platform saddles joke?

Avaraxius

this change might help perfomance slightly but the big problem is the tame limit that will always be reached as long as the curent kibble system stays in place.

change the kibble/egg system and that will significantly cut down on the amount of dinos people need to keep in their main/alt tribes.

remember, the more dinos you have the harder it is to constantly keep them fed and timers refreshed on their barns.

more dinos on the server means decresed perfomance as well as these other problems.

No matter what people say, the bottom line is kibble being the root of the problem and it needs to be changed.

Without the need for so many different kibbles to tame/imprint other dinos there would be no reason to have a large majority of the dinos people currently have.

I gurantee you the moment kibble is changed tribes will be able to clear out at least half of their dino cap. Less to take care of, smaller bases, better perfomance, it's win-win

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Insomniak said:

I can see how moving structures puts a strain on servers, as Xbox plats have always been buggy around structure limits, so maybe they just need to ditch the creativity side and make pre-fab saddles that cannot be modified. They can have different versions for farming, war, transport etc. seems to me it would be a much better solution than trying to deter players from using them with the 'compromise your tame slots'  tactics. What does ye readers think? And from someone with experience with the u4 engine.. would this work?

pre fab platform with a forge, another with a bed, other one with fridge. I like this idea. It really could help servers as platform would count as a single entity, instead of an entity with a lot of other entities on it. It would releif some strain on the servers as there would be A LOT less collision calculations to do. Downside is, the whole platform is getting destroyed all at once.

Just now, Naerah(Qc) said:

pre fab platform with a forge, another with a bed, other one with fridge. I like this idea. It really could help servers as platform would count as a single entity, instead of an entity with a lot of other entities on it.

You wouldn't even really need the items like forge or beds, just having a single structure that you could put items in would help a lot.  Think about it, a single structure to do collision checks on verse 20 structures just to make a box.

3 minutes ago, BeardO said:

You wouldn't even really need the items like forge or beds, just having a single structure that you could put items in would help a lot.  Think about it, a single structure to do collision checks on verse 20 structures just to make a box.

lol i edited my post to say the same thing as you wrote your post.

Or maybe keep the platform as they are, but instead of being buildable on,  make pre-fab platform tops that snap on any platform, like Mining Platform top, Raiding platform top, house platform top. Now a full platform would count as 2 entities instead of 1+40 stuructures. It's all about giving choice and different options for different job/playstyle.

17 minutes ago, BeardO said:

I like the idea but I believe that would be the same as the plat saddle with structures as the server would still have to do a collision check even inside a pre-fab box, whereas  a static saddle would ignore the collision to a degree- similar to plat saddles without structures do now. But with me and my limited programming knowledge, it's like a kid explaining physics to an engineer... I could be way off.

2 hours ago, Demerus said:

this change might help perfomance slightly but the big problem is the tame limit that will always be reached as long as the curent kibble system stays in place.

change the kibble/egg system and that will significantly cut down on the amount of dinos people need to keep in their main/alt tribes.

remember, the more dinos you have the harder it is to constantly keep them fed and timers refreshed on their barns.

more dinos on the server means decresed perfomance as well as these other problems.

No matter what people say, the bottom line is kibble being the root of the problem and it needs to be changed.

Without the need for so many different kibbles to tame/imprint other dinos there would be no reason to have a large majority of the dinos people currently have.

I gurantee you the moment kibble is changed tribes will be able to clear out at least half of their dino cap. Less to take care of, smaller bases, better perfomance, it's win-win

Off topic but kibble problem has a very easy solution I mentioned before. Make all kibble the same, just require different amount of eggs to make.

Example: recipe:

kibble-

1x meat jerky,

1x prime meat jerky,

2x rare flowers,

2x mejoberries 

2x fiber 

10 dodo eggs, or

2 stego eggs, or 

1 gigantosaurus egg, or 

3 dilo eggs,  

etc so on and so forth 

so you can take eggs from any dino you use and it won't matter because they will all make the same kibble, just in different amounts. All they need to do is change the food value for kibble to each specific dino, effectively adjusting the tame times. So lower tier (tame time) dinos would tame with just a few kibble since it's more expensive, yet less demanding to make.

13 hours ago, raaazboy said:

step 1 tame a bronto

step 2 get one person from your tribe to leave the tribe and build a large structure under a new tribe

step 3 unclaim bronto

step 4 get the guy in the other tribe to claim the bronto

step 5 set the pin code on the behemoth gateway on the dinopen to something easy to remember 

step 6 place the bronto in the dinopen and unclaim it 

can't unclaim pets with platform saddles that are build on

The tribe whose home server it is cannot have many platform saddles ready for war without sacrificing a lot of dinos for their tame cap, 

The attackers  can bring over what ever they like and not worry about Dino cap,  as all their unless tames are on their home server.  

This puts the defenders at a disadvantage because they won't be able to utilise their tames as effectively.  The attackers can just download 10 brontos at a time.

Does noone see a problem with this?  

