How Long Are Your Days and Nights?

Myrm

Hi.

I am currently playing on Single Player on The Island.  I think this game weather system must be modelled on Scotland as it seems to rain far too often.  Then the nights also  have a sneaky way of creeping up on you.  It seems to be a rarity that I get a decent length of time where it's day time with  no  rain or fog,  and so render my viewing distance remarkable deficient.  It seems to always turn night or rainy/foggy at the most inopportune times. This got me to thinking:

Have many of you changed the length of your days and nights?  If so, what ratio to day length have you made to night length?

Thank you. 

Personally I use default gamma and I just left the daytime ratio default.. Cause it really doesnt bother me much.. I just Pull out a torch/flashlight attachment Gun when it gets dark.. But If i had to change it at all.. I probably would do a bit more day and less night, i dont use megas so sleep debt doesnt affect me.. But troodons are less active in the daylight 

Use the CE command to control the weather

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Console_Commands

Guest DJRone89

Default 1x day/night ratio and cycles. Plenty options for nighttime play in the form of torches, lantern pets, night vision goggles, gamma etc.

Right now I have the ratios at default but have the overall day longer.

At times I've made incredibly long nights and days go by as quickly as possible. Lately I've been messing with SP sliders to mass breed argentavis. The overnight temp where I keep most of my tames is cold enough that their eggs don't hatch, so I can have a pair breeding and leave for a while. Come back every 10, 20 minutes or whatever, collect eggs, put them in a fridge, and wait until I have enough to do a mass hatching. Much less of a time sink than actually waiting to collect them individually, and long nights let me do this for longer periods of time (during the day they all just hatch and I have to clean up the mess).

Not that that has anything to do with your question, but one of my favorite things about this game is how easily you can tailor it to fit what you're looking for. 

9 hours ago, Rufiosghost said:

Right now I have the ratios at default but have the overall day longer.

At times I've made incredibly long nights and days go by as quickly as possible. Lately I've been messing with SP sliders to mass breed argentavis. The overnight temp where I keep most of my tames is cold enough that their eggs don't hatch, so I can have a pair breeding and leave for a while. Come back every 10, 20 minutes or whatever, collect eggs, put them in a fridge, and wait until I have enough to do a mass hatching. Much less of a time sink than actually waiting to collect them individually, and long nights let me do this for longer periods of time (during the day they all just hatch and I have to clean up the mess).

Not that that has anything to do with your question, but one of my favorite things about this game is how easily you can tailor it to fit what you're looking for. 

Hi @Rufiosghost  Thanks for your reply.  You make a vary interesting point there about the breeding/egg incubation.

On 8.4.2018 at 11:01 AM, Myrm said:

Hi @Rufiosghost  Thanks for your reply.  You make a vary interesting point there about the breeding/egg incubation.

Na, just use a egg collector mod.

I run my unofficial cluster with vanilla settings for day and night. There are actualy some mechanics like the Megalosaurus that are impacted if you change it. And changing it for eggs to not incubate is overkill. You are making a big change that impacts much more than just incubation.

On 4/7/2018 at 12:18 PM, Boubbin said:

with gamma -command there is like no visual difference between day and night. 

Everybody uses it literally...

..Guess I don't get included as "everybody".. :Jerbcry: I don't use it.

Now that I am on Ragnarok there doesn't seem to be fog, not like on the Island at least. I have messed with days and nights before but always end up coming back to default times.

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, Boubbin said:

Do you count it as cheating or why you don't want to use it?

Some people just like to play something as intended that doesn’t make another feature obsolete i.e. gamma, crosshairs, player map locat etc.

8 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Some people just like to play something as intended that doesn’t make another feature obsolete i.e. gamma, crosshairs, player map locat etc.

Yeah not everyone does that.. I do. Personal preference i guess... personally i disable playerlocation on map so i have to use compas/gps.. I use default gamma and use the various lightsources available..

I stick to default day/night because of the unseen effects.. Temperatures.. Megalosaurus sleep debt during day, troodons at night etc (im doubtful but does daytime play a factor in greenhouse effect?)

Archived