Anarki

So what did you do in ARK today?

It was a good weekend on Ark. A lot of tames on new official and some good raises on both legacy and new officials. 

Saturday through Tuesday

Legacy;

Took half a day at work since it was slow and got home and hatched 7 Rex's (kept 5). I left 6 eggs for my tribe mate because he doesn't have his own imprinted Rex's with the 15.1k, 537 melee stats. I was very anxious to hatch the two from my main male breeder and the 140 fresh tame to see if i got a stat roll. I did not. The 1st one hatched with the females stats exactly so it was harvested but the second hatched with the females HP (9.6k) but the 537 melee. I kept this one because it still has a side with 0 mutations and is a female so i will change her out with the 140 wild tame and try again. 

I didn't spend a lot of time on Legacy and the Rex's suffered a little for it. Most ended up with just 70-75 percent imprint. They'll still get to 45k hp and 800 melee but I won't be riding them. When my tribe mate logged on we did some grinder leveling. got both of our Daedon's above 50k food with one to 74k food. Also grinded 4 Yuty's (all to 22k+ hp and 3000+ stam) and 2 Rex's until all the new hatches reached juvenile. Did some meat run's and they we popped over to the new server only coming back over for imprints and one or two additional meat runs the rest of the weekend. 

New official's; 

I could literally write an entire novella but I am not trying to create 3 posts like last week. So i think i'll touch on breeding and trading and probably just list the tames i can remember.

In the breeding category we popped 4 Rex's. The one I claimed came from a 135 male who was partially kibble tamed and prime meat tamed and a 140 female who I believe got the same treatment. The baby popped with 325 percent melee (mother's stats) and like 7k hp. Not bad for the first hatching. Because of my duty (lol) to legacy imprints and the ridiculous 80/70 server at times, it's imprint finished around 73 percent just like my legacy Rex's. she was the only thing I raised this weekend as I spent most of my time out taming. 

Tame list;

150 male Megatherium (honey tame) and man was he earned. During the middle of taming him some ants got in the mix giving him a bug buff so I had to dip (Bears are super fast and strong people. Definitely get some plus you can fire off their backs) and wait it out. We traveled quite a distance back and forth but I finally got him down. Normally with the kind of torpor timer he has I'd just place him in some spiked walls and come back but i wasn't risking anything so I sat on him starving him down since we were using honey for the full (after 2x is when I found him) almost 2 hours. 

145 male Argy and let me tell you how irritated I was here. We have a nice female (135 tame) but our males were bleh and this upcoming weekend I want to hatch some. I like Argy's a lot. Strong mounts, good carriers until we get a Quetz but with added bonus of great defense. So he was another after 2x tame. Anyway I wanted to kibble tame him as he had some excellent HP and Melee wild stats (2270 hp, 240 melee) but when i got back to base after dropping him i could only find 16 stego eggs. I checked the kibble fridge and didn't see any pre-made kibble. My tribe mate was giving me crap because it's imprint kibble but if we don't have anything good to raise imprint kibble means jack. I put out in global chat i was willing to trade other harder to get imprint kibbles for the stego eggs (terror bird, gallimus, pretty much anything but dime as we only had 4 of those eggs) but I couldn't get a response back. frustrated and stubborn I started gathering prime and prime/raw meat taming the Argy. My tribe mate put out he was willing to trade a lower level doedic (level 90) and someone finally responded but I told them to hold their eggs cause I already started prime meat taming it.  Then my tribe mate said he found 10 other stego eggs. He put them in with the kibble fridge but just hadn't made them yet. The Argy tamed out to 191 and got Hp rolled to 2720 and melee rolled to 343. I bred him immediately upon return to base. I'll probably breed him again tonight if the timer is up. 

150 male Bronto (berry tame) no story here. Was done while I was sleeping. 

145 male Sabretooth. He was mostly kibble tamed (6 out the 7 bronto eggs we needed) and finished with prime meat. Average stats across board but I am going to breed him with the 135 female we had tamed previously. 

145 male and female bears, 135 male bear. (all were honey tamed). The 135 and 145 female were bred and that baby was raised right away as well. The 145 male was just found last night. He'll be bred with the female this weekend. 

