Community Crunch 404: An Update on The Center, Eggcellent Rates, and More!

I wonder the shastas will appear in the center.

Thanks to the quality of bob's tall tales was great, I'm really looking foward to it. 

I think the center is literally lack of the endemic species , but the shastassaurs make the worth to go with the maps.

I hope the center map will become cool.

Edited by billy1122

Wnats about Custom Cosmetic System

• Phase 2, launching April 1, will automatically download them in the background when encountered during gameplay. Note: Clients can disable usage of these globally or per-Mod-ID. Servers can disable globally or use a whitelist (we suggest servers use our official whitelist, which will be the default). The cosmetics allowed on official servers will be dynamically-white-listed on a daily basis by Overwolf and Studio Wildcard to avoid any exploity or issue-causing cosmetics.

Where is that?

• Like 1

No luck.  Me and 4 others can’t get in.  Nitrado said maybe roll back.  Tried that.  Stuck in some sort of installation.  One guy got in for 30 seconds.  No one else got past timeout right after join.  
contemplating life and the ark.  It’s just a game. But it’s a game I’m invested in for the last 6 years.  If anyone out there plays Xbox and has Nitrado server they use.  For asa.  Let me know what you know. Oh. We can connect to other public unofficial servers bo problem.  

8 hours ago, Collprince said:

no one cares about center, do not focus on center over abb. abb is way too important for grinding and just a way better map in general. its just island 2.0

yeah no.
They're not releasing the maps in order of "importance" or "grinding"
It's about drip feeding content/making it in the same order as on ASE.

There's also the many people, who, myself included, do care about the center and want it to come out with a proper tlc as it never got any love on ASE.

Also also, ab has barely been started, meanwhile center is basically ready, they just need to do the final touches and make the shasta. why would they completely stop that and delay it behind every other so called "important" dlc. it would make no sense, just like you.

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, ArminPlugin said:

Wnats about Custom Cosmetic System

• Phase 2, launching April 1, will automatically download them in the background when encountered during gameplay. Note: Clients can disable usage of these globally or per-Mod-ID. Servers can disable globally or use a whitelist (we suggest servers use our official whitelist, which will be the default). The cosmetics allowed on official servers will be dynamically-white-listed on a daily basis by Overwolf and Studio Wildcard to avoid any exploity or issue-causing cosmetics.

Where is that?

yeah wildcard, where is it?

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Romuluas said:

Is there another DLC coming with The Centre that isn't apart of the Bob's Tall Tales Pack?

Perhaps a DLC expansion similar to Bob's Tall Tales but for community maps?

Like and expansion pass for the Centre, Ragnarok and Valguero with maybe new fantasy items?

Also when will be be getting the next community creature vote soon, I miss going through new submissions and having that fun again.

i highly doubt it
seem to remember them saying the packs are exclusive to canon maps

but hey, maybe if they need to milk us some more they'll consider it

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DWeric said:

coming center is good news for us. but I think wild card have to do creature vote for rag.

They use gigantoraptor for island contents and say gigantoraptor will update basic game. it means rag cant have their own creature.

they already said the gigantoraptor is only temporarily on island. it'll be removed from island spawns when rag releases in 5 years

• Haha 3

So please  please  fix  trains . This is the only reason I bought the pack . I want to build track on the official server but I can't cus.  Everything is pillaged.  You need to fix this . Add the land clamm8ng for atlas or make a new one . So pillaring is no longer a thing.  A 100x100 circle or square  is plenty  of space for any size  tribe. Or add a Stationary track on the map with Junction points where people can hook up and have it where you can blame land 

I mean, this  thing wasn't really thought through because if it was you would have already thought. Of  the fact that no one would be able to use them.  Especially on official the only way you could use it is on solo and no one wants to play by their self  you guys are already changing the game so why not do that 

I didnt pay for a ingram that going to take up space in my Ingrams slots  .the train is just going to be a yard ornament  or make track work as a alliance peace so it can be places any where . Anything just fix it please 🙏  and last thing is let the tracks work with the Curvitureof the land scap so they snap Correctly and don't have to be build on pillars .lol 

When the center releases they will add only 22 servers knowing players will cap slot them and then say we will add more servers as needed like they did with scorched . Day 1 they had no where enough servers then added 22 servers and that is still not enough.  They know this but look at us they don't care they got their money .