I'm confused.  As I'm a ps4 pve player, what I'm getting is this is only effecting pc pvp with a 500 tame limit.  It's not effecting pve pc player tame count.  With the serous tame limit diffrence for pc, xbox, and ps4, I can't see them putting in the same count cost on a 500 tame limit and a 200 tame limit even if it's for both pve and pvp.

9 minutes ago, tequilarose said:

I'm confused.  As I'm a ps4 pve player, what I'm getting is this is only effecting pc pvp with a 500 tame limit.  It's not effecting pve pc player tame count.  With the serous tame limit diffrence for pc, xbox, and ps4, I can't see them putting in the same count cost on a 500 tame limit and a 200 tame limit even if it's for both pve and pvp.

PC PvE limit is 500, I don't think there is a limit on PvP outside of total tames on server.

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, tequilarose said:

I doubt it will be the same limits for ps4 n xbox.. we will just have to wait and see.. 

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, tequilarose said:

We have a 200 tame limit on ps4 pve there are 3 of us in our tribe that we each have a quetz with foundations ect for farming and transporting Dino's that would but a serious hurt on our dino count...

I agree.. Like I said we have to wait and see.. Until we see a announcement on it its all rumor.. I have not seen any word on it on twitter or here on the forums.. It may not even happen on consoles. We just have to wait for official word on it.

1 hour ago, Captnmorgan said:

I agree.. Like I said we have to wait and see.. Until we see a announcement on it its all rumor.. I have not seen any word on it on twitter or here on the forums.. It may not even happen on consoles. We just have to wait for official word on it.

It's been two days and there is still no concrete proof it works and described by patch notes. 

I've tested it all the ways I could think possible on Official PVE and dino count stood the same and taming/claiming/breeding was not affected. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, powerstuck said:

It's been two days and there is still no concrete proof it works and described by patch notes. 

I've tested it all the ways I could think possible on Official PVE and dino count stood the same and taming/claiming/breeding was not affected. 

so your pc and pve or pvp? and your saying it doesn't work? 

5 hours ago, powerstuck said:

I will agree but will also add that if Ark was released to public with any public-beta / early access, there would have been only 5-10% of sales they realized so far. 

I for one would most likely haven't paid attention at this $60 game. At $20 (price I bought it for), I got attracted and got entertained. 

I agree. I can totally see the value and merit of open early access/beta, but it also opens up a whole slew of other problems. That's why I say I'm on the fence about the issue. There are tradeoffs to both methods, but in WC's situation I feel like they made the right decision despite the frustrations. Ark, despite it's various problems and delays, broke into some pretty new territory in a lot of different ways. I don't think it's a stretch to suggest that much of this wouldn't have been possible without paid early access...

But along with the benefit of a sizable "invesstment" came a significant number of players who have absolutely zero comprehension of what the game development process is like, let alone the role an early access tester plays. This is where my statement about "unrealistic expectations" comes in. Many players didn't know what to expect with an early access game. Rather than attempting to learn about the process, they simply assumed how things work and began treating their assumptions as reality. Every once in a while someone tries to explain it to them, and that's when they get mad and start calling people fanboys and white knights. (Among other various names)

There are few things more annoying that someone empowered by their own ignorance to a subject demanding that their expectations must be met...such is the problem in many aspects of society as of late.

...at any rate, that's my outlook on things. *ducks back into a trench*

The only reason i use platforms is on quetzals because there buggy as hell and like to randomly fly into the sky in some random directions so i slap a bed on it to find the damned things... Now wildcard wants me to get rid of my only way to keep track of these buggy dinos (dont bother say "use trackers" there broken as well / also dinos seem to glitch out if the dino box garage i made for them)... Thanks wildcard ...

4 hours ago, Captnmorgan said:

so your pc and pve or pvp? and your saying it doesn't work? 

I am on PC - Official - PVE

My tribe currently has 402 tamed dinos out of a max of 500. It was so before the patch. 

We do have 3 brontos with platform saddles and beds on them. We also have 3 Quetzals with platforms and built structures (one has a ramp and larger platform, another one a grill/fridge/light/generator, and the 3rd one pillars and walls to act as a Q catcher). 

So, those 6 dinos with structures ALREADY built on their platform saddles did not move our dino count. Reading patch notes, my expectation would be that we should have been at 516 dinos. 

I also put a platform saddle on another Quetzal (AFTER THE PATCH) and built a quick thacth foundations of that platform...expecting it to go up by 19/20. Still didn't move the tribe's tamed dino count. 

With an ally, I even claimed his dinos (because if I were over cap, which we should have, the game would not let me claim an extra dino), but our dino count went up by 1 to 403 (normal pre-patch behaviour). 

So...you tell me if it looks like it works or not.

49 minutes ago, brenon45 said:

The only reason i use platforms is on quetzals because there buggy as hell and like to randomly fly into the sky in some random directions so i slap a bed on it to find the damned things... Now wildcard wants me to get rid of my only way to keep track of these buggy dinos (dont bother say "use trackers" there broken as well / also dinos seem to glitch out if the dino box garage i made for them)... Thanks wildcard ...

You should try one of the new features in the game. I think they're called "ceilings."

Archived