135 female doedic and 145 female doedic with the blue shell.(kibble tames) On legacy island the blue shell doedics were always low level when we found them so this was kind of a we have to tame it thing. The 135 female was bred with a 140 male we had previously tamed and that baby was raised. That baby hatched with 410 melee and 450 weight. It's male too which is good because my one tribe mate took both doedic's we had (70 tame that is now 90) and the 140 male out to harvest rock and he had the 140 on follow. It got stuck on some rocks and he didn't realize and it ended up drowning. Poor thing. 

145 female Allosaurus. She was mutton/prime meat tame. She had eaten about 3 pieces of prime meat and I was out looking for more when I came across an Ovis. Chomped that down and finished her with mutton. 

145 male Ptera (kibble tame). After the 147 hatchling (covered below) I realized we needed a better male as the female was also 140+ tame. So those are simple tames and the high level's are plentiful on Ragnarok. 

20 female, 20 female and 25 male Gallimus, 55 female, 20 female, 20 male Terror birds, 20 male and female dimetrodon's, 25 male and 30 female ichthyornis', 25 female and male and 20 female dimorphodon's, 55 male Diplodocus, 55 male Spino, 25 female Morellatop, 25 male pachy, 20 female and 20 male Oviraptor's. There may have been more tames but they escape me. (edit: 3 snails and 3 dung beetles as well)

Raise's (not already covered). 212 hatched female anky. She hatched with 320 melee. 3 additional Rex's. One hatched with 8k hp but the rest of them all had less than 300 hatch melee. Definitely need to tame a few more. 147 hatched Ptera. 154 born Direwolf. 

Base expansion continued. We have a huge building now to house the dino's and we have started to build our breeding area better. We installed more plant species X which is great for our area. We killed at least 20 wyvern's this weekend. There's a drop we hit and a lot of time's there are wyvern's near it so we hit it and race back to base on a low level expendable ptera. I usually walk a Rex out there and between the species X and the Rex we normally take down the wyvern following. A 165 poison got the better of me yesterday but the species X (probably have about 50) did its job. 

Lost our good Bary this weekend to a squid sadly. We were out hunting for an angler and Dunkleo and we ran into a squid (buddy was on the shark). We surfaced and got away then swam down the ocean about 300 yards before submerging again. That squid must of been traveling in the same direction and he called in a buddy. I tried to surface but it caught the bary. I hopped off and whistled follow all to the bary and started to surface myself. The red death announcement followed shortly after (202 bary killed by 50 squid) and then I got hit by some eels, tank broke, and I drowned. my tribe mate was able to get away. Lost flak helmet, 5 scuba tanks, flak gauntlet, flak leggings, 200 silica pearls, apprentice crossbow. The scuba tanks probably hurt the worse but we know a few good obsidian spots and with the amount of snails we have now poly won't be an issue. 

plans for the weekend; 

New official; Tame a 140+ female Megatherium, tame 1 male and 2 female Pachyrhinosaurus, raise baby sabretooth, bear, direwolf, argie's, rex's, allosaurus', pterandon's, anky's, doedic's, Bronto (buddy said he downed a 140 female last night), and get a few more female dimetrodon's and go get some bee hives to sell. Build water breeding area (need more species x to kill off Piranha spawn's) and maybe breed the sharks right away. Have trade set for a 170+ lightning wyvern, acquired a 165 fire wyvern egg yesterday. Once we get the full grown lightning we'll be able to get milk easily and can raise that. gonna go and track down some tapes too so we can get a Quetzal. 

Legacy; Hit cave runs. Finish leveling rex's and maybe do some boss fights. 

Little further out; get an egg from the hatchling of 135+ mutton tamed Quetzal's and the opposite gender parent from that hatchling. So if there is a 2x that should be middle of next week when we get that egg. 

Happy arking. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

It was a good weekend on Ark. A lot of tames on new official and some good raises on both legacy and new officials. 

Saturday through Tuesday

Legacy; Hit cave runs. Finish leveling rex's and maybe do some boss fights. 

Little further out; get an egg from the hatchling of 135+ mutton tamed Quetzal's and the opposite gender parent from that hatchling. So if there is a 2x that should be middle of next week when we get that egg. 

Happy arking. 