On 4/6/2024 at 5:07 AM, TheTrueSpider said:

yeah no.
They're not releasing the maps in order of "importance" or "grinding"
It's about drip feeding content/making it in the same order as on ASE.

There's also the many people, who, myself included, do care about the center and want it to come out with a proper tlc as it never got any love on ASE.

Also also, ab has barely been started, meanwhile center is basically ready, they just need to do the final touches and make the shasta. why would they completely stop that and delay it behind every other so called "important" dlc. it would make no sense, just like you.

Exactly. Also, they have a completely different team working on The Center.

• Thanks 1

On 4/5/2024 at 8:09 PM, Collprince said:

no one cares about center, do not focus on center over abb. abb is way too important for grinding and just a way better map in general. its just island 2.0

See above. They have a completely different team working on The Center. And trust me, there is a LOT of people looking forward to the map.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, davetherave said:

Pvp might aswell be pve now scorched is a disaster, yous need to make caves unbuildable 

I'm not exactly sure what that has to do with pvp, but the funny thing is that if you ask the next person they'll tell you that caves should be buildable on pvp servers. 😛

Caves being buildable or not buildable has more of an impact on pve servers. I think most would agree that on pve caves should be unbuildable as building in them completely blocks access to end game content.

On pvp servers though, most tend to want the freedom to build anywhere they want; since the option of blowing things up is always a possibility. I remember back when they first started debating this decision of making them unbuildable or increasing damage dealt to structures; most of my tribe mates wanted them to just leave the game alone. 😛

Restricting things on pvp servers always made the game more problematic and less immersive. 

• Confused 1

On 4/8/2024 at 7:24 PM, FlorianWind9 said:

I'm not exactly sure what that has to do with pvp, but the funny thing is that if you ask the next person they'll tell you that caves should be buildable on pvp servers. 😛

Caves being buildable or not buildable has more of an impact on pve servers. I think most would agree that on pve caves should be unbuildable as building in them completely blocks access to end game content.

On pvp servers though, most tend to want the freedom to build anywhere they want; since the option of blowing things up is always a possibility. I remember back when they first started debating this decision of making them unbuildable or increasing damage dealt to structures; most of my tribe mates wanted them to just leave the game alone. 😛

Restricting things on pvp servers always made the game more problematic and less immersive. 

Completely disagree. All allowing the caves to be built in does is make sure that 90% of players never get to experience them or the boss fights because the 2 or 3 alpha tribes take them all over and lock everyone else out. It sucks.

I've beaten 4 or 5 of the bosses and thats solely because of the artifacts on crystal isles being out in the open.

If WC insists on players being able to build in caves, then the artifacts need to be taken out of them.

Not to mention it also locks players out of taming certain animals only found in caves like beetles and arthros on the Island and snails on SE.

Again it wasnt that bad on ASE because of crystal isles, but on ASA it's a huge problem

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Completely disagree. All allowing the caves to be built in does is make sure that 90% of players never get to experience them or the boss fights because the 2 or 3 alpha tribes take them all over and lock everyone else out. It sucks.

That's exactly my point. 

On PVE servers where everyone is "supposed" to be friendly and your only challenge or danger should come from the game's creatures, not other players, then the caves should absolutely not be buildable. Pillaring also should not be possible or any kind of blocking in any way. PVE is meant to allow the widest range of people access to the entire game.

On PVP however, your main challenge in the gameplay is meant to come from other human players. Alpha tribes blocking things is supposed to be part of the challenge in pvp. PVP is not supposed to be easy. Yes, it sucks. Yes, it's difficult. Yes, it is unfair. But, that's what PVE is for.

