Industrial Grinder Is a Joke

MikeLoeven

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The grinder is a huge time saver and completely worth every resource. I’m in a 4 man tribe and we use it daily. Stone -> flint for sparkpowder. It’s more efficient to just take a doed and a quetz and fill like 5 grinders full. The xp is just amazing and we use shared xp to power lvl new dinos. recycling saddles we will never use is just a cherry on top. It’s not worth it unless you don’t have all the industrial buildings and some good farm dinos obviously. But it’s key for farming our gunpowder. 

1/4 of the ressources is better than 0 in my opinion. Grinder definitely worth, when i need polymer quick i just grind those crappy gear you get into caves that you don’t do anything with. I almost have a vault full of little guns, helmets and stuff like that. 

It is also a nice way to get experience while you do things at base. The ressources needed is not something i would change. If an industrial grinder is hard for you, you won’t have the will to have any pf the tek gear later

6 hours ago, Malko said:

1/4 of the ressources is better than 0 in my opinion. Grinder definitely worth, when i need polymer quick i just grind those crappy gear you get into caves that you don’t do anything with. I almost have a vault full of little guns, helmets and stuff like that. 

It is also a nice way to get experience while you do things at base. The ressources needed is not something i would change. If an industrial grinder is hard for you, you won’t have the will to have any pf the tek gear later

Lol op was from almost 2 years ago when people getting an industrial forge was a feat

I think were kicking a dead horse here. Great idea with soap though @BT20

On 7/30/2016 at 10:22 AM, waterKeeper said:

And....when the alpha tribe realizes it is easier and funner to process the rest of the server through their grinder instead of mining rocks, what then? They would look at your base like " look at that juicy mosa with a mastercraft saddle...let's blow it up, that's x amount of y parked there." 

My point is, the devs do think about outcomes and repercussions with these decisions they make, show some respect and don't call them dumb. 

You clearly don't have any experience with alpha tribes. I don't intend that as an insult, just an observation based on your comment. Alpha tribes are way too efficient at mining resources, attacking other tribes and putting captured items into a grinder is a horrible use of time compared to farming.

I'm not saying that the grinder is perfect, but rest assured that no alpha tribe will ever raid another tribe just so they can have stuff to put into their grinder.

My God this post is a blast from the past, how did it necro itself lol ?

Which reminds me. Back when I played official PvE I remember building a grinder and being very disappointed with it. Mind you saying that never did I have to harvest thatch (hate thatch harvesting) ever again as I ended up using it as a glorified thatch making machine. Poor megaloceros instantly found itself out of a job.

Guest DJRone89
25 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

You clearly don't have any experience with alpha tribes. I don't intend that as an insult, just an observation based on your comment. Alpha tribes are way too efficient at mining resources, attacking other tribes and putting captured items into a grinder is a horrible use of time compared to farming.

I'm not saying that the grinder is perfect, but rest assured that no alpha tribe will ever raid another tribe just so they can have stuff to put into their grinder.

Quoting someone from 2 years ago to prove a point when the game was completely different back then so people’s perception was also a lot different is hilarious. Just look at the proceeding comments from when the “Tek trough is useless” thread was necroed ?

Guest DJRone89
9 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

My God this post is a blast from the past, how did it necro itself lol ?

Which reminds me. Back when I played official PvE I remember building a grinder and being very disappointed with it. Mind you saying that never did I have to harvest thatch (hate thatch harvesting) ever again as I ended up using it as a glorified thatch making machine. Poor megaloceros instantly found itself out of a job.

Thread locking inbound.

well... I use the industrial grinder to grind up wood to thatch. Due to the fact that making thatch gives you 1 exp every time you grind it I wait till a 2x exp event then i use broth of enlightenment to grind levels I already have 3 level 100 accounts that have came from this method the only problem with this is the fact it is tedious to grind out the wood in order to make the thatch.

On 7/30/2016 at 10:26 AM, MikeLoeven said:

My opinion of the devs comes not from just this one incident but from a long line of bad design choices they always choose the hammer to try and balance something that can easily be balanced by other methods that make more sense and as a result end up with broken mechanics. additionally they never listen to the community posts spoon feeding them better methods for implementing the broken features. 

as to your point about the alpha tribes killing peoples mounts for loot hears a news flash THEY ALREADY DO THIS and more often than not just for the lulz. so your point is completely invalid since greifing on that level already happens on a daily basis unless your playing on PVE

i really wish these forums had a poll function because it lets you get accurate numbers for community opinion since people who might not bother posting in a topic will still find the time to vote since its rather fast and painless

Having a poll is bad, just because a lot of people agree doesnt make them right by any means at all. Most of the community of most games is wrong about what should be changed, just saying lol

Guest DJRone89
3 hours ago, iyekane said:

Having a poll is bad, just because a lot of people agree doesnt make them right by any means at all. Most of the community of most games is wrong about what should be changed, just saying lol

You’re quoting someone from 2 years ago, the game had been in EA for 1 year then. Cross-Ark and evo events didn’t exist and so the taming, XP, and harvest rates were half of what they are now. People’s perception was a lot different though some issues still remain the same.

Do people not look at time stamps?

57 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

You’re quoting someone from 2 years ago, the game had been in EA for 1 year then. Cross-Ark and evo events didn’t exist and so the taming, XP, and harvest rates were half of what they are now. People’s perception was a lot different though some issues still remain the same.

Do people not look at time stamps?

Matter fact I did look at it, and either way my point stands. Having a poll of what the community wants and what the game needs is not normally the same thing. Im just saying :). Maybe games dont listen to the community average players for a reason. Some do and it ruins games. OP heroes in LoL or HOTS for example, if they listen to what most people want stuff that is clearly not OP in top level play would get nerfed into the ground because random unranked people get owned by it.

Archived