You are so lazy. get out there and do something on ARK!  9_9

Edited by Aushegun
  • Haha 1

Not much happened today. Hatched an allo, but it didnt get the hp stat from mom so we culled it.

Then we started working on our elevator. I'm getting tired of using ladders, lol. Our base is 20 walls high with 3 floors. I plan on making a glass elevator shaft so it should look pretty cool. S+ elevators lets you set "floors" so it will work out great. I have about 250 poly and 1k electronics being made now, but I think I'm going to need another 500 poly, so tomorrow morning's plan is to farm obsidian.

I really should tame 4 or 5 more snails just for organic poly, i've just been lazy, lol. I'm swimming in CP and AP, but always seem to be low on poly. I just hate making the long trip to the redwoods for sap for veggie cake. 

Edited by Jabnlab

I did log in last night after I heard that we had had a Giga egg stolen from our air con room. I was suprised by it but not overly so just went on a cave run and hit up a few beacons. 

I was quite tired but spent 30 mins, killing some Rex's and anything I could see and then... a pack of Allos! Now, I mustn't say this too loud or my tribe master will give me a grilling on TS this weekend but I didnt have my spyglass on me so couldnt see the levels but the Alpha had taken no damage from the Stego and 3 Brontos they were assaulting.

Anyway, I saw an opportunity for some good xp for my bear and for a few nice trophies... Bang! The Alpha was harder than I expected and then it dawned on me, do i run adn leave it, and come back with a glass? By now the Allo was bloody so wouldnt survive any further carnage from anything so I kept on plugging away. 'Your Bear killed a level 150 Allosaurus' - D'oh! I know we dont see them often and I know my Tribe Master really wanted one (we had a nice one on our old server). Ill keep that to myself me thinks :P

13 hours ago, erfulspace117 said:

I'm getting the game on Saturday for PS4 any tips guys?

PvP...as soon as you spawn in start gathering materials and go in land. Don't stay on the beach else you'll be toast. Don't use global chat. They already know you're there and they will probably be looking for you. learn sleeping bag and small chests. Find thick foliage to hide it in and place small items and some spawn points. Build small and hidden to start. You are going to die a lot. HP and fortitude are your friend. 

PvE...don't ask to join a tribe. prove yourself as a solo player first (unless you are joining with friends or if you see someone actively recruiting) Don't ask for free stuff. Work your butt off that is how you get rewarded. Try not to build on the beach. Some valuable resources and walking paths there. Build a small hut to gather materials but eventually scout and locate a good spot to build. There will be a lot of pillared spots so keep searching. They haven't got it all but be aware of resource spawns and certain dino spawns. Use Ark Wiki and here to find valuable info. You will die here though probably not as much. Just keep plugging away. Start taming dino's and learn about kibbles. Don't get too attached to your tames early. They will be slaughtered while you are out by wild dino's. Grind and then grind some more that is how you grow. 

14 hours ago, erfulspace117 said:

I'm getting the game on Saturday for PS4 any tips guys?

Play SINGLE PLAYER for a bit to get used to the game mechanics and maps. Then follow the advise from that people posted above, if you are going onto public servers.

PS4

Single Player

Ragnorok

So last night I spawned into the Island. Used the Ascend2 command, and began my adventure into Ragnorok!

Spawned into Viking Bay. Ground out a base and some tools/weapons. Tamed a Ptera, flew until I found some Argies. While shooting at the Argy, he knocked both me and my Ptera off the cliff we were standing on. Somehow, I survived the fall, and landed on a small ledge on the cliff. Finally brought the Argy down, by doing the bullfighter "Ole" technique. I then flew off to get some more prime, as the stuff I had was now bad. Got some prime, and returned to the Argy just in time to see a Level 53 Rex make a snack out of him. It was then that I realized that the "small ledge" was actually accessible on both sides. So I did some grinding and build a wood spike wall on both sides of the location I wanted to build a taming pen.  I then spent most of the time building an Argy taming pen, only to end up taming an argy away from it, because my Ptera was such a low level, it's stamina sucked, and I kept having to land.But at least I had an Argy!

Then over the next couple hours tamed a Trike, Parasaur, Shark, 2 more Pteras,  and a handful of Dodos, Lymas, Dilos and Dimorphs. nothing high level, as I was just staying in Viking Bay area.

