So what did you do in ARK today?

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I logged in and lagged out for about 5 minutes, then rubber-banded all over the place so I quit and went to work where it's less stressful.

PS4 - Private Server - Ragnarok   No new color mutations on the ravagers last night, so all those babies got killed. I then was flying around, and I saw a whole group of high level even

I always find this one of the most interesting posts to read. What did you do on *ARK* today? I for one tamed a few scorpions, filled my troughs full of berries and meat and then decided to look

Posted Images

Almost lost half my wolf pack this morning. All are fairly fresh tames so we were doing some leveling. Kind of went after more then we could chew, lol. Started out easy, killing a bunch of beavers and other small stuff, then came around to a field that always has a lot of brontos and rex fighting. Went after a lone bronto and before we knew it was 3 more brontos and 2 high lvl rex. Managed to kill all of them and make it out alive but the entire pack was a really dark shade of red, lol. Not doing that again without more numbers and more leveling.

We finished the morning by starting our dino pen expansion, adding another 10x15 area to keep our dinos safe. Got the fence supports layed out, just need to build walls and gates. Hopefully this last us atleast a few weeks before we have to expand again.

Edited by Jabnlab

in reference to 

On 7/21/2017 at 10:10 AM, Eichkater said:

We visited the iceworm cave in Ragnarok. We went with 4 guys and a lot of firepower. It was a bit overkill thou as a good shotgun could shred them. The rest was all firearrows. We got 4 iceworm horns out of it and a ma quetzplattform saddle bp. Not bad.

I've seen them lay eggs on The Island and The Center, so i'm sure they would lay eggs elsewhere in Ragnarok

Edited by Babii4eva
On 7/21/2017 at 10:10 AM, Eichkater said:

We visited the iceworm cave in Ragnarok. We went with 4 guys and a lot of firepower. It was a bit overkill thou as a good shotgun could shred them. The rest was all firearrows. We got 4 iceworm horns out of it and a ma quetzplattform saddle bp. Not bad.

I wonder if those mantis, once tamed with the horns, actually do lay eggs or if they need desert tiles for that. Does anybody know?

I've seen them lay on The Island and on The Center, so i'm sure they would lay elsewhere on Ragnarok also.

Ran alpha manticore twice 2 days ago, I'm in the tek business now. Killed 8 Alpha raptors with my new Rex (fought two at same time, Rex is 340 with 25k hp/820 melee currently with 18 levels to go), prepped for 4 more manticore runs for tonight after work, continued to grinder level new rexes for med brood coming up, traded two angler's and set up future trades for Quetz's, made sure current Quetz's being raised were doing good.  

It was good a day (yesterday). 

1. Farmed Stone, Wood, Metal, Cement Paste, Silica Pearls, and Organic Polymer.

2. Fed my Phioma and filled my compost bins.

3.  Killed a bunch of stuff for meat.

4.  Crafted a bunch of stuff to make a larger base and better defenses.

5.  Flew around looking for something cool to bring home and tame.

6.  Logged off.

Not much today. Tamed up a 150 male Mammoth, been having problems with my well not keeping my crops properly irrigated and having them constantly reverting to seedlings, so when searching for a solution I discovered the S+ Africanized Beehive, so demolished my beehive and got one crafted up, placed it next to my crop plots, and found out the hard way that they pretty much kill you just walking past it without Bug Spray on! xD Got it into a safe place and my crop irrigation problems are solved. 

Also plucked up the courage to kill a Wyvern that had strayed away from the Trench with my Griffin meaning that I finally had some Sulfur (for some reason I can't harvest the Sulfur nodes on the Volcano) so I can finally get some Propellant made up to power an S+ Item Collector! Easy street at last.

Killed an Alpha Rex and a couple of Alpha Raptors with the Griffin, then finished off the day by teleporting a 150 Megatherium into my base, which shouldn't have been a problem, except I forgot that bugs make them go beserk, and as I was making up some more tranq darts it spotted my Spider and went loopy causing all my Neutral tames to pile onto it. Spider died in one hit, no great loss, the Mega got killed in short order unfortunately, but never mind. Got everyone put back into place and called it a night 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ive been away DH mountain biking in the french Alps. I returned to the game last night to find my tribemate had got to perfect tame Spino's and another 145 Rex. He had been busy. As I entered our main building, our twin bears (blue) had multiplied by 3 and there were now 6 bears.

