v271.0 Boss Changes-What's the damage?

Vrallox

1 hour ago, Olivar said:

are you serious?
I can't believe I'm even replying to this anymore.

THE ONLY THING IS THAT WE CAN DO I FASTER DUE INCREASED EGG RATES
IT DOES NOT AFFECT THE FIGHT
IT DOES NOT AFFECT THE DINO
WE CAN RUN THEORIES AND TESTS BECAUSE OF THIS.
WE CAN CHECK WITH LESS LOSS WHETHER IT IS WORTH BREEDING 20 THERIZINOSAURS AND GO FIGHT
WE ELIMINATED THE RISK FOR YOU AND GAVE YOU A GOAL

How raptoring hard is this to understand?

And if one of your setting happens to accidentally be wrong? If there is a glitch in the programming in the game that changes the results that you would have had no way of predicting? What if you are trolling people? I am not saying it will not work... I, in fact, believe it will. I am just saying it is not worth the risk because I am not able to spawn in the dinos and do not have boosted rates. That is what you don't seem to understand... even though you kind of said the exact thing yourself. The only way to eliminate every possible variable is for someone to do it on official. If not there is always a chance you could be wrong. #OfficialOrItDidntHappen

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

And if one of your setting happens to accidentally be wrong? If there is a glitch in the programming in the game that changes the results that you would have had no way of predicting? What if you are trolling people? I am not saying it will not work... I, in fact, believe it will. I am just saying it is not worth the risk because I am not able to spawn in the dinos and do not have boosted rates. That is what you don't seem to understand... even though you kind of said the exact thing yourself. The only way to eliminate every possible variable is for someone to do it on official. If not there is always a chance you could be wrong. #OfficialOrItDidntHappen

Ah yes...I'm totally trolling with my more than half my post count reputation. -_- *sarcasm*

If you feel we're lying about our finds and that we didn't double-check our server settings, then fine. Sit there and wait months for someone on official to finally be brave and take a risk, instead of doing it yourself and sitting here going 'Officialoritdidn'thappen'. Just do us a favor and be quiet because you are getting extremely pigheaded and lazy by spouting that phrase and then not doing it yourself.  And why did you bother mentioning the Rag bosses, much less that you farm Manticore on your SE server? We're talking about the ISLAND dragon alpha, not the Rag version OR SE.

Course, far be it for me to blame you. I ain't. You just chose to play on the most un-fun servers imaginable that apparently is making people saying 'it's too risky I'm not gonna dare do it'. We get that you are more keen on sitting to the side and making others do your work instead of doing it yourself and being brave for once on your 'vanilla' servers.

@TracerBee Maybe you can tell me then if a fully leveled up Therizino (meaning you trained it in all 71 level ups) that has 35k health and about 600% melee is too much on officials? Am I wrong? Though don't expect your whole army to live. Even my test had a huge lose. but that shouldn't matter too much. Alpha dragon is meant to do once for the engrams and then you never have ot do it again. Monkey and Broodmother should be your element farming bosses, not the dragon, and especially not HARD dragon.

Would love for someone to prove us wrong but so far no one has. Though it's gonna be a long while I'd imagine since officials are so unfun and grindy. I think there's no point in this thread staying alive until that one brave soul proves us wrong.

6 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

we had the same issue but first time wasnt prepared with firearms lost whole fleet. how good of a fab pistol did you use? and how close on time was it by that method?

I can ask, but I have a fair assumption that it is 250%

6 hours ago, Ugodzilla said:

How many people do you use for that fight? 

As i said. It seems to be a targeting issue of the manticore. maximum have one kiting the golems away. rest stay close together

We are a fairly large tribe so all 10 slots filled 

1 hour ago, Ulta said:

@TracerBee Maybe you can tell me then if a fully leveled up Therizino (meaning you trained it in all 71 level ups) that has 35k health and about 600% melee is too much on officials? Am I wrong? Though don't expect your whole army to live. Even my test had a huge lose. but that shouldn't matter too much. Alpha dragon is meant to do once for the engrams and then you never have ot do it again. Monkey and Broodmother should be your element farming bosses, not the dragon, and especially not HARD dragon.

Would love for someone to prove us wrong but so far no one has. Though it's gonna be a long while I'd imagine since officials are so unfun and grindy. I think there's no point in this thread staying alive until that one brave soul proves us wrong.