I then started to explore a bit of the map. After searching a portion of the map and not seeing any Tapejaras, I jumped over to the Island map, and loaded up the Green OB with my low level male Taperjara and "mule" Argy I had just sitting around on that map, that I never used.

Jumped back to Rag, and flew to the green OB. Downloaded the Tapejara. Put his saddle on him, and then downloaded the Argy. ..... um Wildcard, why did my Argy never download, yet he is no longer showing in the OB?!  Oh well, it was just one that I had stopped using on the island anyway, so no real big loss. flew back to base, and loaded up on tranq arrows. I then took the Tapejara out and found a level 58 Argy. Not very high, but prior to that everything I'd seen had been level 31 or lower. Tamed him up, fought off some piggies in the process, and then flew back to base.

Jumped over to the Island to see if for some reason that missing Argy was back there. but no he is gone. As I jumped back to Rag, I noticed that the difficulty level was only .3!   WTH? I always play it set to 3 or 5. Not sure how that got lowered, but that probably explains the low level dinos I was seeing, and also why the two Argies I tamed seemed so much easier to get that usual.

Tonight I will most likely do a dino wipe, after increasing the difficulty to at least 3. (not sure I want to go full 5 yet, until I know the map better) I will try to find a capture a high level Tapejara as well as Argy and Ptera. Then I can explore a bit more, and see where the Wyverns spawn. I haven't seen any yet. 

I also need to scout out a location for a new base. One that has metal and stone nearby, and is more centrally located. My first base is on the very edge of the water. Great location for seeing any mean dinos coming, but far off from resources needed to advance.

Thus far, I haven't transferred over anything else from my Island map. Trying to decide if I want to transfer over more dinos, some machinery, and resources (CP, Ingots, etc.) and weapons.  Or just continue grinding all of that from scratch on Rag.  

I will say this, Rag thus far is a beautiful map.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

PvP...as soon as you spawn in start gathering materials and go in land. Don't stay on the beach else you'll be toast. Don't use global chat. They already know you're there and they will probably be looking for you. learn sleeping bag and small chests. Find thick foliage to hide it in and place small items and some spawn points. Build small and hidden to start. You are going to die a lot. HP and fortitude are your friend. 

PvE...don't ask to join a tribe. prove yourself as a solo player first (unless you are joining with friends or if you see someone actively recruiting) Don't ask for free stuff. Work your butt off that is how you get rewarded. Try not to build on the beach. Some valuable resources and walking paths there. Build a small hut to gather materials but eventually scout and locate a good spot to build. There will be a lot of pillared spots so keep searching. They haven't got it all but be aware of resource spawns and certain dino spawns. Use Ark Wiki and here to find valuable info. You will die here though probably not as much. Just keep plugging away. Start taming dino's and learn about kibbles. Don't get too attached to your tames early. They will be slaughtered while you are out by wild dino's. Grind and then grind some more that is how you grow. 

Thanks man

This morning I am a sad panda.:Jerbcry:

Last night I continued on my new gameplay of Ragnarok. I tamed a couple of sharks, three high level Pteras, and added on to my base on the beach. Harvested metal and made some ammo. I then spent the next hour exploring the map. And even found my first Griffin. But did not attempt to tame.

I have today off, so I logged on this morning, and decided I wanted to transfer a Doed and Anky from my Island base to Rag.  However when I go to the Island map, it keeps acting as if I am a brand new player on the map. Create my character, etc.  So it appears I somehow lost my entire Island data! >:(

WTH?   besides losing a huge base I had built, I lost nearly 50 dinos, including my highest level Spino ever, high level Argies, Ankys, Doeds, Tapejaras. Plus my Quetzs. Then there was the huge ammo and resources I had built up.

I'm not seeing any indication of an update last night, and I know I did not delete any files. So I am so confused and totally bummed out. This is on PS4 - single player.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Edited by Aushegun

Over the last week I have felt overwhelmed with keeping the Legacy server going while also trying to be a contributing member on the new official server so after talking it over with my legacy tribe mate we chose to let the Legacy server go. In that aspect;

I took one of our Giga's out and killed a Wild Level 40 Giga. Lost about 13k HP to that one. Our Giga had 424% melee and 34k HP with a 109 Armor Saddle. I also killed a level 85 Giga with the same Giga. Lost about 21k HP to that one.