He logged on shortly after I and explained his exploits. He had done well, I had only been gone a week.

We play on the Center and he had found a little cave (which we must have passed many times before but never saw). It is jungles mid region and in that cave spawn 2 bears. Basically, he’s put a pen outside,  checks out the lvls of the bears, if he likes the look of one, kites it to the pen and tames, if he doenst like the lvls, he kills them off, leaves the area and returns to 2 new bears. It seems a wonderful little trick to max out some super bears.

After he showed me his new little place, we hopped on the doed and anky and collected stone. As weve some bigger dinos now (2 rex, 2 Spinos and Allosaur) we have decided  that the building isn’t big enough. It appears that people on our server only build with pillars so weve decided to do the same which will allow us to build further out and slightly above the sea (we have run out of decent space).

I then spot an Alpha Raptor and a standard Rex. I run in (naked), hop on my 262 Blue Bear and off I jog to take them on. Rex died pretty much instantly, and then Im taking out the Alpha Raptor – got it down fairly easily before realising an Alpha Carno was speeding in my direction from behind (how I didn’t see that bugger I wont know). I took some hits, realised I was already a ¼ down on hp and decided I wasn’t sure if this was a good idea. I ran.

The Carno got distracted by some brontos so I got my tribemate to jump on his bear and we returned and took out the Carno with ease. I really am liking the extra Alphas that are spawning now, but I do need to be a little careful as I never checked the lvl of either the Rex, A Raptor or A Carno.

Tonight will be more stone grinding, bear trapping and possibly trekking a pair of bears up to our snow base ready for the Cave. I do hope that no Leeds spawn by the swamp area as I need to get my bears over using a raft.

Helped my tribemate transfer his dinsos to another server. After he uploaded server crashed 255 ping and everyone dced this poop regularly happen same with rollbacks. I was affraid there would have been another one but gladly there wasnt. Else we had some double dinos i had to kill :/

The struggles to tell your tribemates u can only transfer when theres no lag and they have to wait a week for a small gap where its possible.

Edited by Oermens38

more of the same for me. breeding Argies and hatching eggs hoping for color mutations. I FINALLY got some a Red Winged one! I now have red feet, red wing Tips, and red face to go along with the red wings. Now I just need red head/neck and red forehead, and I can hopefully create my over-sized "Cardinal".  Almost there in creating an all yellow "Canary"; all blue "Bluebird"  and an all  black "Crow" as well.

Still no Hot Pink or Neon Green mutations yet. (Can get them in Thylas, but not Argies.)  Starting to get frustrating, as I have hatched over 1000 eggs so far.

I've been trying to decided which OB I want to move my base to,  Just having a hard time finding a good flat building site.  So last night in between hatchings, I flew "Shocker" my new lightening Wyvern around the map searching for a spot, and did meat runs for my Argy population. Also flew over to my original base near the mountains, and did a a metal run of about 4600 metal. Finally made a Industrial Forge, but am trying to decide where to place it. Not enough room in my mountain base, unless I do some major re-arranging. Since I'm on console, without S+, this can be a real hassle.

Tamed up a new Spider, wasn't really that bothered about losing the old one but when flying over the Volcano on my Agent I chanced upon a 150, so figured I may as well. Finally got around to taming a Yuty, just a 135, I've seen better around but this one had come right down into the forest next to my base so it was easy to get him into the taming pen. Also grabbed a 130 Baryonyx since it's the highest I've seen. Only a Prime Fishmeat tame so she's not great, but she'll do for now for some water exploring fun. Took the Yuty for a good old muder spree all over the map and spotted a 145 Griffen locked in a pointless battle with a 140 Rex where neither is hitting each other, left them too it and may go back and get the Griffen at some point when my Allos have popped out a few more eggses. Took the Anky and Doed out and did a bit more work on the castle walls since the building has been pretty neglected recently, then finished off the day by koing a 145 female Rex who was practically walking into my taming pen all by herself. Stuffed her full of Mutton since I couldn't be bothered to make the kibble up and called it a night.