work is the answer,

Wow ... very good. Great. I am also a legacy player, although I am moving to the new cluster the few. But I share with you these same feelings

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, arrojado1200 said:

Recently (July 3 to be exact), there was a merge of the "Fresh" servers to the new cluster. So if you have managed to do that, I think it is possible to repeat it with the legacys. I think the merge between Legacy and New Cluster is just a matter of decision ... and not technical.

Legacy servers were filled with not only duped items, but OP ones from unbalanced mechanics in the early stage of the game. Let's take in example fished blueprints, anyone remember? In addition, breeding lines are not legit; most of the stats were obtained from taming wild babies or from restored creatures by GMs before they set a max level to their policy, and so on. There is too many reason as to why they should not and won't ever be merged together. We all know that they could merge them today if they wanted to, but that would be a very stupid move if you ask me and that for all the reasons mentioned in the previous posts. In conclusion, if you still play on legacy, you made a choice and accepted the fact that your progression will be wiped at some point and you have to assume it.

Archived