Griffin Balance

ForzaProiettile

On 11/29/2017 at 5:58 AM, DarthaNyan said:

Adding Breeding to Griffins will put them way out of balance again - they will benefit from it way to much because of negative bonuses to health and melee upon tame (just like giga).
That extra Melee from imprint and extra damage from rider bonus will be a huge problem when applied to their dive'n'swipe atack. So..

4. reduce swipe damage multiplier to 7-8x (currently it is 14-15x).

I always thought it'd be nice to have breeding for the Griffin if you just removed imprinting. Heck, even stat mutations if it's necessary. I'd mostly just like to be able to breed out some wacky colors

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, X111 said:

you've completely contradicted yourself! stop trying to cause an argument for a start, this is a discussion, not an argument you think you can end by trying to spout pompous claims which by the way just made you look like the lesser evolution of Darwin's theory.

in one sentence you have stated that "theres literally nothing you can do" followed by "I kill 100's of tames and deal with 100's of trolls on griffins" so please do enlighten the forum as to how you, the best and biggest tribe on XBX coughBScoughcough, have managed to deal with griffins, killed hundreds of trolls on griffins and are still moaning about this?!

I have already given an explanation of how I, and my tribe on our PVP characters lost 5 griffins to a well prepared player on Rag, combinations of plants, creatures and debuffs.

you're just crying for the sake of crying now, how can you claim to be the biggest PVP tribe on XBX but STILL cant deal with pesky griffins?

Point to me where I said griffins are impossible to kill? I said they are the king of the skys and rek everything which is true. I have an argument why they should be nerfed and your arguing that they are fine. This is a DISCUSSION as you said, why am I not allowed to have my own way of thingking?

I never contradicted myself, I stated griffins are king of the sky and said I killed 100's because I have killed many of them which is why I am allowed to make my own evaluation of griffins.

you are looking too far into it, you believe you are better then everyone in your way of thinking lul. You mad bro? I just simply stated my opinion and you are getting into a sausage and brain power measurement in a game about dinosaurs lmao.

Nobody is crying, its the truth griffins are op. No I don't want wyverns the king of the sky because they never were. A ptera can easily pick a wyv rider and outrun them if your smart. Argies are trash so im not even gonna argue them.

Btw you said you lost griffins to a combination of plants lul, who flys griffins to tank a abase. Shows how scrubby you are, griffins are for arial combat not tanking a base. You will always be shredded by a griffin vs a base with plants, turrets, debuffs whatever.

On the battle field they are damn near impossible to kill sitting at anywhere from 15k to 30 k health and has the advantage in health, melee, speed, utility. Using them as a tank is just retarded and if you lost 5 griffins flying them into plants you are the scrubbiest tribe I have ever heard of.

5 hours ago, DaGoodNamesWereTaken said:

Point to me where I said griffins are impossible to kill? I said they are the king of the skys and rek everything which is true. I have an argument why they should be nerfed and your arguing that they are fine. This is a DISCUSSION as you said, why am I not allowed to have my own way of thingking?

I never contradicted myself, I stated griffins are king of the sky and said I killed 100's because I have killed many of them which is why I am allowed to make my own evaluation of griffins.

you are looking too far into it, you believe you are better then everyone in your way of thinking lul. You mad bro? I just simply stated my opinion and you are getting into a sausage and brain power measurement in a game about dinosaurs lmao.

Nobody is crying, its the truth griffins are op. No I don't want wyverns the king of the sky because they never were. A ptera can easily pick a wyv rider and outrun them if your smart. Argies are trash so im not even gonna argue them.

Btw you said you lost griffins to a combination of plants lul, who flys griffins to tank a abase. Shows how scrubby you are, griffins are for arial combat not tanking a base. You will always be shredded by a griffin vs a base with plants, turrets, debuffs whatever.

On the battle field they are damn near impossible to kill sitting at anywhere from 15k to 30 k health and has the advantage in health, melee, speed, utility. Using them as a tank is just retarded and if you lost 5 griffins flying them into plants you are the scrubbiest tribe I have ever heard of.

Re-read your original post. You said they are OP, then claimed to have wrecked a bunch of Griffins. Which is it? Inquiring minds want to know. If you can kill them easily, then others are capable too. This means they are not OP if you put some thought and effort into it. The definition of OP as pertains to online gaming is such that there is NOTHING a player can do to adapt to an issue, and clearly even you have proven this is not true. Therefore Griffins are not OP, the players are fallible and imperfect.

On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:21 PM, DaGoodNamesWereTaken said:

I am not your "bro" and please use "lol", I have no idea what "lul" means. I am not arguing, I am being defensive as you have literally come into the thread, shouted the odds, in not so many words told people you are right and don't care if anyone else has an opinion, proclaimed you are the best PVPer or in one of the best PVP tribes ever, killed hundreds of griffins and are being argumentative.

take a step back, please read your first post and see how argumentative you are, you don't seem to be handling yourself too well. you're completely missing your own point.

you're saying that you kill 100's of them? I asked how you do it and share it with everyone. because if you are killing hundreds of them then they are obviously not OP.

and you are contradicting yourself which only leads us to believe that you're either talking nonsense or you're struggling to fully explain yourself. forget about the anger and PVP mind set you are currently in possession of and try to explain yourself carefully.