Back in the glory days of Ark when I first began playing soon after it released in Early Access, I intentionally chose to play on a PVP server because the freedom and challenge from that mode and from the other human players would make the experience feel more real and immersive. More like in real life where people can be mean; destroy your stuff; block you from things; take you prisoner. There were many times where I was harassed by people; where people destroyed my stuff and killed my creatures; where people killed me; where people knocked me out and took me prisoner; where I wasn't able to access certain areas because of stronger people blocking my path.

But do you know how wonderful the stories were that came from all that?

How exciting and interesting the experiences were because of those things?

How terribly boring it would have all been if on a PVE server where those things couldn't have happened?

I played on that server for 2 years, and I didn't get to experience the bosses or even most of the caves until about 1 1/2 years in. Can you imagine the excitement and satisfaction once I finally did get to? How boring and tedious would it have been if I'd been able to note XP my way from level 1 to 100 in a day and then expert gather resources to get the artifacts in 1 or 2 more and then defeat all the bosses a week later? Instead the suspense built up over 1 1/2 years. I had to work hard during all that time. I had to build my way up until the Alpha tribe on that server let me into their tribe. All the trust and personal connections built over all that time. And all the exciting stories of hardships along the way.

Back in those days, the Alpha tribe could completely block access to the Obelisks and they were the only way to do the bosses and when transfers first came also the only way to transfer in and out of a server. So cool to finally gain access to the sacred Obelisks and gain such abilities. The Alpha tribe used one of the Obelisks as a prison center where those deemed hostile to the server were kept knocked out and fed under 24/7 watch by various wardens. The sneaky ways those prisoners used to try to escape; the cunning involved. The vigilance needed to keep the prisoners locked up so they wouldn't harm the server. Just so much excitement and nuance and suspense and intrigue that no longer is truly possible in the game; and mostly never was on PVE

You start restricting things in PVP, and you take all that away; which they already have long ago. Making the game easier for the masses only takes away the excitement and challenge for those who truly have the will to survive. 

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, FlorianWind9 said:

That's exactly my point. 

On PVE servers where everyone is "supposed" to be friendly and your only challenge or danger should come from the game's creatures, not other players, then the caves should absolutely not be buildable. Pillaring also should not be possible or any kind of blocking in any way. PVE is meant to allow the widest range of people access to the entire game.

On PVP however, your main challenge in the gameplay is meant to come from other human players. Alpha tribes blocking things is supposed to be part of the challenge in pvp. PVP is not supposed to be easy. Yes, it sucks. Yes, it's difficult. Yes, it is unfair. But, that's what PVE is for.

Back in the glory days of Ark when I first began playing soon after it released in Early Access, I intentionally chose to play on a PVP server because the freedom and challenge from that mode and from the other human players would make the experience feel more real and immersive. More like in real life where people can be mean; destroy your stuff; block you from things; take you prisoner. There were many times where I was harassed by people; where people destroyed my stuff and killed my creatures; where people killed me; where people knocked me out and took me prisoner; where I wasn't able to access certain areas because of stronger people blocking my path.

But do you know how wonderful the stories were that came from all that?

How exciting and interesting the experiences were because of those things?

How terribly boring it would have all been if on a PVE server where those things couldn't have happened?

I played on that server for 2 years, and I didn't get to experience the bosses or even most of the caves until about 1 1/2 years in. Can you imagine the excitement and satisfaction once I finally did get to? How boring and tedious would it have been if I'd been able to note XP my way from level 1 to 100 in a day and then expert gather resources to get the artifacts in 1 or 2 more and then defeat all the bosses a week later? Instead the suspense built up over 1 1/2 years. I had to work hard during all that time. I had to build my way up until the Alpha tribe on that server let me into their tribe. All the trust and personal connections built over all that time. And all the exciting stories of hardships along the way.

Back in those days, the Alpha tribe could completely block access to the Obelisks and they were the only way to do the bosses and when transfers first came also the only way to transfer in and out of a server. So cool to finally gain access to the sacred Obelisks and gain such abilities. The Alpha tribe used one of the Obelisks as a prison center where those deemed hostile to the server were kept knocked out and fed under 24/7 watch by various wardens. The sneaky ways those prisoners used to try to escape; the cunning involved. The vigilance needed to keep the prisoners locked up so they wouldn't harm the server. Just so much excitement and nuance and suspense and intrigue that no longer is truly possible in the game; and mostly never was on PVE

You start restricting things in PVP, and you take all that away; which they already have long ago. Making the game easier for the masses only takes away the excitement and challenge for those who truly have the will to survive. 

