Community Crunch 387: Introducing Dreadnoughtus

StudioWildcard

4 hours ago, Harry8367 said:

is this some sort of joke?

Nah man; the joke happened back on April 1st 2023 when wc put out a CC which said, "Hey guys, are you as excited as we are that we've decided to shut down official A.S.E. servers later this year as we prepare to force you to pay us upwards of $90 for a copy/paste of A.S.E. into UE5 so that you can enjoy the graphical update and minor mechanics fixes/additions that we earlier promised were going to be free for A.S.E.? Oh, and we're only going to release the first 2 story maps, scratch that we meant just the first story map, on launch so you'll have to wait like 1, 2, maybe 3 years to experience your favorite maps which you already own in A.S.E.? Also, to make sure that there's no confusion that this is indeed a full copy/paste remake, we're going to call it A.S.A. now and all future Ark content additions will be made on this game instead as we've decided to give up on the original version you already own so that we can resell you the game again because we're tired of you not giving us any more money for the game you already own." 

It was a pretty good April Fools prank I gotta say. Making us believe they were going to do all that and make us pay $90 for it. In truth, they were only going to make us pay $44.99 for it. 🙃

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Ich bin sprachlos,all diese Aufregung,das nichts für Konsolen Veröffentlichung dabei ist,sind die Medien doch voll von Informationen über die verzögerte Version des Spiels und es ist nicht die erste.wie man erkennt werden noch mehr Verzögerungen erscheinen,gewöhnt euch doch daran,es wird vor asa noch andere gute Spiele für die Konsolen geben

Why even waste your time with this crunch? Worst game company on the planet period! I have played ASE since launch and I promise you this wildcard I will not buy this game, will only play it if free on Gamepass. I suggest the entire console community do the same or companies like this will continue to treat their consumers like sh!t……..

6 hours ago, TysonNess said:

I hope studio wild card read this and understand that if they keep pushing back the game they are giving pc gamers more and more time to get ahead of console players and when the game does come out that by this rate they have 20 days of grinding. And when console servers come out with the events that are happening their lead will only grow and the chance of console ever having the ability to play on the same level as pc players gets smaller. So as I see it with the next 2 events coming you need to boost rates so high that console survivors have a chance at catching up because with the current growth that I am seeing of some tribes, we have no chance. There are tribes that have so many people they have already concurred servers. The worst part is that the mega tribes that have dedicated breeders who have been grinding day after day to get perfect points into there lines that I feel console will never have a chance against when server transfers open. 

studio wildcard I love your game but I hope you understand you are killing your console community.

Dont play on crossplay servers. Stick to console only if you don't want to be at a disadvantage.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hi, thank you for the crunch....and in advance Happy Thanksgiving. Someone in your PR dept really needs a break and some back to school lessons on how to communicate effectively with their customer base. First you take the game away from everyone..... with fab promises of new improvements and concurrent launch to come..then you only start one platform... continually delay the others , leaving them sat on the sidelines watching vids of everyone having so much fun with the new game.... all those first moments and surprises missed and spoiled, NOW you're really rubbing noses in by offering a special in everyones hearts event that the rest simply won't see for a whole year! No chance of catching up with missed jumpers etc... How to show you really prefer PC... by actually preferring PC ! Should really not have added the turkeys.... that could easily have waited.. Doesn't give the feeling that consoles are all hand on deck as you put it, and defo a kick in the teeth to the rest of your loyal fanbase.. I am astounded by how tone deaf this is appearing to be! We're not clueless... we all know it's Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then New Years, so the chances of console releasing before mid january are slim to none, would have been far better to be honest up front xx

• Like 5

Lets not forget this was originally slated for an August release, then became October, then November and you still can't pin down a release date...still a bunch of amateurs 8yrs and hundreds of millions later. 

Anyways, it's been over 3 weeks now since it was released on PC and since you ain't really that bothered with other platforms I watched streams etc to get a feel of the game and experience second hand all it has to offer. I mean beyond the shine, its just the same old Island and creatures/items/game loop. Honestly the 'hype' and 'wow' factors are now gone. I got used to seeing the graphics and barring a miracle console versions will pale in comparison visually. So, I genuinely don't feel any urgency or craving to just replay the Island any more.

Bottom line is...I don't care for it and sure as hell don't care for you upcoming PR events. 

Last thought around their two upcoming events though...don't be a douche  if you attend. If you want to express dissatisfaction, don't attend at all. Less views and attention hurts a lot more in PR activities than spamming obscene abuse in chatrooms etc. 

Edited by KingOfAshes
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Boycott all crossplay servers simples.  If you are a console player do not join a crossplay server as the PC advantage will be unreal.  Apart from the head start October 25th, they have evolution rates each weekend, making their lead unreal.  Console players stick to console servers and to be fair par it with the release of PS5 so none have the advantage over the other.

Crossplay sounded a great idea when all 3 platforms were to be released at the same time, this is not the case and therefore the only 2 platforms this can still happen on should be released at the same time to keep it fair,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for very transparent and honest cc. No1 of us did know where we are with this game. Now all is clear.... in deep poo. Guys. Just stop working on topics that does not matter and don't wait for certification. Get ready to correct poo that you can already correct. With actual progress and your management , we all can play your great game earliest on q3 2024

Wow....this is an amazing Community Crunch.  I've never seen this information before....oh wait....

Sorry but this is awful communication, never mind a Community Crunch.  Regurgitated Dino Info, as well as the PSA that was released.  I thought the whole purpose of the Community Crunch was to provide NEW information.

Studio Wildcard/Community Managers wake up please.  Your ability to listen to your community as well as to communicate to them is shockingly awful.

It's time you guys started looking for alternative investors and get rid of Snail Games and their continued debt.  They are dragging you guys down big time.

I wouldn't be surprised if this comment/post ends up getting deleted because who wants to read it eh?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guys  step back and think for a moment.  I know WC is crap when it comes to deadlines but I think this one is out of their hands.   Xbox requires games to be available to the series X and S to pass cert.  Now look at the spec differences between the series X and the Series S.   and look how hard it is to run on PC.   There is no way this can play on the series S  Microsoft needs to make it so games can be made soley for the series X or xbox is going to get left behind in so many games.  Look at Baldur's Gate.  Its out on PC and PS  but not Xbox  because the Series S cant run it.   Its the Same with ASA  it will play on the Series X  but not the Series S.    I think this is the exception  99% of the time is WC not being able to get their crap togther but this time I think its Microsoft making life miserable for them.  PS does have the same requirements to play on older systems.  So watch.  ASA will launch on PS as stated but Xbox likly wont get it until next year if at all.  If Microsoft doesnt fix this games will just stop developing for Xbox and well then the console dies.      Just my 2 cents

• Facepalm 1