Does anyone actually make mastercraft/ascendant blueprints of high tier items?

bo0MXxXsplatter

I'm not saying why people would even do this, but I'm asking how many people actually make mastercraft/ascendant (I.E. a riot helmet that costs thousands of polymer and only gives double the protection.) blueprints. I personally would not make any of those blueprints as they are way to expensive at times. It would probably be faster to just keep looking in deep sea loot crates until I find an actual item instead of the blueprint.

Weapons, I do. You'd be surprised how much difference a mastercraft longneck makes when firing tranq darts when you're out taming stuff...
 And I found mastercraft blueprints for flak armor, they seem to be a decent upgrade and a fair price to make and maintain for the protection they offer. Its kinda funny to suddenly get hit, turn around and realize that dilo you didn't spot before is hitting you for a big fat yellow 0 damage floating up over its head. Or that really fast raptor suddenly gets in your face and bites you for all of... 1 damage.

It did save my butt once against a kapro I was trying to tame too once, I had dropped it in my taming pen, got my rifle out and got up on the ledge above it... and it managed to snatch me and walk around the taming pen with me dangling out of its mouth while I shot it in the face with my longneck rifle to knock it out. Was funny to my tribemates to watch.

14 minutes ago, RilyHaryToze said:

The further you get in the game the easier the grind becomes making these crazy high priced items not seem so out of reach. Got an ascendant mosa platform saddle that takes 20k metal ingots among other things....looking forward to making it once the tek tier hits.

Yea making high tier riot gear helps. My buddy was wearing mastercraft riot gear and dc 3 time a while fighting a alpha carno and didn't even die. He even managed to kill it after the game stopped being lame. 

I craft everything what fits in current smithy/fab slots limit. currently I'm using asc xbows, clubs, swords, mastercraft longneck, assault file, rocket launcher, armor and saddles. could be something else but if I forgot about it I don't make it too often.

as for riot armor - for ascendant and mastercraft it is going to be insane amounts of poly and etc (even when I have full vault of poly) so it is better to walk in mc flak/fur gear. I have some parts but I don't use them. it is just stays in vault all the time.

from ocean drops, not too often, they just cost to much, there are some though, like the asc club and xbows are cheap to make.

I did manage to get a really nice asc pike and longneck bp b4 they nerfed fishing, pike is about 700ingots for 450dmg, longneck is like 3.7k ingots for 326dmg.

Also one of the few asc craftable saddles is a 222 armor argent saddle. even on a beaver 300 slots is not enough for some saddle bps

It seriously depends on what the blueprint is and what I have already. If I get a Mastercraft Sniper Rifle bloop and I already have a Mastercraft/Ascendant Longneck, there's absolutely no way I'm wasting resources on the gun when I already have a very good weapon. Same goes for saddles. If it's a major upgrade, though, I'd probably go for the change.

The only real exceptions to this are tools, especially pickaxes. I will build new ones from blueprints even if they're only 2-3% better than my current one, though I do wait until my current tools are expended before I move up to the next tier.

The only things we don't craft are the uncraftable items and the high level riot and scuba gear (Note- we do craft the high level scuba tanks.  Leave everything else, though).  Also, the electric prod- an ascendant electric prod is the most resource insane item I've ever seen.  For most of the other things, it's usually worth it.  I carry an ascendant sword.  I crafted an ascendant fab. sniper for myself.  Thankfully, I didn't have to do this because I found an ascendant in a drop, but some of my tribemates have crafted a mastercraft compound bow.  Sure, some of it is just feather-in-the-cap material, where you can brag that you have it, but it is nice to be able to go a long time between repairs, and the extra stats are usually noticeable.

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2016 at 0:52 PM, bo0MXxXsplatter said:

I'm not saying why people would even do this, but I'm asking how many people actually make mastercraft/ascendant (I.E. a riot helmet that costs thousands of polymer and only gives double the protection.) blueprints. I personally would not make any of those blueprints as they are way to expensive at times. It would probably be faster to just keep looking in deep sea loot crates until I find an actual item instead of the blueprint.

The blueprints are expensive but WORTH IT! like the ascendant club, it can easily knock people aren't wearing certain gear pieces out cold. Same with every other piece of armor and weapons.

On 13/11/2016 at 5:52 AM, bo0MXxXsplatter said:

Yep, flak is cheap even at mastercraft level.  Rocket launchers if the mats will fit in a fab because 200% rockets make raiding cheaper anyway.  Pays for itself.  Saddles for sure, especially for raiding dinos as they don't require maintenance.

Never weapons though.  I rarely make them above journeyman and even then usually only crossbows for taming.  They're too expensive and too easy to use.  150% apprentice is the sweet spot.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:04 PM, Takridrunkkobold said:

Weapons, I do. You'd be surprised how much difference a mastercraft longneck makes when firing tranq darts when you're out taming stuff...
 And I found mastercraft blueprints for flak armor, they seem to be a decent upgrade and a fair price to make and maintain for the protection they offer. Its kinda funny to suddenly get hit, turn around and realize that dilo you didn't spot before is hitting you for a big fat yellow 0 damage floating up over its head. Or that really fast raptor suddenly gets in your face and bites you for all of... 1 damage.

It did save my butt once against a kapro I was trying to tame too once, I had dropped it in my taming pen, got my rifle out and got up on the ledge above it... and it managed to snatch me and walk around the taming pen with me dangling out of its mouth while I shot it in the face with my longneck rifle to knock it out. Was funny to my tribemates to watch.

just a tip but theres a armour cap after 100 it only really helps with aoe google it for more detail

I suppose you have your answer reading some of the replies here, but sometimes it's the novelty, I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't want to carry around a MC or ASC Wooden Torch and seeing that coloured writing. On top of that is the durability of the higher tiered items, when it comes to torches you'll notice the difference and it saves on carrying extra torches or stopping to rebuild a new one after your primitive one has broken.

Archived