"Btw you said you lost griffins to a combination of plants lul, who flys griffins to tank a abase. Shows how scrubby you are, griffins are for arial combat not tanking a base. You will always be shredded by a griffin vs a base with plants, turrets, debuffs whatever."

so by your own admission, they're not OP then. stop insulting people, it just makes you look pure nasty and you will then get nasty replies in return.

if griffins were for aerial combat then why is their main attack for ground units?

please answer the above questions without resorting to name calling, it does give people who are reading your posts the image of a 12 year old with a god complex or of someone who has spent way too long inside and never interacted with anyone in RL

14 hours ago, X111 said:

I am not your "bro" and please use "lol", I have no idea what "lul" means. I am not arguing, I am being defensive as you have literally come into the thread, shouted the odds, in not so many words told people you are right and don't care if anyone else has an opinion, proclaimed you are the best PVPer or in one of the best PVP tribes ever, killed hundreds of griffins and are being argumentative.

take a step back, please read your first post and see how argumentative you are, you don't seem to be handling yourself too well. you're completely missing your own point.

you're saying that you kill 100's of them? I asked how you do it and share it with everyone. because if you are killing hundreds of them then they are obviously not OP.

and you are contradicting yourself which only leads us to believe that you're either talking nonsense or you're struggling to fully explain yourself. forget about the anger and PVP mind set you are currently in possession of and try to explain yourself carefully.

"Btw you said you lost griffins to a combination of plants lul, who flys griffins to tank a abase. Shows how scrubby you are, griffins are for arial combat not tanking a base. You will always be shredded by a griffin vs a base with plants, turrets, debuffs whatever."

so by your own admission, they're not OP then. stop insulting people, it just makes you look pure nasty and you will then get nasty replies in return.

if griffins were for aerial combat then why is their main attack for ground units?

please answer the above questions without resorting to name calling, it does give people who are reading your posts the image of a 12 year old with a god complex or of someone who has spent way too long inside and never interacted with anyone in RL

Im done arguing with you, go fly 4 more griffins into someone's base you scrub :)

14 hours ago, Dylan1602 said:

Lets be honest, the griffin is an OP Tapejara,

It has a Wyverns health,

A quetzal's stamina,

A tapejara's weight,

OP dive swipe attack so I can't even compare it

Unrivaled speed

Maneuverability of a drunk Tapejara

Yep nicely put. It's blatantly OP and its fast making the game more dull when it comes to PVP. Everyone in the sky is on a Griffin because there is no point to using anything else.

Its a perfect all rounder that outshines and out classes everything else in the sky and even most of the dinos on the ground. 

17 minutes ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Some people just won't be happy until #DodOP is a thing. Some creatures are supposed to be very deadly thats why this game claims to fit into the survival genre.

Apparently this game is all about how easy it's supposed to be to PvP...the hell with PvE, that isn't even a game, right?

Then of course, the whole, because this dino does better than that one, this one is OP....and yet it's nothing like others. People comparing apples to oranges and complaining about dissimilarities and how apples should be more like oranges...Go Play WoW. Sorry, that was uncalled for. But, I think, a fair statement. When Gigas came out everyone was riding around on them, then they got nerfed heavily. So people adapted with flyers, and then came the complaints about flyer OP. So those got nerfed heavily...I'm seeing a pattern here. Anyone else? It's not a balancing act, it's giving the screaming child a lolly.

Us PvErs and Single Players really don't matter evidently.

It's just really funny to me that a lot of these same people got up in arms over the turret nerf or the respec limit, to the point that WildCard quickly whipped up settings and alternatives for both those complaints. (Where's that same choice for Flyers that yall broke months ago devs?? ;-) )

People also don't seem to care about other obvious imbalances like there only really being one main dino to take to boss battles and only 4 support dinos worth taking. People only seem to care about changes for the sake of balance when it's something they cant be bothered to figure out by themselves. 'Nerf it!' is pretty much just universally gamer slang for 'I can't figure out how to win!'

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Probitas said:

Then of course, the whole, because this dino does better than that one, this one is OP....and yet it's nothing like others. People comparing apples to oranges and complaining about dissimilarities and how apples should be more like oranges...Go Play WoW.

You are more right than you know. For over a decade WoW has always been a battleground of PVE vs PVP players both constantly fighting over how each buff and nerf will/does hurt their play style. 

It’s nothing new. The same applies here. And I wager it will always be this way unless a game separates the twos mechanics. (Which WoW does quite a bit of). 

I do not understand the logic of the people defending this OP creature in this game. 

I personally want to tame a great list of different dinos for  their purpose. Having an OP dino like the Griffin witch is beter than every other dino makes the other useless.

Why would you put on you ghille suit to stalk and tame a Tapejara... The Griffin is better.

Why would you spend 4 days raising a Wyvern... The Griffin is better.

Why would you kibble tame a 150 Ptera... The Griffin is better.

