I've noticed when I'm out farming solo which takes a lot of time by the way my anky oftentimes swing randomly at metal nodes before I get on it I was thinking why don't they implement a feature called auto harvest I see they try to implement this feature but it's either not working properly or not implemented in a way that Adds quality life to the game so if wild card is looking at this please add a feature called auto harvesting where I don't have to get off my tame and get it on another just to hit a rock my tame should be doing that for me.

3 hours ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

I've noticed when I'm out farming solo which takes a lot of time by the way my anky oftentimes swing randomly at metal nodes before I get on it I was thinking why don't they implement a feature called auto harvest I see they try to implement this feature but it's either not working properly or not implemented in a way that Adds quality life to the game so if wild card is looking at this please add a feature called auto harvesting where I don't have to get off my tame and get it on another just to hit a rock my tame should be doing that for me.

You anky is not swinging "randomly", that's auto-harvesting, and that's exactly how auto-harvesting is supposed to work. If you are not mounted - anky's, doed's and castorides will all auto-harvest nodes when the node is within range of them. If you are mounted then of course they don't harvest, it's up to you to decide when you want them to harvest, but as long as no one is mounted on them they will continue to auto-harvest nearby nodes. Just whistle them to follow you and they will auto-harvest as you lead them toward nodes. Castorides and doed's both have fast movement, but with anky's it's often faster to just whistle them to follow you and lead them to the nodes you want them to harvest.

If you put them on "wander" they will continue to move around and auto-harvest nodes whenever the nodes are within range. Of course if you do this you need to make sure they're in an enclosed area or they might wander away. But they will continue auto-harvesting until they reach 50% of their maximum weight capacity.

Also, you can carry them in the claws of an argentavis, fly down low next to the node, and they'll auto-harvest the node while you're still hovering in the air.

26 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

Also, you can carry them in the claws of an argentavis, fly down low next to the node, and they'll auto-harvest the node while you're still hovering in the air.

The problem is that this often don't work and it seems it's dependant from the steepness of the area where the node is. In a flat area it's no problem but in a steep area I can fly my Anky into the nodes like I want ... no auto harvest. In the end I'm faster if I ride the Anky.

Maybe some adjustment from the devs could solve this problem.

1 hour ago, Zapha said:

The problem is that this often don't work and it seems it's dependant from the steepness of the area where the node is. In a flat area it's no problem but in a steep area I can fly my Anky into the nodes like I want ... no auto harvest. In the end I'm faster if I ride the Anky.

Yeah well...
Its supposed to all be a little back to basics.
At least you can cryo your dinos back into the pods when you are done. Same with taming, so you dont have to walk home every big dino...
For now, if you play official, you just have to actually do stuff to get stuff...

When ScE launches, there will be Wyverns again for fast and powerfull travel (Rhynio though) Free OIL and salt...
Bit by bit, the game is going to get you those little life hacks...
If they add more (there have been added some good features already) new cheese methods too fast, and then the new maps' upgrades are going to get there when they be there, the game will be like Gen2-2.0
Its just all taking WAAAAY to long before the maps are comming out. ScE is already "postponed" to March. Even though a 2 month interval would be really unrealistic, like it is now, it might as well be 2030 when Gen2 is going to be released 0.o I dont think ASA will survive that...
For me I dont really play other games anymore, but maybe ElderScrolls will hit 2028. Then its over for ASA PERIOD :) 

14 hours ago, Zapha said:

As far as I know this has always been true.

Of course I agree that it would be good if they improved it, every improvement is good. My only point is that we've been hoping for this improvement for a long time and I don't think it has anything to do with ASA specifically.

16 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

You anky is not swinging "randomly", that's auto-harvesting, and that's exactly how auto-harvesting is supposed to work. If you are not mounted - anky's, doed's and castorides will all auto-harvest nodes when the node is within range of them. If you are mounted then of course they don't harvest, it's up to you to decide when you want them to harvest, but as long as no one is mounted on them they will continue to auto-harvest nearby nodes. Just whistle them to follow you and they will auto-harvest as you lead them toward nodes. Castorides and doed's both have fast movement, but with anky's it's often faster to just whistle them to follow you and lead them to the nodes you want them to harvest.