I had plans to take some of my Boss' Rex's (those with the 45k HP and 700+ melee and the 86+ armor saddles) into the snow biome and hunt down a Giga to see how they'd fair and also hunt down a Titan to see how they'd fair but as I'll explain later it didn't happen. 

I walked our one Golem down to try the hard water cave but I got lost on the way, was down to low and got caught in a small area between the barrier and some rocks so i just left him there to despawn. I swam into the cave got hit by an eel and died in a few minutes totally expected though.

I set our three thyla's loose on carno island, 5 wolves loose in redwood, 3 allo's and two of the giga's loose in the swamp, our 4 dragon's I set them for AI to use elemental attacks and actually took them into the air then jumped off of them and had them fly and do whatever they wanted, I did the same with several Quetzal's.

I had planned to do so much more and test stuff out but was frankly exhausted at the idea of collecting and positioning these dino's just so to attempt things. So I took our best 3 Boss Rex's (45k hp/800% melee) and our best Yuty(turret mode is awesome by the way and 26k hp/3120 stam) had them all follow each other and sent them to reek havoc around Green ob along with one of our Golem's and then just whistled everything else to follow one Yuty which was a glorious cluster of madness.  

I destroyed all of our vaults and equipment with stuff in it as well as storage boxes. I did a quick survey of each vault and to my knowledge it looked like I let despawn about 250k ings, 400 to 500k Hide and fiber, 10k crystal, and probably 90-100k poly. 

It made me kind of sad (maybe not the right word, defeated and exasperated are better descriptions) seeing all that we had worked for go away like that. BP's and fert eggs yet to be hatched including some that may have given us a cool black and white Quetzal to add to our color. 

Thinking of running the caves to achieve the last artifacts we needed for monkey and dragon and knowing I'd have to devote at a minimum another month of my time to legacy to reach that point properly made this decision for us and even though it was tough i think it is going to be the right decision in the end. 

I did do one positive thing. A kid I traded with several months ago was always looking for a Giga egg but could never get the mats needed together due to some of the worse luck in the world, like internet outages and lost materials during server jumps, and let him know I had pin coded a small storage box on our server with a cooked down (less than 1%) 18k hp/180-230 melee/50% blue mute chance egg that he just needed to come and get. he sent a great thank you and then I bid adieu to my legacy server. 

I can now dedicate my time to the new official server completely and regain what we had and I believe surpass it as our 3 person tribe complement each other's skill sets very well but are well rounded enough in everything to be assets no matter what needs to get done. 

Onward and upward. 

Edit: The new Ark: Refreshing Evolved DLC kind of sucks. My first attempt at onward and upward consisted of me refreshing my new server for close to 2 hours looking at between 77/70 to 70/70 servers. I realized how much of an idiot I was and proceeded to watch Netflix instead though being sour while doing so. Maybe I'll get to try onward and upward tonight. By the way when I woke up for work at 4:00 AM this morning the server was still at 70/70. First time I experienced that difficulty getting on the server. Never had to wait more than 30 minutes previously. 

Edited by yekrucifixion187
  • Sad 1

Finished our elevator last night and got the floors configured, now I just need to build the elevator shaft.

We spent half an hour or so this morning looking for underwater loot crates on our plesios and couldnt find a single one. Gave up and hit the trench to farm some squid for black pearls and absorbant substrate, that was a little scary, theres a lot of eels and jellies down there, lol. Made it out without bumping any jellies after killing several squid and came home with 200 or 300 black pearls and 25 or so absorbant substrate. I dont think id take a mosa down there for fear of hitting a jelly, hardly enough room for plesios to sneak by

I remembered reading that the ice cave had several loot crates in its entrance, so we decided to find it and check it out. Flew in and found 4 loot crates. First run the only good thing I found was a MC dunklo saddle. Went in again half an hr later, and they had respawned, found a jm parasaur saddle bp, JM shotgun and MC stone pick of all things, (as well as various quality cloth and hide bps).