Want to out and gather some meat on your Rex... No because some guy with a lvl 70 Griffin is going to wreck me and kill the 250 Rex. Ill take the griffin.

"Oh no someone is attacking, hop on the Giga!!" No i will be wrecked by that griffin hovering out of reach shooting flame arrows.! 

My point is that the griffin makes almost all other dinos useless. The only thing it still needs is to be able to swim.!

Balancing the Griffin will bring the other dinos back from extinction.. (Pun intended)

1 hour ago, MrGerard said:

I do not understand the logic of the people defending this OP creature in this game. 

I personally want to tame a great list of different dinos for  their purpose. Having an OP dino like the Griffin witch is beter than every other dino makes the other useless.

Why would you put on you ghille suit to stalk and tame a Tapejara... The Griffin is better.

Want to out and gather some meat on your Rex... No because some guy with a lvl 70 Griffin is going to wreck me and kill the 250 Rex. Ill take the griffin.

"Oh no someone is attacking, hop on the Giga!!" No i will be wrecked by that griffin hovering out of reach shooting flame arrows.! 

My point is that the griffin makes almost all other dinos useless. The only thing it still needs is to be able to swim.!

Balancing the Griffin will bring the other dinos back from extinction.. (Pun intended)

I can agree to some of your points here, I think the 250 rex against the 70 grif is a bit exaggerated but I see where you're coming from.

I think though we all have to consider the new turret by space nerf taking place. not so much for PVE but on PVP it is going to mean that players are going to be reducing base sizes due to not being able to maintain hoards of dino's meaning that the most versatile and useful animals are going to be used.

my personal opinion is that you don't need hundreds of animals to be successful in the game, stego, dilo, allo. scorpion and mantis. from these you get the main PVP creatures. perhaps this is WC's answer to server lag, force players to build small and focus on the animals that will get them through instead of allowing players to blanket tame and kibble farm. speaking of which that's going to be the next big change when Jen gets her finger out and gives us an update. I know the DLC is taking up everyones time but a kibble tree rework was promised before the DLC announcement.

now I don't play PVP that often, only once every other week maybe or when the tribe needs support with something. but playing PVE I, and other tribes, have noticed that animals tamed on Rag seem to have better base stats than the other maps. could this also be a contributing factor to griffin being OP?

1 hour ago, MrGerard said:

...and I can't understand your "logic"... You think the Griffin makes every other dino useless? Get Real. I ride Wyverns 95% of the time I use a flyer. The rest of the time I use Pteras. My 3 high level Griffins sit at the base collecting digital dust. I wont even go in to how absurd it is that you think a Griffin makes all land dinos useless.

5 minutes ago, Z0mbie said:

...and I can't understand your "logic"... You think the Griffin makes every other dino useless? Get Real. I ride Wyverns 95% of the time I use a flyer. The rest of the time I use Pteras. My 3 high level Griffins sit at the base collecting digital dust. I wont even go in to how absurd it is that you think a Griffin makes all land dinos useless.

Wow you are such a saint for not using your high lvl Griffins.! Care to explain why you use the wyvern and ptreas instead of the griffin?

On 11/28/2017 at 1:50 AM, MrGerard said:

How are some of these people defending this thing, are you afraid of having your easy mode disabled? Grow up... 12k health is OP with of without a saddle.

Had a guy killing my passives from above my base, I shot him with my 150% compound bow in the head and he didn't even flinch because he had so much health that he wasn't bothered taking damage from me.

The griffin is just as OP as the entire map of Ragnarok. Feeding everybody resources.!

ahh... Now we know the reason you want the nerf. You can't figure out how to defend against someone using one to kill off your low hanging fruit so you cry "NERF!" ... Unbelievable .. Ever hear of putting your dinos inside? ....SMH

2 minutes ago, Z0mbie said:

ahh... Now we know the reason you want the nerf. You can't figure out how to defend against someone using one to kill off your low hanging fruit so you cry "NERF!" ... Unbelievable .. Ever hear of putting your dinos inside? ....SMH

Uugggghhh...!!

You want to put money on the fact that the Dev's already know the griffin is unbalanced and changes are in the near future? And prove that you know nothing about balancing.!

@Z0mbie Yep agree. I would also add poisons because how they can snipe people of tames and collect their loot at the same time. Tek Tapejara as well.

Brontos, Pacers, Stegos, Rexes, Gigas, Wyverns, Pteras, Theriz, Yutis and so on are getting used all the time. Griffins are just a support role and some people here act like they are all that gets used.

• Volunteer Moderator

C'mon guys, this is becoming childish. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about the current state of the Griffin and everyone deserve to be respected for it even if you have a different one so please, keep the debate civil and stop the childish remarks because this is not constructive to the conversation and is just promoting fighting.

I think anyone who plays PvP can see that the griffin is the undisputed king of the skies. Should it be? Hell yeah, if not neck and neck with the wyvern. However, the margin by which they are superior should be reduced for balance's sake. They need a moderate health nerf, or a headshot multiplier, or some compromise of both.

Theyre faster than pteras and tankier than quetzals, anyone who knows anything about balance in video games should recognize how disgusting that is. Regardless of how cool you feel riding one.

Archived