Jump to content

reaper queen Quick reaper queen FAQ


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, TheSnives said:

I'm tryna do a solo reaper tame. 

1. What's the minimum amount of equipment needed to get impregnated? I'm thinking all I need is a riot shield, 3 sets of radiation armor, a drake and a charge pet. Would this work? 

2. How do you get impregnated without a trap? Fight the queen with a drake, shoot it with a crossbow to get aggro, wait for it to grab me off the drake?

3. You can feed the baby reaper by letting it kill you? It will take all the meat from your inventory?

Add a magnifying glass to this list. And drake needs to be a SOLID drake with good balance of dmg and hp. I beat em down to sub 600, but sub 2k is enough. i beat em down to sub 200 bc u can turn ur light on fast after u get stuck whip out a shotgun and get that sweet 12kish xp off the queen who just prego'd you. Just make sure you are not too close bc the poison mist will one shot u after u already low from prego. saves you the effort of hunting down 12k more of xp. Oddly i did it on 2x event and got 70 levels, so either the ratios for the events are skewed OR they nerfed reaper queen xp.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A rock drake, with a charge pet, is definitely NOT suicide. I have killed multiple without any issues. It is much less of a hassle to kill the queen where it is than to kite it all the way back with i

I use the same tactic as wazzamaniac. Its easy once u have a good drake.  I use the same tactic for getting pregnant as well. No trap, just drake. A trap limits you to 1 spot and the inpregnation

Dont use traps unless you are in singleplayer.... Seen too many traps littering the map, killing spawns. Get yourself a single drake with good melee and hp and you can accomplish the same, use plant z

24 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

Add a magnifying glass to this list. And drake needs to be a SOLID drake with good balance of dmg and hp. I beat em down to sub 600, but sub 2k is enough. i beat em down to sub 200 bc u can turn ur light on fast after u get stuck whip out a shotgun and get that sweet 12kish xp off the queen who just prego'd you. Just make sure you are not too close bc the poison mist will one shot u after u already low from prego. saves you the effort of hunting down 12k more of xp. Oddly i did it on 2x event and got 70 levels, so either the ratios for the events are skewed OR they nerfed reaper queen xp.

The xp heavily relies on the level of the queen. High levels give extreme amounts

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

Add a magnifying glass to this list. And drake needs to be a SOLID drake with good balance of dmg and hp. I beat em down to sub 600, but sub 2k is enough. i beat em down to sub 200 bc u can turn ur light on fast after u get stuck whip out a shotgun and get that sweet 12kish xp off the queen who just prego'd you. Just make sure you are not too close bc the poison mist will one shot u after u already low from prego. saves you the effort of hunting down 12k more of xp. Oddly i did it on 2x event and got 70 levels, so either the ratios for the events are skewed OR they nerfed reaper queen xp.

Never needed/used a magnifying glass.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wazzamaniac said:

The xp heavily relies on the level of the queen. High levels give extreme amounts

yeah i am comparing reaper to reaper of same level. A 145 reaper during 2x gave me 59k xp. a reaper level 145 last night gave about 12k. I dont even bother with the low ones since the base hp is so high anyhow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Minimum gear: 2-3 sets of hazmat, drake, charge pet. Good to go, no need for shield. The idea is that to activate the impregnation attack, you have to be dismounted (some people claim it can do it without dismounting but it doesnt work for me). So, I wait for the attack with the longest cooldown, the tailspin. Right after she does it, dismount and immediately remount before she bites you. It may take a couple tries but eventually she will sniff the ground, then snatch you off your mount. To get this you have to beat it to near death until a pink cloud is above her head, then turn off your charge pet.

And yes you can feed the baby reaper that way.

It won't grab you if you pike or shoot it? You need to not touch the controls after shooting it. I'm on ps maybe that has something to say, cuz i got +10 reapers that way without ever dismounting

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2018 at 12:25 AM, Wazzamaniac said:

A rock drake, with a charge pet, is definitely NOT suicide. I have killed multiple without any issues. It is much less of a hassle to kill the queen where it is than to kite it all the way back with it hitting you the whole time, which not only wastes time that you could use to kill another queen, but also makes you take more damage in the long run. You have control anywhere. If the battle ends up being too hard, say in the rare occasion 4 of them are on you, climb on the ceiling or glide away. Traps are totally unnecessary and just kill spawns because people want to build them right on top of key dino spawnspoints. (on my official server, karkinos barely spawn in the green zone because of traps. I do not want this to happen to queens either.)

Drakes allow more mobility and let you seek out queens and kill them on the spot. Plant zs litter the entire red zone. Any battle damage is healed in an instant.