Anything that prevents most of your playerbase from reaching endgame is bad design and needs to be reworked.

On Fjordur, the cave in the dragon trench was initially the only spot players could farm element. So naturally, people blocked it off and kept all the ele for themselves. There was major backlash and wildcard ended up adding additional ele spawns so one tribe couldnt easily prim lock everyone else. So there is precedent for a very similar issue.

It's really no different here, just replace ele with artifacts. 

To suggest people should have to raid not 1, not 2, but 3 different very strong caves just to have access to the boss fights on SE is utterly ridiculous. I don't care that much if the caves are buildable or not, (I'd prefer they werent just because some of them are really cool looking and a blast to fight through with your friends) just take the artifacts out of them.

It's a very easy, simple, win-win solution. The alphas get to keep their caves and no one is prim locked.

Edited by St1ckyBandit
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Anything that prevents most of your playerbase from reaching endgame is bad design and needs to be reworked.

I mean, I do get it. But, I'm not entirely sure if you got my point.

If I were in charge of Ark then on PVE servers there would be no-build zones built into every single cave, a good distance around every single cave entrance, a good distance around every Obelisk, a good distance around every built in spawn point, and a good distance around areas with a high density of important resources and creature spawns. This is because, PVE servers and single player are what is meant to allow the majority of a video game's player-base to have access to reaching endgame content. If this is what you want out of the video game; if access to a wide range of content is what you want to see and play; then PVE servers and single player are where you should go in a game like this. (Unfortunately I know that PVE on Ark is not fully designed this way and is another thing that wc/sg have failed in.)

But, PVP servers is where people should go when experiencing endgame content is not their ultimate goal. If your ultimate goal is to have the most challenging experience, then PVP is where you should go. Restricting things in PVP takes this unique challenge away.

If you do not want this challenge, then my question would be why are you on a PVP server? It's a question that people on my original server asked new players countless times back in the good old days.

The answer almost always was; "Because on PVE they pillar everything off and slot cap the tames. At least on PVP we have a chance of blowing other peoples' stuff up so we can open up space for ourselves."

This is why pillaring and slot capping tames should not be allowed on PVE servers and is one of the things wc/sg have failed on.

But, if this is a person's answer then why should they complain when the different rules of a PVP server work negatively against them as well? If you want the extra freedoms that a PVP server provides over a PVE server, then you should be willing to accept when those freedoms become negative towards you as well. 

The thing with Ark ever since the very beginning when pertaining to this subject comes down to how wc/sg have handled the game with concern to its multiplayer servers. They never truly thought through how people would receive and play this game. So, from the very start they didn't code the game with PVE or single player in mind. When they finally did decide that the modes should be differentiated and split, they had a difficult time implementing coding that would specifically affect one but not the other. So when things were balanced for PVP, PVE got negatively affected. (Example: Flyer Speed Nerf) When things were balanced for PVE, PVP got negatively affected. (Example: Creating Tame Slot Caps and Build Radius Limits) Creating no-build zones and dealing with the pillaring and tame slot capping on PVE became something they couldn't realistically do because those things would drastically affect PVP in a negative way. Since A.S.A. is just a copy/paste of A.S.E.'s coding, then the same still applies today.

If PVE servers truly were PVE, then the majority of the game's player-base would not need to even think about PVP servers if they wanted to experience the game's endgame content. The extra struggle to get to that endgame content on PVP is what should make PVP different from PVE on any multiplayer game. 

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, FlorianWind9 said:

If I were in charge of Ark then on PVE servers there would be no-build zones built into every single cave, a good distance around every single cave entrance, a good distance around every Obelisk, a good distance around every built in spawn point, and a good distance around areas with a high density of important resources and creature spawns.

Steve Martin showing you where you CAN build:

• Haha 1