Tried it again on my lunch break and got MC fur gloves which made my afternoon despite not being a bp, lol (we plan to eventually setup an outpost in murder snow)

So all i plan on doing tonight is hitting the loot crates a few times and maybe hatching another allo.

Our plans for this weekend are building a cabin near the ice cave, kind of independent from our main base with its own set of gathering/defense dinos. We also want to tame a dunklo as I noticed a lot of underwater obsidian and crystal nodes around the volcano, and maybe find and kill a few alpha mosas and squid. Then we are going to assist one of my brothers in taming a few dinos (hes his own tribe and doesnt play much) Then if he gets some type of combat mount we plan on meeting up with my other brother and doing some exploring/leveling. I may surprise them with a decent saddle for what ever mount they bring

And If I get time Sunday we are going to raise a plesio for my wife, and hopefully its a female so it can pair with my 100% imprinted male

• Like 1

I have/get to give this gam major props because it showed me god-tier levels of glitchy kindness after a freeze earlier today. It's been freezing and crashing quite a bit lately and sometimes it loses several minutes of progress, thanks to one of the crashes I found the Wyvern that I had raised but Kill comanded alive again, for some reason out in the lava lands near the wyvern trench and highland area where sheep spawn and it was fighting 2 wild ones.

The truely lucky part is after it killed the wilds I called him to me and he had the 50 still mostly fresh wyvern milks in it's inventory so an alpha must have spawned in and lost a fight. Using the milk to raise a lightning and poison baby and I also used the Wyvern to get a Morellatops and also got a green winged lvl 130 Lymantria.

I also almost got a second griffin but it got away lol.

• Haha 1

Trying to raise some babies...but our server is still broken with ridiculous lag and 255 ping. Its been three weeks now and still it hasn't been fixed. I was really excited to play on the new servers, but now it is almost too frustrating to play! 

Didnt get much accomplished this weekend. Spent 2 hrs looking for thylas in the sw islands, found and killed about 8 low lvls before giving up. Then set out for yutties. Found a 145 near our mountain taming pen. Kitted it in with my bear, but before i could get the door closed my bear got hit with fear and rain right off a cliff to its death. RIP yogi bear. Gave up on looking for yutties and went home and raised a replacement bear.

Later that night our angler somehow got out and killed by a ray. Rip blinky. After that we help my brother tame a sabre, so theres 1 success. Then we set out to tame another angler and came across a 135 alpha mosa. That was a good fight, but no good loot. Shortly after we tamed a lvl 25 angler.

This morning we set out for yutties again but struck out. Then decided to build a wyvren trap and try for some wyvrens. Built the trap, got some milk...but all the friggen eggs spoild on pick up. Did a destroy wild dinos. Waited 20 minutes and managed to get a lvl 15 fire, lvl 20 lightning and lvl 95 lightning. 

Took the eggs and milk home and decided to brave murder snow for some ice eggs, and managed to get 1 lvl 55 before we had to bail due to low health. So the rest of the day we are going to hatch/raise the lvl 95 and 55 eggs

• Like 1

I had a long Saturday night which was good and the highlight was visiting the Ice Cave on the Center map. Now on our last server we visited it with Bears and they were great but my Tribe master and I didnt have any spare bears yet to leave up there so we decided to try and swim a pair of Spino's up there. Neither are great - one has 400 melee and the other has 6k hp so between us we had a tank and a slayer. 

The first part went swimmingly well, swamps no issue and no Mosa's or anything to take us out from below.

We arrived at the IceCave (west side I think) and neither of us were sure if Spinos would fit in and on some of the walkways. We didn’t even know if the Yeti’s would push us back. The Spino’s indeed managed to fit in and we also managed to clear Yeti’s fairly easily. It was nice getting our 3rd Artefact. Cunning, Immune and now Skylord. So game progression we have now managed to do (in standard ARK) in a month, than what we achieved in nearly a year on Prim+. Granted, I’m more of a help now and we also have other players, however, we are still far behind in our breeding programme though L

We got no decent drops from the crates but it was good experience for the Spinos – they levelled up quite nicely in there.

Other than that, we added further metal walls and flooring, bred some more dinos and put the eggs in the fridge awaiting for another 2x weekend to raise the all.

• Like 2