Yeah...... make a trap guys

  • Facepalm 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/1/2018 at 11:21 AM, Wazzamaniac said:

Minimum gear: 2-3 sets of hazmat, drake, charge pet. Good to go, no need for shield. The idea is that to activate the impregnation attack, you have to be dismounted (some people claim it can do it without dismounting but it doesnt work for me). So, I wait for the attack with the longest cooldown, the tailspin. Right after she does it, dismount and immediately remount before she bites you. It may take a couple tries but eventually she will sniff the ground, then snatch you off your mount. To get this you have to beat it to near death until a pink cloud is above her head, then turn off your charge pet.

And yes you can feed the baby reaper that way.

I´ve only gotten impregnated once and it was on top of the drake. I tried twice with a shield and kiting and I just died in the proces. With the drake, the trick is to wait for the tail sweep and when it barks (while you are mounted) be on top of ur drake, sideway, like when you use the spyglass to look around. That´s how I got it while mounted, I was going to check its health and it just barked and got me while mounted.

And someone mentioned it was dangerous, there are like 3 or 4 Z plants in the area. Just hop and heal and try again. Do bring extra haz suits and if possible when you know the queen is glowing, change to a new set, just in case.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Zeraki said:

I´ve only gotten impregnated once and it was on top of the drake. I tried twice with a shield and kiting and I just died in the proces. With the drake, the trick is to wait for the tail sweep and when it barks (while you are mounted) be on top of ur drake, sideway, like when you use the spyglass to look around. That´s how I got it while mounted, I was going to check its health and it just barked and got me while mounted.

And someone mentioned it was dangerous, there are like 3 or 4 Z plants in the area. Just hop and heal and try again. Do bring extra haz suits and if possible when you know the queen is glowing, change to a new set, just in case.

Yes, that is definitely the best way to do it IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No offense to wazza but I would make a trap. Not the row of pillars people use in Hods gaming video.

 

We have a behe gate with a circle of dino gates which we kite them in. Its next to a plant so you can heal while keeping the reaper in render.

 

My argument for this is because A lot can happen in the readiation zone which could just come down to luck. I used to get prego on the spot but after the last update I dc more? anybody Else? have been attacked by the random drake, purlovia, or arthro.

 

So much easier to kite it into the trap, hurt it, magnifying glass it, then get prego. Usually when the reaper is at low health it doesn't attack me (personal experience). So then I just open the door and back up out the trap. It aggros, walks up to me, smells me and gets me pregnant.

 

I also kite reapers to get xp by myself and our trap isn't in the radiation zone. I have been dcd and had my suit broken multiple times since last update. I have better then average internet and play on an xbox one X

 

Either way its all personal preference. There is no real way to do it. I prefer the safe method because I have more control over the sitation and its not radiated. .

Edited by DaGoodNamesWereTaken
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DaGoodNamesWereTaken said:

No offense to wazza but I would make a trap. Not the row of pillars people use in Hods gaming video.

 

We have a behe gate with a circle of dino gates which we kite them in. Its next to a plant so you can heal while keeping the reaper in render.

 

My argument for this is because A lot can happen in the readiation zone which could just come down to luck. I used to get prego on the spot but after the last update I dc more? anybody Else? have been attacked by the random drake, purlovia, or arthro.

 

So much easier to kite it into the trap, hurt it, magnifying glass it, then get prego. Usually when the reaper is at low health it doesn't attack me (personal experience). So then I just open the door and back up out the trap. It aggros, walks up to me, smells me and gets me pregnant.

 

I also kite reapers to get xp by myself and our trap isn't in the radiation zone. I have been dcd and had my suit broken multiple times since last update. I have better then average internet and play on an xbox one X

 

Either way its all personal preference. There is no real way to do it. I prefer the safe method because I have more control over the sitation and its not radiated. .

I dont know whats different with you, but with my experience, my tribemates and allies, the reaper definitely does not attack less when hurt. It keeps on biting and tailswiping. You can do it on the spot, and it does not require a huge dino hauling across the rad zone, potentially aggroing 3-4 reapers on the way depending on where you are.

But at least you dont block queen spawns with your trap, which is my original complaint about the trapping method. So if that works for you then go for it!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Before anyone yells at me about necroing, the rules do say to search for the appropriate topic before making a new 1 right, or at least the moderators make it feel that way.  So this falls topic falls under what i want to know.  Since z's have been nerfed whats the best method now?  My drake has 10k hp and 500% dmg and a lvl 20 queen took half my hp in a slug out.  Exactly whats the best way to kill these things?  Yes i use a chargelight pet.  Yes my saddle is basic but you need around 80 armor to double your resistance from a 25 saddle.  Plz help. I dont wana run home after every 1-2 reaper queens

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...