I've had theris with around 1.1k melee on legacy, so 600 melee and 30k health maybe possible, never actually increased health for theris before.

58 minutes ago, Ulta said:

Ah yes...I'm totally trolling with my more than half my post count reputation. -_- *sarcasm*

If you feel we're lying about our finds and that we didn't double-check our server settings, then fine. Sit there and wait months for someone on official to finally be brave and take a risk, instead of doing it yourself and sitting here going 'Officialoritdidn'thappen'. Just do us a favor and be quiet because you are getting extremely pigheaded and lazy by spouting that phrase and then not doing it yourself.  And why did you bother mentioning the Rag bosses, much less that you farm Manticore on your SE server? We're talking about the ISLAND dragon alpha, not the Rag version OR SE.

Course, far be it for me to blame you. I ain't. You just chose to play on the most un-fun servers imaginable that apparently is making people saying 'it's too risky I'm not gonna dare do it'. We get that you are more keen on sitting to the side and making others do your work instead of doing it yourself and being brave for once on your 'vanilla' servers.

"Do us a favor and be quiet"??? No thank you... not really my style. You should know that by now. You have been trying to shut me up for a long time.

The post was about boss changes. The 2 bosses that changed were the Manticore and the Dragon. These 2 bosses cover the island, scorched earth and ragnarok. I am not off topic, your view of the topic is simply too narrow.

The two of you just cannot seem to understand why so many people question you. There were so many people that the mod stepped in. I think people who play the game on easy mode really do have a hard time understanding what real players go through on official servers, so I was trying to enlighten you. I have no problem with how you play... not everyone can cut it on official servers. In fact, the only people I hear complaining the bosses were too easy were the people who play on easy mode, but the truth is they do not have as much to lose as those of us who play on official servers. The game really is very difficult if you want to advance, and pinning dinos works for every other dino (including when a giga pinned my 248 Fire Wyvern and killed it the other day)... why not pin the Manticore of the Dragon?

Since it appears you did not actually read my post let me summarize it for you again. I think the theri method is a viable theory... but it remains an untested theory because there is no way to account for every variable until it is done on official servers... and you can afford to be arrogant because you know it will take a lot of time to prove you wrong because the bosses are so difficult and the game is so grindy. Can a fully leveled up dino blah blah blah... Don't know... on official servers fully leveling up a dino is so rare that we don't know what the stats will be.

Truth is the boss mechanics were just fine and should not have been changed. Since element is required on a continuous basis for end game items it should be farmable once you get there on every map, or you should be able to transfer it. It is not skill that is required now... it is luck.

A good example of this is death worms. I can farm death worms all day long on official servers because I have the right dinos and saddles. I do so with minimal risk, although I did lose a rex the other day when 2 alpha death worms tag teamed me at the same time... so there is some risk. That is the way the Manticore and the Dragon should be... farmable with minimal risk. They are not end game bosses, the are mid tier bosses that have not yet bee beaten on official servers from what I understand. 5 weeks and no one can beat a mid level boss... they are hard enough

6 minutes ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

"Do us a favor and be quiet"??? No thank you... not really my style. You should know that by now. You have been trying to shut me up for a long time.

The post was about boss changes. The 2 bosses that changed were the Manticore and the Dragon. These 2 bosses cover the island, scorched earth and ragnarok. I am not off topic, your view of the topic is simply too narrow.

The two of you just cannot seem to understand why so many people question you. There were so many people that the mod stepped in. I think people who play the game on easy mode really do have a hard time understanding what real players go through on official servers, so I was trying to enlighten you. I have no problem with how you play... not everyone can cut it on official servers. In fact, the only people I hear complaining the bosses were too easy were the people who play on easy mode, but the truth is they do not have as much to lose as those of us who play on official servers. The game really is very difficult if you want to advance, and pinning dinos works for every other dino (including when a giga pinned my 248 Fire Wyvern and killed it the other day)... why not pin the Manticore of the Dragon?

Since it appears you did not actually read my post let me summarize it for you again. I think the theri method is a viable theory... but it remains an untested theory because there is no way to account for every variable until it is done on official servers... and you can afford to be arrogant because you know it will take a lot of time to prove you wrong because the bosses are so difficult and the game is so grindy. Can a fully leveled up dino blah blah blah... Don't know... on official servers fully leveling up a dino is so rare that we don't know what the stats will be.