If you put them on "wander" they will continue to move around and auto-harvest nodes whenever the nodes are within range. Of course if you do this you need to make sure they're in an enclosed area or they might wander away. But they will continue auto-harvesting until they reach 50% of their maximum weight capacity.

If this is what wild card thinks is a good auto harvest it's a complete joke I've seen video games with better mechanics than this sometimes after hitting a few rocks they just stop completely this is not a complete feature and they need to redo it. According to my testing there seems to be a sort of weight limit to them when on auto harvesting they will stop swinging eventually. It's impossible to get a overweight anky I've tested this with all the farming dinos I know it's the same case throughout. This is asa they're supposed to be introducing quality live Improvements and this is one of my most anticipated. The fact that they made it 50% of its weight is ridiculous this is not efficient by any means it should continue to harvest regardless of its own weight.

Edited by DeliaHaze20
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

If this is what wild card thinks is a good auto harvest it's a complete joke I've seen video games with better mechanics than this sometimes after hitting a few rocks they just stop completely this is not a complete feature and they need to redo it. According to my testing there seems to be a sort of weight limit to them when on auto harvesting they will stop swinging eventually. It's impossible to get a overweight anky I've tested this with all the farming dinos I know it's the same case throughout. This is asa they're supposed to be introducing quality live Improvements and this is one of my most anticipated. The fact that they made it 50% of its weight is ridiculous this is not efficient by any means it should continue to harvest regardless of its own weight.

Devs dont have ankies yet, so they only have stone and wooden PCs.
Why dont you set up a few bases at metal rich areas. Farming metal isnt going to take all your time...
Its just this thing you got to do. So:
Just do it.

Heli.jpg.51afdd18bce0b196c886e2ef3d06c99d.jpg

18 hours ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

If this is what wild card thinks is a good auto harvest it's a complete joke I've seen video games with better mechanics than this

1) If you're not mounted they automatically harvest.

2) If you put them on wander they will continue to move around the area and continue to automatically harvest.

That sounds like pretty good auto-harvesting to me. It's not a factory, it's a single creature. ARK isn't a city builder game, it's not an automation game, it's not a resource management game, it's an "open world survival crafting" game.

What game(s) are you trying to compare ARK to, did you come here from Factorio? What other open-world-survival-crafting games do you think have better auto-harvesting mechanics than this one?

sometimes after hitting a few rocks they just stop completely... According to my testing there seems to be a sort of weight limit to them when on auto harvesting they will stop swinging eventually.

As was already explained, when they reach 50% of their maximum weight capacity they stop auto-harvesting. If you want to tame them as auto-harvesters then you put all of their post-tame levels in to Weight.

The fact that they made it 50% of its weight is ridiculous this is not efficient by any means it should continue to harvest regardless of its own weight.

No, 50% of their weight makes a lot of sense. Again they're individual creatures, not factories. A creature that over-weights itself and can't move would be a pretty stupid idea.

Please give examples of open-world-survival-crafting games that have more/better auto-harvesting.

Edited by Pipinghot
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Zapha said:

Yes, your observation about the slope is true, if it can be useful as a suggestion I solve this problem by going around the stone in question, both Anky and Doedicuro (collected with Argentavis) seem to work much better when you fly rotating around the nodes instead of pointing them in front straight line.

11 hours ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

Sure I just set up TPs at every single mountain consuming large amounts of element to boot Simply put that's not going to happen especially when transfers open up it's not going to be a fun time. And you're on 1X getting a cap takes a good hour.

You hve gotten your first pair of ignots already?

19 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

1) If you're not mounted they automatically harvest.

2) If you put them on wander they will continue to move around the area and continue to automatically harvest.

