43 minutes ago, Probitas said:

What does this say about the nerfs done to flyers in the name of PvP equity? Would this not mean it was totally unnecessary and people were blaming flyers for something that might have been happening anyway everywhere else? And to allow that many players to get away with it? For sure I'm never stepping foot on an official server again, I always figured they were large on  cheaters, now that belief is vindicated, and clearly WC is enabling them - the only saving grace might be that they are monitoring the cheaters to see what they do next.

And did they pay someone off for the exploit? Cause a bug that was there for 2 years is not something I think they were able to find on their own.

What this says is that if another exploit (bug that is taken advantage of and not reported by players) is found in the future and similar amounts of players use it, they will fix it, but still not ban, meaning cheaters really do prosper, over and over again.

Flier nerf really??  Get OVER IT!   It was a needed balance item across the board.  Even in PvE it made the maps feel tiny when you could sprint across them in a number of seconds on a max speed ptera.  The fliers got over nerfed, and then rebalanced.   That is how these games work.  That is how every game works.  

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ac273 said:

Flier nerf really??  Get OVER IT!   It was a needed balance item across the board.  Even in PvE it made the maps feel tiny when you could sprint across them in a number of seconds on a max speed ptera.  The fliers got over nerfed, and then rebalanced.   That is how these games work.  That is how every game works.  

You didn't actually respond to the question though. You just ranted on your view. And for what it's worth, the maps feel just as small when sprinting on a bear or rhino. You are just repeating the official WC line. Since it's now clear WC has some very hazy morals when it comes to cheating and punishment, I can't trust a damn thing they say on any issue.

16 minutes ago, Probitas said:

If they won't ban they won't ban, it's a sissy response to a serious problem though. But the fair thing would have been to do a total and complete wipe to square one for all servers, like they should have when they launched, like I had stated. And anytime there is a severe game breaking bug fixed they should do it again. That will teach cheaters not to cheat far more than any ban would.

Something tells me WC doesn't have the stones for it though. They are afraid of the consequences.

So people that are playing legit should be wiped to? Since someone else cheated? That’s not a good idea at all.

28 minutes ago, iStephano said:

So people that are playing legit should be wiped to? Since someone else cheated? That’s not a good idea at all.

Yes. That is fair for all. The cheaters get forced back to square one without all their ill gotten gains. Everyone else starts over as well, as that is the fair thing to do if you won't ban cheaters. Otherwise, ban the cheaters. You can't have it both ways and claim it's fair when you basically do nothing at all.

I think you Americans need to read up on your own history and why the Declaration of Independence came to be. WC is basically the crown telling us they know people broke the law, but that they will do nothing to upset the status quo, including no punishment. Meaning that if they punished the cheaters they (WC) would somehow be harmed. Not much different than taxing people for no reason except that you can. It's pretty damn insulting to the rest of the player base, except the majority of players won't touch the official with a 10 foot cattle prod, so what they've done is cemented the validity of player perception of Official servers as a haven for cheaters.

It would be like making a law that says robbing a bank is illegal, catch you doing it, but letting you keep the money and not punish you turning your crime into a Government grant. (maybe not as severe, but the similarity is spot on)

They had no problem wiping our official server last August and we played, built, and tamed on it since day 1 of server start.  It was on PS4.  

Duping is alive and well/ at least on console.  That is why I started five servers and play on unofficial.  

But, since Wildcard will not officially do anything to those that have and will continue to cheat; I will not be providing any other purchases for their products.  Their stance of not taking action is ridiculous -  the game should end with non-leadership like that.

Guest DJRone89
22 minutes ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

So many people cheated that they would have to ban too many of their money making playerbase lmao. This is what happens when you're incompetent and lazy WC.  At least risking destroying your own game to actually punish those who cheated would be something to have respect for though.

And then screw over the remaining playerbase.

Logic, not everyone has it.

Guest DJRone89
10 minutes ago, Zederia said:

they have ways to make it up to the playerbase though, the legit ones

But by using the logic of the guy I previously quoted, there may not be a game left to make it up for. Is that really a risk worth taking, for respect?

Also: this

Guest DJRone89
1 minute ago, Zederia said:

so.. "here's a cheater haven, good luck!"

Take it or leave it. This is awful and I’m glad I’m not apart of it, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. A taste so foul, after I throw in the hosting towel, I’d rather quit Ark than go back to official.

1 minute ago, DJRone89 said:

Take it or leave it. This is awful and I’m glad I’m not apart of it, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. A taste so foul, after I throw in the hosting towel, I’d rather quit Ark than go back to official.

if you don't speak up you deserve what you get. if you DO speak up and they do nothing they get what they deserve

2 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

But by using the logic of the guy I previously quoted, there may not be a game left to make it up for. Is that really a risk worth taking, for respect?

