WC needs to change Imprinting

Unseen

WC please change imprinting I get having to put serious time in to get 100% imprinting but when It become something that you have to do for days on end push players to imprint every 4h its simply unhealthy. WC you should know that plenty of people are willing to put those hours in at the cost of their health you should not be pushing your player base into insane sleep deprivation by make them get up and imprint dinos every 4h for days on end.

WC should simply care about the health of the gamers in their community.

Clearly there are tons of good solutions like just make it so dinos only require imprinting every 8h or make it so tribe members can imprint for you a limited amount of times just make it so people can sleep at least 7h a day if they want 100% Imprinted dinos. I have no issue with committed players getting the best dinos and items in the game so long as it’s not at the cost of their health.  

What do you guys think?  

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Dam Son said:

Waking up 3 am to trap and tranq a female wyvern is actually quite over the top

God knows how many argys have sacrificed themselves for the cause.

Would love to see jat or Jesse do a live stream of them imprinting a baby wyvern or giga or even a Rex to 100% for charity maybe so they can see first hand how amazingly crazy this mechanic is!

I know that common answers are "play on a boosted server!" or "that's what tribes are for!", but reality for many people who enjoy this game is that in the current state, it's simply impossible. My tribe mates are all from my country (we're all long-time friends) so we all need to go to bed and get up for work. The best we've got is somewhere around 60% I think and even that was pretty tough going, done over weekend etc.

Hopefully there's a balance they can achieve for retail release...

5 minutes ago, TranqRex said:

I know that common answers are "play on a boosted server!" or "that's what tribes are for!", but reality for many people who enjoy this game is that in the current state, it's simply impossible. My tribe mates are all from my country (we're all long-time friends) so we all need to go to bed and get up for work. The best we've got is somewhere around 60% I think and even that was pretty tough going, done over weekend etc.

Hopefully there's a balance they can achieve for retail release...

Not forgetting only you can imprint that baby regardless of how many you have in the tribe! Keeping the baby alive can be a challenge but is a small part of the problem!

I totally agree.
We raised 3 dragons on Scorched earth some time ago on official server and I can honestly say I will never do it again. It was once in a lifetime for me. Got the dragon to 91% imprint and that was with help of tribe members ( using my steam account to log in and imprint ).
Breeding to 100% imprint should be hard, but you should not have to sacrifice 3-4 days and raptor up your sleeping schedule for it. They need to find a different solution for this. For the sake of community's health and welfare :)

ever thought about imprinting as tribe mechanic which should be done by multiple people? like most of the stuff you should do with multiple people.

you can´t even play arenas or endgame without multiple people, so how comes that you think the best possible dino stats are for solo players?

as far as WC goes they highly go the route to incentivise building tribes. we are 3 people on our server and we share the imprint times, so

everyone gets 9h of sleep roughly. perfect mechanic

37 minutes ago, Braddock110 said:

True but again it's not a acquirement to imprint just a bonus and unfortunately that's how they see it and will not change it.

Have you ever heard of a game mechanic that is almost impossible for the average player to achieve I'm not sure I have, also why would they not correct it!

38 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

Put some work into it if you want top notch dinos.

it's also scientifically proven that you do not need to sleep for longer than 3 hours at a time without any health risks.

Did you really say get good on a post about imprinting and the army would disagree with you!

29 minutes ago, Dravis said:

In my opinion a fair option would be the initial person to imprint and receive the bonus should have to at least 50% of the imprinting them selves, but can have other members of the tribe imprint the other 50% while still obtaining the 100% imprinting bonus.

I agree or a lower imprint % so you have to do more imprints as a tribe 

3 hours ago, Unseen said:

WC please change imprinting I get having to put serious time in to get 100% imprinting but when It become something that you have to do for days on end push players to imprint every 4h its simply unhealthy. WC you should know that plenty of people are willing to put those hours in at the cost of their health you should not be pushing your player base into insane sleep deprivation by make them get up and imprint dinos every 4h for days on end.

WC should simply care about the health of the gamers in their community.

Clearly there are tons of good solutions like just make it so dinos only require imprinting every 8h or make it so tribe members can imprint for you a limited amount of times just make it so people can sleep at least 7h a day if they want 100% Imprinted dinos. I have no issue with committed players getting the best dinos and items in the game so long as it’s not at the cost of their health.  

What do you guys think?  

While i do agree the middle night wake ups are ridiculous, i think imprinting is WAY better now than before. 

To those who didnt know: you used to lose all ur % if you missed ONE imprint. Even its at 90%. Had a few friends quit because of a giga imprint

I think one small mechanic should be added: - the ability to "skip" the next imprint or a "once every 24h" use to make imprint timer be 2x long (6-8h) ONE time per 24h without cost to the total %, or make us able to pause imprint timer once per 24h 

• Volunteer Moderator
9 hours ago, ninjaridz said:

Have you ever heard of a game mechanic that is almost impossible for the average player to achieve I'm not sure I have

Pandemonium Warden.

As for imprinting, while I agree that some revisions ought to happen regarding this mechanic, I don't quite agree with leniency on achieving 100%. That maximum imprinting, while potentially physically unhealthy for those that do not share accounts, is ultimately the fruits of a survivor's long labor. Moreover, it's optional. "Average players" always complain about "no lifers" getting the edge on them, and to that I have to ask why they find this to be a fault. If you were a janitor or a cook would you find it fair that a fellow janitor/cook gets paid your weeks worth of wages for them being scheduled and doing only a half hour of work? If you answered no then why the change here? They put the time and effort (albeit in a videogame for digital creatures) and are thus rewarded for that.

5 minutes ago, Jrminot said:

I've gotten 100% on several of my tames. It's really not that difficult.

1. Reserve a weekend,

2. Hatch egg early,

3. Read a book / browse internet until it can feed from a trough

4. Set timers on phone for the imprinting care

I don't find it over difficult and I think the reward justifies the required effort.

Agree wholeheartedly.. if someone can put more time into it, I expect them to reap more reward. That's not unfair, just how things work.  It is entirely unfair, tho, to ask that players who dedicate more time get no more benefits than someone who doesn't,  regardless of the reason why 1 player can or cannot spend more time ingame.

35 minutes ago, Jrminot said:

1. Reserve a weekend,

2. Hatch egg early,

I don't find it over difficult and I think the reward justifies the required effort.

+1  It should be hard to get because of the bonus you get. 

10 hours ago, Mephos said:

ever thought about imprinting as tribe mechanic which should be done by multiple people? like most of the stuff you should do with multiple people.

you can´t even play arenas or endgame without multiple people, so how comes that you think the best possible dino stats are for solo players?

as far as WC goes they highly go the route to incentivise building tribes. we are 3 people on our server and we share the imprint times, so

everyone gets 9h of sleep roughly. perfect mechanic

Having more than 1 tribe member only helps if they share steam ids and passwords!

There should not be a mechanic in game that encourages gamers to give their password to other players or the alternative of becoming sleep deprived.

I raised 6 wyverns. I got most to over 90% and definitely did not sleep enough. Took me several days to get back to a normal sleep schedule, so this produced an unhealthy state for me for about a week.

I was only able to do this well because I had a 2nd account, my girlfriends account. So it seems you really need two accounts also to play this game. That should not be a requirement to play the game either!

1 hour ago, Jrminot said:

1. Reserve a weekend,

2. Hatch egg early,

Yes. Exactly. Like i stated above some changes could be made, but  i also dp this. Little planning goes a long way

Archived