Truth is the boss mechanics were just fine and should not have been changed. Since element is required on a continuous basis for end game items it should be farmable once you get there on every map, or you should be able to transfer it. It is not skill that is required now... it is luck.

A good example of this is death worms. I can farm death worms all day long on official servers because I have the right dinos and saddles. I do so with minimal risk, although I did lose a rex the other day when 2 alpha death worms tag teamed me at the same time... so there is some risk. That is the way the Manticore and the Dragon should be... farmable with minimal risk. They are not end game bosses, the are mid tier bosses that have not yet bee beaten on official servers from what I understand. 5 weeks and no one can beat a mid level boss... they are hard enough

Well, I said you were normally reasonable, and then you proved me wrong with persisting with that easy mode comment after I gave solid examples that it is a false perception.

First, all bosses were reworked and still are being reworked.... Look at the patch notes since about 257 and you'll see it. 

2nd, you own the game and can set single player settings to match official exactly, so you can spawn things in and perform an accurate test with little time sink just like every other player that owns the game.

3rd, your official servers are not hard, it's you that play on easy mode. It isn't designed to be difficult, just a grindy time sink with costs so high that you consider every step you take. Designing games is a business, devs balance the games to be achievable by the average person. Difficulty is a perception created by illusion... Many devs have spoken out on the subject and said if they actually made a game difficult, no one would play it, and therefore, they wouldn't sell any copies.

I need to point out it is unfair to falsely label someones server easy mode just because that's not where or how you play. Especially when you have no experience or proof. We have official server settings and have played on them. Do you have ours, played on them???? Therefore, I have the data & experience to compare from, you however do not, because you don't play on my servers. Remember, every single one of us around during EA started on official settings. 

3 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Well, I said you were normally reasonable, and then you proved me wrong with persisting with that easy mode comment after I gave solid examples that it is a false perception.

First, all bosses were reworked and still are being reworked.... Look at the patch notes since about 257 and you'll see it. 

2nd, you own the game and can set single player settings to match official exactly, so you can spawn things in and perform an accurate test with little time sink just like every other player that owns the game.

3rd, your official servers are not hard, it's you that play on easy mode. It isn't designed to be difficult, just a grindy time sink with costs so high that you consider every step you take. Designing games is a business, devs balance the games to be achievable by the average person. Difficulty is a perception created by illusion... Many devs have spoken out on the subject and said if they actually made a game difficult, no one would play it, and therefore, they wouldn't sell any copies.

I need to point out it is unfair to falsely label someones server easy mode just because that's not where or how you play. Especially when you have no experience or proof. We have official server settings and have played on them. Do you have ours, played on them???? Therefore, I have the data & experience to compare from, you however do not, because you don't play on my servers. Remember, every single one of us around during EA started on official settings. 

I wasn't talking about you... I was talking about the two who constantly complain about everything while they spawn everything in. Plenty of examples in the forums over the last year of them doing just that.

My point was neither of them seem to understand what players without the admin command bar go through and was trying to help them understand why there was so much push back to what was really a great idea. At first I was trying to enlighten them, but when she told me to shut up I wanted to belittle them a bit while still maintaining a façade of legitimacy.

Maybe a little childish of me, sure... but I really do think they deserved it. :)

4 minutes ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

I wasn't talking about you... I was talking about the two who constantly complain about everything while they spawn everything in. Plenty of examples in the forums over the last year of them doing just that.

My point was neither of them seem to understand what players without the admin command bar go through and was trying to help them understand why there was so much push back to what was really a great idea. At first I was trying to enlighten them, but when she told me to shut up I wanted to belittle them a bit while still maintaining a façade of legitimacy.

Maybe a little childish of me, sure... but I really do think they deserved it. :)

I am fully aware you weren't talking to or about me.

Ever hear the expression 2 wrongs don't make a right? I see the kid in your profile... You have no room to be childish with them around, they will exploit it and use it against you. Take that from a man with 2 grown ones and first hand experience. ;)

Also, don't ever assume that just because someone has admin controls they use them in normal game play. Some do yes. However, many of us use them for content creation, testing/learning game mechanics, or... Here's the big shocker, actually performing admin duties on servers we run! E.g.- I have multiple accounts, one for my private YouTube server with full admin controls. One for the servers I run with admin controls that I use for admin duties. And the final one for actually playing on those servers... It has no admin rights or even a password to access them, therefore I can't use them during normal play even if I wanted to.

