ARK: The Animated Series is Live!

ARK: The Animated Series has arrived on Paramount+! When 21st century paleontologist Helena Walker (Madeleine Madden) finds herself resurrected on a mysterious primeval island populated by prehistoric beasts, she must learn to survive with new allies from throughout time, while trying to uncover the true nature of their strange new world. 

Show_State_Wallpaper_2560x1440.jpg

Featuring a star-studded cast including Michelle Yeoh, Gerard Butler, Russell Crowe, David Tennant and Vin Diesel, ARK: The Animated Series is now streaming in the US and Canada. Coming to other countries with Paramount+ starting April 19th.

Aligning with the release of ARK: The Animated Series, Bob’s ‘Dear Jane’ ARK Animated Series Event in ARK: Survival Ascended is now live! 

Survivors can now unlock the animated costumes of the show’s characters through the discovery of Bob’s ‘Dear Jane’ Notes, voiced by acclaimed actor Karl Urban, with the first week's drop containing Helena, Bob, Dodo and Scary the Parasaur. Each ‘Dear Jane’ note details Bob’s escapades on The Island alongside the main events of ARK The Animated Series, and new notes & costumes will be added to the game every Tuesday and Thursday through April 11.

View full article

10 minutes ago, sokiexio said:

Thanks to the ark animated series, this game will recover all the players it lost due to lack of content. Thanks You WildCard.

You realize you are aplauding for WC's policy to only use CPR to keep the game alive?
No structural health improvement, no pacemaker to keep it goin.

Just CPR everytime the patient stops breathing for another short burst of life.

Stop whining. If you experienced ASE in it Infancy then you knew what to expect. The problem is this game is so good people want to play it bug free. Second problem is people are spoiled and want it NOW NOW NOW instead of being patient. You still log in, and if you don't play then stay off the forum. Ark is still the best Dino/survival game there is period.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 5

Watched the first 2 episodes. Kinda meh.

The scenes of Helena's backstory in modern times were all either cringe or boring.

It's clearly a vehicle for woke feminism. Women are strong. Women can do everything a man can do blah blah blah.

One such scene has her at a protest where someone's holding up a sign that reads "WHITE AUSTRALIA HAS A BLACK HISTORY." So I guess throw in the anti-white agenda as well.

Shame. The scenes where they are on the ark were enjoyable (except the broodmother, what the hell even happened?), but I doubt I'm gonna watch the rest of it. If the first 2 episodes work this hard at establishing a "men bad, men cause problem" feel to the show, I'm sure it'll only increase the further the show runs.

No thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, MMaas said:

Thanks for the heads up.

[Note to self: Don't get a subscription to streaming service for this, it's appearantly not Cyberpunk or Witcher s1 quality level.]

Dont take my word as Gospel. Its just my opinion after all. 

However it does seem like the show has fallen into the all too popular trend today of use a beloved IP to cram some woke crap down our throats (halo,LOTR, etc)

Maybe I'll give the other episodes a try (there were 6 in total) because it was fun to see dinos, armor, and weapons from the game.

Edited by St1ckyBandit
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Dont take my word as Gospel. Its just my opinion after all. 

However it does seem like the show has fallen into the all too popular trend today of use a beloved IP to cram some woke crap down our throats (halo,LOTR, etc)

Maybe I'll give the other episodes a try (there were 6 in total) because it was fun to see dinos, armor, and weapons from the game.

Thanks to paramount and Twitch i've seen the first episode so it's not just your word. Besides your remarks I found the quality of animation rather poor and the over use of sharp depth of field distubing. It can be a powerfull effect if used a bit more subtile.
Cyberpunk and Dragons Dogma anime's were a few degrees higher quality, I'm still not getting a description for this lol

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, prosans said:

to let this be a good question in evolved there is a item called electronic binoculars  will they be made a real item or will they stay in the scrap pile?

-> https://ark.wiki.gg/wiki/Tek_Binoculars_(Survival_Ascended)  <-

They are a real item in the game, click on the link above for more info.

1 hour ago, Zeldei said:

Too much complaing about woke lol

You are too predictable.

Agreed.

Any complaining at all about woke is too much, because that divisive nonsense shouldnt even exist in something like a flippin ark cartoon. 

One thing I did like is how brutal Rockwell is portrayed. Feeding the kid to the Trex was awesome, one of the best scenes. Didn't think they would actually go through with it, but they did and it delivered. Rockwell is 1000% the best character on the show so far.

Edited by St1ckyBandit
  • Like 1