Also: this

If you expect people to actually respect your opinions and take your threats seriously then yes you punish the cheaters thie first time, even if doing so is a setback for a little while. What letting it go tells me is that their threats are empty, and when (not if) people inevitably start cheating again WC won't seriously be there to punish the action. Worst 'punishment' that will happen will be having to rebuy the game which isn't much of an issue because this game is constantly on sale anyways.

i give it 3 months before cheating is fairly common again. 

4 minutes ago, Zederia said:

so.. "here's a cheater haven, good luck!"

Official servers have long since devolved past that point. Take the latest big "War", that to some extent, is still going on. It's being waged by two tribes that have received numerous full server wipes, lengthy tribe-wide bans and still use players that have been banned, in a couple cases, even on stream, using third party cheats. 

Absolutely no one with any experience with Official Servers will ever, truthfully, honestly, claim that they are anything but a wild west. You can find low key honest PvP, but at the same token, you can find all out brawls featuring duping and aimbotting. Given the description of the "Vulnerability", I am guessing it is one of the half a dozen methods to dupe that were, pre-patch still functioning (I'm not a duper, I can't tell you if they still do). Every major group on Official cheated. Still cheats. And to be fair. Will likely continue to cheat.  That is the reality of it.

I applaud Wildcard for *trying* to get a handle on it, but to be frank, it is far too little, and far too late. In these kinds of games, you need actual zero tolerance policies, otherwise you get run over. As it stands, we have streamers, who have been banned for aimbotting before, streaming Ark. We have tribes that have been banned, and dev wiped, for everything from duping, to undermeshing, to aimbotting, playing for literal years after those bans/wipes occur. At this point, everyone knows that cheating is a part of the game, and the only difficulty in it, is doing enough "Work" to not get caught (Which isn't much. Just cheat on a character, on a throw-away steam account) and nothing will ever be done to you, even if in some cases, there is no deniability. 

Guest DJRone89
2 minutes ago, Zederia said:

if you don't speak up you deserve what you get. if you DO speak up and they do nothing they get what they deserve

Speaking up in the instance won’t make a difference if what I linked turns out to be true.

Here’s why I believe it to be true; duping only became rampant when server transfers opened up which was summer 2016, a year after the alleged exploit had started. The same goes for under meshing that only really started after The Center launched, again summer 2016.

This known exploit has been a thing since August 2015. I don’t think the devs want this to get out but needed to bring something up to justify dropping the bigger than usual update out of nowhere. In this instance, it’s possible that banning people would literally destroy the game and/or be a PR nightmare.

8 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Speaking up in the instance won’t make a difference if what I linked turns out to be true.

Here’s why I believe it to be true; duping only became rampant when server transfers opened up which was summer 2016, a year after the alleged exploit had started. The same goes for under meshing that only really started after The Center launched, again summer 2016.

This known exploit has been a thing since August 2015. I don’t think the devs want this to get out but needed to bring something up to justify dropping the bigger than usual update out of nowhere. In this instance, it’s possible that banning people would literally destroy the game and/or be a PR nightmare.

Duping was rampant far before transfers were released. Transfers simply allowed for the truth to come out because that is when it became ridiculously obvious. The exact same dupe mechanic I stumbled across, a mere week after steam release for Ark, worked up until about a month ago. That being said, there are numerous different duping "Vulnerabilities" in the game. Dozens in fact. They range from being able to dupe Element on Aberration (To an extent), to full inventory duping. There's a way to "Cook" industrial grills and dupe them, can do it with anything that "Cooks" an item (Cooker, Grill, Fireplace, Cooking Pot). You can dupe berries, and until recently, you could dupe bees. You can reliably clone wyverns/drake eggs. You can force spawn dinos. There was, at least third hand, a way to reliably force eggs to hatch as triplets. Ways to "Dupe" ammo by loading it into specific structures and performing specific actions.

Many of these are hidden in what people consider to be "The darkest depths of Mega Tribe sorcery". Many of them are widely abused. Duping has/was certainly abused, heavily, at the release of official servers (And was one of the stated reasons as to why server transfers were disabled), and many continue to do so, to this day, via the exact same method (At least until the patch, I don't dupe, so I don't know what the patch fixed). 

Guest DJRone89
7 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Been reading through all 12 pages....
So happy I left officials behind a long time ago :D

But unofficials have admin abuse...

16 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Been reading through all 12 pages....
So happy I left officials behind a long time ago :D

Happy in a small, constricted space with no real idea of when the server will disappear unless you are the one paying for it?  No trade, no real community?  So many pros at least admin abuse is the only con.

Yep, Wildcard is making a serious mistake in not perma banning the cheaters. I've been playing MMORPGs for 20+ years, since Ultima Online beta, and i've seen what cheaters can do to games if left unpunished. If left unchecked, cheaters will completely and utterly annihilate any semblance of balance or economy in a game. The devs need to come down on cheaters like a sledgehammer. No "three strikes you're out" crap, perma ban on first offense. Nip it at the bud. Come down on the cheaters so hard, that they'll think you're Rodrigo Duterte.

Archived