That sounds like pretty good auto-harvesting to me. It's not a factory, it's a single creature. ARK isn't a city builder game, it's not an automation game, it's not a resource management game, it's an "open world survival crafting" game.

What game(s) are you trying to compare ARK to, did you come here from Factorio? What other open-world-survival-crafting games do you think have better auto-harvesting mechanics than this one?

As was already explained, when they reach 50% of their maximum weight capacity they stop auto-harvesting. If you want to tame them as auto-harvesters then you put all of their post-tame levels in to Weight.

No, 50% of their weight makes a lot of sense. Again they're individual creatures, not factories. A creature that over-weights itself and can't move would be a pretty stupid idea.

Please give examples of open-world-survival-crafting games that have more/better auto-harvesting.

I'm going to answer those questions This whole form realistically was to See if anyone else is having the same issues as I am 

1.  (If you're not mounted they automatically harvest) Again the 50% of the overall weight problem it's impractical

2. (If you put them on wander they will continue to move around the area and continue to automatically harvest) That's inefficient also the 50% overall weight problem again it's impractical Like why even Implement this in the first place if it's only 50% most people aren't even going to put up with that they're going to have to have another person.

It should not be hard for the devs to make a feature on a tame where they continue to swing even though they are Overweight I work full job hours and I do not have hours out of my time after work for hours of farming burns me out on his game I feel that if the tame swung while I carried it around to rock to rock it would improve the speed at which I gather resources

(That sounds like pretty good auto-harvesting to me. It's not a factory, it's a single creature. ARK isn't a city builder game, it's not an automation game, it's not a resource management game, it's an "open world survival crafting" game) I take it you haven't played ASA yet.... they're literally adding automation into the game through either DLCs or updates hell you can even siphon materials from tek dedicated storage Which is technically classified as automation because it's doing it for you.

(What game(s) are you trying to compare ARK to, did you come here from Factorio? What other open-world-survival-crafting games do you think have better auto-harvesting mechanics than this one?) You pretty much answered the question for me Factorio and satisfactory Are both really good examples of automation also doesn't hurt the fact that they're fun as hell to play. and palworld I hear it has really good automation mechanics.

(As was already explained, when they reach 50% of their maximum weight capacity they stop auto-harvesting. If you want to tame them as auto-harvesters then you put all of their post-tame levels in to Weight.) Yes if you have read my previous comment you have known that I have mentioned this.

)No, 50% of their weight makes a lot of sense. Again they're individual creatures, not factories. A creature that over-weights itself and can't move would be a pretty stupid idea.) No it's actually a really bad idea what's the point of adding in a feature like this if it's only 50% of their overall weight like who the hell is going to use this feature to its fullest most people I know have to do it the hard way getting off and on their tames that's inefficient boring getting burnt on this game and ways I can't even explain.

(Please give examples of open-world-survival-crafting games that have more/better auto-harvesting.) I really don't want to tell you how to use the internet.

Edited by DeliaHaze20

But getting past all that I would really like the farm by myself in a more efficient way than having to bother one of my tribe mate who is either raising or doing something otherwise more important. also my tribe has a lot of downtime meaning a lot of my farming partners are not on until later on tonight.

Edited by DeliaHaze20

I'm going to answer those questions This whole form realistically was to See if anyone else is having the same issues as I am

Simply put, Yes. Everyone else is having the same issue you're having, except it's not really an issue. The primary issue here is you wanting ARK to be a different kind of game.

1.  (If you're not mounted they automatically harvest) Again the 50% of the overall weight problem it's impractical

It's very practical, if you learn how to play the game well. The solution is really pretty simple - if you want more auto-harvesting then tame or breed more harvesters. ARK is fundamentally a game about taming, dinos are the force multiplier that will solve all your problems if you use them right. But they will never solve your problems for you if you just complain that your favorite anky should be an infinite harvester, that's never going to happen.

Each individual dino is exactly that individual creature. Yet again, they're not factories and this is not a factory game. It never has been, never will be. The very best harvesting animal in the game (Strider) is not going to be re-introduced until ASA gets all the way to Genesis 2, and what that means is it's up to players to find creative solutions for harvesting and auto-harvesting.

At this stage in the game, when "The Island" is the only map, the best solution is to tame or breed a pack of harvesters and let them loose in an area that you enclose with dino gates or that channels them predictably so you can find them easily to unload them.

2. (If you put them on wander they will continue to move around the area and continue to automatically harvest) That's inefficient also the 50% overall weight problem again it's impractical Like why even Implement this in the first place if it's only 50% most people aren't even going to put up with that they're going to have to have another person.

And again, no, 50% is not impractical, you just need to tame more of them. If you have 5 of them then they will auto-harvest 5x as much when you log on.

Beyond that, you obviously have not seen how powerful harvesters become once you have put 40-50 levels into the Weight stat, they can carry a whole lot of materials.

It is a fundamental concept in the game that 50% is the point at which being over-weighted begins, that's true for players and it's true for creatures. Weight limits are part of the game, and that means you have to learn how to deal with weight limits, they are not going to be removed from the game, not for you, not for anyone. The benefit for you, if you do things right, is that you can whistle all of them to follow you back to your storage boxes and unload them all in once place, then send them wandering again. If they kept on harvesting until they couldn't move then you would have to run back and forth unloading them individually, which is much less practical than whistling them to follow you.

Like why even Implement this in the first place if it's only 50% most people aren't even going to put up with that they're going to have to have another person.

Incorrect. I have 8 years of experience with multiple tribes and lots of tribe mates, and the data from all those people that proves "most people" will figure out how the game works and learn strategies to use harvesting animals to their best advantage. You might have convinced yourself that "most people aren't even going to put up with that" but I can tell you for a fact that you're wrong.

It should not be hard for the devs to make a feature on a tame where they continue to swing even though they are Overweight

That's true, but they're not going to.

This not an accident, it's not a mistake, it's not a screwup and it's definitely not a bug. It's a deliberate decision about how the fundamental mechanics of this game work. You are certainly entitled to dislike that decision, you're entitled to leave ARK and play other games (we do play games for fun after all), but you need to understand that this is not the result of something going wrong and they're not going to change it, that's just the way it is.

I work full job hours and I do not have hours out of my time after work for hours of farming burns me out on his game

So let's talk about that for a minute. In spite of the fact that we're currently arguing I completely understand this statement. So why, one might ask, did they design the game this way (and why are they not going to change it)?

The answer is that ARK has always been intended to be a tribe game.

Regardless of whether it's PvP or PvE the game is intended to be played in a tribe. Having multiple people in a tribe allows them to divide up the work or trade off jobs from day to day. Maybe one day you farm metal, maybe another day you do the cooking, and another day you do meat runs to feed tames and for breeding. If you're playing on Official server the game will always be feel more grindy and will always be more likely to burn you out than being in a tribe. I've played this game in PvE and PvE, played on official, unofficial and private servers, played it solo, in a small tribe, in a large tribe, played in an alpha (PvP) tribe, and out of all the variations in ARK, trying to play solo is the most likely to make a person start to burn out - so I understand what you're feeling.

If you're playing on an Official server the only way to make the game less grindy and less likely to burn you out is to find a tribe. Even if you tame 10 anky's to auto-harvest for you this will still be true. Playing with a tribe makes almost every aspect of the game better.

If you're playing in single-player mode or on your own private dedicated server, then you have tons of options to make this better - there are a variety of settings you can configure and a variety of mods you can install.

If you're playing on official, get a tribe, that's the best answer. If you're playing single-player, look at configuration setting and mods.

I feel that if the tame swung while I carried it around to rock to rock it would improve the speed at which I gather resources

That's a true statement, but they're still not going to change it, which means you either must find other solutions or you must play a different game. The choice is yours.

I take it you haven't played ASA yet.... they're literally adding automation into the game through either DLCs or updates hell you can even siphon materials from tek dedicated storage Which is technically classified as automation because it's doing it for you.

Yup, just like with ASE, when they added stuff in each new DLC that made certain aspects of the game easier, and in some cases much easier. Heck in Genesis 2 they added the Strider that harvests massive amounts of resources with just the click of a few buttons.

And yet... throughout all of ASE, with all of the improvements, with all of the changes, with all of the tek additions, with all of the labor-saving dino's they added, they never changed the fundamental mechanics for a) auto-harvesting and b) weight limitations. Heck, they added cryopods long before anky's were able to auto-harvest metal (yeah, there was a long period of time when anky's didn't auto-harvest at all, those were fun times).

(What game(s) are you trying to compare ARK to, did you come here from Factorio? What other open-world-survival-crafting games do you think have better auto-harvesting mechanics than this one?) You pretty much answered the question for me Factorio and satisfactory Are both really good examples of automation also doesn't hurt the fact that they're fun as hell to play. and palworld I hear it has really good automation mechanics.

In large part you've just made my argument for me. Factorio and Satisfactory are factory games, in both of those examples the entire point of the game is about building an automated systems. That is not the point of ARK, it's not a factory game.

Like you, I haven't played Palworld so I can't speak to it. Having said that, if ARK looses too much market share to Palworld you might get your wish after all. Nothing motivates a game developer to change their game than losing players to the competition. :)

)No, 50% of their weight makes a lot of sense. Again they're individual creatures, not factories. A creature that over-weights itself and can't move would be a pretty stupid idea.) No it's actually a really bad idea what's the point of adding in a feature like this if it's only 50% of their overall weight like who the hell is going to use this feature to its fullest most people I know have to do it the hard way getting off and on their tames that's inefficient boring getting burnt on this game and ways I can't even explain.

Lots of people use this feature to its fullest. You haven't, but others have. That's on you.

(Please give examples of open-world-survival-crafting games that have more/better auto-harvesting.) I really don't want to tell you how to use the internet.

That's an adorable, if somewhat lame, attempt at a comeback but it completely misses the point.

#1) I haven't played every game in existence, and would never pretend that I have. I'm a human being just like you and I don't have an infinite amount of time. Therefore it's perfectly reasonable to ask you what other open world survival games you're comparing ARK to. You might surprise me and give and example of a game that could convince me you have a point. Or, you might refer to a game that we've both played and that would allow us to exchange some comparisons between the different games.

#2) Everything you've written so far gives the impression that you are coming to ARK from factory games and then being disappointed that it's not another factory game. You sound like someone who doesn't understand open world survival crafting games and is complaining due to your own lack of understanding. That's like playing a puzzle game and then complaining that there's not enough first person shooting. It's a different kind of game. Now I might be wrong about that, maybe that's not what's happening, but if you don't give examples of other OWSC from your experience then you will continue to sound like someone who doesn't have experience with this sub-genre of games.

So if you want to make and apples-to-apples comparison, comparing ARK to other OWSC games, then please name names. It might change the direction of the conversation, it might not, we might still disagree or we might find areas of agreement that we haven't discovered yet. But none of that is possible if you hide behind a cheap line about the internet.

1 hour ago, Pipinghot said:

Simply put, Yes. Everyone else is having the same issue you're having, except it's not really an issue. The primary issue here is you wanting ARK to be a different kind of game.

It's very practical, if you learn how to play the game well. The solution is really pretty simple - if you want more auto-harvesting then tame or breed more harvesters. ARK is fundamentally a game about taming, dinos are the force multiplier that will solve all your problems if you use them right. But they will never solve your problems for you if you just complain that your favorite anky should be an infinite harvester, that's never going to happen.

Each individual dino is exactly that individual creature. Yet again, they're not factories and this is not a factory game. It never has been, never will be. The very best harvesting animal in the game (Strider) is not going to be re-introduced until ASA gets all the way to Genesis 2, and what that means is it's up to players to find creative solutions for harvesting and auto-harvesting.

At this stage in the game, when "The Island" is the only map, the best solution is to tame or breed a pack of harvesters and let them loose in an area that you enclose with dino gates or that channels them predictably so you can find them easily to unload them.

And again, no, 50% is not impractical, you just need to tame more of them. If you have 5 of them then they will auto-harvest 5x as much when you log on.

Beyond that, you obviously have not seen how powerful harvesters become once you have put 40-50 levels into the Weight stat, they can carry a whole lot of materials.

It is a fundamental concept in the game that 50% is the point at which being over-weighted begins, that's true for players and it's true for creatures. Weight limits are part of the game, and that means you have to learn how to deal with weight limits, they are not going to be removed from the game, not for you, not for anyone. The benefit for you, if you do things right, is that you can whistle all of them to follow you back to your storage boxes and unload them all in once place, then send them wandering again. If they kept on harvesting until they couldn't move then you would have to run back and forth unloading them individually, which is much less practical than whistling them to follow you.

Incorrect. I have 8 years of experience with multiple tribes and lots of tribe mates, and the data from all those people that proves "most people" will figure out how the game works and learn strategies to use harvesting animals to their best advantage. You might have convinced yourself that "most people aren't even going to put up with that" but I can tell you for a fact that you're wrong.

That's true, but they're not going to.

This not an accident, it's not a mistake, it's not a screwup and it's definitely not a bug. It's a deliberate decision about how the fundamental mechanics of this game work. You are certainly entitled to dislike that decision, you're entitled to leave ARK and play other games (we do play games for fun after all), but you need to understand that this is not the result of something going wrong and they're not going to change it, that's just the way it is.

So let's talk about that for a minute. In spite of the fact that we're currently arguing I completely understand this statement. So why, one might ask, did they design the game this way (and why are they not going to change it)?

The answer is that ARK has always been intended to be a tribe game.

Regardless of whether it's PvP or PvE the game is intended to be played in a tribe. Having multiple people in a tribe allows them to divide up the work or trade off jobs from day to day. Maybe one day you farm metal, maybe another day you do the cooking, and another day you do meat runs to feed tames and for breeding. If you're playing on Official server the game will always be feel more grindy and will always be more likely to burn you out than being in a tribe. I've played this game in PvE and PvE, played on official, unofficial and private servers, played it solo, in a small tribe, in a large tribe, played in an alpha (PvP) tribe, and out of all the variations in ARK, trying to play solo is the most likely to make a person start to burn out - so I understand what you're feeling.

If you're playing on an Official server the only way to make the game less grindy and less likely to burn you out is to find a tribe. Even if you tame 10 anky's to auto-harvest for you this will still be true. Playing with a tribe makes almost every aspect of the game better.

If you're playing in single-player mode or on your own private dedicated server, then you have tons of options to make this better - there are a variety of settings you can configure and a variety of mods you can install.

If you're playing on official, get a tribe, that's the best answer. If you're playing single-player, look at configuration setting and mods.

That's a true statement, but they're still not going to change it, which means you either must find other solutions or you must play a different game. The choice is yours.

Yup, just like with ASE, when they added stuff in each new DLC that made certain aspects of the game easier, and in some cases much easier. Heck in Genesis 2 they added the Strider that harvests massive amounts of resources with just the click of a few buttons.

And yet... throughout all of ASE, with all of the improvements, with all of the changes, with all of the tek additions, with all of the labor-saving dino's they added, they never changed the fundamental mechanics for a) auto-harvesting and b) weight limitations. Heck, they added cryopods long before anky's were able to auto-harvest metal (yeah, there was a long period of time when anky's didn't auto-harvest at all, those were fun times).

In large part you've just made my argument for me. Factorio and Satisfactory are factory games, in both of those examples the entire point of the game is about building an automated systems. That is not the point of ARK, it's not a factory game.

Like you, I haven't played Palworld so I can't speak to it. Having said that, if ARK looses too much market share to Palworld you might get your wish after all. Nothing motivates a game developer to change their game than losing players to the competition. :)

Lots of people use this feature to its fullest. You haven't, but others have. That's on you.

That's an adorable, if somewhat lame, attempt at a comeback but it completely misses the point.

#1) I haven't played every game in existence, and would never pretend that I have. I'm a human being just like you and I don't have an infinite amount of time. Therefore it's perfectly reasonable to ask you what other open world survival games you're comparing ARK to. You might surprise me and give and example of a game that could convince me you have a point. Or, you might refer to a game that we've both played and that would allow us to exchange some comparisons between the different games.

#2) Everything you've written so far gives the impression that you are coming to ARK from factory games and then being disappointed that it's not another factory game. You sound like someone who doesn't understand open world survival crafting games and is complaining due to your own lack of understanding. That's like playing a puzzle game and then complaining that there's not enough first person shooting. It's a different kind of game. Now I might be wrong about that, maybe that's not what's happening, but if you don't give examples of other OWSC from your experience then you will continue to sound like someone who doesn't have experience with this sub-genre of games.

So if you want to make and apples-to-apples comparison, comparing ARK to other OWSC games, then please name names. It might change the direction of the conversation, it might not, we might still disagree or we might find areas of agreement that we haven't discovered yet. But none of that is possible if you hide behind a cheap line about the internet.

Well you do you buddy I'm not going to tell you How to play the game even though our first conversation was unpleasant to begin with i've already talked to a bunch of people both PVP and PVE and they think this is a good idea regardless but instead of arguing with some stranger on the internet lets just agree to disagree cuz at the end of the day I couldn't care less Plus if I really want to insult you I would have been kicked 😁

Edited by DeliaHaze20

13 minutes ago, Countrydude89 said:

^^^I wouldn't worry too much about "Palworld" tbh. It just seems like another one of them kinda games the internet will circlejerk over for 2-3 months, then drop like a hot potato the minute they get bored, and move onto the next shiny object. 🤷

True just like Elden ring eventually it will die down.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

True just like Elden ring eventually it will die down.

Elden Ring hasnt got its Dlc released yet though. But yeah That game and other souls games have a way more clear "end-game" Just finishing the game, or maybe defeating Melania. So at some point its just done...
But they all have terrible PvP. Ark has PvP, so you can play the games main story somewhat parallel and coextensive at the same time with the PvP.
Finding the right gamemode that fits you is important for Solo Players. But thrust me, if you like this game you will probably be playing it for quite some time and before you know it you dont even know what you where "nagging" about on this topic...

Edit: Sorry for my somewhat "downplaying" on you...

Edited by SunsetErosion

So anyway I feel like we should get back on topic i've already talked to my tribe which is PVP they said that removing this feature or improving in some way would be a good quality of life i'll also talk to my PVE server they said the same thing also no one does the giant pen thing with Dinosaurs on wonder due to renderange issues you still comprised of the same tedious having to hop off your Bird hop on to the anky and swing rinse and repeat I feel like they should implement the feature if not similar to this to make farming more enjoyable And given how most quality lives to farming are in future DLCs which is going to be usually a year or two away I feel like they should implement something to make farming Less tedious and annoying.

• Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

So anyway I feel like we should get back on topic i've already talked to my tribe which is PVP they said that removing this feature or improving in some way would be a good quality of life i'll also talk to my PVE server they said the same thing also no one does the giant pen thing with Dinosaurs on wonder due to renderange issues you still comprised of the same tedious having to hop off your Bird hop on to the anky and swing rinse and repeat I feel like they should implement the feature if not similar to this to make farming more enjoyable And given how most quality lives to farming are in future DLCs which is going to be usually a year or two away I feel like they should implement something to make farming Less tedious and annoying.

We can agree to disagree.

Having said that, if you actually want to suggest this to WildCard then you need to post it in the Suggestions forum. The General forum is for players to discuss/argue/help among themselves, the devs never even hear of discussions that take place in the General forum. Suggestions is for suggestions.

• Facepalm 1