1 minute ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

I am fully aware you weren't talking to or about me.

Ever hear the expression 2 wrongs don't make a right? I see the kid in your profile... You have no room to be childish with them around, they will exploit it and use it against you. Take that from a man with 2 grown ones and first hand experience. ;)

Also, don't ever assume that just because someone has admin controls they use them in normal game play. Some do yes. However, many of us use them for content creation, testing/learning game mechanics, or... Here's the big shocker, actually performing admin duties on servers we run! E.g.- I have multiple accounts, one for my private YouTube server with full admin controls. One for the servers I run with admin controls that I use for admin duties. And the final one for actually playing on those servers... It has no admin rights or even a password to access them, therefore I can't use them during normal play even if I wanted to.

I can be very childish at times. :P

Two wrongs may not make a right, but two Wrights can make an airplane.

That was not an assumption... they have talked about it several times since I have been on the forums. I played single player with official settings for a long time, but my son kept dying when he would reach the end of the tether so we bought another xbox and started playing official. I like to be able to play with people from all over the world. This has truly been an amazing experience for me. My son, however, left official servers for his friend's instant tek tier servers where 1 hit on a rock gets you 10k stone and a dino tames instantly... seems to like it much better, but quit playing a when I was not there to build his base for him.

Until you spoke up today I had no idea any dedicated servers were more difficult. All you see everywhere is "free starter package with 800x gathering blah blah blah." Good for you. In my opinion the xp is about right, but gathering should be 3X and taming and breeding 2X... but I don't run official servers and have no desire to host my own servers... so I play on officials so I get to talk to and trade with people from everywhere.

34 minutes ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

How often shall i tell you. We killed every raptoring Boss on any difficulty on official. You must be trolling here, admitting its not possible to breed 30k hp 600 melee Tames in 4 weeks. That are the stats that kill all Island Bosses besides dragon and manticore on any difficulty. Also enough for Alpha Guardians on Rag.

Just now, Ugodzilla said:

How often shall i tell you. We killed every raptoring Boss on any difficulty in official. You must be trolling here, admitting its not possible to breed 30k hp 600 melee Tames in 4 weeks. That are the stats that kill all Island Bosses besides dragon and manticore on any difficulty. Also enough for Alpha Guardians on Rag.

I assumed you were talking about legacy... you did this on the new cluster?

10 minutes ago, Ugodzilla said:

I never talked about legacy Oo But now you want to tell us Legacy uses other settings than nonlegacy?

I defeated all the bosses on legacy... Most of the super tames that were available have some sort of glitch/exploit in their line (I know... I had a lot of them and checked the ancestry). I am saying it is different because everyone started over and I have not seen anyone on official servers that has had enough people at level 100 to defeat the dragon... no matter how good their dinos are.

You are kind of skirting the question... did you defeat all the bosses on the new official cluster? If so I am really impressed.

The servers I play on are official PVE servers... no easier or harder than any others in the new cluster.

10 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

Are you suggesting there's a difference?

I don't think there is a difference in anything other than there are a lot of saddle BP's that were super easy to make because the had low durability and there were a lot of insane dinos because people were gathering and breeding them for over a year. I would have preferred to stay on legacy, but I just did not trust the developers to keep them around much longer once they pulled support.

Just now, RaiderofthelostARK said:

Soooooo if dragon and manticore become unpinnable how are you supposed to kill them since you can't take flyers into the dragon area? 

From what I can gather you either need to use the super OP Dinos only available on legacy at the moment (and may never be available on officials because exploits were used to create some of them) or you need to go to a dedicated server where admins spawn stuff in. No one has done it on the new cluster yet.

Just now, Ugodzilla said:

Are you serious? Or just another Troll like NathanAndDaddy? Cant tell anymore who is serious and who not xD

I am being serious. One of the reasons we can't breed bugs is because the devs can't find a realistic way to make the babies atm. So realistically I think 20 rexes could easy hold down any of the bosses. It should still be able to attack though.

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived