No support for legacy servers? Seriously?

Kamala

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

How has this got anything to do with PvP? It has nothing to do with the game mode but the fact the game is coming out of Early Access and into full release.  No server should be active or built on when the game drops on the 29th, it has never happened and should never happen.  We have all built up under different environments from those who will start on that day, bases built using weightless exploits and dupes, dinos bred through exploits and raised to levels that are impossible now.

Regardless of the game mode anybody who is on a server now has a massive advantage over anybody starting fresh, a new release should mean everybody is fresh.  They gave you the chance to stay with all your stuff because you went up in arms when a wipe was suggested, but why should they also keep up the cost of running your server with support when the numbers will dwindle over time?

Your correct but this is the option they chose instead of dealing with it head on. Wiping would have changed nothing. What some can forsee is the new cluster being the exact same way in a short time frame. I'm not looking at the aftermath of early access I'm worried about the way it's handled. Believe me, there will be another wipe thread for new officials that's 100 pages long.. and as I said the day 'legacy' servers were mentioned.. what happens then? I only post here because I don't want this game to disappear but it's feeling like a lost cause.. maybe it's taken a toll and the devs are just done and ready to move on.

3 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Dude you can't be serious. If it wasn't for the duping on PvP, people would not have been screaming Wipe, Wipe, Wipe and they would have just added new servers without segregation.

Duping or not it doesn't make my point about a fresh start being an integral part of every EA game in history less true.  We all signed up for it.

What they do now is a "Softwipe"

More like forcing ppl to go to the new servers.
They should have bee honest from the start....

Not talk around the point, and lie to us.

Well prepare to start all over again folks. We will be taming dodos again soon!

In all honesty, I though they would have more respect for us as we are playing this game the longest.

On the other hand, we have a massive headstart on the new servers. 
Why not use that in our advantage.
Probably in 2 weeks you have all of it again, or at least the most important things....

Yet sucks how they lied to us.
1 SE server for a zillion players?
Are you mad?

Just now, YUSHOETMI said:

Duping or not it doesn't make my point about a fresh start being an integral part of every EA game in history less true.  We all signed up for it.

That is what the new servers are for, that is all they had to do. That is what they said they would do, they went back on that and segregated the servers and said yes we will still support the legacy and now have gone back on that.

Mark my words, this will hurt their steam ranking, it will hurt their ranking on every platform.

And I will say the same thing I said to you last time, it won't be long before the new servers are as bad as legacy, they would have changed nothing except to to loose loyal players.

1 minute ago, Insomniak said:

Your correct but this is the option they chose instead of dealing with it head on. Wiping would have changed nothing. What some can forsee is the new cluster being the exact same way in a short time frame. I'm not looking at the aftermath of early access I'm worried about the way it's handled. Believe me, there will be another wipe thread for new officials that's 100 pages long.. and as I said the day 'legacy' servers were mentioned.. what happens then? I only post here because I don't want this game to disappear but it's feeling like a lost cause.. maybe it's taken a toll and the devs are just done and ready to move on.

I feel you man, this is a scary prospect your pointing out and one i've mulled over many times, i'm just pointing out that this was to be expected and could be seen when they said there would be legacy rather than wipe.

Last thing I want is another repeat of the old servers, or for the game to vanish but there will always be cries for wipes from those that dont make alpha.

look at the ragnarok release

remember how bad it was?.

people could not log in as servers were 70/70 so they claimed as much land as possible to play next night leaving to all zones claimed, without actual abses. oh ye the fun, if i want to see a pincushion, i'd ask my wifr to start knitting lol)

you think the new servers will be any different? it will change exactly nothing. pillar claiming will still happen, even more then ever because the people that don't want to move, and rather leave all behind for a fresh start (on a server that hopefully stays

because

who is to say the new servers will all become populated, and stay populated???

what will happen?

re-purpose the new serves to make even newer servers??

7 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

That is what the new servers are for, that is all they had to do. That is what they said they would do, they went back on that and segregated the servers and said yes we will still support the legacy and now have gone back on that.

Mark my words, this will hurt their steam ranking, it will hurt their ranking on every platform.

And I will say the same thing I said to you last time, it won't be long before the new servers are as bad as legacy, they would have changed nothing except to to loose loyal players.

They have definitely proven themselves untrustworthy. Won't be buying anything more from them and as I've done with other reprehensible people I'll keep an eye on any games I buy in the future to make sure none of their names are associated with it.

I'm not sure whether or not I'll keep playing. I may stick around for a bit.

edit: 7 Days To Die has already started eating up more and more of my time to the point where my animals have started to starve to death. Haha.

4 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

Forgive me for any naivity that may come across here as this is the first EA game I have played and will probably be the last. I knew the risks and cavieats of playing an EA game up to and  including the posibility of a full wipe at launch and accepted it.

However I have never seen a game which requires so much investment in blood sweat and tears as ark has. Yes a wipe was probably the best thing do do at launch, but they promised us no wipe at launch which allowed people to become extremely invested in the game play without worrying about a wipe. Any possibility of a wipe or such should have been plastered on every wall nook and cranny rather than a promise of otherwise. And now we have reached this point. People have become to investednto turn back.

3 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Forgive me for any naivity that may come across here as this is the first EA game I have played and will probably be the last. I knew the risks and cavieats of playing an EA game up to and  including the posibility of a full wipe at launch and accepted it.

However I have never seen a game which requires so much investment in blood sweat and tears as ark has. Yes a wipe was probably the best thing do do at launch, but they promised us no wipe at launch which allowed people to become extremely invested in the game play without worrying about a wipe. Any possibility of a wipe or such should have been plastered on every wall nook and cranny rather than a promise of otherwise. And now we have reached this point. People have become to investednto turn back.

Yeah. It's just a game but stabbing people in the back is the same no matter what. They have stabbed their loyal player base in the back how many times now?

I wish they had just wiped the servers. It's clear now they wanted to but only avoided it as everyone grabbed their torches and pitchforks and forced it to go this way. It would of been alot better if WC just had the balls at the time to say what they intended to do but I suppose its gunna go down this way instead. 

My advice to everyone is to just stop with the whining, and crying, and screaming and kicking. We all knew WC would go back on their promise, its the whole fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me situation. I had 3k hours logged on a PvE server when they announced legacy servers and saw this coming so hoped to un-official and it was the best move I ever made. People told me I was wrong about this, I got many downvotes and was called some pretty vile stuff on reddit because I tried to warn people of this so im actually glad it happened. Thanks WC, this is my own middle to all the people who tried to bully me off a reddit page because they were too busy frothing at the mount about their important pixels and rainbow coloured thyla's. Enjoy boys, i'll be over here on my nice safe un-official server with my Pina Colada with a little umbrella in it having a laugh as it all goes to poop.

2 minutes ago, Vrallox said:

Yeah. It's just a game but stabbing people in the back is the same no matter what. They have stabbed their loyal player base in the back how many times now?

Off the the top of my head I count 3 biggies. Flyer nerf, reversal of PvE legacy decision and now this.probably forgetting lots. I am not normally one to count such things, it takes alot to annoy me and am probably too forgiving. 

So, half the player base wanted a full wipe,  other wanted no wipe. They said we'll wipe the 10% lowest pop/ghost servers and end up wiping 33% of them (managed to leave only 1 SE server if im not mistaken). Now that those are one the kill list, in a couple of month they'll probably wipe another 33% of what's left, then in 6 month the last 34% will probably go too even if there's players on them, seeing how they will wipe some 10+ pop servers (and i consider 10pop servers as alive as most of them officals are between 7-20 pop). I guess now a lot more players will learn not to trus WC for anything, they are liars.

It's a first, theres no mods out tonight defending that decision in every thread...

4 minutes ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

So, half the player base wanted a full wipe,  other wanted no wipe. They said we'll wipe the 10% lowest pop/ghost servers and end up wiping 33% of them (managed to leave only 1 SE server if im not mistaken). Now that those are one the kill list, in a couple of month they'll probably wipe another 33% of what's left, then in 6 month the last 34% will probably go too even if there's players on them, seeing how they will wipe some 10+ pop servers (and i consider 10pop servers as alive as most of them officals are between 7-20 pop). I guess now a lot more players will learn not to trus WC for anything, they are liars.

It's a first, theres no mods out tonight defending that decision in every thread...

wait what, there is actually only 1 scorched earth server staying, or did you exaggerate?

i play on scorchd earth 714 (yup, i have to move) so i'm looking for a new se server but can't seem to find any

12 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

wait what, there is actually only 1 scorched earth server staying, or did you exaggerate?

i play on scorchd earth 714 (yup, i have to move) so i'm looking for a new se server but can't seem to find any

Somebody wrote that either in this post or in the announcement thread, can't confirm. I really hope it was exageration.

What is going to be the difference between the servers. So we are not getting support so ticket system is gone so there is going to be a chaos. Ticket support bit used to it took either way weeks for getting a reply if not longer.

is WC going to keep doing maintenance and patching, and new content and for how long wil the legacy servers be supported.

Since you guys said no wipe but then cutting the support is hard to take your word for it atm because eiter way you forcing us by giving not support anymore.

Just now, Naerah(Qc) said:

Somebody wrote that either in this post or in the announcement thread, can't confirm. I really hope it was exageration.

hope so to, lol full of lies "releasing the phoenix to thank the players for making the dlc such a success"

some days later "shutting down all se servers because none plays them"

I don't get it, when you sell a product you offer support for it.

like when I buy a product I have 1 year warranty at least. 

They now sell a product, don't offer support for legacy server. What if a new player log into a legacy server and start building a base etc and don't know what legacy server is.

This is so out of place, selling a full price game and don't offer support for the old servers. This is not how to sell a product works in 2017.

Just my 2 cents on it.

Archived