• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, yakushi said:

Screenshot_20180206-115429.png

Fair enough for that, I was kinda refering to speculating about what exploit this patch was for and evertone lsoing their heads over it. Also I love the guys attitude of I knew of this exploit but kept it secret so that others could keep doing it..  How about informing the devs about it lol ? 

7 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

>.> How about old people who lived there since the start of the server? How are we gonna recruit new slaves? New player only join new server, to keep a tribe running, you need a constant flow of new player to do all the chores until they quit ark because of one reason or an other. Should I feed my dinos myself? Presposterous! You newbies are made for those ungrateful jobs. Btw, I'm recruiting, wanna join?

As a solo player for the almost two years, I did everything from feeding dinos to metal runs to filling up dung beetles myself. :P

4 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

But they did not say all cheats and exploits are pardonned, only THIS one is. Do you know which one it is? It could be the fact that you can smelt metal, make gasolin and make charcoal at the same time. You don't know, so you can't judge.

As much as I agree with you here, I dont think they would ban people for that hahaha I think its more serious than that

We dont know what the exploit it was but going from the phrasing in the statement the nature of the exploit ment you knew you were doing it and knew it was an exploit. 

2 minutes ago, MikasaTanikawa said:

What is the logic behind such statement? Exploit existed everywhere on PC since 2015 and wasn't disclosed. Admins on unofficial servers can't find something if they don't know what they're looking for.

Well, for starters when we find a cheater, we remove a cheater.... not give them a free pass because they make up a large portion of our player base.

Hello,

I hope it is the access storage of other tribes. If a player do that as if he is a GM they need not explain what they have patched. Every player with some honor knows it is not supposed to be OK. That also gives GM/admins a bad reputation because everyone blames the admin for over policing the server.

It might also be players that cause max ping deliberately also here Wild Card do not need to explain the reason for the patch as it is equally bad behavior and quickly recognized by the players that do it.

As I only recently found storage accessed and minor trolling on PvE I guess it is high ping players server vulnerability.

But it might also be dinos that drain turrets like Bronto platformsaddle builds.

When I played on PvP long ago every server had max ping as some players logged in. What they actually gained from this is not known to me but almost every bug and exploit becomes so visible with high lag.

Soon enough I guess we all find what the patch patched :)

Regards,

Ariana

4 minutes ago, RasFW said:

Well, for starters when we find a cheater, we remove a cheater.... not give them a free pass because they make up a large portion of our player base.

But what if it's something they didn't know about? Or it became so common, that everyone is using it, thinking it's how it's supposed to be? Like anky farming overweight being carried by a quetz?

All well and good...but i got a dragon to imprint...lol,,i don't mind the grind..been playing for 3ish years now..was kinda hope'n this was the TLC update. I have characters on 5 different maps all legit grinding, and i share dinos and matts between servers..The other tribes don't really effect  my game play and i watch tribes come and go...The resource blockers annoy me but they don't seem to last..I have raise a few Tickets and Dev have fixed all my probs..not quickly but consistently.. I knew the beta servers would get wiped, so i am kind of used to starting over.. luv the game thankx for Pve  got sic of being murdered every day on PvP for my hand full of metal..its nice to just fly around and unwind with a bit of Dino carnage..Thank you for Actively  monitoring the game and keeping it fresh...

Just now, yakushi said:

If they don't punish cheaters nor move cheated servers to legacy, then there is no point for us new players to play on official servers at this point.

So basically :

How about you join me and feed my dinos? My new slaves recently stopped playing because their school started again. I'll lend you a Phiomia to run around with.

7 minutes ago, jpcab said:

Really? U know things i dont know.

But seriously i d like to know..if someone is available to enlight me..thanks in advance 

Playing innocent, aren't we?

Most innocent people's first reaction would be, "Who did it? What did they do?"

A guilty reaction is, "I didn't do it."

There is a high chance YOU are using the exploit. I vote that @jpcab should be submitted to torture until he spills the beans.

*And thus, the witch hunt started*

4 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

Playing innocent, aren't we?

Most innocent people's first reaction would be, "Who did it? What did they do?"

A guilty reaction is, "I didn't do it."

There is a high chance YOU are using the exploit. I vote that @jpcab should be submitted to torture until he spills the beans.

Except that there is a list of people who were accused of Unicorn, convicted, and then were acquitted of all charges, who also said "I didn't do it". This is why listen and believe is a terrible idea.

2 minutes ago, Sphere said:

Except that there is a list of people who were accused of Unicorn, convicted, and then were acquitted of all charges, who also said "I didn't do it". This is why listen and believe is a terrible idea.

They said "I didn't do it" when they were asked if they did it. He just poped out of nowhere and said, "I didn't do it" when they didn't even ask and just announced it.

I have mixed feelings here. I play on unofficial only, and don't deal with cheaters. We do get to deal with crap like the flyer nerf (thank God for mods!) though. However, I now have to download an 8.2GB patch and it has me curious as to what was so bad that such a monster patch was released. As the owner of multiple dedicated servers I really would like to know, but I doubt I'll hear anything. Heck, I just want to know what the exploit did, not how to do it! Did it grant god-mode? Did it grant duped items/dinos? What did it do that was this massive? That's all I want to know.

I have friends around the globe now who won't be on for a while as they download this massive patch. I have TWC 300Mbps speed, but most of them do not.

If WC doesn't like to ban cheater tribes, then just take away the product of their exploits, and if you cant identify what to take then take all and let them start fresh, no base, dinos or gear.

Simply ignoring it makes no sense. Are you gonna call off the previous bans that were less severe than this one? And how will you make it up to them :P  

This way all WC is advertising is "Join a mega tribe and get a ban pass, it really doesn't matter what you do, as long as there are lots of other people doing it..."

3 hours ago, Zederia said:

"Under normal circumstances, such an exploit would deem a global tribe wipe, and a comprehensive ban for all players involved from our Official Network, as well as BattlEye-protected servers. On this occasion, we have decided that we will be providing a one-time amnesty to everyone involved; this means that no one will be banned or wiped, as the impact of the action would have been too widescale and have a significant effect on our Official Servers."

So, because they're mega-tribes they're immune from being banned, or wiped. Well, let's unban all the cheaters that VAC and battle-eye caught before too huh?

you have PROOF people cheated and you're not going to take ANY action? What the hell? They deserve to be punished, PUNISH THEM!

You are completely right. Regardless of what exploit was used, by who, how it was done, how long it was done for there is an absolute sign of corruption in wildcard. it cant be argued. if you ban some and do not ban others, that is corruption, regardless of the reason. very unethical

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to cheaters prosper!

Archived