This is just stupid....

Danny200

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Danny200 said:

Every single offical server is like this I don't care what you say you are wrong. All servers new players WILL get raided within the first 24 hours... all offical servers have kids no lifers and Aholes. 

I remember when I started on one of my previous official pvp hc servers how an alpha tribe gave me a 450% melee anky without me ever asking for anything, not the anky not anything, all I did was play the game and show dedication.

5 hours ago, Unboundattic319 said:

The age rating in this game should 18+. I think that would get rid of some of the trolls, and all of the"this isn't fair" wining on the forums... That best about this game is its a lot like life. Things can go from awesome to oh ___ in a second.

I wish I could like this more than once. Crybabies and whiners are ruining this game. 

8 hours ago, oScottieHo said:

When i start out,i usually just grind the swamps for magenuras,level up really fast,especially with these x2 weekends.

Dont start getting a base until about 35 then its straight to metal.

It is hard when your a low level,but as soon as you get bolas and a bow it gets easier.

Aim for sarcos and titan boas in the swamp,they can have metal tools and pikes in their loot.

Add me on xbox, oScottie Ho we are alpha on a server and we will set you up,very friendly server and you can build or tame to your hearts content.

See.. good servers are out there.. Ark is about perseverance and you gotta stick with it. My gf plays on a "friendly" too, she's learning but very fortunate for her find.  I've been wiped many times,  I've been alpha,  is part of it all.. and pvp is a massive free for all, gotta expect death from everywhere at all times,  that's what makes it exciting

9 hours ago, Danny200 said:

Go play PVE you say... PVE Is worse you get trolls doing things because they know you can't do anything back... atleast you can stop some trolls in PVP...

I stopped reading your rant here. I kinda got the idea where you were headed. Though, this is a point I'd like to touch on.

A lot of people dismiss PvE because "the trolls are unstoppable" and "at least on PvP, you can attack back". The problem with PvE isn't that the trolls are unstoppable, it's that you're not creative enough to fight fire with fire. The trolls are trolling you; they're kiting things to your base, blocking your doors, building in your walls, etc. You can return the favor. You can kite giga's in to their base as well. There are ways to deliver rex's and alphas right to them.

PvE is riddled with trolls, I agree. But if you label someone a troll, it's not like they instantly get access to some secret in-game menu that they use to ruin your game life. Just like on PvP, you have to fight back and, just like PvP, one of you will win.

At least on PvE, you have to be creative. You have to come up with ways to circumvent the PvE limits. You can't just wait for someone to log off and raid them.

Play hardcore.  You'll love it.  I started a on a pvp server two days ago.  A guy on a giga walks by and I said "hi" he said "hello". He didn't kill me.   I have a full stone base with four tames.  Within a week I should be in a full metal base with turrets competing at Alpha level.  Effort=results

12 hours ago, Danny200 said:

Yup xbox... unfortunately...

Go to server 399NA PVE... i guarantee you it will be different.  If you are respectful and don't grief/steal you will be left alone or given help if asked for.  If you find an area that is pillared just send a message and as long as it isn't in a beaver spawn etc people will remove them.  The established players who respect each other and help each other are in control of the server and it is the trolls who never last on it.. check it out and i will hook you up with a few animals to get you started.  hope to see you over there

The problem with people like you is you don not persist and instead go to 17 different servers. If you wanna play pvp you need to overcome and instead stop doing the same thing wishing for a different outcome. 

Starting on a pvp server thats already established wont be easy, either have a hidden box and place stone/metal walls until you have a decent base or make a boat with metal foudnation and store your smithy/tools in there. 

11 hours ago, DinoMinions said:

I haven't seen a good pillar cry in a while. Most servers are low enough population that if you walk past where you spawn there are tons of places to build. Also if you spawn in the easiest zone the harder it will be to find something. Or you could ask nicely in chat if someone's willing to move some. But if you give up after 2 servers then this game isn't for you.

Yea I was thinking about this the other day lmao

Go to NA PVP 392. No raiding low level tribes. I have been playing solo there for about a month and not once been raided.

Next, if you are spending 12 hours for a tame you are doing it wrong, First, don't tame anything if you cant even defend your base (obvious but doesn't seem like you guys did this) and I don't mean making a 4x4 wood hut. Second, never tame high levels without some form of kibble, if your 20 doedic dies to a couple raptors see above (your doing it wrong).

Good luck with your endeavors.

I will just reiterate what most of the replies to your post have said.  You are not incorrect in your assessment of a lot of the player base, plenty of trolls and less than intelligent people with too much time on their hands.  Guess what, thats the population in real life also.  Give people anonymity over the interweb and they will be the worst version of themselves.  Key things others have touched on, dont waste time on anything that would take over 4 hours to tame, if it takes that long your getting something high level without its preferred food which is never worth it.  Also never build in the open on pvp but dont hide in the chat, make your voice heard to feel people out.  If you hide silently on an established pvp the bigger tribes will assume you are a troll in most cases.

33 minutes ago, Birdskull said:

I got sick of official server and unofficial server with trolly server owners.

So now I host my own server, Arcadium! Still a long way to go but everyone who plays on it loves it. Perhaps you just need to host your own server and and make a community of friends?

I can't blame you for not reading the entire original post, but one of the cries was that he cannot rent an xbox server.

23 hours ago, mronemanmob said:

Play hardcore.  You'll love it.  I started a on a pvp server two days ago.  A guy on a giga walks by and I said "hi" he said "hello". He didn't kill me.   I have a full stone base with four tames.  Within a week I should be in a full metal base with turrets competing at Alpha level.  Effort=results

You on server 100?

1 minute ago, legendaryc4 said:

You on server 100?

Yes!  But I'm probably gonna have to unfortunately let go of playing on it because I'm starting to spread myself too thin, lol.  I've got some tribe issues on another server, they "need more help".  It sucks because the server seems awesome.  I might hang around even just to play 20 min a day if possible but nothing like I dreamed of, lol.

Just now, mronemanmob said:

Yes!  But I'm probably gonna have to unfortunately let go of playing on it because I'm starting to spread myself too thin, lol.  I've got some tribe issues on another server, they "need more help".  It sucks because the server seems awesome.  I might hang around even just to play 20 min a day if possible but nothing like I dreamed of, lol.

I'm cavemen the alpha there lol. My buddy passed you on a red giga? You are united? I might have spoke to you in free trade under Michael myers lol

4 minutes ago, mronemanmob said:

I'm cavemen the alpha there lol. My buddy passed you on a red giga? You are united? I might have spoke to you in free trade under Michael myers lol  unfortunately the castle we had built got deleted little over a week ago but an admin is coming out to spawn the mats back in for us to rebuild it. I actually have a screen shot tho.

Archived