Changes to Pillar Structure Decay!

Jatheish

2 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Well yes, I would admit there aren't enough servers around for this particular map, we can agree on that. If there were more servers we wouldn't have to deal with this.

Funny thing, the constant ragnarok server cluster crashes is pushing people away from it. Two solid weeks of rollbacks, and server pop decreased by a lot.

Well then maybe they shouldn't release something that is only half finished then, I mean I could understand if the core game was still 6 months from release, but we are 5 weeks out and they should be polishing the game and not making it worse.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what is the solution to protecting metal spawns? All my pillars I had protecting the metal spawn close to me are gone. They were two pillars high as well. I decided to place wooden foundations as a substitute for now but I have come back later to find the metal has not respawned. So basically nothing at this point will stop someone from setting up shop on the metal spawns and I'm preventing them from spawning with my foundations. I cannot get on this game every 11 hours to reset pillars. 

I don't like blocking such a rich metal spawn but I'd rather block the metal spawn than let someone else come in and build a giant base ontop of the spawn. I couldn't possibly just leave the spawns unprotected because people on my server have proven they cannot be trusted. And don't get me started with the trolls and griefers. 

• Volunteer Moderator
56 minutes ago, ONLYaUNCfan said:

So what is the solution to protecting metal spawns? All my pillars I had protecting the metal spawn close to me are gone. They were two pillars high as well. I decided to place wooden foundations as a substitute for now but I have come back later to find the metal has not respawned. So basically nothing at this point will stop someone from setting up shop on the metal spawns and I'm preventing them from spawning with my foundations. I cannot get on this game every 11 hours to reset pillars. 

I don't like blocking such a rich metal spawn but I'd rather block the metal spawn than let someone else come in and build a giant base ontop of the spawn. I couldn't possibly just leave the spawns unprotected because people on my server have proven they cannot be trusted. And don't get me started with the trolls and griefers. 

Pillar + ladder works.

Great. I had a beautiful bridge, made with pillars+ceilings. There were fence foundations on both sides so I could place decorative pillars.

The decorative pillars disappear. Even though they are attached to "spawn blocking structures" (Fence foundation) and close to spawn blocking structures (pillars+ceilings) and regular foundations at both ends of the bridge (the bridge itself is 10-12 foundations long and 2 wide.

Meh.

19 minutes ago, Weiss said:

Great. I had a beautiful bridge, made with pillars+ceilings. There were fence foundations on both sides so I could place decorative pillars.

The decorative pillars disappear. Even though they are attached to "spawn blocking structures" (Fence foundation) and close to spawn blocking structures (pillars+ceilings) and regular foundations at both ends of the bridge (the bridge itself is 10-12 foundations long and 2 wide.

Meh.

Lost a foundation with a bed on it. 

Now I have to run to red ob like a peasant instead of conveniently just killing myself

2 hours ago, BudLite said:

Um, build a wall, it takes like a second to do.  

This was before the change, where they announced lone PILLARS not attached to spawn blocking structures would be wiped. Foundations are spawn blocking structures yet those were ninja wiped too, with my bed on it. Also all the foundations i laid down in my enclosure to stop spawns killing my dinos also vanished.

1 hour ago, Wazzamaniac said:

This was before the change, where they announced lone PILLARS not attached to spawn blocking structures would be wiped. Foundations are spawn blocking structures yet those were ninja wiped too, with my bed on it. Also all the foundations i laid down in my enclosure to stop spawns killing my dinos also vanished.

I see,

I did read in this thread that they would be wiping Single foundations too although Jat did not directly mention it in the start of this thread.

On 7/2/2017 at 11:46 AM, CyberAngel67 said:

Well then maybe they shouldn't release something that is only half finished then, I mean I could understand if the core game was still 6 months from release, but we are 5 weeks out and they should be polishing the game and not making it worse.

When creating software, it always works flawlessly in the hands of the developers.

The real test is when the public gets ahold of it, there are so many variables that the developers are not able to factor in until they know what real time players are doing with it and how the software reacts to the various environments of those users.  Not everyone plays the game the same, to think that the developers can test every aspect is just crazy.  We are the Beta testers, that is why we got/get the software at a discounted price. 

They also have their hands tied by what Xbox and PS will allow.  Then, they have to factor in the limitations of the gaming console itself (Should be fairly constant but you never know what people modify even if it is against policy) 

The "Pre Release" disclaimer is just that.  Pre Release.  Meaning, we are going to test it on you and make improvements from there.  

6 hours ago, BudLite said:

When creating software, it always works flawlessly in the hands of the developers.

The real test is when the public gets ahold of it, there are so many variables that the developers are not able to factor in until they know what real time players are doing with it and how the software reacts to the various environments of those users.  Not everyone plays the game the same, to think that the developers can test every aspect is just crazy.  We are the Beta testers, that is why we got/get the software at a discounted price. 

You don't need to explain to me how software development works, I have done that for 35 years and now very well that certain things can go undetected. But for go sake, this last major update has things that their QA should have picked up. It feels like they rushed it, it looks like they rushed it. In other words if walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck.

6 hours ago, BudLite said:

They also have their hands tied by what Xbox and PS will allow.  Then, they have to factor in the limitations of the gaming console itself (Should be fairly constant but you never know what people modify even if it is against policy) 

The "Pre Release" disclaimer is just that.  Pre Release.  Meaning, we are going to test it on you and make improvements from there.  

I am not sure what this is suppose to mean, we are 4 weeks from release it is meant to be getting polished, not making it worse by rushing it out the door.

Archived